Summer's Last Hurrah September 2021 Exercise Challenge

Elizabeth Smith

DIS Veteran
Welcome to the September 2021 exercise thread! This month we'll be celebrating the final days of summer and the beginnings of autumn. (A very loose theme, lol).

If you’re returning, we’re excited to have you back! If you’re new, welcome to the team! Here’s how it works:

Each person chooses a time goal and posts minutes towards that goal as they exercise. You can post daily or just catch up when you can. You decide what movement counts towards your goal - which can be a nice round total for the month, a specific number that means something to you, or a calculation based on a target number of minutes per day.

Since September has 30 days, here are some common conversions:

15 minutes/day = 450
20 minutes/day = 600
30 minutes/day = 900
45 minutes/day = 1350
1 hour/day = 1800

One of the special motivations of our Disney challenge is color changing! Page one will be updated with individual and team color changes as we make more and more progress.

10% - Beachy Blue
25% - Sun Kiss Orange
50% - Popsicle Purple
75% - Peaceful Pink
90% - Rustic Red
100% - Goodbye Green

We’re officially starting this challenge on September 1, but if you don’t find the thread until later in the month, you’re still welcome to join!! There's no better time than the present to start toward your goals! Just post your goal and I’ll add you to the list. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions and to check out old threads to see what’s been going on.

Participants:
Elizabeth Smith 800/800
sophy1996 1205/1200
ljcrochet 790/625

Raya 595/700
PollyannaMom 510/500
Twilight Sparkle 2500/2500

BonnieF 610/700
piglet1979 803/900

Team: 7813/7925

Last edited:
I can’t believe it is September already.
I’m trying to decide on my goal for the month. Do I do 700 since I seem to have beat it the last 2 month or do I go lower like 550 because I have been so tired? Or an average of 625? I need someone else to pick for me 😂
I’m going for a scan in 2 weeks to see how this chemo is working. Before Thursday’s chemo I was feeling pretty good, but my cancer number went up from 256 to 356. It is supposed to be under 35. So it could mean tumor is growing or dying off.

47 minutes for me! Got in a walk before the last remains of a hurricane caused rain and more rain. I'm going to go for 700 minutes this month. It's a stretch but I've got a secret weapon - I'm taking dance lessons! That's an easy 120 minutes of movement each week that I'm super excited about. :)

47/700

:D Thanks for taking on September, Elizabeth Smith! I like your loose theme! :D

I've been going, going, going too much lately, so I'm going to try to take more rest days this month. That means I'm lowering my goal to 2500.

30/2500 so far - pilates

I can’t believe it is September already.
I’m trying to decide on my goal for the month. Do I do 700 since I seem to have beat it the last 2 month or do I go lower like 550 because I have been so tired? Or an average of 625? I need someone else to pick for me 😂
I’m going for a scan in 2 weeks to see how this chemo is working. Before Thursday’s chemo I was feeling pretty good, but my cancer number went up from 256 to 356. It is supposed to be under 35. So it could mean tumor is growing or dying off.

I so very much hope it means the tumor is dying off.

I am back. August ended up worse then I thought. I am glad to not have a goal to focus. I still did get walking in and I have maintained my weight. I am so happy for this as I thought I would have gained. DD is finally doing better and with school starting there schedules are getting a little more manageable. This month I am going to go with 900 minutes for the month. I may up this as the month goes one but I am going to start here for now. I am thinking I can get extra time in the first 7 days because I am off of work. I got over 60 minutes and will have at least 60 today. I will officially post the times after today is over.

Hi all! Happy September! Hope everyone made it through Ida okay!
Elizabeth, your theme will help make the end of summer a little easier!
I'm in for 700 minutes this month, and I can start with 75 today, a lovely walk 'forest bathing' ( that cracks me up), some weights, and the dreaded weeding.

@ljcrochet, I'm pulling for that tumor dying off 🙏
@piglet1979, so glad your Dd is doing well! Good luck with their school year!
@Twilight Sparkle, thanks for the link - I'll give that a try soon!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter