That's the Second Biggest Double Stroller I've Ever Seen- A Dec 2010 TR

Great update! Would you believe, despite the fact that we have two boys, we have never been to Tom Sawyer Island (guess we'll wait for grandchildren). The pictures of the boys are so cute, and I love the family photo.

Aww, that's the 2nd update Iv'e seen today of TSI. I really should have made it a point to visit there (even without the kids) on my trip. I really enjoyed visiting it as a little kids myself. So glad the boys coudl run around and let out some wiggles. :yay::yay::yay:

Great updates. Love that family photo:love: Especially when everyone is looking at the camera:lmao:

We have never done TSI either, but this year I want to go and find one of the paint brushes.

Great update. That was really nice of the CM to help you find a seat and take care of your tray.
TSI looked really fun and relaxing. I've never been there before, so it was interesting to see some pictures of the place.
Your photopass picture turned out great. :thumbsup2 Both of your boys were looking striaght at the camera, which I found pretty neat.

Nice update, I've never been to Tom Sawyer Island. Looks very relaxing though. I really hope that the assigned seating situation you ran into at Pecos Bill is something they look at implementing permanently. I love eating there, but finding seats can be crazy.

I had heard reports on here of changes to seating being changed at QS locations the way you described. In typical DIS fashion there were people who thought it was great, and people who were up in arms. It sounds like you had a great experience! :thumbsup2

We too enjoy TSI...it is nice for the kids to get to run and stretch their legs without fear of huge crowds. ;)

I think your family photo turned out great!!!!

This was the first time I ate at Pecos Bill. The nacho cheese sauce was definitely worth it! I dunked that burger into that little cup like there was no tomorrow.

How fun it must've been to explore Tom Sawyer Island! What a HUGE playground for adventures!

Stumbled across your trip report last night and was immediately hooked! You are an incredible writer and have an absolutely gorgeous family. I love your attitude-- I am trying to take notes from you on how to be a bit more "go-with-the-flow!"

We are going to be at Disney around the same time as your next trip, I think-- We are going September 27th through October 4th with our two little girls (they will be 6 and almost 3 at the time). I can't wait! We are staying at CSR, so I was thrilled to see that you had, too, and that you seemed to enjoy it! Let's just cross our fingers for good weather that week!

Oh, and just a question... I think I remember reading that at least once you parked at Poly and then after eating there took the monorail to the parks (or other hotels). I was under the impression that you couldn't do that. Not sure if I am remembering wrong, but I think we wanted to do something similar after Chef Mickey's a couple of years ago, but they only let us park in the lot at the Contemporary for a couple of hours. Just wondering how that works?

Thanks for the awesome trip report!

Chrissy

I am so happy to see an update involving TSI! We've never been over there before, but it's a big plan for our next trip. Our girls are excited about it, and our son is named after the main boy himself (his name's Sawyer--don't know if I've divulged that info before:eek:), so I'm sure he'll love it. Plus, sticks? Awesome. My DD2 LOVES ramps as well! Who knew they were so much fun:confused3?

That family photo is PERFECT!

Love the Pecos Bill and Tom Sawyer Island info. We love TSI. We didn't make it last trip. PRegnant + 1 year old but this trip for sure. I am hoping my parents will take the boys over at some point so we can ride BTM and SM. We'll see. Either way that place is great!

I probably should have eaten dinner before I read your post....all I can think of now is taco salad:lmao:

Love that family shot!!!!

Great update! Would you believe, despite the fact that we have two boys, we have never been to Tom Sawyer Island (guess we'll wait for grandchildren). The pictures of the boys are so cute, and I love the family photo.

It had been many years since I had been to Tom Sawyer Island. In fact, the last time I was there, I got a dill pickle from Aunt Polly's. It's really a great place for kids. Thanks, we got some of our best pictures at Tom Sawyer Island.

Aww, that's the 2nd update Iv'e seen today of TSI. I really should have made it a point to visit there (even without the kids) on my trip. I really enjoyed visiting it as a little kids myself. So glad the boys coudl run around and let out some wiggles. :yay::yay::yay:

We really had a better time at TSI than I had expected to. It's so quiet compared to the rest of the park. I don't know if we would have tried it, if it hadn't been so crowded everywhere else, but I can definitely see it becoming a favorite. Disney plans the best places for letting out wiggles. :rotfl:

Great updates. Love that family photo:love: Especially when everyone is looking at the camera:lmao:

We have never done TSI either, but this year I want to go and find one of the paint brushes.

Thanks! I'm sure we could have taken everyone to a real photo studio and still not get a picture as good as that one.

I had my eyes peeled for paint brushes. It would have been so cool to find one, but I sort of knew it was a long shot, since it was a busy day and we didn't make it there til the afternoon. Maybe next time.

Great update. That was really nice of the CM to help you find a seat and take care of your tray.
TSI looked really fun and relaxing. I've never been there before, so it was interesting to see some pictures of the place.
Your photopass picture turned out great. :thumbsup2 Both of your boys were looking striaght at the camera, which I found pretty neat.

It was really nice of that CM to help us. It was never a big deal, when it was just me and Jeremy, but when we have the boys, it's really nice to have help getting a table and taking care of our tray.

TSI was a great place to relax. After we got home, I realized we never even made it to Fort Langhorn. I guess that's what happens when you let the two year old navigate. :laughing:

It was really amazing that both boys looked at the camera. They both seemed to like the lady taking the picture. A lot of the Photopass guys try too hard to get the boys to smile and look at them. A more laid back approach was nicer.

Nice update, I've never been to Tom Sawyer Island. Looks very relaxing though. I really hope that the assigned seating situation you ran into at Pecos Bill is something they look at implementing permanently. I love eating there, but finding seats can be crazy.

I think we'll be spending more time at Tom Sawyer Island in the future. I remember playing there when I was a kid and I thought it was really fun. It's kind of cool that my boys like it too.

I hope that assigned seating becomes permanent, too. I wonder if maybe they only do it during peak times, since the first time we ate there wasn't like that. It wasn't any problem getting a seat that night since it wasn't busy.

What a great family pic! You all look so cute & happy together! Love it!

Nifty on the lunch table situation. I've read about that happening, but we've never actually seen it in action. We don't eat at peak times, or at super busy spots like Pecos Bill so that could be why. With our divide & conquer style meal routine, I don't think I'd like it. ;) Glad it worked out for you!

Looks like you had a great time at TSI, too. That's such a nice spot that I'm betting most just skip. (like us!) Loved the stick!

I had heard reports on here of changes to seating being changed at QS locations the way you described. In typical DIS fashion there were people who thought it was great, and people who were up in arms. It sounds like you had a great experience! :thumbsup2

We too enjoy TSI...it is nice for the kids to get to run and stretch their legs without fear of huge crowds. ;)

I think your family photo turned out great!!!!

I actually hadn't heard any reports of seating protocol changed at QS places, so it was definitely a surprise, but it turned out to be really good, at least for us. I don't mind waiting to get a table, if someone is going to help me find one.

I guess having to take the raft to TSI is a strong enough deterrent that most people don't bother. It's a great place for kids. :goodvibes

Thanks, I was really happy with it.

This was the first time I ate at Pecos Bill. The nacho cheese sauce was definitely worth it! I dunked that burger into that little cup like there was no tomorrow.

How fun it must've been to explore Tom Sawyer Island! What a HUGE playground for adventures!

I didn't even think of getting a cup of cheese for dipping. I guess taco salads are harder to dip. I almost want to try the burger next time, but I'm pretty sure I'd end up regretting it.

It was really fun to explore Tom Sawyer Island. Having kids along makes it a lot more fun. It really is just one big playground.

Stumbled across your trip report last night and was immediately hooked! You are an incredible writer and have an absolutely gorgeous family. I love your attitude-- I am trying to take notes from you on how to be a bit more "go-with-the-flow!"

We are going to be at Disney around the same time as your next trip, I think-- We are going September 27th through October 4th with our two little girls (they will be 6 and almost 3 at the time). I can't wait! We are staying at CSR, so I was thrilled to see that you had, too, and that you seemed to enjoy it! Let's just cross our fingers for good weather that week!

Oh, and just a question... I think I remember reading that at least once you parked at Poly and then after eating there took the monorail to the parks (or other hotels). I was under the impression that you couldn't do that. Not sure if I am remembering wrong, but I think we wanted to do something similar after Chef Mickey's a couple of years ago, but they only let us park in the lot at the Contemporary for a couple of hours. Just wondering how that works?

Thanks for the awesome trip report!

Chrissy

Hi! Welcome and thanks! It's actually quite easy to go with the flow. It's much more work to worry about all the little details. :laughing: I'm trying to plan our May and October trips a little better, since I think the boys might prefer more structured days, but it sure does go against my nature.

Cool, we'll be there at the same time! I really do hope the weather cooperates this time. Warm and sunny every day would be really nice. We did love staying at CSR. It's so beautiful. I'm sure we'll come back to it someday.

Do they not want you to leave your car at a resort while you tour the parks? :confused3 We always just tell the guard on the way in that we are eating at one of the restaurants and they wave us through and never say anything about how long we can stay. I just assumed it was fine to stay as long as we wanted to. Nothing has ever happened when we leave our car parked at a resort. I don't think we've ever left it all day, though, so maybe we were always within the couple hours limit.

I am so happy to see an update involving TSI! We've never been over there before, but it's a big plan for our next trip. Our girls are excited about it, and our son is named after the main boy himself (his name's Sawyer--don't know if I've divulged that info before:eek:), so I'm sure he'll love it. Plus, sticks? Awesome. My DD2 LOVES ramps as well! Who knew they were so much fun:confused3?

That family photo is PERFECT!

TSI is one of the most overlooked parts of MK. It's a really fun place, especially now that Toon Town is closed.

Sticks and ramps, all the makings of great fun for toddlers. :rotfl: It always amuses me, the things the boys find really fun at Disney World.

Sawyer from Lost was always my favorite. I think that's a really cool name. :cool2:

Love the Pecos Bill and Tom Sawyer Island info. We love TSI. We didn't make it last trip. PRegnant + 1 year old but this trip for sure. I am hoping my parents will take the boys over at some point so we can ride BTM and SM. We'll see. Either way that place is great!

Oh I can definitely see how TSI pregnant would not be any fun. The only time in my life when I really didn't want to go to Disney, was when I was pregnant. I hope you get a chance to ride BTM and SM. It was always really nice when we could get away for a minute to go on a good ride. :goodvibes

The family photo is very good and i officially want a taco salad!:laughing:

I'd like a taco salad myself right now. :rotfl: Thanks!

I probably should have eaten dinner before I read your post....all I can think of now is taco salad:lmao:

Love that family shot!!!!

I've learned it's dangerous to read TRs hungry. :laughing:We'll definitely be going back to Pecos Bill's in May. I'm already excited to create another taco salad masterpiece.

Thanks!

What a great family pic! You all look so cute & happy together! Love it!

Nifty on the lunch table situation. I've read about that happening, but we've never actually seen it in action. We don't eat at peak times, or at super busy spots like Pecos Bill so that could be why. With our divide & conquer style meal routine, I don't think I'd like it. ;) Glad it worked out for you!

Looks like you had a great time at TSI, too. That's such a nice spot that I'm betting most just skip. (like us!) Loved the stick!

Thanks! There's nothing like Disney to bring out the happiness in people. :rotfl:

I was really impressed with the whole system at Pecos Bill's. I was prepared to hate it and be really annoyed, but they totally won me over by the end. I wouldn't mind if every counter service place started it.

I'm surprised you all skip TSI. I would have thought with boys that age and APs, you'd be over there a lot.

Carter was really cute with that stick. I don't know why he thought it was the best stick there, but he sure seemed to think it was something special.

Just joining in... and loving your TR! We have 2 little ones as well... a little older than yours (3 y/o and 18 months) and a little farther apart (23 months), but I can definitely relate! We are headed back to WDW in October for our DS 4th trip and DD 3rd trip. I can hardly wait. It is so fun to watch how differently they experience the magic every time we visit! Looking forward to your next update... your family is too cute for words!

We drove back to the Lost and Found Center, to check on Blue Dog. Jeremy had tried calling while Carter and I were out, but he never got through. It seemed easier to just go over there.

Once again, Jeremy went in, while I waited with the boys. I did not have high hopes. If Blue Dog hadn't turned up yesterday, he probably never would.

For the second time this morning, fortune smiled on us. Jeremy came out carrying Blue Dog. I watched Carter's face light up as he saw his friend. With a big smile and a giggle, he hugged Blue Dog tight.

We had a very similar experience when Audrey Anne was 6 weeks old. While exploring Epcot on Thanksgiving, we had somehow misplaced her Lovey. Despite being only 6 weeks old, she would not sleep without her precious Lovey next to her. We went to Epcot's Lost and Found, but it had not been turned in and they referred us to the Lost and Found Center. The next morning when we stopped by the center, there was Lovey just waiting on Audrey Anne to cone back and get her. I am amazed that Lovey was found as was able to be reunited with us... gotta love Disney!

What a perfect picture of the family! And awesome vinylmation!!! Score!

Thanks! I like that picture a lot. We all look happy, which we were. :goodvibes Very cool vinylmation. It was a fun way to pick one.

Just joining in... and loving your TR! We have 2 little ones as well... a little older than yours (3 y/o and 18 months) and a little farther apart (23 months), but I can definitely relate! We are headed back to WDW in October for our DS 4th trip and DD 3rd trip. I can hardly wait. It is so fun to watch how differently they experience the magic every time we visit! Looking forward to your next update... your family is too cute for words!

Hi! Thanks! 3 years and 18 months- those are good ages. So far, I think my boys have gotten more and more enjoyable the older that they get. Are your October dates the same as ours? We're going the first week of October. It is fun to watch the kids evolve at Disney. I think it will be fun once Carter is 40 inches.

We had a very similar experience when Audrey Anne was 6 weeks old. While exploring Epcot on Thanksgiving, we had somehow misplaced her Lovey. Despite being only 6 weeks old, she would not sleep without her precious Lovey next to her. We went to Epcot's Lost and Found, but it had not been turned in and they referred us to the Lost and Found Center. The next morning when we stopped by the center, there was Lovey just waiting on Audrey Anne to cone back and get her. I am amazed that Lovey was found as was able to be reunited with us... gotta love Disney!

I do love Disney's Lost and Found Center. I'm glad you all got Lovey back. I'm pretty sure my boys wouldn't have been attached to any particular animal at 6 weeks, but they both sure to love their friends now.

The other day, we were shopping at Belk and Carter started gibbering excitedly about something, so I went to see what was so exciting, and there was a new Blue Dog in the floor, for sale. Carter was so thrilled by it that I got it for him. Now he has Blue Dog and New Dog. Although, come to think of it, I probably should have packed New Dog away in a closet somewhere, just in case something happened to Blue Dog.

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter