Trip #8; But Was It Great? A WDW MAYcation with a side of LegoLand & Celebration, FL!

Your breakfast looks so good! I am so glad you talked me into booking that for this October!

I cracked up over your comment about the kid beating the partition. :lmao: That is soooooo something that would happen to me! I always end up having run ins with those sorts of annoying people, and especially kids without parental supervision! Never fails! I'm glad the CM spoke up so you didn't have to. I'm sure it was extra annoying considering the circumstances.

I love that view of the castle from the Poly pool! I've got to stay there... and soon!

I really hate it was so hot during your trip. I don't know about you, but the heat just sucks the life out of me and zaps all my energy. I can go and go and go if the weather is nice, but when the heat rolls in, I'm done! I think it was really hot here in NC too that week you were gone so maybe it was just a freak thing. We've have really nice temps all spring except for that one week. It's crazy to think it was hotter in early May than August though! :sad2:

Looks like a yummy breakfast!:thumbsup2 We have an ADR there for breakfast in August...I'm hoping we finally make it there!
I agree with Rinky...the view from the Poly pool of the castle is amazing. I was going to switch to the Poly for our August stay, but the discount we have now for the BWI is 30%, where the Poly was only 20%. BWI was the better deal this time, but I will get to the Poly eventually!:thumbsup2

Your breakfast looks so good! I am so glad you talked me into booking that for this October!

I cracked up over your comment about the kid beating the partition. :lmao: That is soooooo something that would happen to me! I always end up having run ins with those sorts of annoying people, and especially kids without parental supervision! Never fails! I'm glad the CM spoke up so you didn't have to. I'm sure it was extra annoying considering the circumstances.

I love that view of the castle from the Poly pool! I've got to stay there... and soon!

I really hate it was so hot during your trip. I don't know about you, but the heat just sucks the life out of me and zaps all my energy. I can go and go and go if the weather is nice, but when the heat rolls in, I'm done! I think it was really hot here in NC too that week you were gone so maybe it was just a freak thing. We've have really nice temps all spring except for that one week. It's crazy to think it was hotter in early May than August though! :sad2:

I hope you guys enjoy Kona as much as we do!! :goodvibes

I know, seriously. :scared1: Why in the world do people let their kids do such annoying things in public??? I'm not saying my kids wouldn't have done the same thing at that age (the kid was probably about 4), but they would have only done it once and they would have gotten chewed out, and not by a CM! :rotfl:

The Poly pool is wonderful. The view, the relaxing atmosphere, all of it. :love: Yes, you've got to stay there someday. ::yes::

Well lucky us that we got a freak hot spell when we were on vacation! :sad2: Good grief was it hot. :faint: And we weren't expecting it at all.

Looks like a yummy breakfast!:thumbsup2 We have an ADR there for breakfast in August...I'm hoping we finally make it there!
I agree with Rinky...the view from the Poly pool of the castle is amazing. I was going to switch to the Poly for our August stay, but the discount we have now for the BWI is 30%, where the Poly was only 20%. BWI was the better deal this time, but I will get to the Poly eventually!:thumbsup2

You better not skip your Kona ADR!!! You have to give it a try. It's so good, and this is from a person who doesn't even normally eat or like breakfast! :upsidedow

That's the trouble with the Poly, it's never better than 20% off anymore. And that's just not enough. :sad2: It's okay though, I know how much you love the BWI! :cloud9:

Great update, Shelly! :thumbsup2

You know, of all the overpriced food (how much for that Coke? :eek:) etc. at Disney, that Kona menu looks very reasonable! Especially the Big Kahuna - that's a lot of food for $12. Everything you had looks really delicious. I just recently became a big fan of fresh pineapple. Normally, I would have just considered the pineapple wedge a decoration and shoved it to the side. :laughing: But now I luuuvvv me some fresh pineapple. I even Youtubed how to cut a fresh one up, so now I'm an expert on it. :laughing: Those chocolate chip pancakes look so yummy too. My only problem would be eating a big breakfast and then going out in the heat and trekking all over the parks.

About the noisy kid/space cadet parents.....I saw a thread the other day on the Community Board where someone was eating at a restaurant and a toddler was playing a harmonica at the next table. Apparently the Dad (only adult at the table) was clueless to the fact that it was very disturbing to everyone seated around them. But in that case, the manager was no help at all. When the people complained to him, he just asked them if they would rather the child was screaming. Thank goodness the Kona employee asked the little drummer boy to knock it off! I swear, I think some people erase the word "no" from their vocabulary the minute they step off the plane at Disney. :sad2: You know how you said, "Sure why not, we are on vacation!" about the chocolate chips? We are the same way about letting the kids do/have things on vacation that we might not at home. But some people just close their eyes and shut down all discipline when they're on vacation, no matter how it affects others.

I bet it was kind of hard walking around the Poly after breakfast, considering how much you loved it and how rough your start at the BC was. :sad1: And considering how hot it was, I bet you wanted to just park yourself at the pool and stay there for the day!

Just caught up on everything! Sorry you didn't like the BC. It's still on my list of places I want to stay though. :goodvibes I just want to be able to walk to Epcot! I'm staying at BWI in August for 2 nights, and I'm so excited! :cloud9:

We had an ADR for Kona on our June 2009 trip, but we switched it to Chef Mickey's about 5 days before we left! I am dying to eat there for the Tonga Toast. Looks so yummy!

Great update, Shelly! :thumbsup2

You know, of all the overpriced food (how much for that Coke? :eek:) etc. at Disney, that Kona menu looks very reasonable! Especially the Big Kahuna - that's a lot of food for $12. Everything you had looks really delicious. I just recently became a big fan of fresh pineapple. Normally, I would have just considered the pineapple wedge a decoration and shoved it to the side. :laughing: But now I luuuvvv me some fresh pineapple. I even Youtubed how to cut a fresh one up, so now I'm an expert on it. :laughing: Those chocolate chip pancakes look so yummy too. My only problem would be eating a big breakfast and then going out in the heat and trekking all over the parks.

About the noisy kid/space cadet parents.....I saw a thread the other day on the Community Board where someone was eating at a restaurant and a toddler was playing a harmonica at the next table. Apparently the Dad (only adult at the table) was clueless to the fact that it was very disturbing to everyone seated around them. But in that case, the manager was no help at all. When the people complained to him, he just asked them if they would rather the child was screaming. Thank goodness the Kona employee asked the little drummer boy to knock it off! I swear, I think some people erase the word "no" from their vocabulary the minute they step off the plane at Disney. :sad2: You know how you said, "Sure why not, we are on vacation!" about the chocolate chips? We are the same way about letting the kids do/have things on vacation that we might not at home. But some people just close their eyes and shut down all discipline when they're on vacation, no matter how it affects others.

I bet it was kind of hard walking around the Poly after breakfast, considering how much you loved it and how rough your start at the BC was. :sad1: And considering how hot it was, I bet you wanted to just park yourself at the pool and stay there for the day!

Yeah, Kona is probably our cheapest TS meal every trip! :goodvibes Not too badly priced, for WDW!

I love fresh pineapple too! I always eat that little wedge that comes with my tonga toast. :love:

Eating at Kona and then going to the parks in the heat has never really bothered us. I know what you mean though, some meals & the heat just don't mix well for us. :sick:

A harmonica in the restaurant??? :faint: Now I've heard it all! :rotfl: That reminds me of the young couple and their 2 little kids that came in about half way through our meal and were seated right behind DH. They were really struggling. The little girl was whiny (probably 3ish) and the little boy (maybe 14-15 months) was not having any part of it. The waitress brought him milk like they had ordered and he kept pushing the cup away hard and it kept tipping and spilling. Then they put the milk in his sippy. He didn't want that either. He kept throwing that thing and it would hit the table or the floor hard and milk would squirt out the end of it. I was worried it was going to hit DH in the back or at the very least that milk was going to be splattered up his back. :scared1: But I guess that's more of a case of - parents expecting too much out of a young child. I would never had taken my kids to WDW at that age. Maybe DS10, but not DS13. He just wouldn't have been able to handle the heat, the pace, the restaurants, all of it. And that was obviously this little boy. I felt bad for the parents, they were very frustrated and seemed to be at the end of their rope barely hanging on. The mom even looked like she was going to cry.

Wow that got long!! :rotfl: Anyway - yes it seems that a lot of parents just can't say no or correct their kids at WDW. :sad2: But then come to think of it, I see a lot of that everywhere. :eek:

It was kind of hard being a the Poly. As soon as we got there I was thinking -- I just know I am not going to like the BC near as much as I like the Poly. Little did I know, I was about to like it a whole lot less as the week went on.

Just caught up on everything! Sorry you didn't like the BC. It's still on my list of places I want to stay though. :goodvibes I just want to be able to walk to Epcot! I'm staying at BWI in August for 2 nights, and I'm so excited! :cloud9:

We had an ADR for Kona on our June 2009 trip, but we switched it to Chef Mickey's about 5 days before we left! I am dying to eat there for the Tonga Toast. Looks so yummy!

Hey Meghan! :goodvibes I can't wait to see what you think of the BWI. I hope you love it! :wizard:

We like Chef Mickey's for breakfast too, but honestly Kona is much better. And a third of the price for us! :yay: But no characters, which is really what you are paying for at Chef Mickey's. I just read on your PTR about Cole's first character meal being at Cape May!! Hope he loves it!

:love:

Well just b/c it was the Poly I turned on the Polynesian Resort music and read your update.

Yes I am a nerd-- shhhhh, don't tell anyone.:rotfl2:

Well did you step off the monorail and breathe in that Poly smell and feel like you were back "home"?:cloud9: I know it was probably really tough to leave once breakfast was over.

Breakfast looked so so sooooo good! ANd your DH is absolutely right=== the macadamia nut pancakes have indeed shrunk!!! (Side note to Teri------ if you love pineapple you have to try these!!!!) AS you know they are my fave and they look so small on the Big Kahuna Plate! Ain't nothing Big or Kahuna-y about them 'cakes! :confused:

Now as far as the drum major you encountered.... people are idiotic. I have no clue why it is that some parents think that as long as their kid isn't screaming at octaves high enough to shatter eardrums, that no matter what they do, it's somehow ok.

I am super surprised that you didn't lose it, being as tired as you were. You just must be better GCF than me cause you know if it had been me it would not have been a pleasant dining experience for the kids family.:laughing:

Great update!!!:yay:

:love:

Well just b/c it was the Poly I turned on the Polynesian Resort music and read your update.

Yes I am a nerd-- shhhhh, don't tell anyone.:rotfl2:

Well did you step off the monorail and breathe in that Poly smell and feel like you were back "home"?:cloud9: I know it was probably really tough to leave once breakfast was over.

Breakfast looked so so sooooo good! ANd your DH is absolutely right=== the macadamia nut pancakes have indeed shrunk!!! (Side note to Teri------ if you love pineapple you have to try these!!!!) AS you know they are my fave and they look so small on the Big Kahuna Plate! Ain't nothing Big or Kahuna-y about them 'cakes! :confused:

Now as far as the drum major you encountered.... people are idiotic. I have no clue why it is that some parents think that as long as their kid isn't screaming at octaves high enough to shatter eardrums, that no matter what they do, it's somehow ok.

I am super surprised that you didn't lose it, being as tired as you were. You just must be better GCF than me cause you know if it had been me it would not have been a pleasant dining experience for the kids family.:laughing:

Great update!!!:yay:

Okay, I wont tell anyone what a nerd you are!! :lmao: It will be our little secret. :ssst: :rotfl:

It did feel like I was back home. Like I never left. :love:

So it wasn't our imagination - the Big Kahuna should now be called the um what - Medium Kahuna??? :laughing: Good grief.

I'm surprised I didn't lose it on that kid too after the lack of sleep and grumpiness I was already encountering on this trip. I think that's why I didn't, I remember thinking maybe it's just me and I'm extremely irritable. But looking back, no it wasn't me - that would have been annoying any day! :faint:

Your report has convinced me to make an ADR for Kona Cafe for breakfast. I think we will try it on our first full day of vacation. We had planned to hit Epcot at RD for the big rides .. then do our grocery shopping afterwards. I'm thinking a break for "brunch" at Kona sounds perfect. I made an ADR for 10:45 ... think that is an accurate time to allow us to hit the big things at Epcot .. then monorail over to Poly for breakfast?

I'm thinking the must hits at Epcot that morning will be Soarin, Mission Space and Spaceship Earth ...

Lol at "Medium Kahuna"! Those pancakes were definitely bigger before!

Kona breakfast is awesome, we tried it in November and can't wait to go again this year.

Great update Shelly :goodvibes

Your report has convinced me to make an ADR for Kona Cafe for breakfast. I think we will try it on our first full day of vacation. We had planned to hit Epcot at RD for the big rides .. then do our grocery shopping afterwards. I'm thinking a break for "brunch" at Kona sounds perfect. I made an ADR for 10:45 ... think that is an accurate time to allow us to hit the big things at Epcot .. then monorail over to Poly for breakfast?

I'm thinking the must hits at Epcot that morning will be Soarin, Mission Space and Spaceship Earth ...

I'm glad you are going to try Kona! :goodvibes Yep, I think as long as you get to Epcot at rope drop, go straight to Soarin, then Mission Space, and Spaceship Earth you will have plenty of time. :)

Lol at "Medium Kahuna"! Those pancakes were definitely bigger before!

Kona breakfast is awesome, we tried it in November and can't wait to go again this year.

Great update Shelly :goodvibes

I know, DH's pancakes were smaller than DS13's kids meal pancakes!! :upsidedow What is up with that???

Oh well, it sure won't stop us from going back to Kona on every trip! :rotfl:

Glad you enjoyed the update. :goodvibes

Kona looks really yummy! Those pancakes were huge. I can't believe we've never eaten there. And it may be a while before I get back :sad1:

I'm applying for a couple of positions this week- send me some pixie dust, ok? I really need it or I won't be seeing Disney for a very long time!!

I can't wait to hear about the Celebration meal. Our friends said that restaurant was great!!

Your breakfast at Kona's looked yummy as usual, it is on my list of possibles for our Christmas trip. I am thinking of maybe doing a breakfast ADR at one of the monorail resorts and then touring all the rest to see the Decorations

Thank you for mentioning the price for your Kona breakfast! We have an ADR there for October and I'm thrilled to know it's reasonably priced! We're not doing DDP this time and expect to pay with our Disney Visa rewards and/or gift cards.

The food looks so good! Is the Tonga Toast really sweet? I think I'd like it, but it's between that and the macadamia pancakes (or whatever it's called).

I have very little tolerance for kids being rude and disruptive. It's the parents. I'm only so patient and then I'm speaking up. I suppose the "safer" thing is to ask a CM to deal with it. I'm glad someone there was on top of it before long.

I sure do love some Kona Cafe! Your food all looks yummy! I hope the rest of this day went much smoother than your previous night!

Kona looks really yummy! Those pancakes were huge. I can't believe we've never eaten there. And it may be a while before I get back :sad1:

I'm applying for a couple of positions this week- send me some pixie dust, ok? I really need it or I won't be seeing Disney for a very long time!!

I can't wait to hear about the Celebration meal. Our friends said that restaurant was great!!

Kona is very yummy! ::yes:: You need to give it a try!

Good luck with the jobs! pixiedust: I hope something works out!!

Your breakfast at Kona's looked yummy as usual, it is on my list of possibles for our Christmas trip. I am thinking of maybe doing a breakfast ADR at one of the monorail resorts and then touring all the rest to see the Decorations

That is a good idea to have breakfast at a monorail resort and then tour them all. The GF is particularly beautiful at Christmas. :santa: What are your trip dates?

Thank you for mentioning the price for your Kona breakfast! We have an ADR there for October and I'm thrilled to know it's reasonably priced! We're not doing DDP this time and expect to pay with our Disney Visa rewards and/or gift cards.

The food looks so good! Is the Tonga Toast really sweet? I think I'd like it, but it's between that and the macadamia pancakes (or whatever it's called).

I have very little tolerance for kids being rude and disruptive. It's the parents. I'm only so patient and then I'm speaking up. I suppose the "safer" thing is to ask a CM to deal with it. I'm glad someone there was on top of it before long.

Kona is one of best deals at WDW!! ::yes:: They must have raised the price a bit recently because last year out bill was $40, this year it was $45 and we ordered the same exact food! Still not bad though.

I don't think the Tonga Toast is too sweet. But I'm sure some people might. I think it's just right!

I was so glad the CM said something to that kid. I'm not even sure what she said, but it worked!!

I sure do love some Kona Cafe! Your food all looks yummy! I hope the rest of this day went much smoother than your previous night!

Kona is awesome!:thumbsup2 Thankfully the day went pretty smoothly.

The view from that Poly pool is just breathtaking! Lying by the pool and seeing the castle in the background, ahhh...
I wish my kids liked breakfast foods so that we could eat a yummy breakfast like that. My youngest won't even eat scrambled eggs. :confused3 Drives me crazy sometimes.

The view from that Poly pool is just breathtaking! Lying by the pool and seeing the castle in the background, ahhh...
I wish my kids liked breakfast foods so that we could eat a yummy breakfast like that. My youngest won't even eat scrambled eggs. :confused3 Drives me crazy sometimes.

It is so awesome being at the Poly pool! :cloud9: Can't wait to stay there again someday!!

DS13 actually prefers breakfast foods. He loves pancakes, eggs and french toast. DS10 on the other hand will not touch eggs and the only breakfast food he likes (besides cereal) is french toast. And tonga toast of course! :goodvibes

We are going Nov 28 thru Dec 3. The only thing that will not be up I think is the Big Tree in MK.

I am very excited to see CP, Osborne Lights and MVMCP. :santa:

LOVING the TR so far. I love how i feel like i'm right there with you guys..... :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter