• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Two-night Wonder cruise to Nowhere May 17, 2014

Oh no! I booked 5013 this morning (have been looking for an inside for a sideways 11B) and when doing more research about the room, a link to our thread popped up and I saw the posts about it. luv2sleep, if you still want a sideways inside, 5001 was also available.

Oh no! I booked 5013 this morning (have been looking for an inside for a sideways 11B) and when doing more research about the room, a link to our thread popped up and I saw the posts about it. luv2sleep, if you still want a sideways inside, 5001 was also available.

Oh don't worry about that! I haven't even called yet. Thing is I don't want a forward cabin and I remember a lot of these being forward. I have an aft cabin right on deck 6 now and might just stay there because it will be close to the secret deck on 7. I might even call and ask for an inside aft on 7 for that reason if that's possible.

luv2sleep said:
Oh don't worry about that! I haven't even called yet. Thing is I don't want a forward cabin and I remember a lot of these being forward. I have an aft cabin right on deck 6 now and might just stay there because it will be close to the secret deck on 7. I might even call and ask for an inside aft on 7 for that reason if that's possible.

What's the secret room?

What's the secret room?

Not really a secret room. Deck 7 Aft has a small patio that is not used very often and so has been called the Secret Deck. It is a nice place to grab some quiet sun and not be with hundreds of other noisy cruisers...

All booked 2 cabins me DH and DM :cool1: Was booked on the Alaska June 21st (or something) but all of our Disney "Family" is booking this one so we switched to be with our group of 10+ :p EXCITED to just be going on a disney trip and with all of our friends!

Count us in!

DH, me, DS(15), and DS(9) at time of sailing. RM 8082, Second dining

I'm hoping to convince family members to join us. I called and asked about dining, and was told that all 3 dining rooms are open, and you'll just get to visit 2 of them. She also confirmed that the show for AP will not happen either night.

This will be our 3rd cruise on the Wonder!

I'm thinking of the train as an option as well. At our station in Irvine, there is no fee to park. If we ride the train all the way down to the last stop or main train station in SD, is that within walking distance to the port? Where is the port in relation to the USS Midway?

The train station is about a block from the terminal. Si definitely walking distance. I plan to take the train from Oceanside

The train station is about a block from the terminal. Si definitely walking distance. I plan to take the train from Oceanside

OC_stacylace said:
. I called and asked about dining, and was told that all 3 dining rooms are open, and you'll just get to visit 2 of them. She also confirmed that the show for AP will not happen either night.

The no AP-show is the same as the 2011 weekend getaway, but the partial rotation thing is a surprise. On previous two-nighters the assignment was to one restaurant both nights with a ship-wide menu from a theme night (Golden Mickeys and Til We Meet Again).

Meghatron said:
The no AP-show is the same as the 2011 weekend getaway, but the partial rotation thing is a surprise. On previous two-nighters the assignment was to one restaurant both nights with a ship-wide menu from a theme night (Golden Mickeys and Til We Meet Again).

Knowing the disconnect between DCL shoreside and DCL on board, I highly doubt that the shoreside call center team has any definitive info on this cruise. Especially this far out.i would take anything they said now as speculation.

I'm thinking of the train as an option as well. At our station in Irvine, there is no fee to park. If we ride the train all the way down to the last stop or main train station in SD, is that within walking distance to the port? Where is the port in relation to the USS Midway?

As I said previously I will be taking the train from Los Angeles to SD. Yes, the SD train station is within walking distance to the port. When I was on the Disney Wonder for the Disney Pixar cruise the ship docked next to the USS Midway.

I guess I need to go ahead and join this meet. My DH and I will be on this cruise.

We were on the Pixar cruise and if memory serves, we were right next to the Midway. It was all I could do to keep my husband from taking a tour there again. We already had tickets for the zoo.

Anyway, we were also on the Cruise to Nowhere in 2011. I thought that we went to two of the dining rooms, but of course, they did not do the AP show, because obviously a third of the folks would have missed out. I could be mistaken about going to two of the MDRs.

But I must say, that was one of my most favorite cruise ever!! I had my (first time cruiser), my niece and my husband. My favorite people.

Oh, so I'm Brenda and my DH is Eric, and this will be 8th time on the Wonder. I will hope to reach Platinum in December with a B2B on the Dream. I have also been on the Magic once and was on the Fantasy for Hurricane Sandy :cool1:!!

My DH and honeymooned on the Wonder in 2007 and went on her for our first anniversary as well. Besides the Pixar Cruise in 2012, we also have done an Alasakan cruise out of LA. The rest of our DCL cruises have been out of Orlando.

I'm looking forward to this cruise as it will be a nice break until our next in September 2014.

We, too plan to take the train down, but we are coming a from little further away, though. We may decide to go to Disneyland for a few days first and then head down to San Diego. We will see.

Looking forward to getting know everyone.

sunshine1259 said:
Anyway, we were also on the Cruise to Nowhere in 2011. I thought that we went to two of the dining rooms, but of course, they did not do the AP show, because obviously a third of the folks would have missed out. I could be mistaken about going to two of the MDRs.

No, we definitely were in Animator's Palate both nights. It was our very first cruise, so not only do I still have our KTTW cards that say AA on them (packrat!) and our cruise pictures, but I distinctly remember wondering what "the show" was that we were apparently missing both nights.

No, we definitely were in Animator's Palate both nights. It was our very first cruise, so not only do I still have our KTTW cards that say AA on them (packrat!) and our cruise pictures, but I distinctly remember wondering what "the show" was that we were apparently missing both nights.

Okay, I couldn't remember. I just knew before hand that they would not be doing the AP show because everyone would not have the opportunity to experience it.

Thanks for the reminder!

ETA: Oh, now I remember, my DH, DM and I had dinner in Palo one night! My DN was only 16 at the time so she ate in which ever dining we had! She loved it!.

Hi Brenda, I remember you and your husband from the Disney Pixar Cruise. I too was the on cruise to nowhere in 2011 but I thought it was too crowded.

Hi Brenda, I remember you and your husband from the Disney Pixar Cruise. I too was the on cruise to nowhere in 2011 but I thought it was too crowded.

Wasn't that Sail-away party something else?!!! But, other than that, we didn't find it too bad. Can't wait to see what this one is like!

Wasn't that Sail-away party something else?!!! But, other than that, we didn't find it too bad. Can't wait to see what this one is like!

Yes, that was a memorable cruise. My favorite part was the two days in San Francisco and I wish more port visits where like this.

Just booked on this cruise..... Me... DW....

DD 5
DD 8

We live in north San Diego County and will take the train down!

Stateroom # 7534.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter