Two-night Wonder cruise to Nowhere May 17, 2014

We are in!! I missed the last cruise to nowhere and am thrilled to be booked on this one. It's during my dd's 16th bday so I've decided to make it a suprise to her and invite alot of family and friends to come along. As far as we are all concerned this is a good deal for disney to get multiple people. In fact, I booked a veranda for the 2 of us. I'll never afford that on a regular disney cruise :rotfl:

Booked this morning in Cat. 11B. :banana: I have noticed the prices have already gone up since this morning. How fast do these 2 day cruises to nowhere sell out usually?

I really want to book this. We were on the Jan, 2011 2 night too! :wave2:

Quick question....what is the deposit? I can't remember and don't want to go through the steps. Is it per person or %? Thank you! I really need my DCL fix and since we don't have to fly anywhere this is fantastic! I was so happy to see it come up.

PizzieDuster said:
I really want to book this. We were on the Jan, 2011 2 night too! :wave2:

Quick question....what is the deposit? I can't remember and don't want to go through the steps. Is it per person or %? Thank you! I really need my DCL fix and since we don't have to fly anywhere this is fantastic! I was so happy to see it come up.

Deposit is 20%. Book now, the price has already gone up since opening day.

Count us in, we were on the cruise to nowhere out of LA, and the Pixar Cruise last Sept. I about choked on the price, it went up before I could get a 11 C category booked.
I appreciate the analogy between Carnival and Disney prices, and between the Grand California and the cruise.
Cruisefish says this cruise is 95% full !!

Count us in, we were on the cruise to nowhere out of LA, and the Pixar Cruise last Sept. I about choked on the price, it went up before I could get a 11 C category booked.
I appreciate the analogy between Carnival and Disney prices, and between the Grand California and the cruise.
Cruisefish says this cruise is 95% full !!

Actually that's 95% means that 95% of the categories have availability. Here's an example, if there were 20 different categories (cat 11c, 11b, etc.), the 95% number means that 19 (19/20 is .95)of the categories have a cabin that's available to book. It doesn't give you an idea about how many cabins are available (could be just one cabin in each category) but just that 1 of the categories are completely sold out (i.e. cat R). The rest (19) have something available to book.

It took me a while to understand this concept. I had to ask a question on the cruisefish forum, lol.

That 5% of sold out categories includes the Royals in addition to the 11Cs. What a spread! O_O

That 5% of sold out categories includes the Royals in addition to the 11Cs. What a spread! O_O

Oh I have no idea what the 5% means for this cruise. I just gave an example of the how the calculation can be made. Disney doesn't have 20 cabin categories...I don't think. I don't know, maybe it does? Anyway, are those the sold out categories right now?

luv2sleep said:
Oh I have no idea what the 5% means for this cruise. I just gave an example of the how the calculation can be made. Disney doesn't have 20 cabin categories...I don't think. I don't know, maybe it does? Anyway, are those the sold out categories right now?

Those are the only two I looked at. It's possible some 11Cs are going to open up as holds from the first few days expire.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Okay, dh now knows I am certifiable! You can count us in. It will be me, dh Mike, dd18 Michelle (turns 18 on 5/16) & dd13 Laura. These are ages at the time of sailing. So nice to see names I recognize ;)

Have others who are joining this cruise also but haven't seen them check in yet. Oh well. This is my first 2 nighter, lol.

Linda

We are booked on this as well. Prices were a bit higher than I was expecting, but I would not be surprised to see it sell out.

Sue Ellen

Oops--forgot to add that there is a Facebook group for this cruise as well.

Sue Ellen

SueEllen said:
Oops--forgot to add that there is a Facebook group for this cruise as well.

Sue Ellen

Sue Ellen, can you provide the link to the FB group for us? Thanks! :)

luv2sleep said:
Sue Ellen, can you provide the link to the FB group for us? Thanks! :)

Also, is it a closed, private group? I don't want to join something that will be showing up on my friends' feeds everytime I post or comment. :D I like to keep my travel plans to myself.

Meghatron said:
Also, is it a closed, private group? I don't want to join something that will be showing up on my friends' feeds everytime I post or comment. :D I like to keep my travel plans to myself.

Each DCL FB group I've been in and has been closed and private. I'm sure this one is too.

We are booked on this as well. Prices were a bit higher than I was expecting, but I would not be surprised to see it sell out.

Sue Ellen

Hi Sue Ellen!

I've got my hubby 85% on booking. I wanna sell him on staying the night before the cruise in San Diego. What hotels are near the port? Is the gas light area near the port? Would you suggest that area? TIA it's always fun to stay the night before. :thumbsup2

Here is the Facebook Group:
http://www.facebook.com/groups/DisneyCruiseSanDiegoToNowhere/
It is a closed group, so you can request to join and I'll make sure you are added.

As for hotels near the port, there are a TON of them! It is near the Gas Lamp area, and isn't far from the airport either.
I'm happy to make recommendations. What type of hotels do you usually like to stay in?

Sue Ellen

It is a closed group, so you can request to join and I'll make sure you are added.

As for hotels near the port, there are a TON of them! It is near the Gas Lamp area, and isn't far from the airport either.
I'm happy to make recommendations. What type of hotels do you usually like to stay in?

Sue Ellen

Sent my request! Thank you!

Linda D

SueEllen said:

Sue Ellen

LOVE the gas lamp area. I lived in SD for 4 years during graduate school. Really a nice place!

What's walking distance to the pier where we can also safely park out cars? Do any of the hotels have secure parking?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter