Two Questions Have you gotten more

Dad dropped HS to enter Military (WWII), Mom was a cadet Nurse (RN = Associates?). Out of 5 kids the oldest obtained a BS - thanks to the military - and youngest (me :)) an Associates from the local CC. People in the middle - auto mechanic, hair dresser and office worker.

My kids: middle - HS only - tried College x2; Eldest MS; and Youngest BS - both Big 10 - Purdue and PennState respectively.

Sister Kids: HS and CS Certificate - Brothers Kids: both BS from PennState.

Our kids generation was the first time all the males made it out of HS with a diploma (No Child Left Behind - thank you).

More. I have a masters degree. My mom completed high school. Dad completed community college. He completed his bachelors degree just a few years ago. Only took 40 years to finish.

DH more. He has his PhD. I'm not even positive that his parents completed high school.

Kids are still in K-12 so no comparison yet.

My father has his doctorate and mom has a Masters so no.

I just have a year towards my Masters in Guidance and Counseling and before that just a teaching degree/major in Pysch and minor in Sociology(BA).

Dad ~ Associate's Degree
Mom ~ Doctorate
Me ~ in the middle with Bachelor's Degree

My Kid ~ elementary ed. When waking up early for school, I will occasionally hear her mumbles about dropping out. 😆 But I said that too, so no need for a educational intervention yet.

My mother left school after the 8th grade to help support her family. My dad went through the 11th grade. I have a BA in Education with a minor in English. DD has a BS in secondary education social sciences and a masters in history. She also has a degree in digital media. She is currently working on a masters in instructional design.

Dad has a Doctorate and mom has two Bachelors and a med tech certification. None of us have them beat, so surpassing our parents isn't happening in my family. My sister and I have BA's and my brother a high school diploma. I have the most with a bunch of credits beyond my bachelors, but I never completed my masters and don't plan to. My oldest has a bachelors and is contemplating getting an MBA. My younger son has two bachelor degrees and also a computer tech certification. My family has always been pretty educated since most of my grandparents had certifications (two teachers, an LPN and a pharmacist) before degrees were required for everything.

DH on the other hand, is the first college grad is his family. On that side only our kids and one other nephew have degrees or any kind of certifications. His mother (now 73, so it's not like she's super old) never felt the need to complete her high school diploma or equivalency.

Last edited:
I have a Bachelors degree and a Masters degree. My mom graduated high school. My father has a Bachelors and 2 Masters degrees. My kids are only in 4th and 6th grade.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter