Things that make you cry

So I came very close to crying tonight, and thought of this thread!

I've been working my butt off, literally! They have been working me so hard it really is hard to be in a "Disney" mood.

So tonight we go to Chef Mickeys, only for the all you can eat Prime Rib, a favorite of Shreks!

So I look over and watch Minnie approach a table with a young girl. The girl is absolutly gaga over Minnie! Tears and all! I had to look away to keep from crying!

So ya, things like that tear me up! I'm a big sap for kids and the characters! :sad2:

So I came very close to crying tonight, and thought of this thread!

I've been working my butt off, literally! They have been working me so hard it really is hard to be in a "Disney" mood.

So tonight we go to Chef Mickeys, only for the all you can eat Prime Rib, a favorite of Shreks!

So I look over and watch Minnie approach a table with a young girl. The girl is absolutly gaga over Minnie! Tears and all! I had to look away to keep from crying!

So ya, things like that tear me up! I'm a big sap for kids and the characters! :sad2:

Sounds like it's definitely a great perk of the job. However, I honestly don't know how CM's maintain their composure, professionalism and downright friendliness with certain people, especially during the brutally hot summer. My utmost respect and admiration for people who work with the public under, somewhat less than ideal situations.

The heat and rudeness you learn to deal with.

Kids with "Give Kids the World" buttons on.....never!

You bite your tounge, deal with it, and ask for a break after.....

The heat and rudeness you learn to deal with.

Kids with "Give Kids the World" buttons on.....never!

You bite your tounge, deal with it, and ask for a break after.....

Thanks for the tip OMike! I'll be sure to leave my little snowflake's button home when we come visit in August/September. ;) :rotfl2:

Edited to add: I guess this isn't something I'm familiar with. I didn't think there was really such a button, but rather more of an "attitude" displayed by parents regarding their children. I googled it and see that it's actually an organization that helps sick kids, so I guess I'm missing something here or some stories I'm unaware of. Wouldn't want to offend anyone who's child is actually sick with a mean comment.

PrincessK, Give Kids The World is a legitimate organization that provides holidays to WDW (and other things) to terminally, and seriously ill children. There is nothing "snowflake" about it. I must say, I really hate the term snowflake and its use here on the DIS and the other place.

O'Mike, I'm sorry that things aren't easing up at work. :( Good that you were able to get out for a bite of prime rib though. :teeth: I know how much you care for the children, and how much they touch you.

PrincessK, Give Kids The World is a legitimate organization that provides holidays to WDW (and other things) to terminally, and seriously ill children. There is nothing "snowflake" about it. I must say, I really hate the term snowflake and its use here on the DIS and the other place.

O'Mike, I'm sorry that things aren't easing up at work. :( Good that you were able to get out for a bite of prime rib though. :teeth: I know how much you care for the children, and how much they touch you.

Obviously I completely misinterpreted O'Mike's post initially and I'm hoping I haven't offended anyone. Putting my tail between my legs and slinking off to other places now.

It's all good, thankfully not everyone knows what Give Kids the World is.

But it is a great organization for those who need it.

The Humane Society ad with Sarah McLachlan's "in the Arms of an Angel" makes me cry every time I even think about it (right now, for instance).

The Humane Society ad with Sarah McLachlan's "in the Arms of an Angel" makes me cry every time I even think about it (right now, for instance).

I have to fight off the urge to get in the car and head to the pound to get another animal! UGH! But this ad just reaffirms my decision to never ever buy a pet! Adoption is the best way! :thumbsup2

I'm a big ol' softie. I cry at the drop of a hat. I can't handle watching Extreme Home Makeover. I'm a blubbering mess by the end.

But when it comes to children, I become a mushy pile of goo.

I have to share a store about our last trip to DL. We were sitting at Tomorrowland Terrace having a sandwich. Right next to us, was an older man and a young special needs child who was in a wheelchair.

She was probably about 10 years old. Cute little girl with blonde hair and covered in head to toe in Disney. She was really upset because her camera was broken and wouldn't work correctly. I already was getting teary eyed and asked Steven if he thought it would be a bad thing to go buy her a disposable camera and give them $20 to pay for development. Just then, the Father yells at her telling her it was her own fault for breaking it. I almost lost it at that point.

She drops her camera and was struggling to pick it up. He wouldn't get it for her and instead ignored her. I started to get up to go pick it up myself and hand it to her, but my partner laid his hand on my arm and whispered that it was best to not interfere and to let her father handle it. He was probably right. I didn't want to end up getting into a fight in the middle of Disneyland regarding his parenting skills.

This went on for a while. She was upset and angry and wanted her camera. He kept berating or igoring her. I sat there with my head down, tears running down my face. It was a mixture of sadness and anger.

Finally, the mother comes up with their food. She could sense that something was wrong and asked what was going on. Of course the father tells her about how their daughter was acting. The mother leans down and gets the camera. The daughter kept playing with the camera trying to get it to work rather then eating. This made the mother frustrated and the father even angrier. The little girl was crying by this point and the mother asked her what was wrong.

She pointed to her father and proudly and loudly said, "He's being an *** hole!" The mother had to laugh. The father didn't look so happy.

With tears still streaming down my face, I busted out laughing SO hard I almost spewed coke out my nose. We were almost hysterical by that point. We stood up and I walked by to throw our food away, patted her on the shoulder and said, "Couldn't agree more" and walked away.

I can't see a special needs child without crying. Just can't do it. I just want to give them all a big hug and not let go.

At the end of Lilo & Stitch, when Stitch faces the Grand Councilwoman and says "This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good."

I just lose it. EVERY time.

I'm a softee, too. A sad movie, a sad song, a sad tv program...they all get me.

How can you not watch Purple Rose of Cairo and not cry?

It is one of my favorite things about going to WDW... watching the kids. I hope parents don't get too creeped out by that... :confused3

::yes::

I am an emotional wreck. I cry at everything! I blubbered like an idiot at last night Grey's Anatomy.

Extreme Home Makeover gets me every dang shot! Nelson just sits there with this stupid grin on my face. He says he loves it when I cry at these things because it means that I care... :sad2:

The Olympics get me too... just watching someone achieve their dream is amazing!

Even the time when John Lester (pitcher for the Red Sox who was treated for Leukemia last year) pitched a no hitter... I was so happy with all that he had over come... I cried...

• Bambi (Your mother can't be with you anymore)
  • Lion King (Dad....Dad....Come on....)
  • Susan Boyle BGT video
  • Andrea Bocelli singing Nessun Dorma
  • Nearly all Extreme Makeover: Home Editions
  • Godini Godini (Bulgarian folk song. Translation: Years, years, hard years, have you come to everyone or only to me? I loved her from childhood to womanhood. Another man came and took her away from me.)
  • 9/11 footage
  • The Quilt
  • Soarin'
  • Most Spielberg movies (and I feel so dirty afterwards)
  • Being a character is one of the most gratifying jobs in the park. They are instantly, automatically loved... the strength of that love is incredible. Mickey Mouse was being mobbed near Mr. Lincoln one afternoon, when a small boy broke free from his father, pushed through the crowd and flung himself at Mickey. "Mickey Mouse," the boy said. The child was autistic and those were the first words he had ever said. - David Koenig/Mouse Tales

Loss of loved ones. Overcoming adversity. Beauty of the human spirit. The Human Condition.

But it's always worse when set to a good score!

• Bambi (Your mother can't be with you anymore)
  • Lion King (Dad....Dad....Come on....)
  • Susan Boyle BGT video
  • Andrea Bocelli singing Nessun Dorma
  • Nearly all Extreme Makeover: Home Editions
  • Godini Godini (Bulgarian folk song. Translation: Years, years, hard years, have you come to everyone or only to me? I loved her from childhood to womanhood. Another man came and took her away from me.)
  • 9/11 footage
  • The Quilt
  • Soarin'
  • Most Spielberg movies (and I feel so dirty afterwards)

Loss of loved ones. Overcoming adversity. Beauty of the human spirit. The Human Condition.

But it's always worse when set to a good score!

Great post! You should come around here more often. :hug:

Great post! You should come around here more often. :hug:
Well, thanks Rosie. that's really sweet of you to say.

unfortunately, I tend to be a thread-killer so I usually wait until the thread has had a long, full life before I say anything. And sometimes, I don't really know what the voices in my head are going to say.

So thanks for the hug. Group hug everyone :grouphug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter