The Hot Fudge Terrorists and the Curse of the Drunken Punkin!!!New 04/24/14 pg 19

So when we last left off we were headed to the International Gateway to get our tickets!

This is the only picture I took because I thought the spider
web looked awesome!

With the military discount you have to buy your tickets at the parks so that was a must do for us so we could get our fastpass times figured out! When we got to the window we got our tickets easily but when it came to buying the party tickets the girl said the party was sold out! With the military tickets my mom read online that they save a set number for military since they can't buy their tickets ahead of time like everyone else. She relayed this message to the girl but the girl said we were out of luck. She sent us to another window to check but once we made it up there we were denied as well. :sad1: I was almost in tears! I had really been looking forward to the party and this vacation was supposed to make up for my really hard year!

We decided to head back to the hotel so we could check out our room, I could get our fast passes figured out and mom could talk to the concierge CMs to see if there was anything that could be done. Not only had we been planning on this but we had tickets to the dessert party that night as well!

First meet our room!

After taking pictures I headed out on the deck to do our fast passes while mom headed to the concierge desk. I really hate having to plan out our fast passes and I am pretty sure we ended up changing the times 4 or 5 times before we used them :rotfl: While I was finishing up mom came back with this

and the news that we could get our tickets!!! We just had to get them at the Magic Kingdom! With that good news we tried to figure out what to do next. Our bags hadn't arrived so I couldn't head to the gym like I had planned so the idea came up to rent a surrey bike. They are those bikes you can see around the Boardwalk or the Port Orleans resorts. I thought why not since I needed my work out anyway.

Let me tell you those things are a lot harder to peddle than they look! We got our bike and began our tour around the Epcot area. We never realized how hilly it was! The area around Epcot and the Swan and Dolphin bridge are ridiculous! We had people laughing at us because we had the hardest time getting up these! I was doing most of the peddling starting off and the first go around wasn't bad but the second time mom and I both needed to peddle up those hills! At some points we would start rolling backwards! Mom actually hopped off the bike our final time up the Swolphin bridge and even then I couldn't get it up by myself!

Needless to say we were beat after and I went upstairs and fell asleep!

Once I woke up we decided to head to Downtown Disney. On our way out of the hotel we walked past Taylor Hanson!!!!!!! Mom turned to me after we walked past him and was like he looked important and I was like yeah he's in Hanson!!!! It was pretty cool seeing a celebrity at our resort!

Once we got to DTD the shopping began!

We mainly just roamed around

Checked out the new volcano

Said hello to some dinosaurs

And checked out the set up for the Festival of the Masters

We were headed to Crush but the old location was shut down!

So we just headed back to the bust stop

Seeing fall and Christmas was a bit odd!

When we got back to the resort we went to relax a bit before dinner

The dinner selection was very good

For some reason my gluten allergy didn't show up on the reservation but luckily another family had a gluten allergy so they did have gluten free beer!

After dinner we headed back to the room and mom took a nap until we got ready to go party! We had some dessert and I tried out Crowne Royale for the first time and then it was time to head to our favorite bar!

I think the Boardwalk looks better at night!

Jellyrolls was our destination!

It opened up a bit later tonight due to a private party for some company. When we walked in they were just switching over piano players

The one on the left is my boyfriend and I am now his groupie :laughing: When we walked in they asked if anyone had been before and we raised our hands. They asked where we were from and I said Michigan and we were celebrating my birthday! This led to the most fun I have ever had at a bar! For those who don't know Jellyrolls is a dueling piano bar and they play whatever the audience requests! They asked me what I wanted them to play for me and I said surprise me! Well my boyfriend played Call Me Maybe and changed it to Call Me Caitlin! It was so much fun! When the next two pianists came out they also acknowledged my birthday and called up two other guys who were celebrating their birthdays. I didn't have a birthday button so they made me and the one pianist asked the other how to spell my name

"C-A-I with a mickey on top-T-L-I with a heart on top-N"

That is now how you spell my name. The piano player messed up the first time so ended up wearing a birthday button saying Kaitlyn for the rest of the night! They called the three of us up to play a game where they sing My Bonnie and we have to stand up and sit down every time they say a B. I am pretty sure this is supposed to be difficult if you are drunk but I wasn't and did great! We ended up staying through their set to wait for my boyfriend to come back out. When they did they played my request for Don't Stop Believin and later on my boyfriend asked me how I was doing and I said good but I was waiting for Nsync which was my other request. He said he didn't think anyone knew Nsync but he would sing me a song now and wait for the switch over and all four would sing me a song. He ended up singing me an R Kelly song and mom and I waited for them to switch over. One of the piano players left so two others and my boyfriend sang me Backstreet Boys' I Want It That Way. Not before the piano player with my name tag on yelled Caitlin and showed me he was still wearing the pin! If you know the song there is a big part in the middle where it's like I don't want to here you sayyyy and my boyfriend sang that song and pointed at me! It was the best first night of a trip ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Next up
Trying to find something to do in Epcot

What a pretty room. The carpet, carousel painting, and the shower curtain are the same as what's in the villa. But the beds in the hotel room are so much prettier.

I'm so glad you were able to get your party tickets. That would have been terrible.

Those surrey bikes look painful. Seriously - I have watched far too many people try to get up that hill leading towards Epcot. Denny asked me if we should rent one and I said, "no way. I'll ride the bike in the gym". :rotfl2:

Yay for gluten free beer. How does it taste?

What a fun night a Jelly Rolls. It looks like a blast and what a great way to celebrate your birthday.

Lastly, I AM SO EXCITED THAT OUR TRIPS ARE OVERLAPPING AGAIN, BUT WAY BETTER THIS TIME! HOW GREAT IS THAT?????? :cheer2::cool1::cheer2:

So excited!

Just so there is no confusion....she is totally joking about the piano player being her bf :)

I totally recommend JellyRolls for anyone 21+! It is absolutely the most fun, outside the parks, at WDW! :thumbsup2

What a pretty room. The carpet, carousel painting, and the shower curtain are the same as what's in the villa. But the beds in the hotel room are so much prettier.

We did like the beds better but the comforters are prettier in the villas.

I'm so glad you were able to get your party tickets. That would have been terrible.

I would have been very upset but we had talked about going to Harry Potterworld instead if we hadn't been able to go.

Those surrey bikes look painful. Seriously - I have watched far too many people try to get up that hill leading towards Epcot. Denny asked me if we should rent one and I said, "no way. I'll ride the bike in the gym". :rotfl2:

:rotfl: Yeah I never realized how hard it was!

Yay for gluten free beer. How does it taste?

It was good! You kind of get used to it after a while.

What a fun night a Jelly Rolls. It looks like a blast and what a great way to celebrate your birthday.

Lastly, I AM SO EXCITED THAT OUR TRIPS ARE OVERLAPPING AGAIN, BUT WAY BETTER THIS TIME! HOW GREAT IS THAT?????? :cheer2::cool1::cheer2:

So excited!

It was such a fun night! We should do a DISmeet there in May!!!!

It will be so much fun!!

My family and I just got back from a split stay at AKV and BWV over Thanksgiving break. We had never been to the BWV. I love that area! So beautiful and a short walk to DHS and Epcot. We kept meaning to rent a Surrey bike, but ran out of time. Good to know that they are harder to pedal than they look! Looking forward to reading more!

My family and I just got back from a split stay at AKV and BWV over Thanksgiving break. We had never been to the BWV. I love that area! So beautiful and a short walk to DHS and Epcot. We kept meaning to rent a Surrey bike, but ran out of time. Good to know that they are harder to pedal than they look! Looking forward to reading more!

It sounds like you had a great trip!

It is such a beautiful area!

You should be very happy you didn't rent one! I am assuming your family would be more than two people and we ran in to a family that needed a stranger to help push their bike up later on in the week :rotfl:

I've read good things about Jellyrolls, and am thinking about checking it out when I go down to Walt Disney World in a couple weeks. Does the Boardwalk Resort have temporary parking for people who are staying off-site, but want to visit the Boardwalk?

I've read good things about Jellyrolls, and am thinking about checking it out when I go down to Walt Disney World in a couple weeks. Does the Boardwalk Resort have temporary parking for people who are staying off-site, but want to visit the Boardwalk?

They do you can just park in their regular parking lot and tell the security gaurd you are just visiting.

It sounds like you had a great trip!

It is such a beautiful area!

You should be very happy you didn't rent one! I am assuming your family would be more than two people and we ran in to a family that needed a stranger to help push their bike up later on in the week :rotfl:

Yeah, there would have been my 14 year old son, 9 year old daughter, my husband and myself on the Surrey. :)

Yeah, there would have been my 14 year old son, 9 year old daughter, my husband and myself on the Surrey. :)

Oh geez that would have been rough!
I'm here! Missed the start apparently, but I'm here now. :goodvibes

Welcome!!

And here's some good news - We are ALL going to be there at the same time in May. Caitlin, I love your idea of Jelly Rolls for a DIS meet! :cool1:

Ooohhhh!!!!! Jellyrolls! I'm down. :-)

Can't wait!!!!!!!

you & your mom's TRs are so great to read, so joining in here and your DL one. i love the photos of the epcot resort area. i'm staying at yacht club for the first time in february, so seeing your pictures made me so excited!!

you & your mom's TRs are so great to read, so joining in here and your DL one. i love the photos of the epcot resort area. i'm staying at yacht club for the first time in february, so seeing your pictures made me so excited!!

Thank you!

It's such a pretty area!

I hope you enjoy your stay there!

Trapeze artist!
Sorry.

I know I realized I wasn't quite clear with that lol

Apparently, neither was I.
When I said "Trapeze artist!", I was yelling out my guess for the next most common answer to the Family Feud question on the TV.

I would love to be able to meet you and your family!

Well, you'd probably like my family, but I am really a horrible person.

Really, I don't know why they put up with me.

But....

Summer 2015.

This is the only picture I took because I thought the spider
web looked awesome!

Yes and no.
Looks awesome? ::yes::
Walking into it and then waving hands frantically while screaming, "Get it off me! Get it off me!" :sad2:

With the military discount you have to buy your tickets at the parks so that was a must do for us so we could get our fastpass times figured out!

I wonder why you can only buy them at the parks?
Did you have some kind of military ID that you had to show?

when it came to buying the party tickets the girl said the party was sold out!

What???
Did you tell them that you had thousands of readers who required you to attend?

I was almost in tears! I had really been looking forward to the party and this vacation was supposed to make up for my really hard year!

Yeah!
Give her some tickets!

First meet our room!

:wave: Hi room! Nice to meet'cha.

Wasn't it uncomfortable having that window there with people taking your picture?

OMG! There she is again!
You're being stalked!!!
Run, Caitlin! Run like the wind!

I really hate having to plan out our fast passes and I am pretty sure we ended up changing the times 4 or 5 times before we used them :rotfl:

Huh. Interesting.

While I was finishing up mom came back with this and the news that we could get our tickets!!!

:yay:

Let me tell you those things are a lot harder to peddle than they look!

Fell over lots, hunh?

Mom actually hopped off the bike our final time up the Swolphin bridge and even then I couldn't get it up by myself!

:rotfl:

On our way out of the hotel we walked past Taylor Hanson!!!!!!! Mom turned to me after we walked past him and was like he looked important and I was like yeah he's in Hanson!!!! It was pretty cool seeing a celebrity at our resort!

I'm lousy at Celeb spotting. I just don't recognize them.
I'm probably too busy just trying to watch where I'm going.

So we just headed back to the bust stop

That sounds like something I'd be interested in.

:rolleyes1

For some reason my gluten allergy didn't show up on the reservation but luckily another family had a gluten allergy so they did have gluten free beer!

And how was it?

After dinner we headed back to the room and mom took a nap until we got ready to go party!

A couple of wild and crazy girls!
So far I think you've napped three times so far today.

I think the Boardwalk looks better at night!

Very nice pics. :thumbsup2

The one on the left is my boyfriend and I am now his groupie

Congrats!
:rolleyes:

They asked where we were from and I said Michigan and we were celebrating my birthday! This led to the most fun I have ever had at a bar!

That's great! :)

"C-A-I with a mickey on top-T-L-I with a heart on top-N"

That is now how you spell my name.

Well okay, but it's gonna be tough finding the right font.

The piano player messed up the first time so ended up wearing a birthday button saying Kaitlyn for the rest of the night!

:laughing:

They called the three of us up to play a game where they sing My Bonnie and we have to stand up and sit down every time they say a B. I am pretty sure this is supposed to be difficult if you are drunk but I wasn't and did great!

Oh, that's too bad.

I mean.... way to go!

Plus... Man, there's a lot of 'B's in that song!
Good thing you're in shape!

It was the best first night of a trip ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sounds like you had a blast....
but I hate to tell you that I think your keyboard is stuck. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the chapter! :goodvibes

Just so there is no confusion....she is totally joking about the piano player being her bf :)

Mom to the rescue! :rotfl2:
Of course I'm teasing, I think it's cute.

Apparently, neither was I.
When I said "Trapeze artist!", I was yelling out my guess for the next most common answer to the Family Feud question on the TV.

Ah I thought you meant you had to be one to get to the food in that lobby :rotfl:

Well, you'd probably like my family, but I am really a horrible person.

Really, I don't know why they put up with me.

But....

Summer 2015.

Oh no!!! We are trying to go to DL that year :sad2::worried:

Yes and no.
Looks awesome? ::yes::
Walking into it and then waving hands frantically while screaming, "Get it off me! Get it off me!" :sad2:

I wonder why you can only buy them at the parks?
Did you have some kind of military ID that you had to show?

Yes you have to show your id but you can book rooms ahead of time and just show your id there so I don't know why you can't do the same with the tickets :confused3

What???
Did you tell them that you had thousands of readers who required you to attend?

Everything worked out okay in the end!

Yeah!
Give her some tickets!

:wave: Hi room! Nice to meet'cha.

Wasn't it uncomfortable having that window there with people taking your picture?

OMG! There she is again!
You're being stalked!!!
Run, Caitlin! Run like the wind!

Huh. Interesting.

Yeah we weren't huge fans of this because we tend to be a bit more spontaneous than our fast pass times allowed us to be.

:yay:

Fell over lots, hunh?

Fell backwards!

I'm lousy at Celeb spotting. I just don't recognize them.
I'm probably too busy just trying to watch where I'm going.

Well we passed up David Beckham at DL so I have been on the look out ever since!

That sounds like something I'd be interested in.

:rolleyes1

And how was it?

It was good. You get used to it after a while and it comes to the point where it's like gluten free beer is better than no beer!

A couple of wild and crazy girls!
So far I think you've napped three times so far today.

We are big on napping!

Very nice pics. :thumbsup2

Congrats!
:rolleyes:

That's great! :)

Well okay, but it's gonna be tough finding the right font.

:laughing:

Oh, that's too bad.

I mean.... way to go!

Plus... Man, there's a lot of 'B's in that song!
Good thing you're in shape!

Well I had, had a few but when it comes to being in front of a large group of people I sober up!

Sounds like you had a blast....
but I hate to tell you that I think your keyboard is stuck. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the chapter! :goodvibes

Mom to the rescue! :rotfl2:
Of course I'm teasing, I think it's cute.

Yes I wish I wasn't joking but oh well!

Thank you for reading!

We woke up bright and early the next morning to make it to rope drop EMH at Epcot. When it came to booking out Fast Passes at Epcot they were trying out a new system where you could only get one E ticket ride FP and then could get two lesser rides. This meant we had a FP for TestTrack, Captain Eo and Figment. This morning we were hoping to get the rest of the front of Epcot done before heading back to World Showcase.

We began our walk from the Boardwalk to the International Gateway

Love that view!

After waiting what seemed like forever we were allowed in!

These signs made me so excited!

Love the dead look of World Showcase!

The United Kingdom was decorated for Guy Fawkes Day. The "Gunpowder Plot" attempted by Guy Fawkes failed when he was captured before he could blow up the English Parliament. Guy Fawkes Day is celebrated every November 5th in Britain to celebrate his failure to blow up all the members of Parliament and King James I.

It looked so pretty and festive!

They had also added the Mary Poppins topiary to this area.

I just love this walk in the morning!

Canada I was upset we missed the movie again but besides running in to Epcot a couple times we didn't spend much time here!

It was weird seeing someone fish in the lagoon!

We made our way to the imagination pavilion

I love all of the colors in this area!

The usual Disney bird pic

When we made it over there it was closed! :confused3

So we asked what was open and the CM responded with everything else so we headed here

To ride Livin with the Land

Well that was closed too!

So we headed to the Seas and that area was closed too! There was nothing open besides Test Track and Soarin!

So we decided we would have a coffee break

Starbucks was closed too! Literally everything was shut down this morning! We weren't sure if it was due to the new Fast Pass system or the fact that when we looked at the park schedule for today it wasn't listed as having EMH :confused3 It was weird and we both agreed we would have stayed in bed if we had known!

We tried to figure out what to do and decided we may as well ride Test Track

I love this picture!

In to Test Track we went!

Welcome to the showroom!

This is a pretty boring line now so luckily it moved pretty quickly!

Before we knew it we were getting ready to design our car!

After our ride which was fun we headed back outside

I was so excited to finally see this!!!

It was closer to 9 now so we figured we would check out Figment again!

and guess what?!?!

He was awake!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I always love this ride and will miss it when they shut it down!

Idk about you but just seeing this picture I can hear the music in my head :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter