The Hot Fudge Terrorists and the Curse of the Drunken Punkin!!!New 04/24/14 pg 19

I'm following. We're WDW vets but are about to embark on our very first DLR trip in 4 days.....so I'm following both of your reports :thumbsup2

I hope you have a great trip!

Subbing! I always enjoy your trip reports. I've just made reservations for a last minute December trip, as I had a week of vacation left for this year (use it or lose it!) so what better place to go? I have reserved a Candlelight Processional package, so I am looking forward to that as well.:thumbsup2

I hope you have a great trip!

I just love Disney at Christmastime!

Can't wait to read more!

More coming up!

It was an early morning for my mom, dad and I! We had to leave the house by 530 in order to make it to the airport to check in for our flight. My mom and I were hyped up on Disney excitement though! This trip seemed pretty surreal since we had gone to Disney so many times this year already and it snuck up on us with how busy the past couple months had been!

When we got to the airport we said our goodbyes, checked our bags and headed for security. The line was insane! Luckily it moved pretty quickly but when I tried to get through my bag was taken :eek: One of the TSA agents pulled me aside to go through my bag. Well we had a DISmeet with the lovely MEK on our first day and we had bought her some of the famous Michigan made Sanders hot fudge. It was too big to be allowed on the plane :sad2: It was a tiny little package and all sealed up but we couldn't bring it. Luckily we had also bought chocolate for her or else our entire present would have been taken!

After that fiasco we tried to find some food. Finding gluten free food at an airport is a bit challenging! By the time we found it our plane was boarding! It wasn't a full flight so my mom and I got a row to ourselves. (With Southwest you board according to number and don't have assigned seats. It's first come first serve.)

After we were done eating my mom got up to throw her food away. Well it was during the lock down of the plane so she got yelled at by one of the flight attendants! We were not having good luck so far!

I watched the sunrise

Then fell asleep!

I was out of it for most of the flight and woke up to play Uno with my mom. Before we know it we are being told we are landing in Florida!!!!!!!!!! I always love that feeling!:cool1:

We hurried off the plane and boarded our first ride of the trip!

When we got to the Magical Express area our magic bands didn't work so we had to use the booklet. We had two different reservations for our trip and didn't get our magic bands for our first half of the trip ahead of time.

The ME area was dead!!!

We had a bus to ourselves so we grabbed the first seats hoping for a good picture of the gates!

After waiting for what seemed like forever more people got on and we headed to WDW!

Those first row seats paid off!

Crossing over into Disney property is amazing! You leave all your cares behind and just focus on the fun!

We stopped at one hotel then arrived at our hotel for the night!

We were staying concierge level at Boardwalk! This is my favorite resort so of course I was excited!

I just love this hotel!

We checked in then made our way to the concierge room

This is where they set up all the food and beverages throughout the day

The view from the concierge room

It's not much of one and I wish it was over more and overlooked the Boardwalk! One of the things we liked better about DL concierge was the fact they play Disney movies all day! AT WDW they always have on the news and who wants to watch the news on vacation :confused3

Before we left we ran in to a CM who commented on my Darth Vader sweatshirt. It turns out the guy who played Bobba Fett in the original movies stays at Boardwalk!

We had been texting with MEK so it was time to go over and meet her!

Such a beautiful area!

This area had been somewhat redone. I didn't remember Cat Kora's picture being there before.

My favorite half of the Boardwalk!

Although we did agree Beach Club concierge was better!

Home sweet home!

I love this slide although this trip it was way too cold to swim! I don't know how young kids enjoy pools when it is so cold!

I cannot get enough of this view!

I love this picture!

If you can't guess by now we were headed to Beaches and Cream!

We met MEK and her husband Denny outside the restaurant and exchanged gifts and hugs! We have known her since we started the DIS boards so we were very excited to meet her!

It wasn't long before the restaurant opened and we headed inside for more talking and some food! It was fun hearing about their trip and Food and Wine! It was my first time getting to experience it so I made sure to ask what drinks I should try!

Our food eventually came and we didn't choose anything exciting

My mom got her usual hot dog

and I got

gluten free grilled cheese! Which may not seem that exciting but tasted amazing!

None of us opted for dessert and it was time for MEK and Denny to head out for their flight. We said our goodbyes but of course got a picture first!

It was great meeting them! MEK is every bit as funny and great to talk to as she was on the boards and Denny must be used to DISmeets by now because my mom and were surprised by how talkative he was :rotfl: In the past MEK has said he was weary of DISmeets so it was nice to get a chance to get to know him too! It was an amazing lunch so thank you again MEK!

After our lunch we headed to get our tickets. I will leave you there!

Next up:
MVMCP Drama
The Surrey Bike of Doom
Our brush with a celebrity
The first night of the Drunken Punkin!

Looking forward to another great trip report from you. You always do such a good job with relating your trip in a way that makes me feel as if I am right there with you. One question, does your husband get jealous that you get to go so often without him? If I had a beautiful wife like you i'd never let you go without me!!!!

Looking forward to another great trip report from you. You always do such a good job with relating your trip in a way that makes me feel as if I am right there with you. One question, does your husband get jealous that you get to go so often without him? If I had a beautiful wife like you i'd never let you go without me!!!!

Thank you!.

I'll be following along - love your trip reports & all the gorgeous photos you take.

Happy belated b-day. =)

DSC07911_zpseeac99a9.jpg
[/URL]

The view from the concierge room

Funny to see that Family Feud was on the TV in the concierge room! I used to love that show when Richard Dawson was the host. I even had (have) the home version of the game!

Yay! :cool1: We meet! :cool1:

While Denny and I were driving over to meet you he said, "Are your friends still on the magical mystery tour…hum…I mean magical express?" :rotfl2:

That totally cracked me up! In fact, I might use that in my TR title. :rolleyes1

I am so happy we finally got to meet. I really enjoyed lunch and my grilled cheese sandwich was also really yummy. I will definitely be having another one of those.

I really hope our trips overlap again in the future. :thumbsup2

I love that the CL overlooks my favorite pool. I absolutely love the quiet pool at the Boardwalk. I seriously could live there. That lounge is really cute.
Did you guys LOVE staying there? Wait, that's a silly question. :rotfl2:

Oh, the Boardwalk! We love it soooooo much! :lovestruc

I always intend to go to B&C, and then I always totally forget about it! :scared: The thought of being able to have a gluten-free grilled cheese, however, is VERY appealing, and it looked yummy!

We would live to stay at Boardwalk next trip. We only had a little bit of time last December when we checked out their Christmas decorations. The location is great and we loved seeing the bell choir play the night we did the illuminations cruise.

My apologies Catlain. I had no idea.......I will take my foot out of my mouth and just silently follow along. I'm such an idiot.

Funny to see that Family Feud was on the TV in the concierge room! I used to love that show when Richard Dawson was the host. I even had (have) the home version of the game!

It's a good show but we missed the Disney movies!

Yay! :cool1: We meet! :cool1:

While Denny and I were driving over to meet you he said, "Are your friends still on the magical mystery tour…hum…I mean magical express?" :rotfl2:

That totally cracked me up! In fact, I might use that in my TR title. :rolleyes1

I am so happy we finally got to meet. I really enjoyed lunch and my grilled cheese sandwich was also really yummy. I will definitely be having another one of those.

I really hope our trips overlap again in the future. :thumbsup2

I love that the CL overlooks my favorite pool. I absolutely love the quiet pool at the Boardwalk. I seriously could live there. That lounge is really cute.
Did you guys LOVE staying there? Wait, that's a silly question. :rotfl2:

lol He is still learning!

Mine was good too! The cheese was different and made it that much better!

Me too!

If it was warmer I would have been down at the pool!

Our one night was enough! We had fun but we don't enjoy the whole sharing bus business.

p.s. Love your pictures of the boardwalk and beach club!

Thank you!

We would live to stay at Boardwalk next trip. We only had a little bit of time last December when we checked out their Christmas decorations. The location is great and we loved seeing the bell choir play the night we did the illuminations cruise.

It's such a great resort!

My apologies Catlain. I had no idea.......I will take my foot out of my mouth and just silently follow along. I'm such an idiot.

It's fine I am sorry I was so harsh! It's a touchy subject.

The Boardwalk is my happy place. Enjoying your report.

Mine too!

Thank yoU!

Busy, busy, busy, busy...
But I've got a couple of free minutes now to comment, so
On your mark, get set, go!

It was an early morning for my mom, dad and I! We had to leave the house by 530 in order to make it to the airport to check in for our flight.

I feel bad for you and your mom, having to get up that early.
Not for your dad, though.
That's our job.

My mom and I were hyped up on Disney excitement though!

Oh, really? :rolleyes:

This trip seemed pretty surreal since we had gone to Disney so many times this year already and it snuck up on us with how busy the past couple months had been!

Ruby, who is not a big Disney fan, can't believe when I tell her that there are people who go multiple times in a year.

when I tried to get through my bag was taken :eek: One of the TSA agents pulled me aside to go through my bag.

Caitlin, our representative for the criminal element.
You're bad-@** girl!

Well we had a DISmeet with the lovely MEK on our first day and we had bought her some of the famous Michigan made Sanders hot fudge. It was too big to be allowed on the plane

:confused3 I don't get that at all.
I looked at the TSA website to confirm.

I quote:
Solid food items (not liquids or gels) can be transported in either your carry-on or checked baggage. Liquid or gel food items larger than 3.4 oz are not permitted in carry-on baggage and should be placed in your checked baggage if possible.

So assuming that it wasn't melted and now liquid, there shouldn't have been a problem as far as I can see.

The site does say that TSA does have the final say, though.

Oh, wait.
I just reread that.
Hot fudge.
As in pour it on ice cream?
As in liquid?

nevermind.

Bad girl!

After that fiasco we tried to find some food.

Might I recommend some fudge?

It wasn't a full flight so my mom and I got a row to ourselves.

Nice!

(With Southwest you board according to number and don't have assigned seats. It's first come first serve.)

How do you get those numbers? Is it in order that you booked the flight? Or check in?

After we were done eating my mom got up to throw her food away.

Young lady, do you know how many children are starving in (insert country of your choice here)?

Oh, the wasted opportunities to get back at your mother for all the times she said that to you when you were little.

Well it was during the lock down of the plane so she got yelled at by one of the flight attendants!

Looks like that bad-@** trait runs in the family!

Before we know it we are being told we are landing in Florida!!!!!!!!!! I always love that feeling!:cool1:

::yes::

We hurried off the plane and boarded our first ride of the trip!

That's one of the best, isn't it?

When we got to the Magical Express area our magic bands didn't work so we had to use the booklet. We had two different reservations for our trip and didn't get our magic bands for our first half of the trip ahead of time.

Too bad. I'd like to know how they worked.

We had a bus to ourselves so we grabbed the first seats hoping for a good picture of the gates!

Score on the plane.
Score on the bus.

I dunno, but that's not too shabby in my book.

Those first row seats paid off!

Nice pics.

Crossing over into Disney property is amazing! You leave all your cares behind and just focus on the fun!

I know! I love that feeling.

This is where they set up all the food and beverages throughout the day

OMG! Really! And do people just plunge to their deaths trying to reach the food??? :eek:

Trapeze artist!

Sorry.

One of the things we liked better about DL concierge was the fact they play Disney movies all day! AT WDW they always have on the news and who wants to watch the news on vacation :confused3

You're right.
Wonder why they do it differently?

Before we left we ran in to a CM who commented on my Darth Vader sweatshirt. It turns out the guy who played Bobba Fett in the original movies stays at Boardwalk!

Cool!

I didn't remember Cat Kora's picture being there before.

Oh, no! Senility setting in at such a young age.
Sad.

ok, jk.

I love this slide although this trip it was way too cold to swim! I don't know how young kids enjoy pools when it is so cold!

That slide looks awesome.
When my DDs were younger, we'd go to the lake and they'd be in the water all day... water that's just a couple of degrees this side of being called 'ice'.

Now that we have a heated pool, they won't so much as stick a toe in cold water. :laughing:

If you can't guess by now we were headed to Beaches and Cream!

<whimper>
Some day... some day...

We met MEK and her husband Denny outside the restaurant and exchanged gifts and hugs! We have known her since we started the DIS boards so we were very excited to meet her!

That's really great. I hope to be able to meet some un-met friends at Disney some day.

It was my first time getting to experience it so I made sure to ask what drinks I should try!

Heh.

All of them! :laughing:

Our food eventually came and we didn't choose anything exciting

Oh, I dunno. Looks pretty good to me.
It doesn't always have to be lobster and caviar, right?

None of us opted for dessert

Oh? Not even a little kitchen sink?
To go?
:rolleyes1:

and it was time for MEK and Denny to head out for their flight.

Nice that your trips overlapped just enough to meet.

A lovely picture of three lovely ladies.

MEK is every bit as funny and great to talk to as she was on the boards and Denny must be used to DISmeets by now because my mom and were surprised by how talkative he was :rotfl:

:laughing:

Next up:
MVMCP Drama
The Surrey Bike of Doom
Our brush with a celebrity
The first night of the Drunken Punkin!

Whoa! The 'Next up' sounds packed chock full of stuff!
Thanks for the update Caitlin! :goodvibes

I LOVE the boardwalk! The thought of a chance original Star wars encounter is pretty awesome!

Looking forward to hearing more

Joining in! The title of this TR has me excited to see what will happen!

Thank you for joining us!

Busy, busy, busy, busy...
But I've got a couple of free minutes now to comment, so
On your mark, get set, go!

Glad you got some free time!

I feel bad for you and your mom, having to get up that early.
Not for your dad, though.
That's our job.

It was a rough morning for all of us. Dad was fine with waking up that early just not okay with being left behind!

Oh, really? :rolleyes:

Ruby, who is not a big Disney fan, can't believe when I tell her that there are people who go multiple times in a year.

This was a crazy year for us!

Caitlin, our representative for the criminal element.
You're bad-@** girl!

I know I'm trouble!

:confused3 I don't get that at all.
I looked at the TSA website to confirm.

I quote:
Solid food items (not liquids or gels) can be transported in either your carry-on or checked baggage. Liquid or gel food items larger than 3.4 oz are not permitted in carry-on baggage and should be placed in your checked baggage if possible.

So assuming that it wasn't melted and now liquid, there shouldn't have been a problem as far as I can see.

The site does say that TSA does have the final say, though.

Oh, wait.
I just reread that.
Hot fudge.
As in pour it on ice cream?
As in liquid?

nevermind.

Bad girl!

Technically I guess it's a liquid we just never thought about it in terms of food before :confused3

Might I recommend some fudge?

Nice!

How do you get those numbers? Is it in order that you booked the flight? Or check in?

It's based on when you check in

Young lady, do you know how many children are starving in (insert country of your choice here)?

Oh, the wasted opportunities to get back at your mother for all the times she said that to you when you were little.

:lmao:

Looks like that bad-@** trait runs in the family!

I have to get it from somewhere!

::yes::

That's one of the best, isn't it?

It is!

Too bad. I'd like to know how they worked.

You will hear all about it soon!
Score on the plane.
Score on the bus.

I dunno, but that's not too shabby in my book.

Nice pics.

I know! I love that feeling.

pixiedust:

OMG! Really! And do people just plunge to their deaths trying to reach the food??? :eek:

Trapeze artist!

Sorry.

I know I realized I wasn't quite clear with that lol

You're right.
Wonder why they do it differently?

No idea but they shouldn't!

Cool!

Oh, no! Senility setting in at such a young age.
Sad.

ok, jk.

:mad:

That slide looks awesome.
When my DDs were younger, we'd go to the lake and they'd be in the water all day... water that's just a couple of degrees this side of being called 'ice'.

Now that we have a heated pool, they won't so much as stick a toe in cold water. :laughing:

I could never have done that!

<whimper>
Some day... some day...

It's so good!

That's really great. I hope to be able to meet some un-met friends at Disney some day.

I would love to be able to meet you and your family!

Heh.

All of them! :laughing:

Oh, I dunno. Looks pretty good to me.
It doesn't always have to be lobster and caviar, right?

True!

Oh? Not even a little kitchen sink?
To go?
:rolleyes1:

Too full!

Nice that your trips overlapped just enough to meet.

Our May trips overlap too!

A lovely picture of three lovely ladies.

Thank you!

:laughing:

Whoa! The 'Next up' sounds packed chock full of stuff!
Thanks for the update Caitlin! :goodvibes

Thanks for reading!

I LOVE the boardwalk! The thought of a chance original Star wars encounter is pretty awesome!

Looking forward to hearing more

I am guessing they stay here during Star Wars Weekends? :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter