Top of the world lounge at bay lake tower

I hope that it will be open to DVC members regardless of where they’re staying. We stay off site about half the time we visit Orlando, and it would be nice to visit TOTWL when we do.

That would be a big change since you always had to be staying on site. I can’t see that.

That would be a big change since you always had to be staying on site. I can’t see that.
It would be, but if they thought it would increase non-fireworks related business they might do it. It was a relatively big change when they decided you didn’t have to be staying at BLT but could be staying elsewhere onsite. I can hope!

Why on earth would they exclude resale from going on top of the roof. There isn't much to offer other than a great view of fireworks at night and a lounge area. I have never been there when it is has been crowded. I can see not letting owners from other resorts but, not all BLT guests.

They need every dollar they can get. They can't change the amount of direct or resale. By eliminating some of their guests they are eliminating dollars as the only thing to create revenue is to sell alcohol and food while you are there.

By excluding resale owners, you limit profitability. Disney isn't just interested in letting direct owners have access. Not every person staying at the Tower is even going to use the lounge.

If anything they might only allow direct guests for viewing the fireworks but, honestly that is going to make a lot of resale owners bitter. I mean all the money we have spent buying interest and its only allure is proximity to Magic Kingdom and the TOWL.

Why on earth would they exclude resale from going on top of the roof. There isn't much to offer other than a great view of fireworks at night and a lounge area. I have never been there when it is has been crowded. I can see not letting owners from other resorts but, not all BLT guests.

They need every dollar they can get. They can't change the amount of direct or resale. By eliminating some of their guests they are eliminating dollars as the only thing to create revenue is to sell alcohol and food while you are there.

By excluding resale owners, you limit profitability. Disney isn't just interested in letting direct owners have access. Not every person staying at the Tower is even going to use the lounge.

If anything they might only allow direct guests for viewing the fireworks but, honestly that is going to make a lot of resale owners bitter. I mean all the money we have spent buying interest and its only allure is proximity to Magic Kingdom and the TOWL.
For the very reason that it bothers you. Disney want to discourage resale and this is for them a very low cost way to do it.
As someone who has bought direct I approve.
The concept of having a private area for members to relax, have some snack and a beer hasn’t worked out, either at BLT or VGC. Probably why is hasn’t been included in other newer resorts.
Longer term I expect TOWL to be available only for private events.

Is there something in the documents preventing it from just being another bar open to anyone??
Outer Rim, Tambu Lounge, Geyser Point, and so forth..??

I am resale only so even though we are staying at BLT in a few months we couldn’t check it out. I just find it annoying. We had really considered BLT as our home resort and it would really irk me if it was and I could never go.

I get Disney dislikes resale and wants to push direct. But as someone was is saving to hopefully purchase 300 points direct at the Poly tower this just makes me think, eh, maybe not. Between this and no pre-adding genie plus I dont even want to deal with Disney sometimes. They are making everything so complicated and separate. Is someone really picking direct because of the lounge?

Just add a charge or figure a way to take my money. Because I just want to give you my money, Disney. Stop making it so difficult.

I am resale only so even though we are staying at BLT in a few months we couldn’t check it out. I just find it annoying. We had really considered BLT as our home resort and it would really irk me if it was and I could never go.

I get Disney dislikes resale and wants to push direct. But as someone was is saving to hopefully purchase 300 points direct at the Poly tower this just makes me think, eh, maybe not. Between this and no pre-adding genie plus I dont even want to deal with Disney sometimes. They are making everything so complicated and separate. Is someone really picking direct because of the lounge?

Just add a charge or figure a way to take my money. Because I just want to give you my money, Disney. Stop making it so difficult.

They have not officially announced who will be eligible. But some of us are speculating based on the way the announcement reads and includes the language of perks.

But, it also appears on pool hopping which was eligible to all so one never knows,

It very well could become a place that requires you to make reservations and pay a cover charge, but is waived for those who are eligible for perks…meaning DVD uses their own marketing money to cover that charge for owners.

It could be something like the Epcot lounge that is for those eligible for perks,

But, it certainly sounds that whatever happens, it is not coming back the same way it was before hand.

Of course, no one chooses direct solely for the perks…well they shouldn’t...but knowing there are extras can make someone deciding make a different choice. And if this becomes part of membership extras it’s just one more exclusive thing they can promote.

Who knows what they'll do? They might allow anyone staying at BLT + blue card members staying at other resorts. Or, as has been mentioned, it could be free for blue card members and a fee for others. They do seem to be implying that it is going to be restricted in some way.

What is happening with the lounge these days? TIA!
It's been the same pretty much since reopened. There are paid events every night. Getting a reservation for that is the only way to guarantee a table indoors. If don't want to pay, can stop at the podium to see if they're allowing walk-ups. It's first-come, first-served and depends on the number of paid reservations for the night.

If you just want to watch fireworks outdoors, come to the podium about 30 minutes before the scheduled start and they'll let you up to use the outdoor viewing deck.

We were there last October and checked in waited about 10 minutes and then was let upstairs. There did not appear to be an event going on. Just remember. it's now only open to members who are eligible for member perks.

We were there on 4/29. When we arrived at the podium around 7:00, we were told the lounge was at capacity, the CM did not indicate we could come back 30 minutes prior to fireworks - but we would not have done so.

I expressed my disappointment about this with Member Services. I feel this is yet another great perk that has been taken away from us in an attempt to make more money. Why must there always be a paid event? I suppose as long as people continue to pay they will not stop. It’s a shame, this was one of our favorite places to visit, enjoy a cocktail and an app and watch fireworks away from the crowds. :sad2:

We were there on 4/29. When we arrived at the podium around 7:00, we were told the lounge was at capacity, the CM did not indicate we could come back 30 minutes prior to fireworks - but we would not have done so.

I expressed my disappointment about this with Member Services. I feel this is yet another great perk that has been taken away from us in an attempt to make more money. Why must there always be a paid event? I suppose as long as people continue to pay they will not stop. It’s a shame, this was one of our favorite places to visit, enjoy a cocktail and an app and watch fireworks away from the crowds. :sad2:

Now that it is exclusive for membership extras, there is most likely an agreement between DVD and Disney. to pay for that right…and thus, having paid events help to support it.

When it was open to all, Disney ran it and reports were they didn’t always make profit and keeping it open may not have continued.

But, since it is being filled to capacity, it means that it’s popular. We did the Wicket Windown last year and did it instead of dinner and while a little expensive, it was a nice way to go, relax and have a seat.

What time does the lounge open? If we weren't interested in watching the fireworks from there, just to have a drink on our way into the MK, would there be much of a chance of getting in right at open?

If it's at capacity, it's at capacity. People can pay for the package if they want a guaranteed reserved table. Or they can enter for free as walk-ups. But it's first-come, first-served. The podium opens at 5:45, so you were behind the curve at 7pm.

Barring inclement weather or some other unusual circumstance, the outdoor deck is open nightly for viewing. Not sure why the CM didn't explain that. Maybe because you were specifically asking about the lounge. And they wouldn't let people up for the outdoor viewing 2 hours ahead of time.

facebook twitter