Two-night Wonder cruise to Nowhere May 17, 2014

Thanks for the info...I think we may use this place. We're driving down from Riverside the day of and will need a good place to park the car.

Just out of curiosity, does anyone know if there is any parking right at the port? I know the Port of L A has on site parking. If there is, is there a reason no one wants to park there?
We are driving in from Las Vegas and have parked in the parking at the Long Beach harbor a couple of times for our cruises. The reason you cannot do it in San Diego is that there isn't any parking lot. We are going to park in one nearby and there are shuttles that take you to the port. It cost about ten dollars a day so that is very cheap.

I'm booked on this! Cat 11B. My first inside. It should be ok for 2 nights, lol! Is this our cruise meet?
We are also in an inside state room. It's only two nights is exactly what we said. We are cruising also in June and saved the bigger room with a view for that one.

Hello everyone!

We are booked on the Cruise to Nowhere! Our group consist of 8 people, myself, my DD, my DB, my DS, my DIL, and my three grandkids. We are excited about sailing out of San Diego and will probably take the kids to LegoLand the day before we sail. The kids don't know yet,and we are debating as to when to tell them. My DIL says she doesn't want to answer the "how many days" question every day for over a year so we will wait for a little while, anyway, before we tell them :-)
sorry but we are new and do not know what " my DD, my DB, my DS, my DIL" means...can you share the code with me? lol thanks.

Thanks for the info...I think we may use this place. We're driving down from Riverside the day of and will need a good place to park the car.

Just out of curiosity, does anyone know if there is any parking right at the port? I know the Port of L A has on site parking. If there is, is there a reason no one wants to park there?
the place we are using is called park and go and is on pacific highway costing only ten dollars a day. Also includes free shuttle to and from the terminal. See you there!

Hi, this will be our fifth Disney cruise and we cannot wait! Our roll call is easy, it will me myself, my husband and our two girls who will be 11 and 14 at the time of the cruise. Anyone else have kids that might want to hang out together?:p

We are going:
2 adults, 2 young adult kids, and a 17 y/o. I imagine my 17 y/o will be in Vibe the whole time like he usually is.

Hubby and I have been on Wonder before. My daughter and her BF are doing their first cruise. My daughter is a major Disney fan. If she doesn't get seasick, she'll have a good time.

For those parking at the port, here is a link to a parking lot.
http://www.portparking.net/port/port-of-san-diego/parking/park_and_go_san_diego_cruise_parking

Hello all!

Very excited to join the Cruise to Nowhere - this will be cruise #4. Our first cruise ever was on the Wonder, so it will be nice to sail on her again. We also booked B2B to go to Vancouver after this - so we will hit Gold status much less painfully than I anticipated! :cheer2:

Staying in the same stateroom as we did on the Wonder in 2007, and was able to book the same room on the B2B. So excited that we won't have to re-pack!

Sailing will be me, DH, and DS, who will be 12. We are on a Fantasy Eastern on June 1 this year, and his first time in the Edge - pretty sure we won't see him on either of these trips except at dinner!

We are planning to fly into LAX on Thursday, and spend Thurs and Fri at Disneyland. Hoping that we will be able to "package" the stay (probably Grand Californian) along with a shuttle to San Diego on Saturday morning. If anyone has done this on a previous California Coast cruise, I would appreciate your advice!

Also requested to join the FB group.

Nice to "meet" you all!

:cheer2: Hello everyone!

sorry but we are new and do not know what " my DD, my DB, my DS, my DIL" means...can you share the code with me? lol thanks.

DH Dear Husband
DW Dear Wife
DD Dear Daughter - then you can add the age (DD14)
DB Dear Brother/Dear Boyfriend
DS Dear Son (DS6 and DS10 for example)
DF Dear Friend
DIL Daughter In Law
BIL Brother In Law
MIL Mother in Law
You get it...don't ask me how the 'dear' got in front of them...lol, just sayin, sometimes DD14 is not so 'dear'...lol

B2B Back to Back cruises

:dance3:

DH Dear Husband
DW Dear Wife
DF Dear Friend
DIL Daughter In Law
BIL Brother In Law
MIL Mother in Law
You get it...don't ask me how the 'dear' got in front of them...lol, just sayin, sometimes DD14 is not so 'dear'...lol

B2B Back to Back cruises

Awesome!

Now you can answer THIS for me, lol! What is DD or double dip cruise? I've heard of B2B, but is this the same, or different?

On the fence with this one...we are doing the SAN to YVR cruise...not sure if we should back to back it...

DH Dear Husband
DW Dear Wife
DF Dear Friend
DIL Daughter In Law
BIL Brother In Law
MIL Mother in Law

B2B Back to Back cruises

I had a little different interpretation of what the letter D stood for I thought it was:

DH Disney Husband
DW Disney Wife
DD Disney Daughter
DS Disney Son
DB Disney Brother/Boyfriend
DF Disney Friend

On the fence with this one...we are doing the SAN to YVR cruise...not sure if we should back to back it...

So was I but I thought why not add it. If you do add this cruise to nowhere you'll notice that the SAN to YVR was a much better deal comparing the two (cruise days verses cost).

Yea it isn't that good of a deal... If we could stay on the ship too it would be cool... Seems a hassle to get on and off and back on... I dunno... Still trying to decide...

I had a little different interpretation of what the letter D stood for I thought it was:

DH Disney Husband
DW Disney Wife
DD Disney Daughter
DS Disney Son
DB Disney Brother/Boyfriend
DF Disney Friend

I did too, but they use them on Cruise Critics (other lines) and other boards too. I like the "Disney" better :love:

We're going, this will be our second cruise (haven't even taken our first yet and we're planning our second)

Tommy (46) and Dianna (43)

Stateroom 2509

So I was poking around in our reservation since it's the only one I can do that with (not booked with a TA) and I saw that moving from an 11B to a 9D would only be $50. Natural light from two adorable little portholes and 30 more sqft. I don't know why I assumed all OVs would be more than the higher priced Insides on my initial booking page. Glad I locked in all those price points on public opening day!

For anyone looking for a sideways 11B, we moved from 5013 so you should see if you can grab it.

Meghatron said:
So I was poking around in our reservation since it's the only one I can do that with (not booked with a TA) and I saw that moving from an 11B to a 9D would only be $50. Natural light from two adorable little portholes and 30 more sqft. I don't know why I assumed all OVs would be more than the higher priced Insides on my initial booking page. Glad I locked in all those price points on public opening day!

For anyone looking for a sideways 11B, we moved from 5013 so you should see if you can grab it.

I'm in an 11B. I guess I could ask for a swap. Will call member services and see. Which ones are the sideways cabins? Just in case this one is no longer available.

This will be my first inside. I'm making myself stay in it so I can see how an inside will be. I've been afraid to book them on longer cruises because I get claustrophobic.

adnil530 said:
Have others who are joining this cruise also but haven't seen them check in yet. Oh well. This is my first 2 nighter, lol.

Linda

Lol checking in, finally! We are DH, DS17, DD13, DS11 (at the time of the cruise) and me. Second cruise for us, though I'm hoping we can get something picked for our current dummy so I can justify another dummy on this one.
I'm excited that this time the ship is ported here in San Diego I get to get on it, even if it is for just two nights.

luv2sleep said:
I'm in an 11B. I guess I could ask for a swap. Will call member services and see. Which ones are the sideways cabins? Just in case this one is no longer available.

They are on decks 5 and 6. The ship's deck plan can give you specific numbers to ask for; just look for the Cat 11-coloured boxes that are perpendicular to the rest of the staterooms. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter