Stage Shows

DannyDisneyFreak

Por favor manténganse alejado de las puertas.
My DF is really excited about the Villains Tonight show (I've seen the mixed reviews) which would you say is the best show on the Dream? She was saying she didn't really want to see every show but I don't know if I want to miss any, which would you defiantly see and which would you skip, or would you say don't miss any? Also one other question, I saw someone post that they took their beer into a show, is that allowed?

Oops I think I posted this in the wrong place, would a moderator move it for me? Sorry.

My DF is really excited about the Villains Tonight show (I've seen the mixed reviews) which would you say is the best show on the Dream? She was saying she didn't really want to see every show but I don't know if I want to miss any, which would you defiantly see and which would you skip, or would you say don't miss any? Also one other question, I saw someone post that they took their beer into a show, is that allowed?

Villains was my least favorite show. I gave it 3 tries on different cruises and just did not warm up to it...thought I would as I love the villains in general.

My favorite show on the Dream is Golden Mickey's. Believe is nice but Golden Mickey's has tons of the classic and newer characters and is lots of fun.

I go to all the shows, each cruise...but that is just me!!! DCL's alcohol policy is that any booze you bring onboard with you is to be consumed in your cabin. Do people bring their own booze to the shows...I am sure they do. I just wanted to state the DCL policy.

They have servers at all the shows to serve beer, wine, mixed drinks and soft drinks for a fee. There is also a bar right outside the theatre to purchase beverages/snacks like candy, bagged popcorn, etc.

MJ

MJ

We've been on 5 DC's, we LOVED Villains, one of our favorites of all the shows, cast, story and music were excellent....

Obviously you are going to get mixed reviews! My DD (8 at the time) LOVED Villains Tonight, but then she always loves the villains in any Disney movie. Personally, I enjoyed Villains but my favorite was The Golden Mickeys. I didn't particularly care for Believe.

DH's favorite was Villains, followed by Golden Mickeys. DD and I liked Golden Mickeys, then Villains. None of us cared much for Believe. It was just so so.

My husband and I loved Believe...followed by Villains.

We didn't care for Golden Mickey's...actully left about half way through the show.

We loved them all!!! But Villians would be the one I'd place in 3rd and wouldn't be upset if I missed it next time. I'd say that since you've not seen any of them to go see ALL of them! Golden Mickey's would be #1, Believe tied for #1 LOL!

Believe it or not, we thought we were going to really dislike Villains Tonight - We LOOOVED it!! I've also heard mixed reviews... but we loved the Golden Mickeys and Villains on our 4 night Bahamian.

Can't wait to see the others!! :cool1:

We love all the shows and wouldn't think of missing any. Villains Tonight was our least favourite but we still enjoyed it. Love, love, loved the Golden Mickey's. Believe was good too but Golden Mickey's is our absolute favourite. I don't think you should miss any shows if you can help it, especially since you haven't seen them yet. They're one of the big reasons we only cruise DCL.

sambycat said:
We go to every Disney show. Then you can decide which you like or don't like! :goodvibes

Same here, Believe was sorta disappointing. I hope Wishes is a little better...

Since I have never been on a cruise before, I am puzzled by the massive number of people who will be on board. How do they get everyone to see all the shows? Do they repeat the shows multiple times, do you need to RSVP for a specific show? Do you end up waiting in line for a long time before the shows start?

Since I have never been on a cruise before, I am puzzled by the massive number of people who will be on board. How do they get everyone to see all the shows? Do they repeat the shows multiple times, do you need to RSVP for a specific show? Do you end up waiting in line for a long time before the shows start?

The Walt Disney Theatre is able to accomodate roughly half of the ships passenger load. There are 2 shows nightly. Early dinner goes to the show after eating, late dinner goes to the show before eating.

Occasionall, on a sea day, there may be a matinee of the the show playing that night in the WDT. Door open 1/2 hour before the show. There's really no need to line up, although people do.

:cutie:

We have seen all of the shows since 2003 and after two attempts none of my family enjoyed Villians either time. Even though Hades made me miss Hercules, that is one I will gladly skip if we are ever on one of the ships that has it. I was disappointed by Believe last year on the Fantasy, but the Genie saved that one for me so we will probably watch that one again. The story just dragged on. The others we see at the matinee if it is offered as well as the evening show.

Thank you for explaining - That makes sense - I guess I just can't imagine how large the ship must really be to serve 2000 people dinner at the same time they put on a live theater show.

Thank you for explaining - That makes sense - I guess I just can't imagine how large the ship must really be to serve 2000 people dinner at the same time they put on a live theater show.

Well, they're only serving half the guests dinner at the same time the other half are seeing the show. Then they switch.

:cutie:

buglady11 said:

Also, many people don't go to all the shows or all the dining rooms. We don't usually go to shows (my kids and I aren't "show" people--but my DH does occasionally). And I know we aren't the only ones, based on the number of people out and about during the shows when technically everyone "should" be at a show or dinner.

That said, on our Fantasy cruise we did end up going to shows more frequently because they had the magic show and the drumming show. We had no trouble showing up 5-10 minutes before and getting great balcony seats. We even sat in the box seats once. We never tried for orchestra level, but it certainly wasn't full. It may have been a less crowded cruise altogether, but it goes to show that you CAN get good seats some times of the year even if you don't plan on being there 30 minutes early as some people do. :)

It is actually a very efficient process. The Dream/Fantasy show theaters are massive. They are two decks high and very beautiful (the show theatres on the Magic/Wonder are beautiful as well).

When the Dream first came out they anticipated that they would need 3 shows nightly to accomodate everyone and you were assigned to one of the 3...the times were not ideal and it only lasted a few weeks or so. Soon they realized they did not need 3 shows and could accommodate everyone in two shows each night....like the classic ships.

MJ

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter