The DIS Dad's Club VIII - The Online Mancave

Status
Not open for further replies.
That sounds like fun! The 2 hour drive down there doesn't, unfortunately. Next time get your layover in Milwaukee. From the back of my office building I can hit a pitching wedge onto runway 7. In theory. Not that I have or anything .

Riiiiiggggghhhhtttt........

If you hit a golfball like I do, that must mean that the runway is about 10 yards in front of you and about 100 yards to the right. :rotfl2::lmao:
I'd be happy if I could get a ball to go 100 yards in any direction.

Hey I will be flying through there on Sunday! ! short layover though.

That figures. We're out of town on Sunday any way. Let me know next time, though!

I did get a good picture of her with my kids. I felt bad leaving--they'd just warmed up to each other and were having a blast destroying Chris' furniture when we had to go.

I think Tim and I exchanged a glance that basically said, "Eh, it's not our house." :rotfl::rotfl2:

::yes:: If it had been my house, they would have been everywhere.

Couldn't be more "active" than my kids!

Guys, I have an actual question for you...

I'm renting DVC points for our May trip, and was wondering how the check-in procedure differs from checking in at a resort, if at all. Especially if someone has done the points-renting thing and can walk me through any potential "gotchas", that would be great.

Thanks in advance.

I'm renting DVC points for our May trip, and was wondering how the check-in procedure differs from checking in at a resort, if at all. Especially if someone has done the points-renting thing and can walk me through any potential "gotchas", that would be great.

Thanks in advance.

I rented points for our trip in December. Check-in seemed to be just as easy for us as it was for everyone else. I don't think they have any way of knowing that I wasn't the owner of the DVC contract- not that I think it would matter anyway. Have fun.

Dirty pool Christopher, Dirty pool! "Let's hold off on closing the thread." :rotfl: Well played my friend, well played.

I play to win my friend... otherwise, one might as well just go home. Too many years of competing with my dad and brother in things, and coming out the loser 99% of the time I guess.

I can't believe it is snowing in Indianapolis!! :scared1: Please let the real Spring show itself soon. I am reay to thaw out. I wonder who will get snow for opening day?

Stupid spring. 76 degrees last week, and now this. This is definitely one thing I don't like about living in Indiana... the stupid weather fluctuates WAAAAAAAAY too much.

It is my personal belief that nobody should have to work on their birthday. :thumbsup2

Mine too! :thumbsup2

Thank you for drawing my attention outside to notice this. I just seeded some grass yesterday evening, so I was hoping we might get a light shower out of this instead of snow. Oh well, nothing we can do about it.

Mine was already turning a nice healthy green, flowers popping up, trees budding.... ugh. Let's just skip spring and bring on summer.

Thanks in advance.

Is the reservation in your name? Then you should have no problems, and nothing out of the ordinary. Just check-in, put your CC on file with the desk for charging privileges (or not, if you so choose), and enjoy! There really is nothing special about the process on the check-in side of the equation.

I rented points for our trip in December. Check-in seemed to be just as easy for us as it was for everyone else. I don't think they have any way of knowing that I wasn't the owner of the DVC contract- not that I think it would matter anyway. Have fun.

Is the reservation in your name? Then you should have no problems, and nothing out of the ordinary. Just check-in, put your CC on file with the desk for charging privileges (or not, if you so choose), and enjoy! There really is nothing special about the process on the check-in side of the equation.

Perfect. Thanks, guys. The reservation is in my name; I have been checking that throughout the process.

Entire? Hardly. I have about 10 or12 thousand images +/-, maybe even more when factoring in the unscanned stuff still in boxes and albums , last night just barely scratched the surface. I have no clue how many I actually posted, but I'll guess around 150.:confused3. The majority were from 3 specific and distinct visits to DL, others were random vintage shots from DL, and the vintage WDW ones were from either my first visit in 1991 or my 2nd visit in 1992- I don't recall which.

I'm looking forward to the end of this page so we can have the DIS Dad's Iron Poster picture challenge.

not bad, page 10!!:lmao:
happy birthday aaron!!! im turning 23 in august this year.(again)
congrats stopher on shutting down 7, if i gambled, i would have won a pot full!:thumbsup2
i didnt read the entire 30 pages that i missed. i hope everyone is doing fine. i see dvczerfs was pretty quiet on #7.:lmao: ill try to stay in the loop better the next few days.:thumbsup2

You know... just thinking back over last night - and taking a look at some of my handy work... this one really set my mind in to overdrive to make it happen last night.... and knew that I would

Post # 3423, page 229

Wow it got quiet. Everyone must be watching Tangled

DisDad Member #188

:lmao::rotfl2::rotfl:

He was the first to post on each thread?
Close - last to post. It's a coveted position that usually ends with us posting at the rate of 500-800 posts per hour vying for that honor.

Whoever is coming through the Denver area wait until late May then the pool will be open for the kiddos to swim in. BBQ is open all year round though!!
Heck, I'm just trying to find a way to move back there. I'd be out of driving distance from the house of mouse but I'd be back home. Of course that means 1) finding a job, 2) packing our stuff, and 3) leaving everything we now have here. I think we're waiting until the kids are out of the house first.

What part of Indiana are you rolling through?

I'll be in Indianapolis for a day or so. Where are you located?

A. I'm flattered that you think I could do that with a pitching wedge.
B. It takes at least my 4 iron to put a hole in aircraft grade aluminum. But only if it's 30 or 40 yards to the right of where I was actually aiming.

Whoops, too late. I already sent the FAA over to your office. Just tell them it was middlepat.

Couldn't be more "active" than my kids!

Still want to meet them next time!

Stopher between all the great pics of DL last night and the description of cars land you've posted I'm starting to think your still a DL castmember in charge of increasing admissions.

Page 11 Really?

:sad2:

We needs our own Forum.

I was thinking about that. As hard as it is to keep up with 15 pages a day on one thread, I would think it would be harder to keep up with 2 pages a day on each of 9+ threads. Conversations would cross threads, guys would miss out on topics, pandemonium in the streets, fire and brimstone coming down from the skies! Rivers and seas boiling! Forty years of darkness! Earthquakes, volcanoes. The dead rising from the grave! Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!

Ok, those last few may have if the containment grid is shut down and thousands of ghosts are released in New York City. Either way, I think our own forum would make my head spin.

Page 11 Really?

:sad2:

We needs our own Forum.

No, we need a chat room as quick as this thing moves sometimes.

I was thinking about that. As hard as it is to keep up with 15 pages a day on one thread, I would think it would be harder to keep up with 2 pages a day on each of 9+ threads. Conversations would cross threads, guys would miss out on topics, pandemonium in the streets, fire and brimstone coming down from the skies! Rivers and seas boiling! Forty years of darkness! Earthquakes, volcanoes. The dead rising from the grave! Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!

Ok, those last few may have if the containment grid is shut down and thousands of ghosts are released in New York City. Either way, I think our own forum would make my head spin.
I agree 100%. :faint:

Stopher between all the great pics of DL last night and the description of cars land you've posted I'm starting to think your still a DL castmember in charge of increasing admissions.

:lmao:

No.

I haven't been officially employed by the Mouse for about 20 years. In fact, I've given them entirely too much money in that 20 year span - that far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far exceeds what they ever gave me while I was in their employ. But that's okay, really.

I just have an inordinate love for Walt's park... the one that started it all. The only one he actually walked in, ate in, slept in... the one that was the inspiration for 4 other "Magic Kingdoms" around the world... plus the other existing parks, and soon to be parks. The one that I grew up with - and truly is the Granddaddy of all theme parks. That's all.

Oh - and yeah - you really should plan a trip out there too. Not that it will benefit me in any way, but you'll have a grand experience, and I'll enjoy knowing you've enjoyed it...and even be jealous of you for being able to be there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter