The GROOVIER New Pop Century FAQ Thread Chapter 2! ~ Post #1 is a must see!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have eaten at the Contemporary several times, and found it very easy to take the bus from Pop to MK, then the monorail to the CR, and then reverse the process.
Have a great time!

As many of you probably know, we are CBR lovers who are booked for a 10 day stay at Pop. I've been very nervous about room, buses and anything else I can think to worry about. Well, every time I look at my reservation and see the $450.00 we are saving by staying at Pop, the more my nerves of staying in a value are calmed. Our vacation is half way paid for and I have half of my spending money already saved up too!

Now, on to my question....I can't remember what I was told about the dresser. How many drawers are there?

....Now, on to my question....I can't remember what I was told about the dresser. How many drawers are there?

It's noted along with a picture in Post #1 in the Classic Years Rooms section. Just go to Page #1, and search ( [Ctrl]+[F] ) for the following exact string: entertainment center/dresser

Hi Pop lovers!

Just wanted to let everyone know there's a new Maclaren single stroller swap with TONS of openings. The link is in my signature so feel free to check your dates!:thumbsup2

Somewhere in the DisBoards I had found an overview of the entire Pop Century Resort, showing rooms and all.

I'm pretty sure it was created with the purpose of showing areas that one might have some sort of view of the Epcot fireworks.

Anybody know where I saw it and can give me the link?
Pretty please and thank you!

We have eaten at the Contemporary several times, and found it very easy to take the bus from Pop to MK, then the monorail to the CR, and then reverse the process.
Have a great time!

The monorail is really fun to do, but we found on our recent trip that it is super easy to WALK from MK to the Contemporary. There is a path and it only takes a few minutes. We took longer to take the monorail between the Contemporary and MK than to walk!

The bartenders at the poolside bar know how to make a good drink. I asked for the second round to be stronger, and boy was it. Kept the price the same too. Nice people.

Hi, I hope I am not out of line, but I'm trying to fill a gap in my FREE fridge swap for March 8-14, 2009.

Please see link in my siggy.

thanks

The walk is like 15 minutes. I can't remember exactly where it is, but I did walk it. I think there is a sign pointing to the walking path.

I called to make a room request and the lady told me that all of the 60's were prefered. And I told her no, I looked at a map and the back side the the building (lake view) were not prefered. She said she would hand write in my request b/c it was not an option. Was I wrong?

ETA: no, it looks like I was right... http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=17643531&postcount=2
Do you think I should also fax in my request?

Where is the walking path you referrred to from MK to CR and about how long a walk is it?

We used the path when we went in December. I believe it would be to your left if you are getting off a bus at the CR. There is a sign. It is a cement sidewalk and you will have to cross a fairly busy road.

I called to make a room request and the lady told me that all of the 60's were prefered. And I told her no, I looked at a map and the back side the the building (lake view) were not prefered. She said she would hand write in my request b/c it was not an option. Was I wrong?

ETA: no, it looks like I was right... http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=17643531&postcount=2
Do you think I should also fax in my request?

That used to be true, but they changed it a while ago.

We used the path when we went in December. I believe it would be to your left if you are getting off a bus at the CR. There is a sign. It is a cement sidewalk and you will have to cross a fairly busy road.

Yes as you exit off the bus you walk AWAY from CR. It will take you under the monorail tracks and you will cross a road (service road for workers) and walk beside the bus stop. It isn't a long walk at all.

We have stayed at Pop several times and love it. We are 2 adults and will be driving. That said I want to request a building in the 50's section. Is there a certain building that is better or do any have king beds? THanks for any advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter