The ABC's of Sauntering Through WDW- J is for: Just Like That, It's Judiciously Ended! (4/23)

I got the Yeti to agree to repair the tracks. Don’t hold your breath, he contracted with a State Highway Dept. Crew. Could be this year; could be next.

:laughing:

Luckily, Walt knew this because Lillian was 56 years old when Disneyland opened, and he put bathrooms about every 5 minutes apart at a nice sauntering pace.

:rotfl: Oh yeah, that seems to check out!

Life was great, I was knocking items off my Scavenger Hunt list left and right, and I was on top of my game. It was hot, but not unseasonably so, and I’d kept myself pretty well hydrated; what could possibly go wrong?!

Uh oh...famous last words.

Though it seems like it really was quite a lovely day up till that point. :goodvibes

For the record, I have no idea to this day why I'd get my first ever, and only to date, bloody noses then. Animal Kingdom was changed forever on Oct. 5, 2018.

Oh my goodness!!! What a crazy event!! :scared1::scared1: How strange! :confused3 I'm so glad you were okay, but what a weird and disconcerting thing to have happen anywhere, and especially on vacation at Disney.

Coincidentally, and ironically, NO LIE, as I came out of the bathroom, I saw one of these:

maxresdefault-324x160.jpg

:eek: No. Way.

:rotfl: Oh yeah, that seems to check out!

I confess, I had to Google ;)

Uh oh...famous last words.

Though it seems like it really was quite a lovely day up till that point. :goodvibes

It really was. And afterwards, when things were under control, it continued to be. :)

Oh my goodness!!! What a crazy event!! :scared1::scared1: How strange! :confused3 I'm so glad you were okay, but what a weird and disconcerting thing to have happen anywhere, and especially on vacation at Disney.

It was SO crazy!! Totally unexpected and scary. Especially that it went for so long. And most of all completely embarrassing. UGH!

If I hadn't been so flustered, I'd have taken a picture of it. LOL!

Friends, been a bit of a different Christmas for me this year. I'd love to see your photos of all of your celebrations! Show off your trees, food, decorations, house lights, etc... bring a smile to my face!

IMG_2683.JPG IMG_2694.JPG

Hi Liesa! Merry Christmas!

Here are the mini hot chocolate cheesecakes I made for dessert:

SCeZwq3.jpg

And here's a precious moment from my Christmas—my little cousin, who's almost 10 now, got to see my niece for the first time in a year. He's very taken with her, and she kept bringing him her storybook for him to read to her, which made him feel very important. It was lovely!

gkznv15.png

4RMEBKy.png

It's definitely a delicate balance. If I don't work enough, I struggle to pay my bills; too much and I quickly slide into burnout. By Friday I am seriously wiped out. That's working 4 days 8-13 hours each shift.

It's a balance all right.
Need to win that stupid lotto.
Need to play it, first.
But want someone else to buy me the ticket, since I can do math.

I desperately want to be saving for trips and travel, but it's hard.

That's what she said.

:rolleyes1

:duck:

That's a funny way of talking. :teeth:

Yes and...

And I'm sure she was being serious when she said it.

...yes.

Neufs have a language all their own. :)

Standing ovation?

I'm doing it right now. You just can't see it.

Me too. I'd like to again sometime.

Maybe with your mom in May?

Pictures to take!

::yes::

I liked the mustard and the fondue sauce they serve it with. A step up from the cart ones.

mmmm… yummy.

UnQuestionably.

Roller coasters are not easy to get. ;)

Safely directing traffic with signals.

Up, up and away!

Vigilant hunting paid off!

Who me?

eXcited are we?

I see you caught that. :)

I did! And it did. And now I"m on day #4 of time off and have tomorrow off too. The rest has been wonderful. Did some fun things and I will post a few outtakes here in a bit.

Good! And... looking forward to the outtakes.
(might be there already. Getting there!)

It really lends itself so well to telling a story. I love how Disney can transport you to a completely different time era and give you the setting to step into a role now and then.

::yes::

Me too!! I think the live music has GOT to be good.

Oh! Yes! Hadn't thought of that. I was thinking more of the spectacle. But yes!

Wouldn't it? Kinda like Dapper Day, but even better and more!

Yeah!

I think you'd enjoy it a lot. Hope you can get there soon.

Maybe some day. :)

Mmm, and that's what I'm making for my contribution to tomorrow's dinner.

Yum!

The animals and I connected on deep levels (they respond well to Kusifari’s Cinnamon Rolls)

Well... sure. Who wouldn't? It's a cinnamon roll, hello!

I got the Yeti to agree to repair the tracks.

Finally! They've been broken for years. Slacker.

visiting Heaven by stuffing my face with a bowl of Shrimp Mac and Cheese,

watching a gorilla have a private toga party

Um... what????

I usually have to find a bathroom about every 5 minutes...

You suffer from IBTTB syndrome, don't you.

Luckily, Walt knew this because Lillian was 56 years old when Disneyland opened, and he put bathrooms about every 5 minutes apart at a nice sauntering pace.

So that's why.

Lovely area, isn't it? Best bathrooms in the park. Seriously. And I had NO idea they were even there!

Good to know. And probably will never use them.

Had I known that that simple act of relieving myself (not that kind! I haven’t even gotten to the bathroom yet!)

would open up something kinda like the spillways of Hoover Dam, and would gush blood at about 14 million gallons a second, I’d maybe have resisted the urge to scratch that tickle.

Oh dear. :scared:

I tilted my head back which made me almost immediately add vomit to the mix.

Oh no! You barfed too!?!?!?

Aim it at other guests to clear out the park?

Now there's a thought!

No, that might get yourself thrown out.

Oh. Okay, forget it then.

Stand there and do nothing because you’re literally too shocked and mortified to think of anything else? Yep. That works.

Good plan! Lemme know how that works out.

a nice gentlemen walked by and offered to grab me some napkins.

Lucky he was there and did that.

Some dine-and-dashers tried to use that exit during the ensuing panic but decided not to give their children nightmares for the rest of their lives,

(Don’t worry, Disney recouped their money by selling it to the local blood bank.)

Always an angle with Disney. Always.

Um... ew.
Feeling a bit sick right now...

I immediately leaned over the sink, and which only allowed some of my blood to splash up onto the counter, mirror, faucet and even floor.

Good Lord! This was no little nose bleed, was it!?!?!

After about 5 minutes, a lady tapped me on the shoulder and asked if I needed some help, or if she could get someone for me.

Another good Samaritan. :)
Nice there are still people in the world ready to help a stranger in need.

Her Hazmat suit communicated genuine concern.

I thought I heard sirens in the distance but realized after a minute or two it was only the ringing in my ears from total, complete, utter mortification.

Nah... No need to be embarrassed. It happens. :hug:

After 10 or so minutes, I let go hoping, thinking surely that had to be over with.

Whoops!!! Nope!

Oh, dear. Usually, 10 minutes would be enough. I've had one or two that bad... but not in a long time.

That day I got to supply the Glory Hole of Sanguine Reservoir with ample enough blood to make the Texas Chainsaw Massacre blush.

:lmao:

a wad of TP shoved up each nostril couldn’t take care of.

Such a good look. Very sexy.

Sadly, that was not the last bloody nose I’d get that day. But it did hold off until I was back in my room.

:( Sorry to hear that.

I wonder what Mousekeeping thought when they saw the white sheets with blood all over them.

Oh, geez. Um... Serial Killer lives here?

For the record, I have no idea to this day why I'd get my first ever, and only to date, bloody noses then.

Wait... that was your first bloody nose??? Ever????

NO LIE, as I came out of the bathroom, I saw one of these:

maxresdefault-324x160.jpg

Not. Even. Kidding. Mounted on the wall, right by the bathroom.

And you didn't use it. Lame.

;)

Friends, been a bit of a different Christmas for me this year. I'd love to see your photos of all of your celebrations! Show off your trees, food, decorations, house lights, etc... bring a smile to my face!

View attachment 371635 View attachment 371636

Well... shoot.
Funny. Yesterday I cooked for... ever... and was going to take a photo of the spread, but... hunger won out. Ah well.

SCeZwq3.jpg

And here's a precious moment from my Christmas—my little cousin, who's almost 10 now, got to see my niece for the first time in a year. He's very taken with her, and she kept bringing him her storybook for him to read to her, which made him feel very important. It was lovely!

gkznv15.png

4RMEBKy.png
Awwwww!!!!

SCeZwq3.jpg

gkznv15.png

4RMEBKy.png

Aren't those the CUTEST!!! You are so talented!

And awwwwwwwwww, how sweet a moment. I'm so glad you had family around you to celebrate with you and enjoy!

:teacher:
It's a balance all right.
Need to win that stupid lotto.
Need to play it, first.
But want someone else to buy me the ticket, since I can do math.

I play every once in a great while. Never won much more than $10. Although I have known people that have won $1,000.

That's what she said.

:duck:

:eek:

...yes.

Neufs have a language all their own. :)

Someday I'd sure like to go there.

I'm doing it right now. You just can't see it.

YAY ME!!

Maybe with your mom in May?

Nope. Been penciling it out and we just can't it in in the short time we'll be there.

I see you caught that.

I is smart. ;)

Good! And... looking forward to the outtakes.
(might be there already. Getting there!)

Will post in a bit. :)

Oh! Yes! Hadn't thought of that. I was thinking more of the spectacle. But yes!

I think it's an "everything adds up to WoW!" sort of place.

Well... sure. Who wouldn't? It's a cinnamon roll, hello!

I think I took a photo of it. Mmmm! It was Gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood.

Finally! They've been broken for years. Slacker.

He's a bit.... unapproachable.

Um... what????

I promise I'll eventually get to that. ;)

You suffer from IBTTB syndrome, don't you.

Sigh.... yes.

Good to know. And probably will never use them.

Because you don't. (have IBTTBS)

Oh no! You barfed too!?!?!?

NO, but almost did when the blood ran down my throat. NOT a good idea to put your head back!

Um... ew.
Feeling a bit sick right now...

Steppe's TR: The newest trend in diet plans for 2019.

Good Lord! This was no little nose bleed, was it!?!?!

No. The good news is that for all the mess I made all over AK, my clothes stayed relatively red cell free.

Another good Samaritan. :)
Nice there are still people in the world ready to help a stranger in need.

It restored my hope for humanity.

Oh, dear. Usually, 10 minutes would be enough. I've had one or two that bad... but not in a long time.

I hope to never have one again.

Such a good look. Very sexy.

Heeeey, Baby....

Oh, geez. Um... Serial Killer lives here?

Or a 13 year old trying to shave for the first time.

Wait... that was your first bloody nose??? Ever????

Yes.
And you didn't use it. Lame.

I imagine it was for cuts or something that could be helped with tourniquet or towels. ?

Here are the outtakes you asked for:

First off, I will say that the weather totally sucked for any photography whatsoever. So, no sky worth crap, and it was just generally misty and yucky not to mention WINDY!!! I looked up the wind velocity when I got home for the Vista House (that round building down there) and it was gusting to 65 mph with sustained winds at 55!!! Bordering on dangerous, so didn't take as much time as I'd have liked. Didn't have time anyway! I had a train to Christmas Town to catch!

Anyway, I give you... The Columbia Gorge!

IMG_8875.JPG IMG_8878.JPG IMG_8890.JPG

Then I visited a couple of waterfalls. The first is Latourell Falls and then the famous Mulnomah Falls, Oregon's #1 tourist attraction.

IMG_8903.JPG IMG_8909.JPG

IMG_8921.JPG

Then, I took a train ride from Hood River to Christmas Town. Geared towards kids, but a fun time anyway.

IMG_8941.JPG

IMG_9004.JPG

IMG_9030.JPG

Then I raced back to Salem to join a photography Club outing to our local, historical woolen mill that they decorate with thousands of lights, and actually fire up the old looms for.

IMG_9049.JPG

cont....

On an entirely different note, has anyone reading ever tried Bongos? I'm looking for a place to try at DTD for the kids and I next Sept. Here are some thoughts:

1) They LOVE Raglan Road because of the entertainment and we'll be going there earlier in the week.

2) None of us are picky eaters at all and we're willing to try anything.

3) Only 1 of them will be 21, and he will be only newly so. Would it be a place for under 21 too?

How was the food? Service? Noise level?

I play every once in a great while. Never won much more than $10. Although I have known people that have won $1,000.

I almost never play.
A very occasional scratch ticket... mmm... maybe one or two every year or three?

Someday I'd sure like to go there.

me too! High on the bucket list.

Nope. Been penciling it out and we just can't it in in the short time we'll be there.

Ah. Well... maybe some other time.
There are actually some people out there who have annual passes! Can you imagine that?

I is smart. ;)

:laughing: Yes you are.

I think it's an "everything adds up to WoW!" sort of place.

::yes:: I believe you!

I think I took a photo of it. Mmmm! It was Gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood.

want.

He's a bit.... unapproachable.

Bit gruff, is he?

I promise I'll eventually get to that. ;)

Okay!

Because you don't. (have IBTTBS)

Nope!

NO, but almost did when the blood ran down my throat. NOT a good idea to put your head back!

:sad2:

Steppe's TR: The newest trend in diet plans for 2019.

Very effective.

erk.

No. The good news is that for all the mess I made all over AK, my clothes stayed relatively red cell free.

Really! Well... small miracles.

I hope to never have one again.

At least not like that. :hug:

Heeeey, Baby....

Or a 13 year old trying to shave for the first time.

Eep!

Really! How does one go through life without ever having a nose bleed!?!?!?

No wonder you were scared!
(I get the sense that you were. No?)

I imagine it was for cuts or something that could be helped with tourniquet or towels. ?

Yes, I gathered that too. Was (sort of) kidding. Then again, would have had gauze which might have helped some.

Well, shoot! That IS too bad. :(

Yeah... oh well...

So, no sky worth crap, and it was just generally misty

I disagree. I think the sky was great for your Gorge photos. Really adds depth to the photo, especially that first one.

it was gusting to 65 mph with sustained winds at 55!!!

:eek: Holy crap! You'll blow away!

Anyway, I give you... The Columbia Gorge!

Beautiful! Especially like the first shot.

This is stunning.
And a bright sky would've just killed the photo.

Then, I took a train ride from Hood River to Christmas Town. Geared towards kids, but a fun time anyway.

How cool is that!?!? Excellent!

Awww... great shot.
Did Santa give you a candy cane? :)

Then I raced back to Salem to join a photography Club outing to our local, historical woolen mill that they decorate with thousands of lights, and actually fire up the old looms for.

Wow!
1. You did lots that day!
2. I would've loved to have done the same!

Pretty.

Like this shot too. :)
Like them all... but those are the standouts to me. :)

On an entirely different note, has anyone reading ever tried Bongos? I'm looking for a place to try at DTD for the kids and I next Sept

Sorry, no I haven't. It's been (slightly) on my radar, though.

I went around the corner just out of the view of most other park go-ers and my nose had a little itch. I did what most people do and rubbed it lightly. Had I known that that simple act of relieving myself (not that kind! I haven’t even gotten to the bathroom yet!) would open up something kinda like the spillways of Hoover Dam, and would gush blood at about 14 million gallons a second, I’d maybe have resisted the urge to scratch that tickle.
Poor you!! Nosebleeds are the worst!

For the record, I have no idea to this day why I'd get my first ever, and only to date, bloody noses then. Animal Kingdom was changed forever on Oct. 5, 2018. Coincidentally, and ironically, NO LIE, as I came out of the bathroom, I saw one of these:
No way!

That bloody nose sounds very scary! I can't believe that at "after 50", you've never had one before! I haven't had one in a long time (knocks on wood).

I hope that you had a nice Christmas despite it's differences. Your deviled eggs look like they came out very nice!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts