The Official October 2012 Car Rental Thread

I gave in and cancelled my National reservation in favor of an Alamo reservation. Used the insider rate with the $30 off Visa code. Total with taxes and fees is $204 for 10-12/22 for a standard size. It saved me $80 over the National rate. I'll do the on-line check-in tomorrow after I get my new drivers license picture taken :)

If the "visa code" is and electronic coupon, you will not be able to do online checkin. Not sure why you need to wait for your license picture to be taken to do this, but, whatever floats your boat.
Also, you might have to use a visa to pay for this reservation.

Thanks for the thought but its outrageous for my rental. $620 for the base, plus a $250 drop fee plus taxes fees etc...

What are your dates, where are you going and taxes and fees are a normal part of the rental price.

my rates have dropped drastically...I had a reservation for Dollar 9 day mid-size for 240 and now a standard is 170. I also find Alamo for 193 standard w/insider code. I tried to get a costco rate, but it says error. Not sure if costco is cheaper, but right now I think I will take Alamo @ 193. Anyone else get any good rates? BTW my dates are 17-26.

gmeh1 said:
If the "visa code" is and electronic coupon, you will not be able to do online checkin. Not sure why you need to wait for your license picture to be taken to do this, but, whatever floats your boat.
Also, you might have to use a visa to pay for this reservation.

Don't you need your drivers license info for online check in?!? I don't have the expire date for my DL until I get my new one.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

My Alamo rate just dropped again another $30. It is now $200 less than what my National rate was. I'm paying $280 total for a 15 day rental (standard). So folks should recheck their rates this morning. I did check National (hoping for a new low rate) but no movement from them at all.

My Alamo rate just dropped again another $30. It is now $200 less than what my National rate was. I'm paying $280 total for a 15 day rental (standard). So folks should recheck their rates this morning. I did check National (hoping for a new low rate) but no movement from them at all.

:cool1: Thanks! I just rebooked for $179 for the 10 days for a standard with Alamo! Saved me $25 over the rate I had booked at last night :thumbsup2

:cool1: Thanks! I just rebooked for $179 for the 10 days for a standard with Alamo! Saved me $25 over the rate I had booked at last night :thumbsup2

Woo hoo, down also to $179 with Sunpromo for MCO 10 days. Love it!

That's great! I know you (like me) wanted to stick with National, but with such a huge difference I had to go with Alamo. Don't forget to check later today and again tomorrow! Have a great trip!

I used visa code AD2338FDF and insider code for tha Alamo rate

Hmmm, that gets me to $152 instead of $179. With the Visa code am I required to go to the desk? Or can I do online checkin or kiosk?
Thanks!

That's great! I know you (like me) wanted to stick with National, but with such a huge difference I had to go with Alamo. Don't forget to check later today and again tomorrow! Have a great trip!

Yeah you know that I would have loved to stick with National but like you I just can't justify paying that kind of difference! Kind of stinks not getting credit towards exec of 10 days but I still have the rest of the year to make it up (possibly.)

I hope you have a great trip as well! Who knows - we may even run into each other in WDW :) (If you see a lady wearing a tiara with 2 pre-teen boys that's me princess: )

my rates have dropped drastically...I had a reservation for Dollar 9 day mid-size for 240 and now a standard is 170. I also find Alamo for 193 standard w/insider code. I tried to get a costco rate, but it says error. Not sure if costco is cheaper, but right now I think I will take Alamo @ 193. Anyone else get any good rates? BTW my dates are 17-26.

Costco is a little cheaper at $185 for a standard.
http://www.costcotravel.com/Rental-Cars

Have you checked your Alamo rate today? I'm getting a much cheaper rate than your quote using the Insider code and the $30 coupon AD2338fdf (standard car). I checked and got $159 for 9 day rental/standard car for your dates.

National blipped back up again this morning for my rental. Still not sure whether to go with the more expensive Exec Aisle rental or the Enterprise...I works out to a bit over $5 a day for the convenience. I know enough to no *expect* anything other than a full size, but we've had good luck on the Aisle in the past....decisions, decisions.....

I am new to this group.
I am leaving in couple of days. 10/13-10/20
I book with the city rate Dollar - $135 after tax for a mid-size car.
Is that good? I dont have Alamo Insider. Is it worth it to check it out.
:)

I am new to this group.
I am leaving in couple of days. 10/13-10/20
I book with the city rate Dollar - $135 after tax for a mid-size car.
Is that good? I dont have Alamo Insider. Is it worth it to check it out.
:)

I justed plugged your dates in at Alamo using the insider & visa coupon codes and it is actually more expensive than mine for the same type of car and I have 3 more days :confused3

Alamo Insider is free to sign up for so you may want to sign up just to check today and tomorrow. I would say that your rate with Dollar is pretty good though.

I justed plugged your dates in at Alamo using the insider & visa coupon codes and it is actually more expensive than mine for the same type of car and I have 3 more days :confused3

Alamo Insider is free to sign up for so you may want to sign up just to check today and tomorrow. I would say that your rate with Dollar is pretty good though.

Thanks! I did just check it out..Kinda weird but oh well. I think i stay with Dollar if no big change. We did used Dollar 2 times last trip and they are pretty "ok" to deal with. :)
:drive: DH like them anyway. We have their fastbreak program. I do like the idea of skipping the counter that they are not offering. :scratchin

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter