The **NEW** Grand Floridian FAQ!(MAY 2011)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jungle Cruiser, I hope you are doing well and enjoying the weekend.:hug: Thank you so much for the compliment, I feel we all contribute to this great thread!

Speaking of which - you posted a photo of the beach pool on the thread asking about the pool fencing. Do you mind if I copy that and use it on the first page? It is a good overall shot of the pool with fencing, I tried to get one of my own but there were too many people in the pool, I felt like a stalker.:rotfl:

Stay well, my friend.pixiedust:

I have been looking through my photos from this past month, and found this guy hanging out at the courtyard pool!:goodvibes

IMG_0604.jpg

Jungle Cruiser, I hope you are doing well and enjoying the weekend.:hug: Thank you so much for the compliment, I feel we all contribute to this great thread!

Speaking of which - you posted a photo of the beach pool on the thread asking about the pool fencing. Do you mind if I copy that and use it on the first page? It is a good overall shot of the pool with fencing, I tried to get one of my own but there were too many people in the pool, I felt like a stalker.:rotfl:

Stay well, my friend.pixiedust:

Of course you can use the photo! I know what you mean about feeling like a stalker taking pictures ;) AND I love your picture above, just a bird out for a stroll!

Hope you are enjoying the weekend. I believe you are having some nasty weather out your way :scared1:

Of course you can use the photo! I know what you mean about feeling like a stalker taking pictures ;) AND I love your picture above, just a bird out for a stroll!

Hope you are enjoying the weekend. I believe you are having some nasty weather out your way :scared1:

Thanks!:goodvibes I posted the pool and beach photos in the Recreation section of the new thread.

It has been really hot here, but not quite as bad today. We had 106 heat index yesterday, today didn't get out of the 90s, thankfully. KCmike had a bad storm in his area a couple nights ago, luckily it missed us.:scared:

Thanks!:goodvibes I posted the pool and beach photos in the Recreation section of the new thread.

It has been really hot here, but not quite as bad today. We had 106 heat index yesterday, today didn't get out of the 90s, thankfully. KCmike had a bad storm in his area a couple nights ago, luckily it missed us.:scared:

We did? :confused3
Did I sleep through it?

Sorry I've been away so long. We are in the final planning stages for our big California Adventure which happens in less than 30 days for us.

Happy Memorial Day everyone. To those men and women who have served our country in the past and present, Thank you.

Just stopping by to say :wave2:. It was a chemo week, so I am a bit behind in my DIS reading :confused3

Hope everyone has a wonderful Memorial Day!

I hope today finds you feeling well.:hug:

k&a&c'smom I love the picture of the crane.

28 excruciatingly long days for us. Our flight will already be in the air at this time.

Did I sleep through it?

Sorry I've been away so long. We are in the final planning stages for our big California Adventure which happens in less than 30 days for us.

:rotfl: Well, maybe it wasn't as big as reported, the news stations have been prone to hyperbole lately regarding weather.;) I think it was Thursday night, KMBC-9 was off air for several hours due to lightning, and it was reported there were many storms passing through KC in succession.

YAY for the Cali Adventure, won't be long now.

Happy Memorial Day everyone. To those men and women who have served our country in the past and present, Thank you.

Amen.:grouphug:

k&a&c'smom I love the picture of the crane.

28 excruciatingly long days for us. Our flight will already be in the air at this time.

Isn't he lovely? I kept trying to snap the photo, but he was on a mission, it took several tries.:laughing:

I know it seems like a very long time, but summer speeds by so quickly, it will be here in a flash.:goodvibes

Isn't he lovely? I kept trying to snap the photo, but he was on a mission, it took several tries.:laughing:

I know it seems like a very long time, but summer speeds by so quickly, it will be here in a flash.:goodvibes

Oh that's funny. He reminds me of my DS who tries to avoid the camera at all cost not like when he was little and had to be in every photo. He was like the photo hijacker when he was little.:lmao: I have now mastered the technique of taking surprise photos of him.:rotfl:

I have to say that I have so far resisted the urge to pack.:scared::hyper: I don't know how much longer I can go. I try to rationalize it this way: I quite smoking over 18 years ago so I should be able to resist the packing bug. :laughing:

Did I sleep through it?

Good to see you KCmike! I see your pictures on the GF picture thread! Have a great trip...any pictures of "our sister resort" The Grand Californian, would be great to see!

CoachBagFanatic, less than a month to go! YAY :banana: You just need to get through a couple more weeks, then the time will pass quickly!

Sounds like there are a lot of trips coming up soon. Everyone get excited and remember to take and post pictures for those of us at home!!!

HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY!

Hi there!

I am new to this thread (new it Dis all around)...I have tried to read a lot of these posts...oh my what a thread ...so much info and a lot of opinions.

We have stayed at Gf 3 times before...once in a king standard RPC, once in an outer standard at SL, and then back in RPC standard. We have also stayed at Ak twice...last time in a 1 bed villa...loved the space but not the distance from MK etc.

I just booked a Deluxe King for January :yay:

I know that I can only request the turret style room, and from what I gather the best room is 4021...but I don't understand how the two different styles are the same booking price etc. The turret room is soooo much larger...and that is what we really want....I could care less about a jacuzzi tub. So, I am wondering what my options are??? Do I just pray my request comes through? Since there are 3 people on the ressie do you think that will help us get placed there by the room assigner? I don't want to have to pay for a 1 bed suite...but I guess that is the only way to guarantee the space we desire.

Do I have any options once I get there? If we get stuck with the smaller room, can (if available) just request to stay in a standard room...because they are the same size as the smaller King Deluxe, but a much better rate? Will they do that?

Or I guess another option is booking the Queen Deluxe...and then request a change to King Deluxe if and only if the turret style is available????

Sorry for the rambling...just looking for advice from all you GF experts!!!!!

Thank you sooooo much!
Bridget

CoachBagFanatic, less than a month to go! YAY :banana: You just need to get through a couple more weeks, then the time will pass quickly!

Sounds like there are a lot of trips coming up soon. Everyone get excited and remember to take and post pictures for those of us at home!!!

HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY!

You know I never thought of it that way. A couple of weeks. Oh I like that better than 28 days.;) I promise I will take lots of pictures while we are there. I am contemplating on bringing my lap top instead of my DH's lap top. This way I can put the photos on my lap top and not have to keep them on my camera. Also, I can post them nightly on the DIS. I think I will bring mine instead.

brsirak - :welcome: to the DIS and the FAQ. Kudos for making it through the entire thread!!

I'm surprised you were able to book a king deluxe with 3 people on the reservation; normally, the system will kick it out, as that category has a max occupancy of 2.:confused: If the queen deluxe is available, is there a reason you preferred the king deluxe? There is only one bed in that room, no daybed.

If you do keep the king deluxe, and do not want the second floor rooms, be sure to speak with IPO. They will tell you nothing is guaranteed, but they do try very hard to give the guests their requested room. Keep in mind, the turret rooms will overlook the construction, all are on that side of the resort.

beckysko - I do not have any 1-BR photos, but there might be some on the GF photo thread (in the photo forum of the Resorts Board, top of the page). Here is the link: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1768829

If anyone reading has photos of any of the suites, I'd love to see them! Pralines & Cheese was kind enough to provide the Grand Suite photos on the first page.:goodvibes

ETA: Oh, I forgot about oyster.com!! Here is the link to their 1-BR photo page: http://www.oyster.com/orlando/hotel...dian-resort-and-spa/photos/one-bedroom-suite/

CoachBagFanatic - LOL about resisting the urge to pack! Good luck, I hope you are able to hold firm.;) Maybe you can use an extra room to lay out some of your things? That might help you get the feel of packing, and is still within the "last minute packing" philosophy.;)

Good to see you KCmike! I see your pictures on the GF picture thread! Have a great trip...any pictures of "our sister resort" The Grand Californian, would be great to see!

I will pass them along. We've stayed there before but this time we are going cheaper because we are staying at the Hotel Del Coronado (think Grand Floridian but over 100 years earlier!!!!)

DSC00119.jpg

View out of our room (Pacific Ocean just to the left in this picture which is literally just outside the hotel door)
DSC00118.jpg

From the beach which was just rated #1 in America
DSCN4160.jpg

My family back in 2008
DSC00133.jpg

Thanks k&a&c'smom for the well wishes. We are all very excited. We can't wait to get away from Missouri. The kids nickname it the armpit of America. :lmao:

I will pass them along. We've stayed there before but this time we are going cheaper because we are staying at the Hotel Del Coronado (think Grand Floridian but over 100 years earlier!!!!)

DSC00119.jpg

View out of our room (Pacific Ocean just to the left in this picture which is literally just outside the hotel door)
DSC00118.jpg

From the beach which was just rated #1 in America
DSCN4160.jpg

My family back in 2008
DSC00133.jpg

Thanks k&a&c'smom for the well wishes. We are all very excited. We can't wait to get away from Missouri. The kids nickname it the armpit of America. :lmao:

Have you been across the border to Arkansas???

I kid, I kid!!!:rotfl2:
(I can say that, I live here.;))

Just wanted to say that those pics are beautiful!! I'd love to stay there someday!:cloud9:

Wait-- isn't that hotel haunted???:eek:

Have you been across the border to Arkansas???

I kid, I kid!!!:rotfl2:
(I can say that, I live here.;))

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: Armpit of America, I can't wait to pass that along to my kids. They all agree. We thought we lived in the most remote part of the state, until my two youngest went to Kirksville for college. As we drove up there to check out the school, my middle son said we had entered the black hole of Missouri - miles and miles of nothing.;)

I agree with JoBird, those photos are simply gorgeous and the resort looks so interesting. Love the movie, Some Like it Hot, but your photos make it look even more appealing.

Adorable family, btw.:goodvibes

brsirak

beckysko - I do not have any 1-BR photos, but there might be some on the GF photo thread (in the photo forum of the Resorts Board, top of the page). Here is the link: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1768829

If anyone reading has photos of any of the suites, I'd love to see them! Pralines & Cheese was kind enough to provide the Grand Suite photos on the first page.:goodvibes.;)

Thanks for the photos link! I am currently working my way through them all. If I can't find any, I'll be sure to put up pics of our suite - we're staying in a 1bdrm suite (not sure where or what kind?!) for dh's work conference, but I was hoping to get a 'sneak peak' before we go!

Thanks for the photos link! I am currently working my way through them all. If I can't find any, I'll be sure to put up pics of our suite - we're staying in a 1bdrm suite (not sure where or what kind?!) for dh's work conference, but I was hoping to get a 'sneak peak' before we go!

You didn't quote the oyster link - did you see it? It is a direct link to one bedroom photos at the GF.:thumbsup2

You didn't quote the oyster link - did you see it? It is a direct link to one bedroom photos at the GF.:thumbsup2

Thanks for drawing my attention to this, I didn't see it the first time....now I'm browsing the oyster site. Looks awesome! Thanks again!

k&a&c'smom
Thank you for the welcome:)

In the past we couldn't get the room...but they now will let you...which leads me to why we chose the King versus Queen (which I think is available)...my 7 yr. old likes to sleep with us...so vacation is a treat for her to do that...so we prefer the extra floor space if we are really going to all cuddle up!!!

I am just soooo nervous that we could get placed in the jacuzzi style...and if that happens my husband will be upset. I really don't understand how those two rooms are the same bookable category...oh what to do??????

But thank you for your thoughts!!!!

Bridget

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter