Top of the world lounge at bay lake tower

I hope it opens by the summer. I am a BLT owner and it was one of the perks that made you feel proud of your resort.
I stayed one time on the top floor just a stroll from TOWL. We needed to use our KTWC to access the floor. My boys, who are now grown up, loved that they had secret access to that floor. 😊

I will be at the Poly in late September and would love to hope over to BLT and visit the lounge.🤞🏻🤞🏻

If it’s put under Member Benefits, can it be for Blue Cardholders even if you own at BLT?

If it’s put under Member Benefits, can it be for Blue Cardholders even if you own at BLT?

It sure can. It could be treated like the Epcot lounge where DVD rents that space to provide a membership extra to certain owners. It is currently leased to Disney...which is why DVC/DVD couldn't control when it would open.

The POS for BLT specifically says that access is given to DVC owners as a courtesy. However, I just don't see them making it a membership extras benefit unless DVD is going to pay a good amount of money for it.

@Sandisw, thanks. I have loved using the TOTW so much. Many times I’ve been there meeting other DVC/Disboard people before a cruise or a Groupies meet. I have brought friends on arrival day when they didn’t have park admission. I hope it’s available a good bit to DVC members. It sounds as if it could be.

I don’t own that many BLT points, 100. Since Covid I have always booked TPV so we could see fireworks. Opening the lounge would save us some points!😊

I’ll be there for the GOTG preview mid May and it would be great if it was open then!
This has been closed since we became members. Are reservations required? How many are allowed in under one membership? What food and drink is available.

This has been closed since we became members. Are reservations required? How many are allowed in under one membership? What food and drink is available.
Before it closed, it was free for all members. The lounge offered food and snacks for purchase…the food was brought up from thr Wave…now. Steakhouse 71.

We have no idea when it reopens if they will have a different set up. They used the words “reimagined” so that could mean anything moving forward.

Until details are released, we really don’t know.

You wouldn’t think it’s take too long. The infrastructure is there with the building and the food source. It’s probably just a matter of staffing, right?

IMAGINING.... Means how can we make money

I definitely see there being some money aspect to it.

Now maybe DVD has decided to cover costs to make it blue card only? But it seems more likely to keep it open to all abs charge.

When it first opened, only those staying at BLT had access but they opened to all when the crowds for the lounge spending money was not enough.

IMAGINING.... Means how can we make money
I thought this was a great response. Exactly what I was thinking but for some reason didn’t post. BTW - I’m ok with a fee. I’m always ok with fees. But this is my vacation and release. Just make it a worthwhile experience.

@Bjaiken77 and @Stargazer65 ...totally with you. Paying for a worthwhile experience is ....well....worthwhile! I don't but the "lack of staffing" argument. You can make this an "exclusive" lounge that pays a premium wage (north of $15-25/hr)....and then just charge accordingly for drinks/food/cover (like a min order if you're so inclined).

I'm all for a well thought out experience that you need to pay for....if you want to provide a discount for DVC cardholders (or even make it exclusive to DVC), I'm fine with that, too!

It sure can. It could be treated like the Epcot lounge where DVD rents that space to provide a membership extra to certain owners. It is currently leased to Disney...which is why DVC/DVD couldn't control when it would open.

The POS for BLT specifically says that access is given to DVC owners as a courtesy. However, I just don't see them making it a membership extras benefit unless DVD is going to pay a good amount of money for it.
You are a much bigger expert than I am on this, so truly asking; if DVC started paying for TOTW, it would come out of ALL of our dues - not just direct. Wouldn't that keep it open to even us lowly resale owners?

You are a much bigger expert than I am on this, so truly asking; if DVC started paying for TOTW, it would come out of ALL of our dues - not just direct. Wouldn't that keep it open to even us lowly resale owners?

It is a commercial space located at BLT and not a common element. So, it can not be funded by dues. There would be no way to have to paid for by all members.

Currently, it’s leased and run by Disney. From what I was told prior to the closure, it was determined that they would run it for DVC owners only…but if they wanted to open to others, they could.

Now, the new announcement does say this will stay a members space…we just don’t know what changes May occur.

If DVD wanted to make it blue card only, they have to pay Disney in someway to ensure it stays profitable. It’s why I see some level of paid experience vs free like in the past.

I don’t see that though Because less guests means less money to Disney.

facebook twitter