Take the DIS WISH challenge here

My name is Amber. I am 27 and weigh about 205. I am 5' 9". I was maybe 210 at my heaviest before we lost weight the last time. I would like to lose 65 pounds. I would like to lose the first 50 by July 1st. That is a big goal, but I think if I work hard and stay motivated I can do it.

My DH and I are planning to start a family around the beginning of next year. I have stated many times that I want to lose weight and get in better shape before we try to conceive. I want to be a healthy mother and be pretty while I'm pregnant. Another motivating factor is that this summer will be DH and my ten year high school reunion. I would really like to lose weight before going to that.

You guys are so nice and supportive. I plan to join the January challenges and add my picture to the photo album thread. I really need this accountability.
I plan to walk at least 5 days a week starting at 1 mile and working my way up. I am going to start eating healthier foods and smaller portions.

I am going to take the Wish callenge. I have two little girls and I want them to grow up healthy and they aren't going to do that if Mommy doesn't. I want to lose 100 lbs by our next Disney trip in Nov. Wish me luck!

Amy

good luck You have come to the right place. The people on these threads are all very supportive and motivating.

I would like to join.Last January I started WW and lost about 25 lbs to get to my goal weight.Well since July I have gained it back plus 5 more.On Tuesday I started following WW again and already have more energy.I want to lose the 30 lbs and keep it off this time.I also want to try for a minimum of 15 minutes of exercise a day.

So do you copy the clippie of what you want to lose or where you are in your journey?? :confused3

I definitely need to join. I already have joined in some of the challenges but wanted to check in here as well. I really hope I can lose the weight this time. I really feel like I have the determination and hopefully the willpower this time.

Help the newbie to W.I.S.H., please! I have already enjoyed the Trips Report forum, and now this is the place I want to be! I'm using the Mayo clinic plan and incorporating exercise (treadmill) 30 minutes a day. What are the different challenges about..i.e., January Exercise Challenge, January Challenge, Valentine Challenge? I need all of the motivation I can get!! :confused3

Oops!! If you look hard enough you can find it!!! Got the info about the January Exercise and the January Challenge.....

This seems like a great way to get (and stay) motivated. I've gotten a lot of great tips already. I do most of my posting on the Weddings & Honeymoons and lurking around everywhere else. My DF and I just booked our DFTW for next Nov at the WP so I've started my wedding diet. Monday I started the Special K Challenge and after two weeks will focus on eating more veggies and less sugar/carbs - I'm vegetarian so life without pasta is hard to imagine. I also have started my workout plan that incorporates elliptical training, yoga and The Firm workout DVDs for strength training mostly. I've learned the easiest way for me to stick with exercise is to do it everyday for at least 30 minutes so that's my plan! My goal is to lose 5 lbs a month for 6 months - that should put me at a more comfortable weight, but ultimately I'd like to lose 60 lbs within the next year and a half.

Hi everybody! Count me in for the WISH Challenge!
Like most people, I'd like to lose some weight. Mainly though I want to get healthier, fitter, and start some good habits. After 5 years of University, in February I'm moving out of home to a new city and a new full-time job. So rather than having a single weight-loss goal, my aims for the moment are:
1. To have a proper exercise plan, so I can set up good life habits and hopefully stay away from the family history of Type 2 diabetes.
2. To actively look for and try proper nutricious recipes, so I don't fall into the trap of simply making easy meals, or using microwave meals, or buying out all the time. :banana:

Now for The Plan(!):
1. Dust off the exercise tapes and pilates dvds, set aside some time each day to exercise, and make sure I prioritise that time for exercise over other things - my health is worth putting the time into.
2. Each week specifically make an effort to find and try cooking at least one healthy recipe that I have never made before, and then keep a track of the recipes in a single notebook if they're a success.
3. Use short-term goals to keep my weight on the downwards track at a sustainable pace - I know crash diets don't work, and I'm not allowed to set myself up for failure at any point by going on one.

That's my starting place - now to put the plan into action :flower: Thanks everyone!

Count me in for the WISH challenge!
I'm 33, but turning 34 later this month. ACK!!!! I can't possibly be that old!
Right now, my goal is to lose 55 pounds (with mini goals along the way!). I had lost about 15 previously via Weight Watchers.. then let 8 creep back up on me before I returned to my food journaling and stopped further damage. I'm kind of doing some research and looking for some structure of a new plan. In the meantime I've joined the "New Year, New You" challenge and have been keeping a food journal and counting WW points (not going to meetings, though). I do tend to weigh myself daily (I think that's partly how I finally stopped the regain creep, though). I'm single and don't like cooking for myself so I rely on convenience foods. I've tried to make an effort to switch to healthier choices (looking for choices lower in fat, higher in fiber). I also used to eat out quite a bit (nearly every meal) and I've been able to swap out consistently 2 out of 3 meals for grocery stuff; I've even had a few days where all 3 meals came from the supermarket. In the past I've tried several different "prepared food" options, too.. I didn't like Nutrisystem, Zone Nation was ok, but not worth the money for me. I did really like Diet-to-Go but they're just not in the budget at the moment (need to get a better handle on my winter heating costs first).

I'd love any suggestions. I did just order a book called "The Supermarket Diet" which looks like it will have some good ideas for healthier supermarket convenience food.

I'm working on getting myself back into the gym routine. I've been able to make a habit of 1 day a week with 60 minutes of stationary bike. I'm trying to add in a 2nd day of similar cardio, too. I also wear a pedometer every day and track my mileage (I'm trying to finish a walk from WDW to DL -- it's taking a bit longer than I'd planned).

Whew! Time to add the clippie, I think!

Count me in the group of WISHers! I want to be more consistant with exercising and eating better. :cool1:

hi my name is tracy and i am a diet and nutrition teacher in the uk, yes we teach food in high schooll...
despite this i would still like to lose so weight, i lost 35 pounds for our visit in 2004 so have less to lose this time, but id still like to join in. Anything i can do to help?
ps im a ww dieter, and know the plan inside out if anyone has any questions...

thanks tracy
xx

WELCOME Tracy!
scojos said:
ps im a ww dieter, and know the plan inside out if anyone has any questions...
Check in on the WW weekly weigh-in thread! :goodvibes ALL WWs there! :sunny:

Thursday the 12th is my 2 YEAR WW Anni!! :cool1: :banana:

Yea! Today is my weigh in day..down 4 pounds since I started!! One more and I get to trade up my banner!!! :goodvibes

I'm a long time lurker here at disboards, but we're finally ready to start planning our first trip to Disney for next year so I hope to be a more active member. I've also started a new resolution this year to get healthier! Since January 1st I've started exercising at least 5 times a week and just trying to eat healthier foods. I do Walk Away the Pounds in the mornings and I go for a 30-60 minute walk in the evenings. I look forward to taking the W.I.S.H. Challenge!

I'm back on WISH and looking forward to a fabulous start to 2006! I lost 33 pounds with lots of help from this wonderful board in 2004, and maintained that loss for over a year, then got a bit swamped with daily life last year and gradually (and not-so-gradually in the pre-Christmas weeks) put about 10 pounds back on. I'm ready to jump back into the South Beach life and lose what I had regained and even more, so that I can get right down to the me that I know is in there!

Hello, again, WISH, I've missed you!! (And all the fantastic, supportive, motivated people here!!)

:sunny:

Decided to join the W.I.S.H. list. DH and I have decided to eat a little more healthier, adding LOTS of water to our diets. We've also joined a gym so we can regularly exercise. We came to the conclusion that we weren't living as healthy as we could and we needed to do something about it. So by visiting these boards I know I'll be able to keep motivated.

Hi, everyone! :wave:

I haven't checked in for awhile now but I've been watching my portions and trying to be more active and when I went to the doctor this week, I was down 3 lbs from about a month ago :) It's not huge but I'll take any loss over a gain! Hoping to be more structured now with my exercise...hopefully that will kick things up a bit for me.

Congrats to all who are losing and good luck to everyone trying!! :cheer2:

Okay, I'm in! I'm 49 and was just diagnosed with diabetes type 2 in oct. I've been doing great on the diet and have already lost 25 pounds, but need to lose at least another 50. I've been pretty strict with myself and have been able to keep my sugars pretty low.
My plan is to keep eating high fiber foods, low sugar, (I've cut out all processed sugars) and keep my portions low.
I just joined a gym this week and intend on working out in the pool at least 3 to 4 times a week. Thanks in advance for all the support. :flower:

Yea!! Yesterday was weigh in and I have lost 5.5 pounds so far this month!! I get to trade up my clippie!! :flower:

I'm in! Let's just say I have a WHOLE LOT of weight to lose. I'll be doing WW on my own. I really want to lose a good amount weight before we go to Disney next year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter