Thrill level of Slinky Dog Dash?

I agree that SDD is more intense, but I think you should still try it! I haven't been a real roller coaster fan, but each year they get easier and more enjoyable. I suggest riding the other coasters BEFORE you do SDD - your body will be acclimated and you'll enjoy it more. You can do it!!

Thrill level of Slinky Dog Dash?
There is no "thrill level" on SDD, it's all about putting a smile on your face and that's fine. Being involved with the previews, I rode it several times before it opened to day Guests and that was my evaluation then and it's my evaluation now.

I am not a fan of roller coasters that take my stomach. SDD did not do that once. There was only one time I got a little nervous because I lost sight of the track in front of me. Too me, it's not much of a thrill ride. I like it better than BTMRR because it is much smoother. SDMT scared me to death at night because I couldn't see where I was going at all. IMO, SDD was easier than both of them.

I am a coaster enthusiast that has been on 100+ coasters and on some of the tallest and fastest in the world, but also a huge DIS parks fan. I haven't ridden SDD, but from the POV's I've watched, it seems like it's very family oriented and not intense at all. To be completely honest, the launches look extremely gradual..... I don't think you have anything to worry about!

I am also not a huge fan of big coasters but I love big thunder and 7dmt. I did the early magic morning on the 24th and I was really hesitant about going on SDD but I did and I thought it was really fun. Yes it has a bit of a larger drop than mine train but I felt it was still manageable. I would like to encourage you to try it because it is fun and I went on it a few times.

H
There is no "thrill level" on SDD, it's all about putting a smile on your face and that's fine. Being involved with the previews, I rode it several times before it opened to day Guests and that was my evaluation then and it's my evaluation now.
Hi. What does a "golden ears club" mean?

What a great thread! I assumed SDD was going to be more tame like Barnstormer, so now I’m excited to ride it! We love roller coasters.

I was worried it would be lame .... but it's actually quite fun.

SDD is much more than Barnstormer or 7DMT. Exhilarating. Will push the limit for some children and maybe some adults who don't love roller coasters.

Not as intense as Everest. And that's a good thing. It fills a gap.

Aliens is very easy and calm compared to SDD. More of a whip and swing than Teacups but in a fun way.

I personally wouldn't take kids under 10 yrs on SDD unless they were roller coasters fans and had ridden Big Thunder a few times. It's much smoother than Big Thunder but more drops.

SDD is best at night with the accent lights. Only you and your family can decide if night is better than the day for the thrill factor.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter