The DIS Dad's Club VIII - The Online Mancave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, Don! Looks good again!

Happy Birthday AJ and Commando!

Blues News: The Blue Angels will be in Lakeland, FL, this weekend for an airshow. David does not travel to this one so Ryan will be the #1 Geek at this show.

Christopher finally pulls off a win! And to think, he only had to post his entire picture gallery to do it! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Okay, back to yesterday:

1) Thank you to all the encouragement re: the GF swap. I'll keep you informed. We've got a lot of great friends both local and online who have been living GF for 10-20 years so we've got a ton of great recipes. One of whom is going to come by tomorrow with some of her baked goodies for my wife to sample. We've also found an app for our phones (android) that scans barcodes of food to see if it's GF and another that finds local restaurants and explains what you can and can't eat as well as their response to patrons with allergy issues.

2) Seriously - how many pictures did you post, Christopher? Wait, no - how many trips did you cover?

Entire? Hardly. I have about 10 or12 thousand images +/-, maybe even more when factoring in the unscanned stuff still in boxes and albums , last night just barely scratched the surface. I have no clue how many I actually posted, but I'll guess around 150.:confused3. The majority were from 3 specific and distinct visits to DL, others were random vintage shots from DL, and the vintage WDW ones were from either my first visit in 1991 or my 2nd visit in 1992- I don't recall which.

You're welcome Mike. Yes, there truly are so many differences between the two resorts. I could have kept going and going... but thankfully didn't need to. I've said it many times before and it bears repeating... Disneyland is definitely worthwhile - and every Disney fan should make it out there at least once in their lifetime.

I appreciated the pics as well. DL is definitley on my bucket list :thumbsup2

That is so very nice!! :thumbsup2

Hope we can do the same in July Mark...

Well, we've got a date on the calendar... let's just make it happen!

So you got a break from the Famous Oblivious Family PB&J road trip sandwiches?

Or did you get DisDadDoc Brand PB&J? :rotfl2:

Doc grilled up burgers, dogs and brats. He clearly knows his audience well. :thumbsup2 Although I just realized that we had the kids calling him "Mr." instead of the well-earned title "Dr." the whole time. D'oh!

We ate at one place in NH for lunch that served grilled fluffernutters. Yes, I said grilled fluffernutters. Mmmmm...

Any interest in a New England TR on the DisDads.com site?

Oh, and happy birthday Ron!

Thanks to all of the DisDads who helped with me trying to get the file converted to ringtone for my iPhone. It is still intact so I did not kick the Beverly out of it.....yet :rotfl2:

First off, Happy Birthday Commando and AJRitz. I am sure that we will be on page 40 by the time I go back to work tomorrow. I am off to unload some trucks for the band, Yes today at Penns Peak. Then some soccer practices and another fantasy draft. maybe I will stop by tonight. Have a fun day everyone.

REALLY? 6th place? I can do better then this, Gentlemen!:rotfl2:
Your a bum, HAHA. Only sixth?? You could definitely do better.

Just in cas anyone is wondering.Here are our thread closing winners lol
DDCI ---Dave
DDCII---Don
DDCIII---Tim
DDCIV----Michael(Fed)
DDCV----Mark
DDCVI---Ian
DDCVII--- Christopher

He was the first to post on each thread?

You have GOT to be kidding me...we're off line down here for a few days, and we're six pages into Thread VIII?

What in the world...:lmao::lmao::lmao:

So what'd I miss?? Who got to close the last thread that was what? Two weeks old?:lmao::lmao:

Well, we've got a date on the calendar... let's just make it happen!

Doc grilled up burgers, dogs and brats. He clearly knows his audience well. :thumbsup2 Although I just realized that we had the kids calling him "Mr." instead of the well-earned title "Dr." the whole time. D'oh!

We ate at one place in NH for lunch that served grilled fluffernutters. Yes, I said grilled fluffernutters. Mmmmm...

Oh, and happy birthday Ron!

For sure!! Send it to ajritz@disdads.com he will post it for you. Or ask him to get you the status to be able to do it yourself.

again?

Whoever is coming through the Denver area wait until late May then the pool will be open for the kiddos to swim in. BBQ is open all year round though!!

"I didn't spend 6 years in Evil Medical school to be called Mr. Evil."
or, a little more Disney-centric
"That's Mr. Dr. Evil Porkchop to you!"

::yes:: I hope you have grilled fluffernutter pictures.

Hey after looking at the first page I realized we will be in WDW at the same time late Nov. early Dec. We have to get a meeting together down there.
Yep, we'll see what we can work out... do you like roller coasters? I might need a riding buddy if I leave DW and DS to sleep in on our MVMCP morning.:lmao:

If threads keep getting closed down as fast as VII did ,Don is going to want a pay raise:lmao::rotfl2:
:lmao::lmao:

Sure... we can double his salary, no problem! :lmao:
That's what I was thinking! :thumbsup2

Picture4.jpg

Great to meet you guys yesterday! I wish we could have spent more time hanging out--Chris and his DW were nice enough to open their home to us and make lunch for my whole family, and Tim and his DD were nice enough to drive a half-hour out of their way just to make the meet happen. They're great people, and a lot of fun. I hope we can do it again someday. Always great to exchange a "virtual" friendship for the chance to shake a buddy's hand and hang out.
It was great meeting you and the family yesterday. I wish we had more time. Did you make it through NY ok?

That’s one of those unwritten Dad creeds: “If it ain’t broken, then we might just need to break it.”
I like this! :thumbsup2

So you got a break from the Famous Oblivious Family PB&J road trip sandwiches?

Or did you get DisDadDoc Brand PB&J? :rotfl2:
:lmao::lmao:

Thanks to all of the DisDads who helped with me trying to get the file converted to ringtone for my iPhone. It is still intact so I did not kick the Beverly out of it.....yet :rotfl2:
Too bad you don't have an android. There is no converting. Just use a MP3 and you can trim it right in the phone to make the perfect length! :thumbsup2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!