The Hot Fudge Terrorists and the Curse of the Drunken Punkin!!!New 04/24/14 pg 19

I hope everyone had a great holiday! I know a lot of people are super busy during this time so I will start up my posts again on Monday. To tied you over I thought I would share the holiday video I made of my family and friends!

Caitlin's Christmas Video

As much as I don't want to be tied, I did enjoy the video. Nice job.

Although I did ROFL at the dancing!

I think they used that white chocolate display at the Beach Club as part of the Christmas decor. They are all so beautiful and full of detail.

Funny, I randomly was looking for DL TRs and ran across yours. Your mom and I are FB friends either from a PP share or the October 2011 FB group. I see lots of photos of you all, fun to read the reports! Of course I had to follow the TR here now, too. We NLT have 14 days til my DD15 and I leave for DL which is why I was looking for a TR to read :)

That really is a gorgeous view and a great picture!

Thank you!

Look pretty darned yummy to me!

It looked good didn't taste as good! It was just a bit too sweet for me.

I'm with you on the coffee. Can't get the day started without being sufficiently caffeinated. I'm not a huge fan of Starbucks because I drink my coffee black and I find theirs to be a bit strong, plus they are always confused when I order just a "large black coffee" and don't use words like venti or leche.

I like Starbucks during the summer now. I am a huge fan of the coffee frappucino or the mocha one I had on vacation. During the winter I like Bigby or Mcdonald's.

I also agree with you about the pumpkin. The chocolate sample sounds interesting.

It was good!

The chocolate sculptures are AMAZING!!! What talented artists.

:worship:

It was very cool to see!

As much as I don't want to be tied, I did enjoy the video. Nice job.

Although I did ROFL at the dancing!

Glad you enjoyed it!

It was very funny!

I think they used that white chocolate display at the Beach Club as part of the Christmas decor. They are all so beautiful and full of detail.

I loved it! It was very cool to see!

Funny, I randomly was looking for DL TRs and ran across yours. Your mom and I are FB friends either from a PP share or the October 2011 FB group. I see lots of photos of you all, fun to read the reports! Of course I had to follow the TR here now, too. We NLT have 14 days til my DD15 and I leave for DL which is why I was looking for a TR to read :)

I hope you have a great trip!

Oh, and this August will be our third trip to BW, we love it there too!

It's gorgeous!!!

When I last left off we were saying goodbye to Epcot

And heading to our hotel for the rest of our stay which was POP! We love it here and whenever we stay at a value this is our choice! The CMS are amazing and we love the food!

We were located in the 50s and ground floor which is super close to the main building!

The last time we stayed we were also in this area.

We bummed around the resort for a bit

I love all of the colors!

One of my favorite resort bars

Just so pretty all around

We got ready and headed to the MK

We had a very important birthday dinner to go to!

We were very surprised to see the Christmas stuff up!

I love Christmas at Disney!

Nice to see the Castle without the crane!

We headed this way for dinner

We saw Gaston but I wasn't very impressed with him or the pictures we got :rotfl: He was very funny with the little kids though!

The must have shot of construction

Finally it was time for dinner

We had been watching the dining boards for weeks trying to get this ADR! As a huge BAB fan we had to eat at the castle for my bday!

The desserts

I started off with the Seasonal Salad Trio

Three Individual Bowls of:
Roasted Beet, Gold Raisin and Orange Salad
Green Been, Tomato and Roasted Shallot Salad
Watermelon, Radish, and Mint salad

It was very good!

While mom played it safe and went with the Garden Salad - with Champagne Vinaigrette

During our appetizers the master of ceremonies arrived

For our entrees I chose to try something new

Pan-seared Salmon on Leek Fondue - served with creamy saffron-crushed potatoes

It wasn't bad but not the best thing I have ever tasted

Mom went with her favorite the Grilled Strip Steak - with garlic-herb butter and pommes frites

It wasn't as good as the first time she had it either.

When dessert came out I was surprised with a candle in my cream puff!

Mom tried the Chocolate Cream Puff - filled with chocolate mousse topped with whipped cream

For some reason this time wasn't nearly as good or as magical as the first time we went. We will be going back in May since dad hasn't been but we probably won't be going back for a bit. It's definitely a place everyone needs to see once but after that it sort of loses the magic.

We made our way out of the castle to find our next adventure

Next up!
Ariel
Castle Lighting
Illuminations!

We love Pop as well - great layout, great food choices, great bus service. And when you're there, you KNOW you're at WDW!

Sorry BOG was disappointing. We had dinner there over Christmas (somehow snagged an ADR the week before) and enjoyed it, but have definitely had better food elsewhere. Our server was outstanding, though, and you could tell she loved her restaurant. I think I'll stick with the counter service there, and choose other options for table service.

Pop is such a great resort! It's been awhile since I've stayed there, but I love it there all the same.

Wow - if I had only stayed a few more days I would have gotten to see the MK Christmas decorations. Bummer.

Sorry your dinner wasn't quite as magical this time. Was your dessert gluten free? Denny and I had that salad trio and it was pretty yummy!

When I last left off we were saying goodbye to Epcot

Epcot is leaving????

:faint:

We were located in the 50s and ground floor which is super close to the main building!

Score!

We bummed around the resort for a bit

Did you have a licence?
You need one to panhandle in the Orlando area.

We got ready and headed to the MK

Naturally. What with Epcot having left, your choices are limited.

Nice to see the Castle without the crane!

It did take some of the magic away, didn't it?

We headed this way for dinner

Wait, I thought you said MK... but now you're on RNR?
(Head this way; Aerosmith)

The must have shot of construction

But of course.

I started off with the Seasonal Salad Trio

That looks good!

For our entrees I chose to try something new

Pan-seared Salmon on Leek Fondue - served with creamy saffron-crushed potatoes
It wasn't bad but not the best thing I have ever tasted

Too bad. A princess deserves to have a wonderful meal on her birthday.

When dessert came out I was surprised with a candle in my cream puff!

Aw, that's nice. At least you got to celebrate a little bit!

For some reason this time wasn't nearly as good or as magical as the first time we went. We will be going back in May since dad hasn't been but we probably won't be going back for a bit. It's definitely a place everyone needs to see once but after that it sort of loses the magic.

That's too bad.

Next up!
Ariel
Castle Lighting
Illuminations!

Can't wait! And thanks for all the pictures and the update! :goodvibes

We love Pop as well - great layout, great food choices, great bus service. And when you're there, you KNOW you're at WDW!

Sorry BOG was disappointing. We had dinner there over Christmas (somehow snagged an ADR the week before) and enjoyed it, but have definitely had better food elsewhere. Our server was outstanding, though, and you could tell she loved her restaurant. I think I'll stick with the counter service there, and choose other options for table service.

I agree! It is definitely one of our favorite resorts!

I think the counter service is horrible there! We went in May and the table service food was much better!

Pop is such a great resort! It's been awhile since I've stayed there, but I love it there all the same.

Wow - if I had only stayed a few more days I would have gotten to see the MK Christmas decorations. Bummer.

Sorry your dinner wasn't quite as magical this time. Was your dessert gluten free? Denny and I had that salad trio and it was pretty yummy!

It is our second home!

I know! That's one of the reasons we went at that time!

It was! It was a lemon cream puff. It was good!

Epcot is leaving????

:faint:

:rolleyes2 It's not leaving we only left it!

Score!

Did you have a licence?
You need one to panhandle in the Orlando area.

We didn't get in trouble thank goodness!

Naturally. What with Epcot having left, your choices are limited.

It did take some of the magic away, didn't it?

It did!

Wait, I thought you said MK... but now you're on RNR?
(Head this way; Aerosmith)

But of course.

That looks good!

It was!

Too bad. A princess deserves to have a wonderful meal on her birthday.

It wasn't my actual birthday so I was okay with it!:thumbsup2

Aw, that's nice. At least you got to celebrate a little bit!

That's too bad.

Can't wait! And thanks for all the pictures and the update! :goodvibes

I'm a little kid I still love a candle in my cake :rotfl: Who doesn't want to make a wish!

It was sad but oh well sometimes you have to remember you are at a restaurant and even Disney has less than magical experiences.

Thank you for reading!

Just found this, going back to read... :)

Welcome!

Hey Caitlin! Finally caught up on trip reports on the DIS and have time to sit down and comment! :thumbsup2

We :love: Pop, too! It's our favorite value and the 50's section is awesome!

Be Our Guest seems like the perfect birthday dinner. I'm sorry it wasn't as magical as the first time yall went, but glad it was still fun :) I need to try a snag an ADR there four September trip!

Hey Caitlin! Finally caught up on trip reports on the DIS and have time to sit down and comment! :thumbsup2

We :love: Pop, too! It's our favorite value and the 50's section is awesome!

Be Our Guest seems like the perfect birthday dinner. I'm sorry it wasn't as magical as the first time yall went, but glad it was still fun :) I need to try a snag an ADR there four September trip!

Glad you found some free time!

Agreed!

It's a good place to go and check out but for some reason just didn't seem as magical as it had been.

I just wanted to say great trip report. I enjoy reading trip reports where people seem to really enjoy all Disney has to offer and you seem to truly enjoy your time there.

On another note I found it interesting that there were several gluten free choices available, even beer.

I am having the blood test done to see if I suffer from gluten sensitivity so it is nice to see that there are food and beverage choices available. Of course I will miss my Maudite's, La fin du mondes and black and tans when it comes to beers but at least I will have some options.

One question though if I may, do you have to totally eliminate gluten containing foods or can some be tolerated at times?

Loved seeing the Christmas decorations - some day I hope to see them.
Sorry your experience at Be Our Guest wasn't as special. I really loved it there. Just wish they would have brought us the grey stuff. We were too full to order dessert for our anniversary so they didn't do anything extra for us.

■Orange Dole® Whip with Crème de Cacao White

It wasn't as good as the drunken dole whip they had for the Flower and Garden Festival :(

What is this you speak of? Drunken Dole Whip?? OMG! We will be there for Flower and Garden....I hope they have it again!!!

I love your photos....you have an eye for it!

I just wanted to say great trip report. I enjoy reading trip reports where people seem to really enjoy all Disney has to offer and you seem to truly enjoy your time there.

On another note I found it interesting that there were several gluten free choices available, even beer.

I am having the blood test done to see if I suffer from gluten sensitivity so it is nice to see that there are food and beverage choices available. Of course I will miss my Maudite's, La fin du mondes and black and tans when it comes to beers but at least I will have some options.

One question though if I may, do you have to totally eliminate gluten containing foods or can some be tolerated at times?

I'm glad you're enjoying the report! We do love Disney!

I was a porter girl and it was big change for me! You get used to it though!

I have to completely eliminate it from my diet. If I eat it my throat starts closing up or I get super sleepy very quickly depending on the amount in it.

Loved seeing the Christmas decorations - some day I hope to see them.
Sorry your experience at Be Our Guest wasn't as special. I really loved it there. Just wish they would have brought us the grey stuff. We were too full to order dessert for our anniversary so they didn't do anything extra for us.

Everyone needs to see them at least once!

Aw that's too bad! The grey stuff was cool to see but contains gluten so I can't eat it.

■Orange Dole® Whip with Crème de Cacao White

It wasn't as good as the drunken dole whip they had for the Flower and Garden Festival :(

What is this you speak of? Drunken Dole Whip?? OMG! We will be there for Flower and Garden....I hope they have it again!!!

I love your photos....you have an eye for it!

It's pineapple dole whip with rum. I'm hoping they have it again too!

Thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter