The Official October 2012 Car Rental Thread

Alamo rates are down quite a bit for the last of this month. Just redid my van rental which is down to $740ish for 18 days. I've been keeping watch cause I want to use Alamo for the additional driver. Also have a full size for 2 weeks for $290ish which maybe will get better yet.

I just got an intermediate car at Enterprise from Oct. 23rd to Nov. 3rd (11 days) for $213.68 total with taxes and everything.

SharonS I put your dates into Alamo and used noon to noon as times as I did not know your pick up and drop off times. Right now it is showing you can get a Medium SUV for $241.50 or you can get a premium car for $214.71. These are with my Alamo Insiders number, it is easy to join and free (quick and simple) and also coupon code AD2338FDF (Visa Coupon for $30 off). Keep watching the rates they can change frequently in just one day. Hope this helps. FYI it is 8:50 EST when I got these rates just so you can use as comparison if you do not see this post right away.

Thank you. I was able to book a premium at Alamo for $217 tax included. I'm still hoping for a better rate. Anyone know of any other codes to use?

Renting at MCO 10/21 - 10/28. I just dumped my Dollar full size ($149.04) for Alamo Midsize SUV ($208.58). Used Insiders code and Visa coupon AD2338FDF. After additional driver fees, Dollar would have been more. Hoping to use online check in at the kiosk.

Renting at MCO 10/21 - 10/28. I just dumped my Dollar full size ($149.04) for Alamo Midsize SUV ($208.58). Used Insiders code and Visa coupon AD2338FDF. After additional driver fees, Dollar would have been more. Hoping to use online check in at the kiosk.

Alamo midsize suv using costco code 7014627 and e-coupon AD2338FDF for $30 off total is $191. Budget using Wendie code D454300 and E-Coupon MUGZ029 for $30 off total for midsize suv is $172 after coupon is applied when return vehicle.

SharonS I put your dates into Alamo and used noon to noon as times as I did not know your pick up and drop off times. Right now it is showing you can get a Medium SUV for $241.50 or you can get a premium car for $214.71. These are with my Alamo Insiders number, it is easy to join and free (quick and simple) and also coupon code AD2338FDF (Visa Coupon for $30 off). Keep watching the rates they can change frequently in just one day. Hope this helps. FYI it is 8:50 EST when I got these rates just so you can use as comparison if you do not see this post right away.

Thank you. I was able to book a premium at Alamo for $217 tax included. I'm still hoping for a better rate. Anyone know of any other codes to use?

I used the same codes (alamo insider, costco, and the $30.00 off Visa code) and was able to get a Premium for $212.33 for Oct 27th-Nov 4th. That was cheaper than the compact I had booked with them. Wonder why a Premium is cheaper than an Economy or Compact?:confused3 I really want a Midsize, but the Premium was cheaper, so went with that. Still hoping it drops some more in the next week though. I paid $125.00 for a Midsize from Alamo when I was there last month and was hoping for the same price, instead it's close to double the price now.

Anyone know what Alamo has in it's Premium section?

Budget:

http://slickdeals.net/f/5360318-Get...nt=u1402460&utm_campaign=tu-9999#post54056020

Get a Full Size car for $89/week airports or $109/week off airport from Budget!
Get a Full Size car for $89/week at airports or $109/week at off airport locations. Use Budget BCD U030073 and Budget Coupon MUWZ003 for $20 off weekly. Must book by 10/25 for pickup by 10/31.

Blackouts apply including New York Metro, Martha's Vineyard, and Salt Lake City. Five day minimum rental with 14 day maximum.

Coupon requires Saturday night keep and is applied at drop off. It may not be applied at all locations.

Costco members can save an additional $10 with coupon MUGZ029.

Found at http://www.carrentalsavers.com/budget.html

Budget:

http://slickdeals.net/f/5360318-Get...nt=u1402460&utm_campaign=tu-9999#post54056020

Get a Full Size car for $89/week airports or $109/week off airport from Budget!
Get a Full Size car for $89/week at airports or $109/week at off airport locations. Use Budget BCD U030073 and Budget Coupon MUWZ003 for $20 off weekly. Must book by 10/25 for pickup by 10/31.

Blackouts apply including New York Metro, Martha's Vineyard, and Salt Lake City. Five day minimum rental with 14 day maximum.

Coupon requires Saturday night keep and is applied at drop off. It may not be applied at all locations.

Costco members can save an additional $10 with coupon MUGZ029.

Found at http://www.carrentalsavers.com/budget.html

Thanks for posting this - I was able to use it but the rate was $109 at MCO instead of $89. I must have missed the window. Here's what it says now:

New! Budget Coupon - Get a Full Size Car for $129 per week in neighborhoods and $109/week at airports!
Use Budget BCD U030073. Valid for rental pickup by 10/31/12. Several blackouts apply, not valid in New York Metro, Martha's Vineyard, and Salt Lake City. Five day minimum rental with 14 day maximum. Must book by 10/25.
It helped me anyway so thanks!!

Thanks for posting this - I was able to use it but the rate was $109 at MCO instead of $89. I must have missed the window. Here's what it says now:

New! Budget Coupon - Get a Full Size Car for $129 per week in neighborhoods and $109/week at airports!
Use Budget BCD U030073. Valid for rental pickup by 10/31/12. Several blackouts apply, not valid in New York Metro, Martha's Vineyard, and Salt Lake City. Five day minimum rental with 14 day maximum. Must book by 10/25.
It helped me anyway so thanks!!

I think the slickdeals post accounts for the $20 coupon which is supposedly applied not when you book but when you return the car. The coupon did 't show up when I booked.

Picked up our rental from Alamo this afternoon on the A side. I had a minivan reserved for a total of $588. for 18 days tax in. We also had a standard car reserved for 2 weeks for total of $288. When we got to garage to pick them up all I could see was minivans in all the the car class aisles, there wasn't a car to be seen. We ended up with 2 Toyota Sienna's (8 seats). :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter