The College Program Questions thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

teh fish

DIS Veteran
Hey guys, since a lot of posts are about the College Program, I thought maybe this would be a good place to keep everything in one place. Ask questions, get answers, tell about your experiences, etc.

I was a CP from Jan. to August '05. I was in operations at the Magic Kingdom doing the Haunted Mansion and switched to entertainment as a performer.

I had my interview last Tuesday and requested the Haunted Mansion, it's a classic attraction that I would just love to work at. How was your experience working at the HM?

Cool, HM is my first choice (I really want to do operations, I interview tomorrow). It must be pretty hard to get though, I'm sure everybody wants to work there.

binigrl417 said:
Cool, HM is my first choice (I really want to do operations, I interview tomorrow). It must be pretty hard to get though, I'm sure everybody wants to work there.

Good Luck with the interview. :cheer2:

hey teh fish, you were a great character performer! :earboy2: Hopefully I can be one too (that's my dream. :cloud9: )

I am thinking about doing the college program fall 06 or spring 07. I want to know how hard it is to get into it. I would also like to know the difference between CP and Advanced CP. My advisor at school is not being very helpful. I was also wondering if you need to save up money for things like tolietries? I have heard that it does not pay well. Thank you to anyone that responds. :banana:

degrassi26,

The Mansion was pretty cool. It ruined the magic, but hey, working at WDW does that too you. Everynight, two of us would have to walk through the entire ride picking up loose items dropped by guests, which was pretty cool. Not having to smile was great, b/c there were those days...And if you're a CP, you're definitely working the afternoon/closing shift. You get to walk through Adventureland in your Mansion costume with no guests in the park.

binigrl, Mansion is number 2 on the most requested, right after Tower of Terror.

Joanna, thanks! Always nice to meet people AFTER you get a picture with them.

Stitch_lover, it's not that difficult to get into the CP. Just make sure you quality for it. The difference between regular program and advanced is the advanced is more of an internship with you being able to get management or actual work experience, unless you're thinking of advantage, which is just working over the summer in addition to the semester. Also, while the pay per hour isn't that much, as a CP you're guaranteed 30 hrs. If you make your lunch and don't go out and spend it, you'll actually save some money. Overtime is where it's at.

Thank you so much but now for the really stupid question how do you know if you qualify? :confused3

they have it on the website http://www.wdwcollegeprogram.com/sap/its/mimes/zh_wdwcp/apply/app_req.html

1. Enrolled as a Full Time or Part Time Student
Students must be enrolled currently in a college or university in the United States and have completed at least one semester.

2. Good Academic Standing
Students must be in good academic standing (2.0 or higher).

3. Work Authorization
Participation in this program also requires unrestricted work authorization.

Stitch_lover_Sith, I am hoping to apply for Fall 2006 as well. I think it would be really cool to help open the celebration, and then close it too. I would LOVE to do either entertainment or operations. I've already done 1 CP (Jan. to Aug. 2005) so I want to do another one as I want to work at Disney full-time one day.

I'm planning on doing the CP in Spring of 2007... I need at least 45 credits to do it in my school.

i just saw that they now have one for people on quarter system!!! im so excited now.

There's no IP thread, so excuse me while I shamelessly muscle in on your's. :teeth:

What's the accomodation like? How much space do you get?

On the ruining the magic scale, just how bad is it? If I worked at Epcot, would I still be able to ride Snow White's Scary Adventures 3 times in a row and scream like a girl?

So, I had my interview today, I think I did pretty well, but I don't want to jinx it. They asked me all the questions everyone has mentioned, the space mountain one, the merchandise one, the best and worst moments at my current job, my favorite thing to do at Disney and, why I think I'm good for the job. I said no the QSF&B question. My first choice is operations, but I also applied for merchandise, hospitality and full service food and beverage. Now I play the waiting game, I'm not gonna be able to concentrate. :banana:

I am also playing the waiting game!! I can not concentrate at all- all i want to do is check my mail and see if anything has arrived yet! haha. goodluck everyone still waiting.!!! :smooth:

Suzy,

The IP people actually get their own complex, so you'll be near all the hot French guys. The complex is near Chatham Square, one of the CP complexes. Plus, you get your own washer/dryer, while everyone else has to use pay washers and dryers.

So I've done all of the stuff I neede dI'm a theater Major.. I did the aplication, the preentaion the interview and the Audition I drove hours to get To and I O got a call the other day!!! I'm going to be a performer at Walt Disney World for the spring semester!!! I'malso going to be working closly with Winnie the Pooh and others :) I'm SUPER EXCITED!!! WOOT! :paw:

What have you heard about Vista Way v. Chatham/where do you hope to live?

Are you planning on taking any of the classes while down in Disney?

I've been accepted as a resort hopper for the spring advantage program. Originally, I was going to take classes, but I think I might just have fun in my free time. I'm a bit indecisive like that. I'm also having some trouble figuring out which the pros and cons of each.

Hi my name is patty I will be doing operations in the spring...I hope to live in Chatham, from the pics I've seen Chatham looks nicer. i do not plan on taking any classes since i won't be able to get any credit for them. :wizard:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter