The DIS Dad's Club VIII - The Online Mancave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Barry or Brian, I just landed at O'Hare for a 3 hour layover. Want to come over and have lunch in the Airport? :rotfl2:

That sounds like fun! The 2 hour drive down there doesn't, unfortunately. Next time get your layover in Milwaukee. From the back of my office building I can hit a pitching wedge onto runway 7. In theory. Not that I have or anything.

Doc grilled up burgers, dogs and brats. He clearly knows his audience well. :thumbsup2 Although I just realized that we had the kids calling him "Mr." instead of the well-earned title "Dr." the whole time. D'oh!

It gave me an excuse to eat more meat! Always a good thing! It was wonderful to have your family & (half of) Tim's. Would love to do it again soon!

And don't worry about the Mr. All my kids friends call me Mr. I'm not their doctor... :thumbsup2:

And happy birthday Ron!

as some of you know, I have been trying to convince the wife to go to D World again with the kids.

After the Plastic Wrap incident, I went with a new approach..... guilt ! ! The kids have been laying it on really thick about how bad they want to go, and I may have inadvertantly implied that they need to convince mommy, she doesn't want to go. ... I waited till they wore her down with the constant " don't you love us mommy" comments then hit her with the big one.

My elderly grandmother lives half way between us and D World, I may have had grandma call and ask her to visit sometime soon, as they are getting older and would love to spend some time with kids, it has been so long since they saw her. And since we will be in the neighborhood anyway it only makes sense to go on from there.

So my master plan is working, she has pretty much caved and admitted defeat.

I win, we will go to Disney and alls I had to do was break the little woman's spirit temporarily to make it happen.

The plastic Wrap would have been so much easier if it had worked ! !

That sounds like fun! The 2 hour drive down there doesn't, unfortunately. Next time get your layover in Milwaukee. From the back of my office building I can hit a pitching wedge onto runway 7. In theory. Not that I have or anything.

That explains the missed flight I had a few years back...:lmao:

Wow page 9 and the 1st I can post. Nice job as always Don. :thumbsup2

Dirty pool Christopher, Dirty pool! "Let's hold off on closing the thread." :rotfl: Well played my friend, well played.

Looks like you'll have to change the ol' age in the signature Aaron!

Ah - thanks for the reminder. I'll get right on that.
(Anything to avoid getting on with the actual "work" that I should be doing. It's my birthday. I really should've just taken today off). :confused3

I can't believe it is snowing in Indianapolis!! :scared1: Please let the real Spring show itself soon. I am reay to thaw out. I wonder who will get snow for opening day?

For sure!! Send it to ajritz@disdads.com he will post it for you. Or ask him to get you the status to be able to do it yourself.

Mark already has Author status - and 15 posts at disdads.com. Looking forward to another non-Disney trip report. popcorn::

Woohoo! Sounds like the AJRitz seal of approval to me.

When will you be rolling through the great state of Indiana?

Late July. I'll PM you!

"I didn't spend 6 years in Evil Medical school to be called Mr. Evil."
or, a little more Disney-centric
"That's Mr. Dr. Evil Porkchop to you!"

+2 :thumbsup2 for quality movie references.

::yes:: I hope you have grilled fluffernutter pictures.

Sadly, no. I'm terrible when it comes to food pictures. I'll just have to describe it really well.

It was great meeting you and the family yesterday. I wish we had more time. Did you make it through NY ok?

Amazingly, yes! We had a pit stop in Danbury and then decided to take the Palisades Parkway down to the NJ Turnpike. I was shocked at how well it was moving. No delays whatsoever. We were able to meet my old college roommate for dinner, too. :thumbsup2

Wow, we're officially on the "Ocho".

:lmao::rotfl2::rotfl: If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball.

Did Juliana sign any autographs for Chris and Mark yesterday? It seems like she is a bit of a DIS boards celebrity.:lmao::rotfl2:

I did get a good picture of her with my kids. I felt bad leaving--they'd just warmed up to each other and were having a blast destroying Chris' furniture when we had to go.

By the way, I asked Juliana what her favorite Disney ride was and she said, "EVERYTHING!" :thumbsup2 Good job, Tim.

HAHA!!! No but she did make a flower. The kids were being very quiet making crafts till the end. Then they were running around like maniacs jumping on Chris's furniture! :lmao::lmao::lmao: :lmao::lmao::lmao:

::yes::

I think Tim and I exchanged a glance that basically said, "Eh, it's not our house." :rotfl::rotfl2:

Well, there were no markers out.... only little teeny, tiny beads!

I am shocked they didn't end up all over your floor! :lmao:

::yes:: If it had been my house, they would have been everywhere.

This wasn't you, was it? :confused3

Pilot discovers hole in airplane fuselage

If you hit a golfball like I do, that must mean that the runway is about 10 yards in front of you and about 100 yards to the right. :rotfl2::lmao:

Ah - thanks for the reminder. I'll get right on that.
(Anything to avoid getting on with the actual "work" that I should be doing. It's my birthday. I really should've just taken today off). :confused3
It is my personal belief that nobody should have to work on their birthday. :thumbsup2

Woohoo! Sounds like the AJRitz seal of approval to me.

Late July. I'll PM you!

+2 :thumbsup2 for quality movie references.

Sadly, no. I'm terrible when it comes to food pictures. I'll just have to describe it really well.

Amazingly, yes! We had a pit stop in Danbury and then decided to take the Palisades Parkway down to the NJ Turnpike. I was shocked at how well it was moving. No delays whatsoever. We were able to meet my old college roommate for dinner, too. :thumbsup2

:lmao::rotfl2::rotfl: If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball.

I did get a good picture of her with my kids. I felt bad leaving--they'd just warmed up to each other and were having a blast destroying Chris' furniture when we had to go.

By the way, I asked Juliana what her favorite Disney ride was and she said, "EVERYTHING!" :thumbsup2 Good job, Tim.

I think Tim and I exchanged a glance that basically said, "Eh, it's not our house." :rotfl::rotfl2:

::yes:: If it had been my house, they would have been everywhere.

This wasn't you, was it? :confused3

Pilot discovers hole in airplane fuselage

What part of Indiana are you rolling through?

That explains the missed flight I had a few years back...:lmao:

You may have missed the plane....but I didn't.
:lmao::lmao:

"Yeah, so we pulled THIS out of the #3 engine..."
"Is that a Titleist?"

Oh, and Happy Birthday to Aaron and Ron!

It's combining thoughts like this into single posts that keeps me in the single- and double-digits on these threads. Oh, and work.

Hey I will be flying through there on Sunday! ! short layover though.

I can't believe it is snowing in Indianapolis!! :scared1: Please let the real Spring show itself soon. I am reay to thaw out. I wonder who will get snow for opening day?
Thank you for drawing my attention outside to notice this. I just seeded some grass yesterday evening, so I was hoping we might get a light shower out of this instead of snow. Oh well, nothing we can do about it.

Late July. I'll PM you!
:thumbsup2

Sounds like a lot of fun. I guess as long as they didn't burn Chris' house down or something, it's all good! :lmao:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter