The GROOVIER New Pop Century FAQ Thread Chapter 2! ~ Post #1 is a must see!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We usually tip a dollar a person per day. Last trip we had 2 kids in diapers which equalled A LOT of diapers, so we put an extra dollar in for that.

I don't see why not... On our last trip, we arrived on Thursday, our flight landed around 2:15ish, and we got to the room by 3:30-4 PM. We ate at Everything Pop, and went to DHS. We went there because it was an EMH nite, and we had a good 4 hours in the park!

My best advice would be to take into account the park hours for when you do travel. If the parks are only open till say, 8, it might not be worth it to waste the park day for just 3 hours, but if the park is open to 10, 11, or 12... Go for it!

Well, in late January Epcot stays open the latest on a weekday (9pm.) But if we only went for a few hours we're fine with that. We wouldn't be using that day on are ticket at all unless we used it the first day.

If my flight lands at 2:30pm. Do you think there'd be enough time to get to the hotel (using ME), check in, grab a quick lunch at the food court, and then head to EPCOT for a few hours? (This would be on a weekday in late January.)

any thoughts?

Definately. Last year we landed at 3 and were at the MK bofore 5. It had EMH's and I think we stayed till around midnight.

The year before we got in at Sanford about 4:30ish, maybe a little earlier, rented a car, drove the hour drive and checked in and took our luggage to our room. I think we got to Mk around 7 or 8, can't remember for sure, but I know Spectro was going on and it was so crowded and all I wanted to do was get to Cosmic Rays to eat. LOL! The dang people wouldn't get out of my way. They all stopped in front of the castle to get a spot for Wishes. ! :sad2: Didn't they know a starving woman was there! :eek: There were EMH's till 2 that night and we stayed till about 1. We rode ALOT of stuff too.
So yes you could do Epcot easily for a couple of hours, or when time gets closer figure out who has EMH's that day and go to that park
Our plane lands at 2 this year in Sanford. So we will rent a car again this year, and then head over to Pop and then to MK, which will have EMH's again (till 1). My goal is to be at the park by 5, if all goes smoothly (and we don't get lost or detoured like we did two years ago. LOL :confused3 )

Great thread! Im really looking forward to my stay at Pop, before running the Disney Half Marathon in Jan.

Thanks!

Wondering how many have booked a standard room, then once you got there asked if a room in the 50's was available and GOT IT. Wondering if its worth the extra $$$$ to go preffered or not?

Last time we did standard and were in the 90's and just walked across the parking lot to get to the main building.

Were going Aug 8-18th how likely is it to get a 50's room on standard pricing LOL

thanks all!

Just wanted to through out there that I started a Sit and Stand Stroller Swap I am hoping to keep at Pop if anyone is interested!

The link is in my Siggy!

Wondering how many have booked a standard room, then once you got there asked if a room in the 50's was available and GOT IT. Wondering if its worth the extra $$$$ to go preffered or not?

Last time we did standard and were in the 90's and just walked across the parking lot to get to the main building.

Were going Aug 8-18th how likely is it to get a 50's room on standard pricing LOL

thanks all!

Alot of the 50's is standard, even some poolside rooms. When you book, you can have a request with your reservation. You can request 50's close tto the pool (or backside if you want) It's not guarenteed, but you may have a b etter chance at getting it then.

We will be there in just over three weeks.... we won't be checking in until after 11:00 ~ we will be in two rooms and there will be 5 of us...

Me, DH, DMom, DD(3.5) DD(20 months) ~ we really, really, really need connecting rooms. How likely do you think it is?

Just wanted to through out there that I started a Sit and Stand Stroller Swap I am hoping to keep at Pop if anyone is interested!

The link is in my Siggy!
How does a stroller swap work, just out of curiousity? I bought that exact same stroller on clearance at Target specifically for our Disney vacation. Looks like we will be at Pop the same week as you, we arrive on the 18th!

Make sure it's on your reservation. I also know there is a difference in wording it adjoining or connecting, one means next to each other and one means a door is there, but I don't know which is which, so you might want to add wit ha door in between the rooms on your request. Also try faxing 4 days prior to going down again with that request.

We will be there in just over three weeks.... we won't be checking in until after 11:00 ~ we will be in two rooms and there will be 5 of us...

Me, DH, DMom, DD(3.5) DD(20 months) ~ we really, really, really need connecting rooms. How likely do you think it is?

The stroller gets put in Luggage services for the next person to pick up. The stroller just stays on property for people to use. :)

It is connecting that means door. We have requested it.... I was wondering if faxing helps at all. Some say yes... some say it just makes the room assigners annoyed.

They will accomodate a connecting room request when possible. Have three adults makes it more challenging. But make sure you have it on your reservation now, and then when you check in, tell them it is a priority if they have not assigned one to you. If you choose that over location, you have a better chance. Happy planning!

The stroller gets put in Luggage services for the next person to pick up. The stroller just stays on property for people to use. :)

It is connecting that means door. We have requested it.... I was wondering if faxing helps at all. Some say yes... some say it just makes the room assigners annoyed.

I faxed last year and got exactly what I asked ofr, so going to try again this year. Do it after 4, and make it a very cheery fax. Not demanding, with lots of pleases and thank you's. I'm gonna pretty much send the same one again this year and just change the basic info.

What's the easiest way to get to the MK resorts like WL or CR from POP by Disney transportation? I'm guessing take the bus to MK, then monorail to the three monorail resorts, but I'm not sure whether I could take the boat to WL from there. I don't want to burn a day's admission though. I know it's been asked often, but I just can't find it. Thanks!

What's the easiest way to get to the MK resorts like WL or CR from POP by Disney transportation? I'm guessing take the bus to MK, then monorail to the three monorail resorts, but I'm not sure whether I could take the boat to WL from there. I don't want to burn a day's admission though. I know it's been asked often, but I just can't find it. Thanks!

Take the bus to MK and then walk to CR or take the boat to WL. The entrance to the boat is directly in front of the entrance to MK. Stay to the left for WL otherwise you'll end up going to FW. No need to use a day's ticket as you don't have to enter the park.

Take the bus to MK and then walk to CR or take the boat to WL. The entrance to the boat is directly in front of the entrance to MK. Stay to the left for WL otherwise you'll end up going to FW. No need to use a day's ticket as you don't have to enter the park.
Great! Thanks a ton! So I would have to take the Monorail back to TTC then to Poly, GF, or CR(one way to, I know) or would the monorail from MK go straight to them without the TTC?

There is a resort monorail and the regular one for guest from parking. The resort one goes from MK, to CR, to TTC, to Poly to GF and back to MK. The guest one goes the opposite way and only stops at MK and the TTC. Tiy can get to CR by walking or taking the monrail. For the poly or GF, you can take the monrail, but it can take awhile, or take a boat. To ge to FW or WL you can take a boat as well from MK. I was confused pretrip last year, but once I got there, I found it super easy to get to our ADR's. Just be sure to allow enough time to get there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter