Timeshare Store or other DVC resale?

I'm sorry - this is slightly off-topic.

Wondering - Can someone (perhaps Jason - or someone else) please explain what costs are typically incurred by the buyer for a given re-sale transaction purchase outside of paying for the points themselves (i.e. commission?, registration fees?, taxes? etc.) How much are the extra costs as a percentage (if anything at all) of the overall purchase?

Thanks!
Zebsterama

:hippie:pirate:
On The Timeshare Store listings, they show the exact amounts of both closing costs and dues to be paid by the buyer.

We started our membership via the Timeshare store and they worked extremely hard to make sure we were happy, and would definitely buy from again!

Jason at the TIMESHARE store has been great. We JUST CLEARED ROFR and we're DVC members!

I'd have to agree with everyone else, all of my interactions with TTS have been great. Although we did buy from dvcbyresale because the deal was too good ($59 pp @SSR for 200 pts) I still get the update Emails fom TTS and would definitely have no problem using them. I also would have no problem using dvcbyresale again.

I have purchased several contracts through the timeshare store and they were great to deal with through the entire process.

We have used ************* twice now and we are very pleased with the service.

**** told us our offer was on the low side, but that he was obligated to put it forth and so he did.

He has been pleasant and professional and we would not hesitate to use him again.

In regards to transactions at The Timeshare Store, Inc.® the cost breakdown is typically like this:

Buyer typically has these costs
1) Purchase price
2) Closing costs based on purchase price
3) Annual dues at closing on the points they are getting from the 2011 allocation (assuming buying in 2011)

Seller typically has these costs
1) Commission
2) $50 Estoppel fee
3) $20 ROFR fee
4) Annual dues at closing on the points they are getting from the 2011 allocation
5) If a foreign seller then must pay the 10% FIRPTA tax

I hope that helps.

Jason

We sold a contract through Timeshare Store in January last year. As we live in the UK we did indeed have to pay over the 10% FIRPTA tax.

However, advised by Jason, we used Dee-Jay & Associates to claim refund.
Although there are fees involved that eat in to the repayment, I was delighted this morning to receive a nice cheque in the post from US Treasury.

However, advised by Jason, we used Dee-Jay & Associates to claim refund.
Although there are fees involved that eat in to the repayment, I was delighted this morning to receive a nice cheque in the post from US Treasury.

:thumbsup2
TTS does a great job!

Zebsterama, you can send Jason an email directly if you have other questions. I have used the TTS to sell two contracts and buy one, the experience was excellent and there were no problems or last minute surprises. I wouldn't use anyone else

Bought from Timeshare in 1998 (I think). Will definately recommend them to my family and Dis Friends.

I went with the Time Share Store and so far I've been happy with their service, especially when you consider that I was one of those last minute 3/20 deals. My contract was with someone in England too, so the fact that they were able to get everything done and submitted by Sunday when we started the process on Thursday, especially considering how crazy that weekend must've been, well, I think that is a great plus in their favor.

We watch TTS listings and have had good back and forth when questions came up. We're actually in ROFR with dvcbyresale right now just because they had the contract come up we needed. BLT with an August use year isn't prevalent so had to go with who had it.

So far, dvcbyresale has been great (granted that's through submitting for ROFR only so far). Contract was posted on 3/18, they were upfront to say the points weren't verified because they just wanted to get it posted given the 3/20 deadline (said all '10 and '11 points were available) and we know our risk moving forward. Got everything submitted to Disney on 3/19.

If it's not what the sellers said we'll walk away knowing we tried and knowing dvcbyresale worked their butt off to get us to ROFR before the deadline.

We used ********** and were very pleased. Our contract got through both ROFR and closing a few weeks faster that people on here who had contracts accepted through other companies the same week.
******* **** and*** are wonderful.

Why is it that the names of companies some mention on here and even agents we recommend are blocked out?
I think we are here to help each other and it is a disservice to only allow names of paid advertisers on here to be mentioned.
OP asked for names of resale agencies and I do not understand why we are ** people we have had good experiences with.
Is there a rule change I have missed--I know when we bought I appreciated hearing about all the companies, not just sponsors.

Why is it that the names of companies some mention on here and even agents we recommend are blocked out?
I think we are here to help each other and it is a disservice to only allow names of paid advertisers on here to be mentioned.
OP asked for names of resale agencies and I do not understand why we are ** people we have had good experiences with.
Is there a rule change I have missed--I know when we bought I appreciated hearing about all the companies, not just sponsors.
I can't answer your question completely -- and hopefully one of the mods will -- but I can give you my impressions.

I am almost positive that the DIS does not block names because companies are not sponsors. If you look at these boards in any depth, you will see a LOT of posts about Fidelity -- they are not a sponsor and their name is not blocked out. The same is true of numerous other companies who provide various types of services other than real estate brokerage. Sponsor/not a sponsor really doesn't seem to matter, as far as I can tell.

In the past, another broker (not the one you are referring to) was blocked out because she had violated DIS posting policies. She's apparently served her pennance and I do not believe her name is currently blocked.

I don't know what the issue is with the broker you refer to, but I suspect it's some kind of issue with the posting guidelines.

Your question is a very legitimate one, and hopefully one of the mods will respond with a better answer than my guess.

We just bought our first resale contract from the Timeshare Store. On the whole, they were great to deal with and very prompt in getting back to us. My only minor complaint was that we didn't find out until the last minute that we'd need a certified check.

TTS sold our 50 point contract only hours after it was listed. We are completely satisfied as a seller.:)

I'm happy with them as well. We closed today as a seller. They were quick and efficient. I don't have a bad thing to say about TTS or ***. The closing was very fast. The contract passed ROFR on 3/20 and closed on 3/31.

I think they did a great job for me. We're in ROFR right now as buyers using TTS and I expect that when it's all said and done we'll be happy with that experience as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter