Truly useless questions that I am curious about.

Fast Pass

DIS Veteran
1. When you enter the ship where do you head to first?

2. Is it quicker to get to the decks using the stairs or the elevator?(Speaking of dining times,disembarkation to the ports).

3. When do you buy your souvies? A lady at DCL mentioned that the best days were the first and second days and after that there won't be anything left.

4.When you go to the buffet line to you go on the right or left?

5.If the boat has to make a change in the course on your last day. In other words,you wouldn't disembark;will you still have access to your luggage? I know that they pick up the luggage at around 11:00pm that last night so if there was say a change in direction at 2 in the a.m.- you basically have nothing but your carry on, right?

Told you the questions were totally useless. Sometimes I just wonder about truly unimportant stuff while waiting in line, while being on hold etc.

Thanks for any response!

Fast Pass said:
I go to Topsiders for lunch then stateroom
Fast Pass said:
2. Is it quicker to get to the decks using the stairs or the elevator?(Speaking of dining times,disembarkation to the ports).
Depends on how many floors, I usually take stairs if its a few flights, or at busy times such as the end of a show.
Fast Pass said:
3. When do you buy your souvies? A lady at DCL mentioned that the best days were the first and second days and after that there won't be anything left.
I have always found something, I usually do it the last sea day, and often they have some kind of sale
Fast Pass said:
Either whichever appears to be less crowded.

Fast Pass said:
5.If the boat has to make a change in the course on your last day. In other words,you wouldn't disembark;will you still have access to your luggage? I know that they pick up the luggage at around 11:00pm that last night so if there was say a change in direction at 2 in the a.m.- you basically have nothing but your carry on, right?
They most likley would know about this in advance and advise you, say go to Port Lauderdale instead, I presume they would get it back if required.
Fast Pass said:
Told you the questions were totally useless. Sometimes I just wonder about truly unimportant stuff while waiting in line, while being on hold etc.

Thanks for any response!
No silly questions here everyone can ask!!!!

We stop by RNBD if we want to make any changes to our Palo resies then straight on to PC for lunch. :)

Midship elevators are generally more busy. We use the stairs unless we have the stroller with us. ALWAYS use the stairs to go from the theater to the club after DSeaU show.

While you wont see empty shelves in the shops, the more popular items could sell out. I usually know what I want & pick it up the first night. There are also one day specials for some items like jewelry.

If we go to the buffet...which ever side is moving quickest. ;) We use to do the lunch buffet but last cruise I stuck with Goofy's Galley panini sandwiches & fruit.

I believe that the captain would know by the night before if they were not going to make it into port and would send out notices advising of any changes.

1) Topsiders for lunch

2) We try to always take the stairs, for exercise, and also they are usually jammers.

3) I buy souvenirs every day.. :rotfl2: Honestly, I look for the racks with sales, as they do often run out. The last day is definitely overcrowded, and only done if missing something.

4) Left on Buffet lines

5) DUNNO??? :confused3 :confused3

There really is nothing useless, You would be amazed at what goes through my little head at times.. :rolleyes1 :rolleyes1 :crazy:

I went straight to Rockin' Bar D since I needed to get a Palo brunch ressie.

2nd-To eat at PC.

3rd-walk around and visit all the "old, familiar places"

4th-to the room

Elevators speed is always a roll of the dice depending on when you are talking about. We try to use the stairs as much as possible, but that gets harder as the week goes by...you know the extra pounds you'll gain.

Souvies-I've never had any experience of them running out. You can not shop when the ship is docked. I go every night after dinner. There is a daily special. I also have had great luck finding bargains.

I got a sweatsuit jacket for $20 (2 years ago and I love it!)
I bought sweatpants for $20 this time, they are normally around $50. I bought the matching jacket that curiously wasn't on clearance for $54. That was late in the cruise and I was under budget.

I also saw some of the nice men's dress shirts for $19, polos for $15.

sometimes they have a clearance rack toward the back of the store-do look for this on the first night. Last time they needed the rack so they put the clearance items in their regular sections.

Inregards to the buffet lines, at Topsiders they usually keep one side open so they will "usher" you to the other door. Once inside-pick the shorter, it never takes very long.

Fast Pass said:
1. When you enter the ship where do you head to first
We stay in the atrium, enjoy the company of other cruisers and the drinks being offered by the cruise staff. We double check with guest services regarding any martini/wine/tequila tasting events, book them. After that, we head to the buffet and enjoy a quick lunch before heading to our stateroom. Our reservations were made online ahead of time, we pick up anything we need at the spa in the mean time.

For us, we usually use the stairs..helps keep the weight off, lol, and is quicker.

Definately good to get souvies early, as sizes in the clothing do run out before end of cruise, as well as other things.

We take a look and see who is making up their mind more quickly, lol.

We would at least have the clothes we laid out for the day, and the pj's from the night before, so we would be set.

Thanks for any response!

Good questions..lol.

musicgirl said:
I went straight to Rockin' Bar D since I needed to get a Palo brunch ressie.

Is this the place to go? This is our first cruise and I was going to head to guest services...

1) Rockin Bar D to make sure our request for being in a particular head server's station has been taken care of or we get it done then. Used to also get Palo ressies, but now have done that on line. This year we have to also hit guest services to make some changes to who is what room.

Then to PC to stuff ourselves on shrimp and the lunch buffet. Then the room to drop off our carry ons.

2) Most often the stairs, less wait and quicker. Espeically after dinner and shows.

3) We've found pleanty of stuff to buy in the shops all week. That's why we take a collapasble suit case with us so we can carry our way too numerous purchases home.

4) Just depends on which looks most congested. Never really wait in much of a line though.

5) Very, very rare, but I'm sure they'd know enough in advance to advise you about what to do with the luggage.

poohluv2u said:
Is this the place to go? This is our first cruise and I was going to head to guest services...

That is generally the place to go on the Magic for Palo & dining info. They will give you a short navigator when you check in with the info for that day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter