• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Hot Fudge Terrorists and the Curse of the Drunken Punkin!!!New 04/24/14 pg 19

I noticed those "doggy bathrooms" for the first time on our last visit... Makes me wonder what brought that about. :scared:

Such great photos - thanks for sharing!

Awesome pictures of Illuminations!!

I just caught up on Danielle's TR and she was doing a DHS portion too...now I am sufficiently desiring a day of ToT, RnR, TSMM and Walt at One Man's Dream!! :goodvibes Sounds like a really fun morning thus far!!

I will always compare WDW to DL and HS to CA now! HS definitely feels lesser even though it's my second favorite park. It feels so similar yet so different than CA. I hope they add something as equally as awesome as Carsland to pep it up. It has my 3 favorite rides, but there just needs to be more.

You can't help but compare them!

Agreed! DHS has a lot of potential just needs to be executed!

I noticed those "doggy bathrooms" for the first time on our last visit... Makes me wonder what brought that about. :scared:

Such great photos - thanks for sharing!

I find it so funny!

Thank you for reading!

Awesome pictures of Illuminations!!

I just caught up on Danielle's TR and she was doing a DHS portion too...now I am sufficiently desiring a day of ToT, RnR, TSMM and Walt at One Man's Dream!! :goodvibes Sounds like a really fun morning thus far!!

Thank you!

I miss DHS can't wait to go back!

It was!

I know I read this update already, but I didn't notice what you were wearing until now. Are those star war pants? What do you have on? I must know. :rotfl2:

Anyway - Hope you guys post a new update soon! Just checkin' in!

I am! They have Darth Vader on them!

Coming up!

Hey everyone!

Sorry for being a bit neglectful of this TR! Between school and my internship and the fact I am rarely ever on a computer now (except when homework needs to be done) I have been a bad DISer! I will try to do better I promise!

We left off with us heading to lunch at the 50s PrimeTime Cafe!

This is definitely one of my favorite restaurants!

It doesn't hurt that one of my favorite bars are located here as well!

I also love the decor!

While we were waiting to be seated I ordered my favorite drink! Dad's electric lemonade! It is soooo good!

Once we were seated we were put way back in the corner and told the chef and waiter would be with us soon. Having just the two of us we usually don't get seated with someone fun and this was one of those times. Nothing really to write about here but as always the food was good!

Mom got the usual

Fried Chicken! Which she loves!

While I tried

The chicken pot pie! It tasted alright but having just the piece of gluten free bread on top was a bit weird!

Mom was going to try something new for dessert but couldn't pass up

The apple crumble

While I went for

The PB&J shake which is fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love this shake so much and cannot wait to have another one!

After we were sufficiently stuffed it was time for me to head back over here

This area always reminds me of the Nsync and Brittany Spears concert they had here that they showed on the Disney channel!

After RnR we headed back to the room

Can you tell it was my bday?!

And took a photo shoot around the hotel

and headed to the bus stop

Where do you think we went?!

PB&J shake! Love it. I was hoping for its appearance! I've never tried to make my own at home.

I'm guessing you're off to Epcot - great place to celebrate a birthday!

Yummy lunch!

I love your window. So cute. I do miss not decorating windows. That was always so much fun!

I'm guessing Epcot too!

PB&J shake? Sound yummy!

Hey everyone!

Hey! Right back atcha!

Between school and my internship and the fact I am rarely ever on a computer now (except when homework needs to be done) I have been a bad DISer!

Well, that sounds like a pretty good excuse.

I will try to do better I promise!

A promise is a promise.
We'll hold ya to that ya know.

We left off with us heading to lunch at the 50s PrimeTime Cafe!

Ah.... Some day.... Some day.

I have no idea why I noticed this...
Well, I do. Since I've never been, I was admiring all the attention to 50s detail.

The TV isn't plugged into an outlet. You know, with a wall plate and room to plug two things in?
The plug just goes into the wall.

Mom got the usual

Fried Chicken! Which she loves!

Yummm.... Looks good.

While I tried
The chicken pot pie! It tasted alright but having just the piece of gluten free bread on top was a bit weird!

Ummm.... Considering I'm already not a fan of chicken pot pie....

:sad2:

Mom was going to try something new for dessert but couldn't pass up
The apple crumble

Who could? :confused3

While I went for
The PB&J shake which is fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love this shake so much and cannot wait to have another one!

Oh, crap! Now I want both!!!

I foresee at least two visits to Prime Time in my future. :laughing:
Both added to my Disney wishes list.

After we were sufficiently stuffed it was time for me to head back over here

'Cause who doesn't want to ride a roller coaster when they're totally stuffed?

After RnR we headed back to the room
Can you tell it was my bday?!

Nope. Too subtle. :rotfl:

Where do you think we went?!

I'll guess DTD. Thanks for the update! :goodvibes

Hi Caitlin!!! :wave2:

I have been gone from the DIS once again for a while but decided to pick back up with your latest TR! :goodvibes

I am interested in hearing what people's experiences are with the Magic Band as I have yet to tour with them. I also can't wait to see your experience with Food & Wine and compare them with mine! Although I was only there briefly for part of a day after my conference. But still, that's enough time to sample some food offerings and some beverages before I got too tipsy.

Sooooo sad about the fudge. I would have asked if it would have made a difference if I ate a big chunk. :lmao:

I love the boardwalk area! Love it! And I love Beaches and Cream! sooooooo good.

Sad that the Be Our Guest dinner wasn't as good as you remembered. I've yet to do dinner there, but I'm obsessed with the pork dish at lunch.

So sad that we won't be there in May this year for Flower & Garden. I'm in serious withdrawal.

PB&J shake! Love it. I was hoping for its appearance! I've never tried to make my own at home.

I'm guessing you're off to Epcot - great place to celebrate a birthday!

I can't go to the 50s and not have it!

Good guess but it wasn't epcot!

Yummy lunch!

I love your window. So cute. I do miss not decorating windows. That was always so much fun!

I'm guessing Epcot too!

PB&J shake? Sound yummy!

It was!

I feel like it's something we just have to do when we stay at POP!

It was so good!

Hey! Right back atcha!

Well, that sounds like a pretty good excuse.

Yeah and adding a job on I'm hoping I can find time!

A promise is a promise.
We'll hold ya to that ya know.

Good!

Ah.... Some day.... Some day.

I have no idea why I noticed this...
Well, I do. Since I've never been, I was admiring all the attention to 50s detail.

The TV isn't plugged into an outlet. You know, with a wall plate and room to plug two things in?
The plug just goes into the wall.

:confused3

Yummm.... Looks good.

Ummm.... Considering I'm already not a fan of chicken pot pie....

:sad2:

It tasted good though!

Who could? :confused3

Oh, crap! Now I want both!!!

I foresee at least two visits to Prime Time in my future. :laughing:
Both added to my Disney wishes list.

You can get the PB&J to drink and the crumble for dessert!

'Cause who doesn't want to ride a roller coaster when they're totally stuffed?

Nope. Too subtle. :rotfl:

:thumbsup2

I'll guess DTD. Thanks for the update! :goodvibes

Good guess but nope! Thanks for reading!

Hi Caitlin!!! :wave2:

I have been gone from the DIS once again for a while but decided to pick back up with your latest TR! :goodvibes

Welcome back!

I am interested in hearing what people's experiences are with the Magic Band as I have yet to tour with them. I also can't wait to see your experience with Food & Wine and compare them with mine! Although I was only there briefly for part of a day after my conference. But still, that's enough time to sample some food offerings and some beverages before I got too tipsy.

We aren't too thrilled with the magic bands! All of the used to be walk ons are now long lines! We actually had to Fast Pass Haunted Mansion!

We didn't end up spending much time there actually. We went for lunch that one day and then I ran over for a Cosmo slush and Creme Brulee. I wasn't as impressed with it as I thought I would be and with my allergy I wasn't really sure what I could have.

Sooooo sad about the fudge. I would have asked if it would have made a difference if I ate a big chunk. :lmao:

It was in liquid form we would have had to drink it!

I love the boardwalk area! Love it! And I love Beaches and Cream! sooooooo good.

It is!

Sad that the Be Our Guest dinner wasn't as good as you remembered. I've yet to do dinner there, but I'm obsessed with the pork dish at lunch.

I'm not a huge fan of lunch there and hopefully the next time we go it's better!

So sad that we won't be there in May this year for Flower & Garden. I'm in serious withdrawal.

Flower and Garden will always be my favorite time to go especially with the new food booths!

Well…somehow I have managed to miss the fact that you had a new TR, so I am going to spend this shift catching up!! Bahaha!

Ugh! WHY don’t they have a teacup like that in wdw?! It makes for such cute photo ops!!

Man, I cannot imagine trying to eat gluten free in an airport!! Trying to eat healthily is tricky enough! Especially when there’s only limited time between flights! Advantage of being first on the bus: front row seats & great pictures, downside….you have to wait what seems like FOREVER til you leave for Disney!

I can’t say I’m big on the boardwalk as a hotel, it’s pretty, but there’s something about it that just makes me feel not like vacation, I guess if I’m staying in that area I’m just going to be drawn to the Yacht Club instead, lol!

Yay for dismeets!! GLUETEN FREE GRILLED CHEESE SOUNDS AMAZING!! Grilled cheese is pretty much the greatest food on earth, so I’m glad you were able to get it!! Glad your dismeet was successful! I’ve slowly had more and more and have actually gotten used to being recognized in the parks thanks to instagram & the dis lol, my friends however, bahaha, they’re still getting used to it!

Oh no!! I do hope your ticket problem worked their way out after!! We had a similar occurance in Dec when the party was saying it was sold out on the cast member’s computer but was showing available tickets online!

Ahaha the surrey bike certainly does sound like an adventure!!

AS IF you walked past someone from hanson, that is so cool!!

I’m in agreeance about the bw looking far superior at night! SO glad you guys had fun at jellyrolls! I have to say, your boyfriend was the little cute one we were kind of eyeing when we were there, sorry! Bahah. It was impressive to us that he looked so young but could actually rock out with a seriously awesome voice!!

That’s so weird that everything was closed!!! Figment’s closing?? Wow…shows how out of the loop I am, I’ve been paying too much attention to parade/show/character stuff! Lol.

Pumpkin filled chocolate?!?! I’LL TAKE 1000 PLEASE!

All that food and drink is making me hungry, and I just ate! Lol. I can’t wait to get to try out some of the booths this year!!

LOVE Pop! As much as I always want to try somewhere new, and have gotten into dvc renting, I will always say pop is my home resort! Yay for MK, and dinner at BOG, you know, every time we’ve done dinner, it’s been very impressive, lunch on the other hand, not so much, but hey, that’s just my experience!

I still haven’t managed to see the castle lighting ceremony, obviously I’ve seen it once it’s lit, but I do want to stop to watch how it happens one day lol

Love the illuminations pics!!

Looks like a great morning at dhs so far!! I do hope that all the parks are getting starbucks sometime soon1! 50’s prime time is a place I NEED to go back to, it just is so great, even though we didn’t have a great experience last time lol! And I need to try that milkshake and that drink! Bahah, can you get the milkshakes to go?

Yay!! Alright, all caught up, excited to read more!!

Well…somehow I have managed to miss the fact that you had a new TR, so I am going to spend this shift catching up!! Bahaha!

Welcome!

Ugh! WHY don’t they have a teacup like that in wdw?! It makes for such cute photo ops!!

They need one! DL doesn't have the cool topiary though!

Man, I cannot imagine trying to eat gluten free in an airport!! Trying to eat healthily is tricky enough! Especially when there’s only limited time between flights! Advantage of being first on the bus: front row seats & great pictures, downside….you have to wait what seems like FOREVER til you leave for Disney!

It was a bit tough but the food wasn't terrible!

It did seem like forever and we were so anxious to get there!

I can’t say I’m big on the boardwalk as a hotel, it’s pretty, but there’s something about it that just makes me feel not like vacation, I guess if I’m staying in that area I’m just going to be drawn to the Yacht Club instead, lol!

I love it especially with Jelly Rolls nearby!

Yay for dismeets!! GLUETEN FREE GRILLED CHEESE SOUNDS AMAZING!! Grilled cheese is pretty much the greatest food on earth, so I’m glad you were able to get it!! Glad your dismeet was successful! I’ve slowly had more and more and have actually gotten used to being recognized in the parks thanks to instagram & the dis lol, my friends however, bahaha, they’re still getting used to it!

This was the best grilled cheese!

It was a great DISmeet and I look forward to more on our May trip!

Oh no!! I do hope your ticket problem worked their way out after!! We had a similar occurance in Dec when the party was saying it was sold out on the cast member’s computer but was showing available tickets online!

It was a hassle but it ended up working out!

Ahaha the surrey bike certainly does sound like an adventure!!

It was! I was so tired after!

AS IF you walked past someone from hanson, that is so cool!!

It was very cool! When anything is going on at Epcot or DHS it seems like they put the stars at BW!

I’m in agreeance about the bw looking far superior at night! SO glad you guys had fun at jellyrolls! I have to say, your boyfriend was the little cute one we were kind of eyeing when we were there, sorry! Bahah. It was impressive to us that he looked so young but could actually rock out with a seriously awesome voice!!

It's okay I will allow it this once :laughing:

That’s so weird that everything was closed!!! Figment’s closing?? Wow…shows how out of the loop I am, I’ve been paying too much attention to parade/show/character stuff! Lol.

Yeah it's supposed to have closed down I don't know if it has yet or not.

Pumpkin filled chocolate?!?! I’LL TAKE 1000 PLEASE!

It was soo good!

All that food and drink is making me hungry, and I just ate! Lol. I can’t wait to get to try out some of the booths this year!!

I was a bit disappointed with the food and wine festival but it was still a cool experience!

LOVE Pop! As much as I always want to try somewhere new, and have gotten into dvc renting, I will always say pop is my home resort! Yay for MK, and dinner at BOG, you know, every time we’ve done dinner, it’s been very impressive, lunch on the other hand, not so much, but hey, that’s just my experience!

I don't like lunch their either!

I still haven’t managed to see the castle lighting ceremony, obviously I’ve seen it once it’s lit, but I do want to stop to watch how it happens one day lol

Love the illuminations pics!!

Looks like a great morning at dhs so far!! I do hope that all the parks are getting starbucks sometime soon1! 50’s prime time is a place I NEED to go back to, it just is so great, even though we didn’t have a great experience last time lol! And I need to try that milkshake and that drink! Bahah, can you get the milkshakes to go?

Yay!! Alright, all caught up, excited to read more!!

It was a very fun morning!

You need to give 50s another shot!

You can get all of their drinks to go at the bar!

I love 50's PTC! We have skipped it the last couple of trips and I think it is time for a return visit!!!

Last I left you we were here

We hopped on a bus which took us here

Good guesses everyone but for our afternoon we were headed to the MK!

It was a gorgeous afternoon!

We walked right up and saw the end of the Dapper Dans Christmas show

Which was great and we wished we had seen all of it!

Next was to stare in awe at the Castle

As we made our way further in to the hub we saw another musician at Casey's

We didn't really have anything set to do so we headed to Adventureland

And decided to see some pirates!

Here is the best shot I could get of the mermaid in the water. You really only see her tail.

Our boat kept getting stopped so I got some decent pictures

My favorite scene

Captain Jack!

After our tour through pirate infested water we decided to stick with the pirate theme and finish off the pirate adventures. We had begun these on our May trip when they were in testing so we decided we needed to do the two that hadn't been open when we were there!

Our treasure map led us to a panther

I can't help but think of the panther cologne in Anchorman.

We saw some dead guys

We had a bone to pick with them!

The funniest part happened at this landmark

I noticed the ground was wet when we walked over so stood off to the side. The snake charming music began to play and while mom was taking pictures the snake came out and spit at her! She let out a shriek and I laughed like crazy! The people around us looked at her with a mixture of concern and confusion :rotfl:

We had to try our hand at voodoo

These adventures are a ton of fun and I reccomend them to anyone with or without kids!

The ships actually moved in the bottles!

I believe they got in to a cannon fight!

Our first treasure was

We then headed back to get our last treasure hunt done

When we went to check in at our last place we saw a family with a CM and a huge token which you get in the game in order to activate the different locations. We ended up getting to see the finale which you get when you do all of the treasure hunts within 24 hours.

Our last activity just unlocked this

I think this is a great addition to the parks and love this experience!

We then headed to Philharmagic which is a must do on every trip! We always love the show and sing our hearts out to the music!

We also noticed these new Small World dolls which sing the song in their language and in English

I was really surprised one of these didn't come home with us!

After all of our fun we were getting hungry and decided to head to the GF and their counter service cafeteria

We rode the monorail around and found people working on the gingerbread house!

Not only were there chefs but there were also construction workers! An odd mix!

We got to dinner and got almost the same thing

Mom had a regular margarita pizza with a rice krispie for dessert

I got

The gluten free margarita pizza with fruit for dessert

Both were very good!

We had a great time just sitting back and enjoying dinner!

Before we headed to our next stop we had to get a closer look at the house!

One last look at the GF from the bus stop

Next up:
Hollywood Studios!
The Osbourne Festival of Lights!

Good guesses everyone but for our afternoon we were headed to the MK!

MK! That's what I meant to say! My fingers typed DTD but I meant MK!

Really!

We walked right up and saw the end of the Dapper Dans Christmas show

Oh? I count four ends.

Which was great and we wished we had seen all of it!

Caitlin!!! :blush:

As we made our way further in to the hub we saw another musician at Casey's

Love hearing Ragtime piano there. It really fits into the Main Street theme, doesn't it?

Our boat kept getting stopped so I got some decent pictures

Somehow I get the feeling, you weren't complaining too much about that.

I can't help but think of the panther cologne in Anchorman.

I didn't... but it's all I can think about now! :laughing:

We saw some dead guys

Segue from Anchorman to The Sixth Sense.

We had a bone to pick with them!

Rimshot!
Ba dum bum
rimshot.gif

I noticed the ground was wet when we walked over so stood off to the side. The snake charming music began to play and while mom was taking pictures the snake came out and spit at her! She let out a shriek and I laughed like crazy! The people around us looked at her with a mixture of concern and confusion :rotfl:

:rotfl:

We had to try our hand at voodoo

Well, that explains that pain I've been having.

Uh... Caitlin? Would you mind removing that pin now?

The ships actually moved in the bottles!

I believe they got in to a cannon fight!

That's cool.

Our last activity just unlocked this

I can't tell. What is that?

We also noticed these new Small World dolls which sing the song in their language and in English

Ah. The aforementioned Voodoo dolls.
Yup. I see great evilness there.

After all of our fun we were getting hungry and decided to head to the GF and their counter service cafeteria

I've never been in GF... but you'd think that I would know there was a counter service there.

You would be wrong. I had no idea.
I guess I always associate GF with high end and CS dining just didn't fit into that picture.

Not only were there chefs but there were also construction workers! An odd mix!

Interesting to watch, I'll bet.

Mom had a regular margarita pizza with a rice krispie for dessert

I got The gluten free margarita pizza with fruit for dessert

Both were very good!

And they look really good.
My DW loves margharita pizza. Now I know where to get her one.

Next up:
Hollywood Studios!
The Osbourne Festival of Lights!

I'm gonna guess you're going to DHS next!
Do I win a prize?

No?

Great update as usual, Caitlin! :goodvibes

Those pirate adventures are definitely something that I want to try out next trip!! They look like a lot of fun and a good way to spend time in MK, especially if it's busy, lol!

I've just now started heading over to the MK resorts for meals instead of sticking in MK, I think it comes with having spent too much time in the park and just not liking the CS food anymore bahaha! Lunch looks tasty!

MK! That's what I meant to say! My fingers typed DTD but I meant MK!

Really!

Suuuure!

Oh? I count four ends.

:lmao:

Caitlin!!! :blush:

:thumbsup2

Love hearing Ragtime piano there. It really fits into the Main Street theme, doesn't it?

It does!

Somehow I get the feeling, you weren't complaining too much about that.

I wasn't!

I didn't... but it's all I can think about now! :laughing:

The growl it made really reminded me of it!

Segue from Anchorman to The Sixth Sense.

Rimshot!
Ba dum bum
rimshot.gif

:goodvibes

:rotfl:

Well, that explains that pain I've been having.

Uh... Caitlin? Would you mind removing that pin now?

I suppose I could.

That's cool.

I can't tell. What is that?

A crown around coral.

Ah. The aforementioned Voodoo dolls.
Yup. I see great evilness there.

:lmao:

I've never been in GF... but you'd think that I would know there was a counter service there.

You wouldn't really think about it unless you stayed there. We like trying out the different cafeterias though.

You would be wrong. I had no idea.
I guess I always associate GF with high end and CS dining just didn't fit into that picture.

It was very good!

Interesting to watch, I'll bet.

And they look really good.
My DW loves margharita pizza. Now I know where to get her one.

Wolfgang Puck Express too!

I'm gonna guess you're going to DHS next!
Do I win a prize?

No?

Great update as usual, Caitlin! :goodvibes

Thank you for reading!

Those pirate adventures are definitely something that I want to try out next trip!! They look like a lot of fun and a good way to spend time in MK, especially if it's busy, lol!

I've just now started heading over to the MK resorts for meals instead of sticking in MK, I think it comes with having spent too much time in the park and just not liking the CS food anymore bahaha! Lunch looks tasty!

It's a great time!

I am not a huge fan of MK counter service so I like having an alternative!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter