Travel Insurance for DVC Points?

fknaut

Mouseketeer
How do we get a quote on travel insurance when they are quoting based on cost per person for cruise and we paid with points. What is the $$ per point ratio to use to get a quote?

Originally posted by fknaut
How do we get a quote on travel insurance when they are quoting based on cost per person for cruise and we paid with points. What is the $$ per point ratio to use to get a quote?

If memory serves me right, I believe it is $5.00 per point.

I bought travel insurance last month for our February cruise that we booked with DVC points. I had to call DVC directly to buy the insurance which is issued through TravelGuard. Verandah Man is correct that the cost is $5 per point. I also added travel insurance for our airline tickets. It wasn't very expensive to buy the insurance and gave me peace of mind! The phone number for DVC Insurance is (866) 690-6858. You must buy the insurance more than 60 days before you sail.

bassoongirl

Just to clarify--the coverage of the travel insurance is $5 per point for the cruise part of the trip itself, not the cost of the coverage (perhaps this was obvious). Travel Guard is a reputable firm and offers other coverages besides the points coverage for very competitive rates. We ended up buying directly through Travel Guard for our cash cruise upcoming in September.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter