Two Questions Have you gotten more

Same level as my parents, I have a Masters in Education. My step-kids are too young to have degrees as one is still in college and the other is in high school.

My dad only went to school through second grade and took a seventh grade equivalency exam. My mom graduated from high school.
I have a bachelors degree.
DD is finishing her bachelors degree this year and hopes to get a doctorate.

I have a bachelor’s degree. My parents both had bachelor’s degrees as well, and mom also had a master’s (she was a teacher). DS is a recent college grad, now in graduate school, so he is already more educated than I am.

Last edited:
My parents both have single Bachelors degrees. I have 2 Bachelors degrees, 1 with Honours and a Graduate Diploma. I don’t have children yet.

I think we are going to start to see a shift away from kids being more educated than their parents that the last few generations have encouraged. There was a huge push for everyone to get a college degree (DH and I are 38/39) and there was a mentality that regardless of the cost it’s “an investment”. But I think people are starting to realize that it’s not a guaranteed ticket to a high paying job (many trades pay way more than what someone with a bachelors degree from an expensive private liberal arts school can find.)

Of course people should go to college if they have a specific interest that requires a certain degree, but I think young people are starting to explore other options that they would have ignored before because they “had” to get a 4+yr degree.

My kids are 13-20 and this is an ongoing discussion in our home.

My parents each graduated high school (early 1960's).
I took a while, but have a master's degree now and am in a doctoral program.
DD20 is now in college (bachelor's) and we're hoping she'll graduate in 2 years. DS25 floundered for a while, but is now in community college for a certificate program, but intends to go for his associate's, then on to bachelor's. Both are actually talking master's degrees, but we'll see.

My mom graduated from high school in 1951. My dad dropped out of high school his junior year. I graduated from high school in 1980 and did not continue my education. My husband is a high school graduate although his last two years were at a local vocational school. Our son graduated in 2001 and went to a local college and earned 2 associate degrees.

My parents both have high school diplomas. My mom took some college classes when I was a teenager, but not enough to get an associate's degree.

I have two bachelor's degrees (a BA and a BS) and a master's degree.

One of my kids is a freshman in college. I don't expect her to get more than a bachelor's degree. My other child is still in high school. I don't know for sure, but I wouldn't be surprised if she stopped after a bachelor's degree as well.

I have a BA. My parents never got a 4 years degree.
DD has a BA.
DS never finished his, and makes twice what I do! But he works in computer IT and his last 2 employers are suspicious of people with degrees and Microsoft certifications, they want people who can actually FIX problems.

Father earned an Associate degree after high school, then joined the Army during the Korean War, then finished his Bachelors by taking night classes while working days.

Mother was forced by my grandfather to drop out of HS the day after her 16th birthday. After marrying my father she obtained her diploma by a combination of night classes and the online school of the era, correspondence courses.

I earned my Bachelor's degree at age 22 and Master's at age 51.

Older DD has a Bachelor's and is close to obtaining her Master's.

Younger DD earned her Bachelor's in June 2018.

Well, my dad's a doctor, and both my parents have a Masters, so they outpace me.

I do have a Bachelor's, a diploma and PMP certification so I did give it a go. :)

My mom has a nursing degree (RN), my dad is a plumber, so high school was it for him.

I have a BS and an MBA. My oldest is now in his 1st year of college. I don't believe he's planning on doing more than the 5 years (Mechanical Engineering), but we'll see.

My mom only had a couple of years of college, my dad had a MBA. I’m 2 credits short of my masters, DH has an MBA, dd23 has her masters, CPA in 2 years, I’m guessing ds21 will eventually get his MBA, dd18 plans on a doctorate, dd16 and ds16 will get a 4 year degree minimum.

Both parents had Bachelors. I got a BA and M. Ed. Both of my kids have Bachelors degrees. I don't see them pursuing post graduate degrees at this point, but nothing sure.

Until a couple of years ago, I was behind my mom and my daughter. They both have Bachelor degrees, while I was a high school graduate who had spent twenty years in the Air Force. Once I decided to use my GI Bill, I caught up to them, over 5 years after I watched my daughter graduate. Earlier this year, I got my Master's and now I stand alone.

Mommy dropped out of high school due to illness and a need for money, and never returned until after all her children were born; she also got her BA in social work then. This redeemed her in the eyes of the aunties who felt it was more of a disgrace she didn't finish school than that she divorced her husband, LOL.

Father, went to law school and was studying for another degree in banking when he died unexpectedly.

I have more formal education than my parents combined. My older sister and I are running neck and neck in that regard but but don't tell her I said she's smarter than me. My father's daughter (next youngest from me) just got her MBA. The youngest sister got her GED and settled into the business of making her part of the family tree top heavy; she has 6 children.

My oldest son received a BA in Liberal Arts. His younger brother attained a doctoral degree in biomedical engineering.
My youngest has surpassed me paper wise.

My mom was an immigrant with an 8th grade education, at some point she got a GED. Dad went to college after WWII on the GI bill, so he had a bachelors.

DH's mom had a college dergree, his dad had a PhD.

I have a bachelor's, DH has a masters.

One DD has an MBA, other 2 kids have bachelors. Youngest may go back to school some day, I could see her getting a PhD in something like history (she is in computer science now) or maybe philosophy.

I have the same as my mom - high school diploma
And we both have way less than my dad - he’s a lawyer

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter