Trip #8; But Was It Great? A WDW MAYcation with a side of LegoLand & Celebration, FL!

I'm here!

Sorry your trip wasn't off to the best start. :(

A late flight would definitely put me in a bad mood, add in lack of sleep and not loving your room... I can totally understand where you were coming from.

We ran into those crowds too... luckily they weren't there for our whole trip but the last few days were crazy! I hope the crowds settled down after the weekend for you.

Hi Amy! :goodvibes

Nope, we definitely weren't off to a great start. But now I know what NOT to do in the future! :laughing:

We weekend crowds were crazy this trip. I know the weekends are generally more crowded, but this was excessive. :scared1:

The sub job is going well, thanks for asking. It's a nice 1st grade class. I was lucky!!!

That's great. :) It always makes going to work a lot easier when it's a nice class!! ::yes::

Subbing in! :yay:

Welcome! :goodvibes

Hello everybody! :wave: I hope everyone is having an awesome weekend. :goodvibes It has been warm & sunny here all weekend!! We're just killing time right now between Church and soccer. It's gonna be a hot one at the soccer fields today! :faint:

Day 2: Sunday April 29

After a long sleepless night we got up around 7:45am. We had breakfast ADR's at Kona Cafe at the Poly at 10:00am. The plan was to take the monorail to Epcot from there.

When we started getting ready I asked DH if he would rather: Take the bus to MK and then monorail to the Poly OR walk through Epcot and take the monorail to the TTC & then to the Poly. He said he'd rather walk through Epcot and take the monorail. So as I was getting ready and it was nearing 9:00 & we were going to walk through Epcot anyway, I had the bright idea that we should swing by Soarin and get some fastpasses for after breakfast. So we picked up the pace on getting ready and were walking in the back entrance of Epcot about 9:05 or so.

11da76f6.jpg

9dc64173.jpg

b208bdd4.jpg

d4fac3ab.jpg

d0597acd.jpg

12a9b722.jpg

bacbf6b2.jpg

It was a much more pleasant walk to Soarin this time without all those people! And we started to notice a lot of beautiful topiaries from the Flower & Garden Festival. :flower1:

8ef516da.jpg

76b3356b.jpg

aea1726d.jpg

8d53543c.jpg

This is the building where all the people were pouring out of the night before...

e8a8f2ff.jpg

17d1f55d.jpg

00bc0ec8.jpg

1924d9a1.jpg

d2459e86.jpg

c08ed2a2.jpg

458a41cd.jpg

194254ac.jpg

Continued in next post......

Continued.....

When we got to Soarin around 9:15 and I saw the return time I soon remembered that they were enforcing the FP return times and that we would not be back from breakfast by the time they were due. The stand-by wait time said 20 minutes so we just went for it!! We probably only waited about 10-15 minutes.

dde4ec4a.jpg

73bfd67b.jpg

1eebef4d.jpg

0a924356.jpg

2384f66f.jpg

b3944dce.jpg

f851ca26.jpg

After a wonderful flight on Soarin we grabbed some FP's and they would now be due between 11:35 and 12:35, should work out perfectly! Then we high-tailed it out of Epcot because it was now 9:40 and we thought we were never going to make it to Kona by 10am!!:scared1:

Took a few pics on the way out though of course!

d844be53.jpg

f8cdea80.jpg

Up Next: Kona Cafe Breakfast

:woohoo: for a an bonus ride on Soarin'! Love that! I would've done the same thing. I love that ride!!! I used to be really uptight about making it to ADRs perfectly on time, but we ended up being late several times on our last trip and I realized that most places will still take you without any issues. So from now on, I'm going to try to get there on time, but if we don't, I'm not going to stress about it. Worst case scenario, they'll tell us we can't eat there and we'll go get some CS food somewhere. I'm done running to ADRs though! ;) I think you made the right choice going for the Soarin' ride! I really wish you didn't even need ADRs at Disney. It's nice not to have to wait forever for a table (or not get one at all), but it would be great to just stop and eat when and where you want on the fly too.

That lovely walk from the BC into Epcot through the IG looks so much more peaceful than it did the night before!

We saw all the kids at that building on the 27th (our last Epcot day). They were overflowing all around the UK - big groups standing around stretching & practicing their routines. Yuck!

I'm glad you got to ride Soarin' - hope you made it to Kona on time!

It looks like a nice start to your morning!:thumbsup2 I love walking through International Gateway in the morning- it's a relaxing walk! Can't wait to hear about Kona!

I'm joining in on the fun! I've read a few of your other trip reports and have always enjoyed them. :thumbsup2

We are headed down to the World in a few weeks and are staying at the Beach Club but in a villa. I'm a little nervous now about staying there after reading about some of the issues you encountered.

BTW, we are from PA too, but we live on the other side of the state in Hershey.

LOVE the pictures of Epcot in the morning! :cloud9: Thanks for posting!

Hooray for an unplanned trip on Soarin!

:woohoo: for a an bonus ride on Soarin'! Love that! I would've done the same thing. I love that ride!!! I used to be really uptight about making it to ADRs perfectly on time, but we ended up being late several times on our last trip and I realized that most places will still take you without any issues. So from now on, I'm going to try to get there on time, but if we don't, I'm not going to stress about it. Worst case scenario, they'll tell us we can't eat there and we'll go get some CS food somewhere. I'm done running to ADRs though! ;) I think you made the right choice going for the Soarin' ride! I really wish you didn't even need ADRs at Disney. It's nice not to have to wait forever for a table (or not get one at all), but it would be great to just stop and eat when and where you want on the fly too.

I knew it was going to be pushing us to get to Kona on time, which was not great since I was going on very little sleep. :scared1: But I was afraid after seeing the crowds the night before that we would never be able to ride Soarin without waiting 60-90 minutes. So we went for it! It was well worth it!! :cool1:

I hate rushing around to ADR's too. I usually try not to make too many of them for that reason.

That lovely walk from the BC into Epcot through the IG looks so much more peaceful than it did the night before!

We saw all the kids at that building on the 27th (our last Epcot day). They were overflowing all around the UK - big groups standing around stretching & practicing their routines. Yuck!

I'm glad you got to ride Soarin' - hope you made it to Kona on time!

It was a much nicer walk! :goodvibes The night before was just how you described. :scared: Unpleasant!

It looks like a nice start to your morning!:thumbsup2 I love walking through International Gateway in the morning- it's a relaxing walk! Can't wait to hear about Kona!

It was a nice morning! :) I'm glad we ended up doing it that way.

Kona is coming up soon!

I'm joining in on the fun! I've read a few of your other trip reports and have always enjoyed them. :thumbsup2

We are headed down to the World in a few weeks and are staying at the Beach Club but in a villa. I'm a little nervous now about staying there after reading about some of the issues you encountered.

BTW, we are from PA too, but we live on the other side of the state in Hershey.

Welcome! :cool1: Glad you've enjoyed my previous TR's! Hope you will enjoy this one too. Feel free to post anytime!

I hope you have better luck with your BCV room than we did with our BC room. :wizard: You don't generally hear too many bad reports on either, so I'm thinking we were just unlucky.

We've been out to Hershey many many times!! :goodvibes

Subbing so I can come back and read it when I have more time. :)

Welcome Mel! :wave2:

LOVE the pictures of Epcot in the morning! :cloud9: Thanks for posting!

Hooray for an unplanned trip on Soarin!

Glad you are enjoying the Epcot pics!

Yes, any trip on Soarin is awesome and an unplanned one is even better!! :thumbsup2:cool1:

Holy Toledo!! :)

So when you texted me bright and early that morning saying you were in line for Soarin and I hadn't made it out of my Pjs yet- I had two very strong emotions-- one was worry that you'd never make your Kona ADR and we both know how important that place is and with good reason :). The second emotion I had was pure jealously--- you were having fun without me!!!!!

And after seeing those pics of World Showcase looking so beautiful , its no wonder. I love going into WS in the early morning on that side. I know they don't want you to but I always head over there into the UK part and walk around a bit. It's one of my favorite things to do while everyone is running for the rides. It's just so peaceful and calm... Serene before the masses hit it.
Your pictures caught the element if it perfectly. :love:

It looks like this day was already shaping up to a great start--- brilliant idea going to Epcot!!!

Can't wait for Kona.... :(. Sniff sniff

;)

I've never been to Epcot during morning EMH, but your pictures make me think maybe it would be worth getting out of bed that early. Also made me realize I miss Soaring. I haven't been on in a while since I always go to Disney with my sister and her baby's too young, and we haven't wanted to baby swap to ride alone, OR when we have gone with other friends, the waits were outrageous. Maybe I wouldn't mind riding alone though.

Holy Toledo!! :)

So when you texted me bright and early that morning saying you were in line for Soarin and I hadn't made it out of my Pjs yet- I had two very strong emotions-- one was worry that you'd never make your Kona ADR and we both know how important that place is and with good reason :). The second emotion I had was pure jealously--- you were having fun without me!!!!!

And after seeing those pics of World Showcase looking so beautiful , its no wonder. I love going into WS in the early morning on that side. I know they don't want you to but I always head over there into the UK part and walk around a bit. It's one of my favorite things to do while everyone is running for the rides. It's just so peaceful and calm... Serene before the masses hit it.
Your pictures caught the element if it perfectly. :love:

It looks like this day was already shaping up to a great start--- brilliant idea going to Epcot!!!

Can't wait for Kona.... :(. Sniff sniff

;)

Funny I was texting you when we were in line for Soarin but the text wouldn't go through. Didn't have any bars in there I guess. :confused3 So anyway - it went through after we came out of the ride and that was at 9:40 and I remember thinking that you probably thought we were still in line at 9:40. :faint: :rotfl:

Epcot was very nice and quiet that morning. You would have loved it! It was a nice way to start the morning. Plus we had Kona to look forward to. :lovestruc

I've never been to Epcot during morning EMH, but your pictures make me think maybe it would be worth getting out of bed that early. Also made me realize I miss Soaring. I haven't been on in a while since I always go to Disney with my sister and her baby's too young, and we haven't wanted to baby swap to ride alone, OR when we have gone with other friends, the waits were outrageous. Maybe I wouldn't mind riding alone though.

That actually wasn't EMH. It was just shortly after 9am! That's the best way to hit Epcot, before all the masses get out of bed!!

I would totally ride Soarin alone if I had to. Best ride ever! :cloud9:

We absolutely love entering Epcot through the I'tnl Gateway in the early morning :goodvibes We do not do am EMH but I am considering doing the pm EMH at Epcot our next trip since we can walk back and not have to deal with the bus crowds.

Your pics are lovely and making me long to return :lovestruc

We love walking through IG early in the morning- it's so peaceful.
Good call getting a Soarin ride in. Even if you're a little late for your ADR no biggie. We've been late lots of times.

Wouldn't you know that I'd get all caught up and then we're leaving for our trip. Oh well, I'll just have to get caught back up again when we get back. I believe the pavilion that those crowds were coming from is the same pavilion that held Millennium Village back in 2000. If I remembering correctly, it's pretty large so I can just imagine how many folks ya'll encountered. :crowded:

Yay for finally getting to ride Soarin' and for getting Fastpasses to boot. :thumbsup2

We absolutely love entering Epcot through the I'tnl Gateway in the early morning :goodvibes We do not do am EMH but I am considering doing the pm EMH at Epcot our next trip since we can walk back and not have to deal with the bus crowds.

Your pics are lovely and making me long to return :lovestruc

Isn't it wonderful? :cloud9: We loved it at night too, no mad dash to the buses or monorail after IllumiNations. Just a leisurely stroll back to the room. :)

Glad you are enjoying the pics. :goodvibes

We love walking through IG early in the morning- it's so peaceful.
Good call getting a Soarin ride in. Even if you're a little late for your ADR no biggie. We've been late lots of times.

It was great, and we weren't even that late for our ADR!

Wouldn't you know that I'd get all caught up and then we're leaving for our trip. Oh well, I'll just have to get caught back up again when we get back. I believe the pavilion that those crowds were coming from is the same pavilion that held Millennium Village back in 2000. If I remembering correctly, it's pretty large so I can just imagine how many folks ya'll encountered. :crowded:

Yay for finally getting to ride Soarin' and for getting Fastpasses to boot. :thumbsup2

You know I have never noticed that building before in all my trips. :confused3 Wish I hadn't seen it or all the people coming out of it this time!! :laughing:

Have a safe and wonderful trip! :wizard:

After our quick morning flight on Soarin we went out the front entrance/exit of Epcot and to the monorail. We walked up that long ramp and waited only a few minutes for a monorail to come. Then we were off to the TTC! When we got off the monorail at the TTC it was 10:00. We could see the resort monorail had just pulled in so we ran over and switched to that monorail instead of walking to the Poly and we ended up checking in at Kona right at 10:05! Not bad!

e0379836.jpg

d509704c.jpg

d34d506a.jpg

a2c6821c.jpg

We were given a beeper and waited about 5 minutes or so before it went off and we were seated.

Sorry, I tried to rotate this pic but it just wasn't happening on photobucket...:confused3
e89467fc.jpg

27fcea30.jpg

d25fac53.jpg

See the partition behind me in the above pic? Yeah, some kid beat on that for about 5-10 minutes straight before a CM at the podium finally said something to him. :faint: Not sure where his parents were, but obviously they weren't watching him or didn't give a crap! After pretty much 2 days of no sleep it was very irritating!! :furious:

Anyway, we all ordered. The usual! This was probably the 4th time we have been to Kona for breakfast, so we all knew just what we wanted. The Big Kahuna for DH. Tonga Toast for me. :love: Pancakes & scrambled eggs for DS13. Although he did change it up a bit. Our server offered him blueberries or chocolate chips on his pancakes and he took her up on the chocolate chips!! He did look over at me and asked if it was okay. Sure why not, we are on vacation!!! And DS10 got French Toast.

2acfdf61.jpg

4310a878.jpg

bf70b3a7.jpg

2aec207c.jpg

d007f1d4.jpg

We were all very happy with our meals as always! Although DH thinks his pancakes shrunk. I had to agree with him after he mentioned it. They used to be full size and come on a seperate plate from the rest of his breakfast, now they are tiny and are on the same plate. DS10 had about a third of my Tonga Toast. He takes a little more each time. I think next time he just might be ordering his own! He also had some of DS13's choc chip pancakes and he gave DS13 some of his french toast. We all left there very full!

Rating: 10 out of 10
Total Bill: $45.42

After breakfast we headed out back of the Poly to make our way to the TTC. I had just taken about 500 pictures of the Poly on our August trip, so I tried to only take a few here!

046a68b1.jpg

4bacd5c2.jpg

c2884f32.jpg

ce4c55d1.jpg

6876550b.jpg

969dcef9.jpg

9d20fd41.jpg

And pretty soon we had made our way to the TTC. It was HOT out. Must have been over 90 already and it wasn't even noon. We were expecting it to be warm but not that warm. Holy cow it felt way hotter than August did already. :scared1:

9409421f.jpg

Up Next: Back to Epcot

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter