The FINAL (?!) Jodi Arias thread (Penalty Phase retrial verdict)

What do you THINK the penalty phase verdict will be?

• Death

Votes: 16 45.7%
  • Life

Votes: 19 54.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I just watched the interview with Wilmott. I don't think she's looking at things through rose colored glasses as much as she's just remaining in lawyer mode, maintaining the spin that she and Nurmi and Jodi put on the case.

I think (and I'm sure we all do) that it's a joke to say that Jodi eventually, between the first trial and the penalty phase retrial, remembered that whole murder, including slashing his throat, and that she was going to testify to that in the penalty phase retrial, but she didn't get a chance. She didn't remember any of it for 5 years, and then remembered ALL of it?? I don't believe for a minute that she was going to say that in testimony and there's no question that she said it to stick it to the Alexander family. And why didn't she get to testify about it anyway? Because of that pesky law about courts being open to the public?? :rolleyes:

Yeah, I bet she broke down and cried in front of you, Willmott. Not an ounce of remorse for Travis Alexander or his family tho. Her tears were only for herself. And Jodi never wanted the death penalty?? She claimed she did, but out of the goodness of her heart and her love for her family, she decided she didn't. *vomit*

I think Willmott was very careful with what she said. And I think she's a BS artist. She danced around those questions. I think she, Nurmi, JSS, and Jodi's family just want to move on, good riddance to Jodi. And I don't blame them.

Another thing Willmott said...she wants to take on domestic violence cases. Um, YOU JUST DID. If ever there was a domestic violence case, it's what Jodi did to Travis.

If you're looking for some more aggravation from this trial ;) watch this interview with Jodi's PI, who is (he thinks) going to get her a new trial. If you don't listen to what he's actually saying, he seems like a nice guy. But in reality, he too drank the Jodi Kool-Aid. He's an attention *****, like she is...that's why he's on this case, IMHO. And he's hoping to help out Durst, but also appears not to know much at all about the case, except that it's also a big case. According to this guy, it's hard NOT to like Jodi. Yeah, right. :rolleyes:

If you watch the video, also read the comments. One person asked an interesting question...IF the conviction gets overturned (which I doubt, but it could happen), COULD the death penalty be on the line again? Is it like starting fresh? I'm guessing "yes." And could you imagine going through that trial again? :eek: One more thing...I love how he says that Jodi will probably give interviews from Perryville, because she will no longer be under the control of Joe Arpaio. This guy is clueless. smh

I don't anything will be overturned for her. These people just want to give Jodi a free pass for killing someone.

From the sounds of it, prison is just SWELL! :rolleyes:

(From the State vs Jodi Arias FB)
‪#‎JodiArias‬' letter to her supporters, transcribed.

[A copy of the original is in the comments.]

Hi everyone! I hope all is well. I'm getting settled in, but I'm still being processed. The day I arrived, everyone was professional and efficient. My mom said I look tired in my DOC photo. someone else said I look sad. I was neither. What happened was they told me where to stand and where to look at the cam), right then someone flipped on three bright halogen lights. It was like trying to stare at the Sun! Or God. Lol. I was trying hard not to squint too much. ( now I understand why Debbie Milke was squinting in her DOC photo - nothing prepares the eyes for that flood of brightness). Then I was taken to CDU (Complex Detention Unit) and placed on "watch" (suicide watch, that is). Not for "mental health" reasons, I was told, since I wasn't suicidal, but for "security reasons", whatever that means. After a week, I was brought over to Lumley. I was not put in Debbie's old cell. Lots of people thought so. Even I thought that was where I was going. I'm a few doors down. My cell is not blue, as many have thought (further validation that you just can't trust the media). My cell is freshly painted - white walls, grey desk and shelving, unfinished concrete floor. Still smells like paint. New in other words. It feels clean.

This place is teaming with little animals. Lots of different birds and prairie dogs ( at least that's what everyone calls them) running around. The prairie dogs are ADORABLE. They look like a cross between a squirrel & a gofer (sp). I saw one take off w/a chunk of bologna the other day! (Yep, there is bologna here!) I also saw some officers dropping poisonous pellets in their dens (frown emoticon). Population control, I guess.

I won't go on too much about the food. It's a MAJOR improvement from my last location. Everyone says how awful the food at MCSO is. I didn't think so; it's just bland. My only complaint was that it's not sustainable for long-term inmates. It was all sugar and starch (which is soon to be sugar) in the morning. I called it "the diabetes-inducing diet". At night, we were served lots of soy protein (which Arpaio thanks is healthy but which studies show otherwise). I'm glad to now have a healthier, more wholesome, well-rounded diet.

I'm currently segregated. Still, I've seen many familiar faces since arriving. Having been at Estrella for 6.5 years, I've seen many people go before me. Everyone's been kind, respectful and warm.

I've gotten some interesting feedback on my sentencing, most of it very supportive, even congratulatory. The general consensus (that I'm getting) is that people are glad I stuck up for myself. One girl said I have "lady balls" (LOL). One guy said what I said was "way overboard". I'm sure it made some of my friends uncomfortable, and maybe even disappointed some of you. Well that wasn't my intention, I have to say, I only wish I would have said MORE , not less. For example, I wish I would have stuck up for Juror 17 after you-know-who threw her under the bus, because we all know that there was not just one tainted juror - there were ELEVEN. I owe my life to #17 and the least I could have done was stick up for her. But much of what I said was on the fly. It wasn't prepared. I had only intended to apologize and declare my own commitment to pay restitution. (Even though I wasn't the one who forced everyone to trial - twice. No, of course I wasn't going to say that part.) But Bryce was right about what he posted later that day. My statement was not an appeal for leniency. God himself could have parted the heavens and commanded the judge to be lenient - she would have disobeyed him. So, after two trials with a corrupt prosecutor, then having to listen to more lies and distortions and facts from the TA camp at sentencing - well, my high tolerance for B.S. had simply reached its maximum capacity. I consulted with my legal team; they gave their blessing. They said, "Do it. You know she's going to give you natural life today. You have nothing to lose." so I spoke my mind. Like I said, my only regret is that I didn't say more.

If you wrote a letter to the judge, thank you! It's probably not something one does very often. The judge took 10 minutes to read, what, almost 30 letters? - which doesn't include the 75 feet or so of travel time from the bench to chambers and back. I've gotten lots of mail, I'm not able to buy envelopes/paper yet, so don't give up on me if you don't hear back for a little while. I don't know how long they'll keep me in limbo. If you wrote the first week, & I received it, you'll be getting a mini note from me.

Thank you all so much. I'm really not worthy. Your love/support/friendship is precious to me. Deep, deep gratitude for each of you - JODI ARIAS

P. S. Lots of people have written expressing concern about sending photos and putting me over my limit. Don't worry about that. Let me manage my photos. Send away! {wink emoticon).

Also from The State vs Jodi Arias FB:

Kirk Nurmi, regarding the letter ‪#‎JodiArias‬ wrote to her supporters, posted earlier today:

Go Nurmi! I'm assuming Wilmott doesn't have the balls to speak out.

So much for not hearing from Jodi again, huh?
Yeah, really. I think she wanted that letter to be "leaked", but her supporters are up in arms. http://www.courtchatter.com/#!Jodi-...-to-supporters/c1oiw/5553d8800cf24874172f47ff
Hold on, we are still not done, we have restitution on june 8th:rotfl2:
Ugh, that's right. I wonder who shows up for that? Jodi waived her right to be there. I wonder if this is something that takes time, or is a quickie technicality type of hearing, and who does attend.

From the sounds of it, prison is just SWELL! :rolleyes:

(From the State vs Jodi Arias FB)
‪#‎JodiArias‬' letter to her supporters, transcribed.

[A copy of the original is in the comments.]

Hi everyone! I hope all is well. I'm getting settled in, but I'm still being processed. The day I arrived, everyone was professional and efficient. My mom said I look tired in my DOC photo. someone else said I look sad. I was neither. What happened was they told me where to stand and where to look at the cam), right then someone flipped on three bright halogen lights. It was like trying to stare at the Sun! Or God. Lol. I was trying hard not to squint too much. ( now I understand why Debbie Milke was squinting in her DOC photo - nothing prepares the eyes for that flood of brightness). Then I was taken to CDU (Complex Detention Unit) and placed on "watch" (suicide watch, that is). Not for "mental health" reasons, I was told, since I wasn't suicidal, but for "security reasons", whatever that means. After a week, I was brought over to Lumley. I was not put in Debbie's old cell. Lots of people thought so. Even I thought that was where I was going. I'm a few doors down. My cell is not blue, as many have thought (further validation that you just can't trust the media). My cell is freshly painted - white walls, grey desk and shelving, unfinished concrete floor. Still smells like paint. New in other words. It feels clean.

This place is teaming with little animals. Lots of different birds and prairie dogs ( at least that's what everyone calls them) running around. The prairie dogs are ADORABLE. They look like a cross between a squirrel & a gofer (sp). I saw one take off w/a chunk of bologna the other day! (Yep, there is bologna here!) I also saw some officers dropping poisonous pellets in their dens (frown emoticon). Population control, I guess.

I won't go on too much about the food. It's a MAJOR improvement from my last location. Everyone says how awful the food at MCSO is. I didn't think so; it's just bland. My only complaint was that it's not sustainable for long-term inmates. It was all sugar and starch (which is soon to be sugar) in the morning. I called it "the diabetes-inducing diet". At night, we were served lots of soy protein (which Arpaio thanks is healthy but which studies show otherwise). I'm glad to now have a healthier, more wholesome, well-rounded diet.

I'm currently segregated. Still, I've seen many familiar faces since arriving. Having been at Estrella for 6.5 years, I've seen many people go before me. Everyone's been kind, respectful and warm.

I've gotten some interesting feedback on my sentencing, most of it very supportive, even congratulatory. The general consensus (that I'm getting) is that people are glad I stuck up for myself. One girl said I have "lady balls" (LOL). One guy said what I said was "way overboard". I'm sure it made some of my friends uncomfortable, and maybe even disappointed some of you. Well that wasn't my intention, I have to say, I only wish I would have said MORE , not less. For example, I wish I would have stuck up for Juror 17 after you-know-who threw her under the bus, because we all know that there was not just one tainted juror - there were ELEVEN. I owe my life to #17 and the least I could have done was stick up for her. But much of what I said was on the fly. It wasn't prepared. I had only intended to apologize and declare my own commitment to pay restitution. (Even though I wasn't the one who forced everyone to trial - twice. No, of course I wasn't going to say that part.) But Bryce was right about what he posted later that day. My statement was not an appeal for leniency. God himself could have parted the heavens and commanded the judge to be lenient - she would have disobeyed him. So, after two trials with a corrupt prosecutor, then having to listen to more lies and distortions and facts from the TA camp at sentencing - well, my high tolerance for B.S. had simply reached its maximum capacity. I consulted with my legal team; they gave their blessing. They said, "Do it. You know she's going to give you natural life today. You have nothing to lose." so I spoke my mind. Like I said, my only regret is that I didn't say more.

If you wrote a letter to the judge, thank you! It's probably not something one does very often. The judge took 10 minutes to read, what, almost 30 letters? - which doesn't include the 75 feet or so of travel time from the bench to chambers and back. I've gotten lots of mail, I'm not able to buy envelopes/paper yet, so don't give up on me if you don't hear back for a little while. I don't know how long they'll keep me in limbo. If you wrote the first week, & I received it, you'll be getting a mini note from me.

Thank you all so much. I'm really not worthy. Your love/support/friendship is precious to me. Deep, deep gratitude for each of you - JODI ARIAS

P. S. Lots of people have written expressing concern about sending photos and putting me over my limit. Don't worry about that. Let me manage my photos. Send away! {wink emoticon).
I read this with total sarcasm.:rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter