The College Program Questions thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone! There is so much great info on this board...thanks! I want to apply for Spring 2007 when the time rolls around. The costuming role is definately what I want to do but I can't find any info on it other than what is on their website. Has anyone had this role?...knew someone whos had the role?...know anything about it at all? Any info would be great! Oh...and I'm mostly interested in working with the characters and their costumes if that makes any sort of a difference. As long as I'm doing more than just cleaning the clothes I'd be happy!

So I was wondering... I have a tattoo on the top of my foot.. it doesn't show if I wear socks, I know it will have to be covered while at work and class and that is no problem, but I was wondering if I will be able to wear flip-flops around the apartment, and apartment complex?? Also if I decide to go to the parks on my day off???

tif_64 said:
So I was wondering... I have a tattoo on the top of my foot.. it doesn't show if I wear socks, I know it will have to be covered while at work and class and that is no problem, but I was wondering if I will be able to wear flip-flops around the apartment, and apartment complex?? Also if I decide to go to the parks on my day off???

That is fine. You can wear flip-flops with it on your day off.

I have been going back and forth on if I should do this or not. The thing is I can only do after I graduate and complete my college education, which throws it a bit off for me. Part of me says I am going to have over $25,000 in loans and I could get a good job after I finish and begin paying those off. The sooner the better. Plus, what if I get offered an AMAZING job but they say they will give it to somebody else if I go? The other part of me says that I will work the rest of my life, and this is the only time EVER I will be able to go to WDW for 6+ months. So it's tough.

What is the 6 year thing? Haven't heard of it?

We were talking about being in college for 6 years!! LOL! :rotfl: Sorry for the confusion!!! What about doing the summer program? Then you wouldn't really miss school. Well, good luck on making your decision!!

Hey there. So - I'm in character performing, but I'm hoping to audition for parades and all that good stuff in my fall CP (I arrive on Sept 4). What kind(s) of dance shoes should I bring with me? I'm working on the "to bring" list and as I was packing my costumes/shoes away after my dance recital I thought of this. Also, let's say I do make it into a parade or something - do they provide shoes or is that required of me to buy?

So, how hot is it really when working in the warmer months? Do you get used to it? Also, I'm a person who doesn't really like to deal with kids my age, will I be all right in the dorms without knowing anyone.(unless i can convince my friend!)

weirdpaintballr said:
So, how hot is it really when working in the warmer months? Do you get used to it? Also, I'm a person who doesn't really like to deal with kids my age, will I be all right in the dorms without knowing anyone.(unless i can convince my friend!)

It depends. It can get pretty warm, and it can also get pretty cold. For example, last year in February on one day I was in shorts and a t-shirt, while literally the next day I was in sweats and a heavy jacket.

MissHolly said:
Hey there. So - I'm in character performing, but I'm hoping to audition for parades and all that good stuff in my fall CP (I arrive on Sept 4). What kind(s) of dance shoes should I bring with me? I'm working on the "to bring" list and as I was packing my costumes/shoes away after my dance recital I thought of this. Also, let's say I do make it into a parade or something - do they provide shoes or is that required of me to buy?

You can wear athletic shoes for the auditions. If you are a trained dancer and have a good chance to go farther in the auditions, I'd prolly bring jazz sneakers.

If you make parades, they will provide everything you will need.

weirdpaintballr said:
So if you sign up for operations ar your role, what are some jobs that you may have to do?

Work Fastpasses (if there is some there), be greeter (stand at the entrance), actually work the ride, be loader (load the people into the ride)- these are some for a start.

Operations can be doing anything for an attraction (seating people, giving a speach on the PA, counting people at the photocell, checking/collecting/running fastpass, cleaning the area around your attraction, sitting in the attraction tower), running the turnstyles in the front of the park, parking cars in the parking lot, running the parking tram, or taking cash at the toll both

AladdinJay said:
I have been going back and forth on if I should do this or not. The thing is I can only do after I graduate and complete my college education, which throws it a bit off for me. Part of me says I am going to have over $25,000 in loans and I could get a good job after I finish and begin paying those off. The sooner the better. Plus, what if I get offered an AMAZING job but they say they will give it to somebody else if I go? The other part of me says that I will work the rest of my life, and this is the only time EVER I will be able to go to WDW for 6+ months. So it's tough.

I feel the same way when you said that you will work for the rest of your life and this would be the only time you ever would be able to go to WDW for 6+ months.

I am going to enter my last year of undergrad as a psych major with plans to apply to nursing school, but I really, really want to do the CP. If I started nursing school, I would never be able to do the CP. But if I do the CP, then later I go apply to nursing programs. I hope you do what you truly want to do. Even though many people may wonder why I want to do this internship, and I will be delaying grad school for 6 months to a year, I feel like it's a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity that I really want to experience. I have heard only good things to come out of doing this program.

weirdpaintballr said:
So, does anyone have anything negative to say about the CP?

Working gets in the way of my Parks time ;)

The college program is like any other full-time job you start out in. The schedule, pay and weather sometime suck and it does get on everyone's nerve at one point or another on the college program. Most CPs on the program will also gripe and complain about things... but once you finish the program and look back on it, it is then you see the whole picture of the program and what it has done for you. And you will see how petty some of your complaints were to the whole picture of the situation

hey, i read the first 20 pages or so of this thread, and didn't see what i needed to know, so if it's on another page, Sorry about repeating:

1.) Is it required that you live in the dorms while you do the program? by the time i plan on applying, i'll be married and i don't really want to live somewhere without my DFi. He's not interested in the CP. he will have already graduated from College.

2.) i thought i read somewhere you can apply to do the CP for the seimster AFTER you graduate? is this true, because i'll be graduating from Community college and getting ready to transfer to a 4 year school. i'd be willing to take a seismester or year off to do the program, and possibly find a school in the florida area to attend afterwards. we've decided that we want to live in florida.

3.) can the CP program help you get a full-time "real" job with disney? i've wanted to work in Disney Marketing for sometime now and i have a feeling it's going to be hard to get my foot in the door there..

4.) Could someone tell me what they pay? i've looked a little on the websites, but haven't come across much.

TIA for answers...i've just found out about this but a few weeks ago...what a dream! :cloud9:

TaraLee4 said:
1.) Is it required that you live in the dorms while you do the program?

2.) i thought i read somewhere you can apply to do the CP for the seimster AFTER you graduate?

3.) can the CP program help you get a full-time "real" job with disney?

4.) Could someone tell me what they pay?

1. You don't have to live at the complex, but your paycheck will still go to pay for the room. You'll still be listed as being there, but physically you won't.

2. True

3. It will give you the opportunity to network and possibly find someone who can help you get the job you want.

4. I think it's around $6.90.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter