The ABC's of Sauntering Through WDW- J is for: Just Like That, It's Judiciously Ended! (4/23)

I'm not sure if whether my company let us slide into overtime would be a good or bad thing for me. I'd be tempted to take it to pay bills and travel more, but I'd sure pay for it.

No one on their deathbed ever said "I wish I had worked more."

I'll bet the water was messed up there. No matter how much they SAY they are complying with regs... they ain't.

We had a girl from Newfoundland on our course when I was there way back then.
She commented "I ain't never seen so many people what done got beat with an ugly stick."

Shift work.

sucks

correct

Then just re-name it and enjoy. ;)

Just... re-name it... :faint:

Make it so.

I see what you did there.

Saunters off to ride the Haunted Mansion again.

Well said.

S is for: Second Sampling of Scavenger Scouring- DHS Pt. 2

Stupendous!

Neatly picking up where I left off, which was at Letter 'N', but not for nose... (I try to keep that pastime discreet),

:laughing: Nice. Don't care to share? :rolleyes:

Chock full of neon (and probably argon and helium and some other noble gases just for kicks and giggles)

Nobility is not just for the upper crust.

DHS is striking at night

Been a loooooong time since I've been there at night.

cuz I was somewhere else that night.

Places to go! People to see!

Okay, moving on...

Obviously. See previous comment.

Plushes are almost as outrageously expensive as sweatshirts. :rolleyes2

:laughing: Perfect!

Possibly my favourite snack. Love pretzels.

... more on the Baseline Taphouse in a future update...

Good! I've only recently heard of the place. Want to know more.

In case you're confused... that's a QUEUE.

Quite possibly the most common sight at Disney.

Really nice shot! I love the motion blur of the coaster.

The SEMAPHORES have always intrigued me as a cool thing from a bygone era. Ding, ding!!

Simple yet elegant. I once sat and just watched for several minutes.

Unique and cute photo of you. :)

Originally, "Villian" was on my list, but I abandoned that when I saw this infinitely better choice!

Very much better. I like your choice on that one.

While in Toy Story Land, why not pick up Letter 'W' with a WOODY. Uh, er, umm, here's the picture:

Whoa! Careful with the phrasing there! Or you'll get more than you bargained for.

EXactly where I had hoped to find Letter 'X', I sauntered into the Tune In Lounge after it opened and asked the bartender if he had anything X-rated. He may have blushed a little.

Alright, he didn't blush, but I DID ask for something X-RATED. He even put something on the counter for me.

X X
<
ww

See above comment. Oh my!

When I asked him to pose with it, he said no. I can't imagine why not. :confused3 Doesn't every guy secretly want to show off their x-rated stuff when a woman asks?

No I do not.
Not every woman is walking around with a magnifying glass.

Smart choice for X. Wouldn't have known about that one.

The Edison looks great for a date night, although a bit pricey.
Not really a family outing though, unless it's earlier in the day I suppose.
I do enjoy the throwback to that time period.

Today was a good, laze around sort of day which afforded time for not one but two updates!!

Good! Glad to hear you took an easy day. Hope that helped you feel somewhat better?

A girl walks into a bar and is taken back in time.

No joke.

No joke?
But it's a great set up line!

I'm just not that funny.

:rolleyes1

Smoke encircled the feathers in her hair as she coyly played with the beads fashionably draped over her neck. “Hey, Al, you know they’ll throw you in the Big House if they find you in this joint.” “Don’t worry, Steppsie, I’m packing heat and know the back way out.” “Okay, Al, but you know I don’t wanna see you in bracelets again.” "Funny, you should say that Doll Face, because I'd sure like..." She tuned him out as her attention was drawn to the stage....

Wow. You certainly paint an attractive picture. I'd love to be there right now.

this is a place that does, in my humble opinion, a bang up job at taking its visitors to a completely different world- much more so than most other restaurants on Disney property.

Really! Pretty high praise!

kids are not allowed in after 10:00 and the shows are meant for the over 21 crowd. Edgy is the word that comes to mind.

cool. So... now I wanna see what happens after 10pm!

The Nightmare Before Christmas Halloween Soiree

Man, that would be a ton of fun! Cool!

Looks like it started off on the right foot.

I swear Tim Burton and Johnny Depp should go to this place and channel some inspiration.

Or maybe this place was inspired by them?

this gigantic clock with exposed gearworks. It is fascinating to watch while you’re waiting to be called.

Cool. I like it. And... I presume your ADR was for 5:30?

The entire restaurant is elaborately themed with industrial era décor using pipes, vents, gears, rivets and ironwork. Edison bulbs are all over the place, as would be expected, and there are cozy, intimate corners like this that would be perfect for small gatherings of friends who want to share a few cocktails. Dark leather, brick and antique fixtures abound.

Love the look of the place. Pretty sure I want to go there. But don't think I'll have the chance in May.

Once I got my drink, I took a cruise around the place to take some photos. It was a fun little excursion. Enjoy your tour:

Thanks for those. Awesome place!

For my appetizer, I ordered the: Deviled Eggs, - crisp potatoes $12

I could see myself ordering that...

Organic Tomato Soup & Gooey Grilled Cheese - fontina, muenster, gruyere, alpine swiss, on buttered sourdough $20

… and that too. They both sound so good!

but even moreso, I’d love to period dress and go to a special event party.

::yes::

I'm surprised Olaf was difficult to find in DHS. Doesn't he still have a meet and greet there? I can't remember... But as the parent of two kids who love plush toys, I can attest to the high cost of them. I only take them in Disney stores if I'm prepared to drop 100 bucks on stuffed friends. :rotfl:

Love the picture with the umbrella.
Your X choice was very creative!

I was really looking forward to reading about your time at the Edison, and it did not disappoint. The place looks beautiful, and I love that it can be an adults-only spot after 10 o'clock. My sister in-law had her bachelorette party there this spring and said it was a perfect spot to hang out and watch the entertainment.

Since Gatsby is one of my favorite books, one of my Disney bucket list goals is to attend one of the Gatsby-themed nights! If you ever need a partner in crime for one of those events, and our trips overlap I will definitely join for you a night of merriment. I've already got my flapper dress...:rotfl2:

::yes::

Letter 'U' was one of the more FUN ones to get, although my item was a bit harder to find than I thought it'd be. While I hunted with frustration for Letter N, I grabbed an UMBRELLA and asked a nearby passerby to snap a photo.

I love this! How whimsical! And fun that you found a kind stranger to take the photo for you.

While in Toy Story Land, why not pick up Letter 'W' with a WOODY. Uh, er, umm, here's the picture:

:laughing:

Completely full, it was time to go. Yes, I love this place, if for the theming alone. Yes, I’d love to hit it up after hours sometime, but even moreso, I’d love to period dress and go to a special event party. Yes, I’d recommend it even to anyone who like science or history, and the service is decent. I think they do a good job of separating the vibes of the venues upstairs and down while keeping a cohesive whole.

Thanks for the excellent review! Your pictures are great - I'd love to check it out in there sometime!

Thank goodness we've finally outgrown those. Plushes, I mean. We never outgrow sweatshirts.

In case you're confused... that's a QUEUE.

In Disney World?? I don't believe you.

:rotfl2:

Doesn't every guy secretly want to show off their x-rated stuff when a woman asks?

Um...I don't know what guys you hang out with.

But, Letter 'Y' was a fairly easy one as I yielded my way into the Backlot Express to find some YELLOW MUSTARD. Look! It even comes in Mickey-shaped designs as if they anticipated my arrival.

I hope you ate more than that.

And it seems you haven't. Everything okay in your world, Alison?

Yeah, just busy, busy, busy. Update hopefully coming soon on my TR when I get caught up on everyone else's!

Dang! But it's been a few weeks... how about now?

Well we made it to my folks house, so at this point the only obligations are to sleep, eat and cook. But we set out a pretty daunting schedule of cooking, so we'll see how much time I have in the next couple days.

And it was again. only have one day off this week, and I am WAY too far behind of everyone's threads, so will likely be stagnant again for a while.

:laughing: But not long enough! I'm still not caught up.

I did read the first half of the DHS photo scavenger hunt. Nice pics. I'll catch up on the rest tomorrow. Got to go to bed. Really tired right now. Long day of good food, art and driving, well passengering.

I will for sure take loads of pics, and because I also have a sore knee I'm sure I will be extra observant of how much walking is involved. You will get a detailed report :)

GREAT!!! I needs to know! ;)

The Edison looks really cool! I should have brought my DH when we went in October, he likes that Steampunk vibe. Oh well, it'll definitely be on the list for next time :-)

I can say for sure that if he likes the Industrial/Steampunk vibe, he will enjoy this place. There's a lot of that going on and the food is pretty good!

No one on their deathbed ever said "I wish I had worked more."

It's definitely a delicate balance. If I don't work enough, I struggle to pay my bills; too much and I quickly slide into burnout. By Friday I am seriously wiped out. That's working 4 days 8-13 hours each shift. I desperately want to be saving for trips and travel, but it's hard.

We had a girl from Newfoundland on our course when I was there way back then.
She commented "I ain't never seen so many people what done got beat with an ugly stick."

That's a funny way of talking. :teeth:

And I'm sure she was being serious when she said it.

Just... re-name it... :faint:

Well, yeah.

I see what you did there.

;)

Stupendous!

Standing ovation?

:laughing: Nice. Don't care to share? :rolleyes:

Oh sure! I'm generous like that.

Nobility is not just for the upper crust.

Nope, there for all to share.

Been a loooooong time since I've been there at night.

Me too. I'd like to again sometime.

Places to go! People to see!

Pictures to take!

Positively!

Possibly my favourite snack. Love pretzels.

I liked the mustard and the fondue sauce they serve it with. A step up from the cart ones.

Good! I've only recently heard of the place. Want to know more.

It's bustling, but ... well review coming up at some point.

Quite possibly the most common sight at Disney.

UnQuestionably.

Really nice shot! I love the motion blur of the coaster.

Roller coasters are not easy to get. ;)

Simple yet elegant. I once sat and just watched for several minutes.

Safely directing traffic with signals.

Unique and cute photo of you. :)

Up, up and away!

Very much better. I like your choice on that one.

Vigilant hunting paid off!

Whoa! Careful with the phrasing there! Or you'll get more than you bargained for.

Who me?

X X
<
ww

See above comment. Oh my!

eXcited are we?

No I do not.
Not every woman is walking around with a magnifying glass.

Witty comeback.

Smart choice for X. Wouldn't have known about that one.

I wouldn't have either until my prior year's Drink Through the Alphabet Quest.

The Edison looks great for a date night, although a bit pricey.
Not really a family outing though, unless it's earlier in the day I suppose.
I do enjoy the throwback to that time period.

Yes, I think for a date night or for taking your adult-aged kids too. Also would work really well for a small group of friends that want to hang out for a fun evening of hanging out. I loved the quieter nooks with super comfy seating.

And the theming is so well done.

Good! Glad to hear you took an easy day. Hope that helped you feel somewhat better?

I did! And it did. And now I"m on day #4 of time off and have tomorrow off too. The rest has been wonderful. Did some fun things and I will post a few outtakes here in a bit.

No joke?
But it's a great set up line!

LOL! Thanks.

Wow. You certainly paint an attractive picture. I'd love to be there right now.

It really lends itself so well to telling a story. I love how Disney can transport you to a completely different time era and give you the setting to step into a role now and then.

cool. So... now I wanna see what happens after 10pm!

Me too!! I think the live music has GOT to be good.

Man, that would be a ton of fun! Cool!

Wouldn't it? Kinda like Dapper Day, but even better and more!

Looks like it started off on the right foot.

Well, given such a tall order, he did great!

Or maybe this place was inspired by them?

Equally possible!

Cool. I like it. And... I presume your ADR was for 5:30?

I think so... ?

Love the look of the place. Pretty sure I want to go there. But don't think I'll have the chance in May.

I think you'd enjoy it a lot. Hope you can get there soon.

I could see myself ordering that...

Mmm, and that's what I'm making for my contribution to tomorrow's dinner.

… and that too. They both sound so good!

The sandwich was great! Soup was okay, just not what I was expecting.

I'm surprised Olaf was difficult to find in DHS. Doesn't he still have a meet and greet there? I can't remember... But as the parent of two kids who love plush toys, I can attest to the high cost of them. I only take them in Disney stores if I'm prepared to drop 100 bucks on stuffed friends. :rotfl:

It wasn't in the end, just wasn't sure where to go at first. And since I don't do those, I honestly have no idea. LOL!! I've turned over the tags on those babies, and wowza!! Ouch!

Love the picture with the umbrella.
Your X choice was very creative!

Thanks! I was clearly having fun!

I was really looking forward to reading about your time at the Edison, and it did not disappoint. The place looks beautiful, and I love that it can be an adults-only spot after 10 o'clock. My sister in-law had her bachelorette party there this spring and said it was a perfect spot to hang out and watch the entertainment.

OH yeah! It would be a great place for that. How fun!

Since Gatsby is one of my favorite books, one of my Disney bucket list goals is to attend one of the Gatsby-themed nights! If you ever need a partner in crime for one of those events, and our trips overlap I will definitely join for you a night of merriment. I've already got my flapper dress...:rotfl2:

Sounds like a plan!!!

Thank goodness we've finally outgrown those. Plushes, I mean. We never outgrow sweatshirts.

Huh! I do. Seems every year, I outgrow one or two. :rolleyes2

In Disney World?? I don't believe you.

I've even seen one at IaSW on occasion.

Um...I don't know what guys you hang out with.

Tongue and cheek, my friend. ;)

I hope you ate more than that.

Yes, I carefully balanced them in one hand all the way to the Edison by bus. Tricky, but I managed it. Didn't even get some on my shirt, which might have been a first.

OK, all caught up on the updates, but inbetween (preparing) dishes so no time for multi quoting if I want to catch up soon! You certainly had a few people going with the X-rated stuff! :rotfl2: The Edison looks like fun. I'd enjoy going there, but Fran wasn't so hip for the menu so we'll have to see if we actually ever go there.

Have a Merry Christmas! Enjoy your deviled eggs!

OK, all caught up on the updates, but inbetween (preparing) dishes so no time for multi quoting if I want to catch up soon! You certainly had a few people going with the X-rated stuff!
The things we do for a TR.

:rolleyes:

:p

The Edison looks like fun. I'd enjoy going there, but Fran wasn't so hip for the menu so we'll have to see if we actually ever go there.

If our trips ever overlap, I'd go again! We can enjoy a lounge-y drink together there.

Have a Merry Christmas! Enjoy your deviled eggs!

They aren't peeling well!!! CRAP!! By the time I'm done I'll be taking egg salad. :(

U is for: Unprecedented, Unfortunate, Unusual Animal Kingdom Spectacle

The day started off so well! The animals and I connected on deep levels (they respond well to Kusifari’s Cinnamon Rolls), the Navi and I shared some meaningful moments around the drum circle, and I got the Yeti to agree to repair the tracks. Don’t hold your breath, he contracted with a State Highway Dept. Crew. Could be this year; could be next.

Sometime after I’d had a great time showing my Banshee who was boss, visiting Heaven by stuffing my face with a bowl of Shrimp Mac and Cheese, and watching a gorilla have a private toga party, I had to find a bathroom. No surprise there; I usually have to find a bathroom about every 5 minutes... because left of 50 sucks in more ways than one. Luckily, Walt knew this because Lillian was 56 years old when Disneyland opened, and he put bathrooms about every 5 minutes apart at a nice sauntering pace.

So… I’m sauntering along and wind up behind the Dawa Bar and the Tusker House. You know… that back entrance that you can use to dine and dash in case you maxed out your credit card on a couple of postcards and Tylenol in the resort gift shop.

tusker-house-restaurant-gallery16.jpg

Lovely area, isn't it? Best bathrooms in the park. Seriously. And I had NO idea they were even there!

Life was great, I was knocking items off my Scavenger Hunt list left and right, and I was on top of my game. It was hot, but not unseasonably so, and I’d kept myself pretty well hydrated; what could possibly go wrong?!

I went around the corner just out of the view of most other park go-ers and my nose had a little itch. I did what most people do and rubbed it lightly. Had I known that that simple act of relieving myself (not that kind! I haven’t even gotten to the bathroom yet!) would open up something kinda like the spillways of Hoover Dam, and would gush blood at about 14 million gallons a second, I’d maybe have resisted the urge to scratch that tickle.

upload_2018-12-24_16-46-40.jpeg

Rivers of sanguineous liquid suddenly poured forth and soon the lions came over to check out what was up as rivulets began to pour down the walkway in a cascade of horror. I did what all panicking health professionals do in emergency circumstances affecting themselves- I tilted my head back which made me almost immediately add vomit to the mix.

Okay, that didn’t work. Hmmm, think Nurse Steppe, think! What is the first aid for a squirting nose? Aim it at other guests to clear out the park? No, that might get yourself thrown out. Scream? No no, it was already embarrassing enough! Stand there and do nothing because you’re literally too shocked and mortified to think of anything else? Yep. That works.

Meantime, while filling up Lake Plasma, a nice gentlemen walked by and offered to grab me some napkins. It was about that time I heard over the parkwide intercom “BIOSPILL BEHIND TUSKER HOUSE!” Some dine-and-dashers tried to use that exit during the ensuing panic but decided not to give their children nightmares for the rest of their lives, so went back in and paid. Luckily, this gave Disney enough money to pay the janitor tasked with eventually draining Lake Plasma. (Don’t worry, Disney recouped their money by selling it to the local blood bank.)

e5bdbe83cce448faf4bb2d722dc6fe29.jpg

Okay, think, think…. Head down, pinch bridge of nose hard. Okay, yes, that’s right… Now, a bathroom, STAT!! Leaving a hemoglobinous trail lovely enough for even Simba to not get lost, I found my way into the bathroom where I immediately leaned over the sink, and which only allowed some of my blood to splash up onto the counter, mirror, faucet and even floor. (No, that was not an exaggeration.) After about 5 minutes, a lady tapped me on the shoulder and asked if I needed some help, or if she could get someone for me. Her Hazmat suit communicated genuine concern.

Hazmat-Suit.jpg

I thought I heard sirens in the distance but realized after a minute or two it was only the ringing in my ears from total, complete, utter mortification. Here I was in the Happiest Place on Earth getting unwanted and unplanned for attention in the WORST of all possible ways.

I declined, tightening my already firm pinch on the bridge of my nose. After 10 or so minutes, I let go hoping, thinking surely that had to be over with.

Whoops!!! Nope! That day I got to supply the Glory Hole of Sanguine Reservoir with ample enough blood to make the Texas Chainsaw Massacre blush.

gup3O3o.jpg

Nothing to see here; move along!

I plunged my head back into the sink for another 5 minutes and tried again. Finally, nothing but a trickle that a wad of TP shoved up each nostril couldn’t take care of.

images

I washed out the sink and all the stalls within 10 feet out as best I could, rinsed off my face, and was determined to make the best of the rest of my day- which meant heading immediately off to make my Safari FP. <milking the most out of my fresh AP!> I figured if it opened up again, I’d have a great photo shoot with the lions and wild dogs.

Sadly, that was not the last bloody nose I’d get that day. But it did hold off until I was back in my room. I wonder what Mousekeeping thought when they saw the white sheets with blood all over them. Sorry Disney, 50-year-olds just can’t move that fast, bloody nose or not.

depositphotos_161400302-stock-photo-mature-woman-in-haz-mat.jpg

For the record, I have no idea to this day why I'd get my first ever, and only to date, bloody noses then. Animal Kingdom was changed forever on Oct. 5, 2018. Coincidentally, and ironically, NO LIE, as I came out of the bathroom, I saw one of these:

maxresdefault-324x160.jpg

Not. Even. Kidding. Mounted on the wall, right by the bathroom.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!