Two Questions Have you gotten more

low-key

DIS Veteran
Education then your parents, and have your children gotten more then you

I got more then my parents, I simply just graduated from High School, my Dad dropped out in High School, and I think my mom did to, but she was real smart.

My daughter got more then me, she got a 4 years degree at College , Im real proud of her

ronandannette

I gave myself this tag and I "Like" myself too!
My DH and I both have more than any of our parents; his DD's have less than either of us (and unlikely to acquire more as they are both in their 40's). Our DS is currently in university so we'll see how that goes.

Breezy_Carol

Who needs doors when you can use windows
Both of my parents had bachelor degrees, which is the same that I got.

My DD has her masters degree, so more than I have. DS has two bachelor degrees, which he got at the same time.

• disneychrista

DIS Veteran
    More than my Mom (no college degrees), Less than my Dad (BA)

Technically both daughters have less. My youngest went through Vet Tech program, didn't get a degree but she is licensed both Federally and in the State of California.

I have AS in Business - Accounting and have completed all the course for Business - Management/Administration (can't remember which it is) but they changed the GE requirements and I am NOT spending hundreds of dollars to take English & Math to get a degree that I don't need.

low-key

DIS Veteran
    More than my Mom (no college degrees), Less than my Dad (BA)

Technically both daughters have less. My youngest went through Vet Tech program, didn't get a degree but she is licensed both Federally and in the State of California.

I have AS in Business - Accounting and have completed all the course for Business - Management/Administration (can't remember which it is) but they changed the GE requirements and I am NOT spending hundreds of dollars to take English & Math to get a degree that I don't need.

I thought you had a BA in sexiness :p

SC Minnie

<font color=purple>Are we there yet???<br><font co
    I have more than my Mom but the same as my Dad. DH is the same with his parents as I am with mine. DD is in graduate school so has more than us.

PrincessShmoo

DIS veteran
    Education then your parents, and have your children gotten more then you
    More than my parents? No. Dad got his bachelor's before he died. He started my mom going to college, and she wound up with a master's.
    More than my kids? One kid got more than I did (2 Associates degrees from community college) , but the others didn't.

• mnrose

Queen of all she surveys
    Both my parents were only high school graduates. I have a JD, so obviously more. My children (twins) are currently sophomores in college. I suspect, but can't say for sure, that my daughter will stop with a 4 year degree. I can see my son studying for a PhD someday. He's pretty academically oriented.

Forevermarypoppins

DIS Veteran
    < than my parents Dad had a Masters degree in American History, Mom a bachelors degree ?
    < than my kids Daughter Bachelor degree Marketing, Son 2 BA/ BS Bachelors International Studies/Business Stepson Bachelors in Safety Management

my husband and I each have 2 year tech degrees

Meriweather

Being a Nana is my superpower
    Neither of my parents graduated from high school. Father joined the navy at 16,
    I have a bachelor's degree
    DD has an undergraduate degree and a masters
    DS has an undergraduate degree but in computer engineering, so much better than I have.

• low-key

DIS Veteran
    My parents were high school graduates with some business college courses. I have a Masters degree. I have no children.

did you two consider adopting, or was it just to difficult when you were younger

Luv Bunnies

DIS Veteran
    Neither of my parents went to college. My mom graduated from a 2-year nursing program with her RN. My dad took a correspondence course to become a police officer.

I have a bachelor's degree. My oldest son has Asperger's. He graduated from high school with a full diploma. He definitely has the intelligence for college courses, but classroom learning and time management aren't easy for him. Younger DS is currently a junior in college, pursuing a BFA (Bachelor of Fine Arts) in Musical Theater. He is right on track to graduate in the spring of 2021.

China Expat

Mouseketeer
    My parents have high school diplomas, and I was the first in our family ever to obtain a Bachelors, Masters and Doctorate (all education related). My son grew up knowing that he should plan on earning at least a Bachelors' degree.

kimblebee

now my thoughts will be worth 5 cents
    I do not have as much education as my parents. My daughter is going to university next year so she will eventually have more than me.

one regret in life is that I didn’t get a piece of paper for something..anything. When I was starting out there were high paying jobs for grade 12 grads, that’s not the case anymore.

DuskKodesh

Marvel Hero in Training
    I have two associates degrees. First person in my family line to have a college graduation so I'm not complaining. One day I'll go back to add to them.

Mom had a RN certification. Dunno if my dad even graduated high school.

marthachick

Traveling Mom
    My mom graduated high school. My dad quit in 9th grade to help support his family. (He’s still one of the smartest men I know.) I have an Associate’s Degree. My husband graduated high school. Our son has an Associate’s Degree in Fire Technology, Paramedic certification and is almost through with his Associate’s Degree in Nursing. He plans to pursue his BSN.

PollyannaMom

I was a click-clack champ!!
    Neither of my parents got a degree, but both finished high school.
    I have a BS in Mathematics, with a minor in English.
    DS is currently a freshman in college.

Connect

Disney News and Updates

Get Daily Email Updates