Has anyone stayed at DoubleTree at the Entrance to Universal Orlando?

chiburple

DIS Veteran
I just booked at DoubleTree at the Entrance to Universal Orlando. The thing is, I can't seem to find any information about this hotel on their website.

Do they have a shuttle to Universal? If so, how do we book? Is it easy to walk?
They don't by chance have an airport shuttle, do they?
Do they offer complimentary breakfast?
Anything else I need to know about this hotel?

If anyone has stayed here and can offer any advice, I'd be grateful.

This trip is mainly for work which is why I didn't dig too far into all this when I booked. But it would be nice to be able to see a bit of Universal in the evenings after work.

Last edited:
I just booked at DoubleTree at the Entrance to Universal Orlando. The thing is, I can't seem to find any information about this hotel on their website.

This trip is mainly for work which is why I didn't dig too far into all this when I booked. But it would be nice to be able to see a bit of Universal in the evenings after work.
According to their website -
- No Shuttles
- Specifically says no airport shuttle (hard pressed to find any of these in Orlando)
- Very walkable, I don't think other than Universals there is a closer hotel
- Onsite restaurants & dining options - we are Hilton Diamond, never seen a FREE breakfast at Doubletrees. Some level of Hilton Honors get food coupons but not always for hot breakfast.
- Haven't stayed at this one but driven by a few times, VERY walkable to CityWalk & Parks

Probably been 10 years since I stayed there. You can definitely walk. I did that as a solo female. No free breakfast. It’s got a small convention center there, so,it’s a mix of convention folks and tourists. It’s a bit boring, but very acceptable. By sure to get your free cookies!

It's easily walkable, safe w/ sidewalks & landscaped nicely the whole way. Lighted at night, and you won't be the only one walking back. The path takes you to the valet entrance, which means a small non-busy security checkpoint.

It's easily walkable, safe w/ sidewalks & landscaped nicely the whole way. Lighted at night, and you won't be the only one walking back. The path takes you to the valet entrance, which means a small non-busy security checkpoint.
According to their website -
- No Shuttles
- Specifically says no airport shuttle (hard pressed to find any of these in Orlando)
- Very walkable, I don't think other than Universals there is a closer hotel
- Onsite restaurants & dining options - we are Hilton Diamond, never seen a FREE breakfast at Doubletrees. Some level of Hilton Honors get food coupons but not always for hot breakfast.
- Haven't stayed at this one but driven by a few times, VERY walkable to CityWalk & Parks

Probably been 10 years since I stayed there. You can definitely walk. I did that as a solo female. No free breakfast. It’s got a small convention center there, so,it’s a mix of convention folks and tourists. It’s a bit boring, but very acceptable. By sure to get your free cookies!

Thank you all very much!! 🥰

Rooms are small and lighting isn't great.
Fairly clean and they have pool area so like a small cheaper resort.
There's a restaurant, I have Platinum so I believe I had a choice between breakfast or points.
There is a shuttle bus to Universal and it's next to the overhead walkway that you can walk to City Walk (maybe 15 minute walk)

The thing that annoyed me was that if your room is on the side with a street (and two sides are along the street) then you can hear the hot rodders all throughout the night, even if on the high floors. For some reason the hot rodders love to use those two rodes to race or rev their engines

So I think you need to get a room not facing either street (maybe facing pool away from street) or you will need earplugs.

Rooms are small and lighting isn't great.
Fairly clean and they have pool area so like a small cheaper resort.
There's a restaurant, I have Platinum so I believe I had a choice between breakfast or points.
There is a shuttle bus to Universal and it's next to the overhead walkway that you can walk to City Walk (maybe 15 minute walk)

The thing that annoyed me was that if your room is on the side with a street (and two sides are along the street) then you can hear the hot rodders all throughout the night, even if on the high floors. For some reason the hot rodders love to use those two rodes to race or rev their engines

So I think you need to get a room not facing either street (maybe facing pool away from street) or you will need earplugs.

Thank you very much for all the information. How does the shuttle work? Can we pre book same day? Where do we hop on to return?

Thank you very much for all the information. How does the shuttle work? Can we pre book same day? Where do we hop on to return?
I believe the shuttle comes a couple times in the morning. It’s one of those buses that stops at 3-4 hotels along that hotel corridor before going to Universal. And then a couple times going back in the evening.

I think you do have to prebook from the concierge but it’s been a while so I may be mixing it up with some other hotels.

To be honest I think the Universals Surfside/dockside is better if you can get a good price. It seems further but the bus to the parks runs all day every 20 minutes and goes directly to the parks And doesn’t make any other stops.
It’s also a walkable distance on the sidewalk over the bridge and walking wise might be the same distance.

The suite is pretty good if you can get it at a good price at surfside/dockside.

That doubletree sometimes has good deals and if you are married to the Hilton brand that’s probably the best but if price is comparable I prefer surfside/dockside (biggest downside is you can’t accumulate loyalty points)

I believe the shuttle comes a couple times in the morning. It’s one of those buses that stops at 3-4 hotels along that hotel corridor before going to Universal. And then a couple times going back in the evening.

I think you do have to prebook from the concierge but it’s been a while so I may be mixing it up with some other hotels.

To be honest I think the Universals Surfside/dockside is better if you can get a good price. It seems further but the bus to the parks runs all day every 20 minutes and goes directly to the parks And doesn’t make any other stops.
It’s also a walkable distance on the sidewalk over the bridge and walking wise might be the same distance.

The suite is pretty good if you can get it at a good price at surfside/dockside.

That doubletree sometimes has good deals and if you are married to the Hilton brand that’s probably the best but if price is comparable I prefer surfside/dockside (biggest downside is you can’t accumulate loyalty points)
Thank you. Unfortunately this is a work trip so I have to stay at one of the company approved hotels. I’m just hoping to visit the parks for a few hours in the evenings and want to make the most of the time I have

Thank you. Unfortunately this is a work trip so I have to stay at one of the company approved hotels. I’m just hoping to visit the parks for a few hours in the evenings and want to make the most of the time I have
What are your other choices?

What are your other choices?

At this point, I'm locked in since I've already made my booking. But there weren't any Universal owned or Disney-owned hotels in the system. There was one on Disney property near Disney Springs, but I think I'm more interested in universal area - particularly since I'll only be free after work.

At this point, I'm locked in since I've already made my booking. But there weren't any Universal owned or Disney-owned hotels in the system. There was one on Disney property near Disney Springs, but I think I'm more interested in universal area - particularly since I'll only be free after work.
Ok then just make sure to ask for a room not facing the two roads.

There is a CVS on that same block as well if you need anything as a Millets Ale House and BK.
And McDonald’s and wendys nearby.

That’s great to know! Thank you!!
I’ve never stayed pool side but that could be a noise problem during the day if you are working from your room.

This would mean ‘middle rooms of the side facing North (I think) away from the two streets and pool is ideal. And you wouldn’t want a corner room.

I’ve never stayed pool side but that could be a noise problem during the day if you are working from your room.

This would mean ‘middle rooms of the side facing North (I think) away from the two streets and pool is ideal. And you wouldn’t want a corner room.
Thanks very much for the tips! 😊

Ok then just make sure to ask for a room not facing the two roads.

There is a CVS on that same block as well if you need anything as a Millets Ale House and BK.
And McDonald’s and wendys nearby.
There is a Walgreens in the location you described. I don't think there is cvs in the immediate area

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter