Timeshare Store or other DVC resale?

missin disney

Earning My Ears
The Timeshare Store has been lovely, but we have seen lower prices for similar point amounts on other sites. Who are reliable resellers of DVC?

Thanks,

Missin Disney

The timeshare store doesn't set the prices, the seller does.

If you see a contract you like, you can have TTS present any offer to the seller.

The Timeshare Store has been lovely, but we have seen lower prices for similar point amounts on other sites. Who are reliable resellers of DVC?

Thanks,

Missin Disney

As DVCConvert has said if you see a listing you like please feel free to make an offer. We will present your offer to the seller and they will either accept, counter or they might be firm at their price.

I personally think as a buyer all resellers of DVC should be reliable. All contracts have to be sent to Disney for ROFR so a reseller can't simply "make up" the points you are getting. If the contract doesn't match what the seller has then the contract will get kicked back by Disney until they receive an addendum signed by the buyer and the seller showing the points that are in the account. In my opinion a DVC seller should be concerned if a company charges them an upfront fee to list their property. In my opinion the company should get paid a commission at the time of closing.

I would like to add to all sellers and buyers that The Timeshare Store, Inc.® is staffed with 9 employees including 6 real estate associates and we are open 9 to 9 Monday thru Friday, Saturday 9 to 6 and Sunday 10 to 6. We also have some staff members working 9 to 12 hours a day to keep up with the demand that is happening since the announcement on 1/18/11.

Jason

In my opinion a DVC seller should be concerned if a company charges them an upfront fee to list their property.
Jason is a businessman, and "good people," and he's trying to be as cautious and inoffensive as he can be here.

I'm not trying to make nice to everyone.

ANYBODY who asks for an advanced fee for listing a property is a) in violation of Florida's fraud laws, and b) a scam artist. There are NO exceptions, and any governmental agency or reputable independent website will tell you that.

... but we have seen lower prices for similar point amounts on other sites.
Well, the real "proof of the pudding" on such listings is whether you are actually able to BUY the contract at that price.

OR...is that contract now...um, sold? "But this is your lucky day...we just received a new listing that is very similar and only a LITTLE bit more..." :rotfl2:

The listing price of a contract, IMHO, is not nearly as relevant as what MOST similar contracts actually SELL for. Anybody can type in a listing.

To their credit, TTS also posts "Sale Pending" listings, and those give you a pretty good sense of what REAL listings have actually SOLD for.

There are a handful a places that specialize in DVC. All have good reputations.

In addition to the timeshare store, I would check out dvcbyresale.com

TTS sold our 50 point contract only hours after it was listed. We are completely satisfied as a seller.:) We did our add on through Disney so I cannot comment on that....:confused3

I've purchased one contract from another DVC resaler without any issues. BUT! I've also purchased one contract and sold two contracts though The Timeshare Store so far. In addition I've visited their office twice and they are amoung the nicest people to do business with.

I'm sorry - this is slightly off-topic.

Wondering - Can someone (perhaps Jason - or someone else) please explain what costs are typically incurred by the buyer for a given re-sale transaction purchase outside of paying for the points themselves (i.e. commission?, registration fees?, taxes? etc.) How much are the extra costs as a percentage (if anything at all) of the overall purchase?

Thanks!
Zebsterama

:hippie:pirate:

I'm sorry - this is slightly off-topic.

Wondering - Can someone (perhaps Jason - or someone else) please explain what costs are typically incurred by the buyer for a given re-sale transaction purchase outside of paying for the points themselves (i.e. commission?, registration fees?, taxes? etc.) How much are the extra costs as a percentage (if anything at all) of the overall purchase?

Thanks!
Zebsterama

In regards to transactions at The Timeshare Store, Inc.® the cost breakdown is typically like this:

Buyer typically has these costs
1) Purchase price
2) Closing costs based on purchase price
3) Annual dues at closing on the points they are getting from the 2011 allocation (assuming buying in 2011)

Seller typically has these costs
1) Commission
2) $50 Estoppel fee
3) $20 ROFR fee
4) Annual dues at closing on the points they are getting from the 2011 allocation
5) If a foreign seller then must pay the 10% FIRPTA tax

I hope that helps.

Jason

In regards to transactions at The Timeshare Store, Inc.® the cost breakdown is typically like this:

Buyer typically has these costs
1) Purchase price
2) Closing costs based on purchase price
3) Annual dues at closing on the points they are getting from the 2011 allocation (assuming buying in 2011)

Seller typically has these costs
1) Commission
2) $50 Estoppel fee
3) $20 ROFR fee
4) Annual dues at closing on the points they are getting from the 2011 allocation
5) If a foreign seller then must pay the 10% FIRPTA tax

I hope that helps.

Jason

Thanks Jason

One more quick question.

For the buyer, as a percentage of the purchase price, how much is the closing cost?

For example is it a set fee, or is it about 5% or 10% or ?% of the closing cost?

Thanks,
Zebsterama

Thanks Jason

One more quick question.

For the buyer, as a percentage of the purchase price, how much is the closing cost?

For example is it a set fee, or is it about 5% or 10% or ?% of the closing cost?

Thanks,
Zebsterama

Hi there,

Sorry to be a pest. Can someone who has gone through this before and/or Jason please answer my follow-up question above?

Cheers,
Zebsterama

Hi there,

Sorry to be a pest. Can someone who has gone through this before and/or Jason please answer my follow-up question above?

Cheers,
Zebsterama

I think closing (at least when I bought and sold via TSS) is a set amount for a range of points.

In 2009, I believe I paid $322 for a 50 point contract. I think it was the same amount up to 75 points and then it changed.

Thanks Jason

One more quick question.

Thanks,
Zebsterama
Closing costs are negotiable with the seller as well, just so you know.

FYI - Closing cost is listed at TSS site.. depending on points amount...
(see TSS listing details).

see sample below

Animal Kingdom-$74/pt. 350 pts UY - August - Closing cost $650.00

Animal Kingdom-$75/pt. 240 pts UY - September - Closing cost $525.00

Animal Kingdom-$75/pt. 200 pts UY - June - Closing cost $500.00

I think for 50 pts = $322, 100 pts = $397

I hope that you got the idea.. If you are in doubt - just call them...
Everything is out in the open - Nothing hidden...

That would be true with fidelity as well. closing costs are based on the number of points bought.

I have purchased 2 contracts from the timeshare store and 1 from another major reseller. The timeshare store had much better service. I did get a lower price through the other but it was a year later and rofr had not been as prevalent. Since the resale changes were announced, I have offered the lower price I had paid a few months before and it was not accepted by the buyers through reseller where i got the lower price last time. So at this point in time, if you want to get in before the rules change, the resale prices are what they are. And the timeshare store has excellent service.

We used the Timeshare store to sell 2 small contacts and purchase 1 large contract, All three transactions were at different times and all three were done professionally and went off without a hitch. I never felt worried about my money or information and I would definitely use them again without hesitation. Mark

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter