SSR Lovers and Owners Part 3

Hi all,

Can someone give some insight for room recommendations? We're staying in a 1BR in July. We're looking to stay at either Grandstand or the Paddock and want to be near a bus stop at either location.

Thank you!

We love the first building of Grandstand near the pool and carriage house (our room number was 8711).

Anyone know if there is still complementary laundry detergent in the vending machines in the laundry room? (we have a studio so no in room washer)
If so what kind of detergent is it?

We love the first building of Grandstand near the pool and carriage house (our room number was 8711).
I've never stayed at Grandstand, but we had a 1BR in Paddock in the building closest to the Paddock Pool and really enjoyed it. 7-8 minute walk to the Carriage House and right by the pool for drink refills/food. The only downside was that Disney Springs was a bit of a hike.

We just booked SSR for Wine & Dine runDisney weekend in November. I'm excited to have the spa there for a massage after the half marathon! Is it open yet? If not, I'm really hoping it will be by Nov.

Also I just read that the Congress Park pool will be closed from Oct-Dec. We booked a pref room so I requested a room in the Spring so we are close to the High Rock pool (and Joffery's coffee in the morning!).

We just booked SSR for Wine & Dine runDisney weekend in November. I'm excited to have the spa there for a massage after the half marathon! Is it open yet? If not, I'm really hoping it will be by Nov.
The Senses Spa at SSR has not reopened. The Senses Spa at the Grand Floridian is open.

Anyone know if there is still complementary laundry detergent in the vending machines in the laundry room? (we have a studio so no in room washer)
If so what kind of detergent is it?
The vending machine at Grandstand pool laundry didn't work last month. I called on house phone who said someone would be right over. I called an hour later & someone came in 20 minutes from housekeeping. Apologized lots & said machine would be repaired. Don't know if it was.
He have me a few bottles of an eco-style clear detergent. I used it & it was fine. There was that & Tide in the machine.
I would ask housekeeping BEFORE planning your laundry adventure.

PS...The entire housekeeping staff in Grandstand was WONDERFUL. But they DO take their responsibility seriously regarding "Room-Checks."
They WILL knock on your door and ask if you need your trash taken out. That translates to: I MUST ENTER YOUR ROOM & REMOVE TRASH EVERY DAY. I assumed they'd come when I was out. But no. They wait for DO NOT DISTURB on door to see your room AND you!

Had a FABULOUS 1st time stay at SSR!

I just booked a 1-bedroom preferred at SSR and was hoping for thoughts on The Springs vs. Congress Park? We will walk to DS at least one day and then will visit the parks on other days. We won't be using the pools, but are hoping to at least find spots on the bus to the parks! Based on what I've read, The Springs seems to be the last stop on the bus loop - should we pick Congress Park? Thank you for your thoughts!

I just booked a 1-bedroom preferred at SSR and was hoping for thoughts on The Springs vs. Congress Park? We will walk to DS at least one day and then will visit the parks on other days. We won't be using the pools, but are hoping to at least find spots on the bus to the parks! Based on what I've read, The Springs seems to be the last stop on the bus loop - should we pick Congress Park? Thank you for your thoughts!
I would choose Congress park as it is closest to the walking path to Disney springs. We usually request this section and have not had issues having a spot on the bus.

The vending machine at Grandstand pool laundry didn't work last month. I called on house phone who said someone would be right over. I called an hour later & someone came in 20 minutes from housekeeping. Apologized lots & said machine would be repaired. Don't know if it was.
He have me a few bottles of an eco-style clear detergent. I used it & it was fine. There was that & Tide in the machine.
I would ask housekeeping BEFORE planning your laundry adventure.

PS...The entire housekeeping staff in Grandstand was WONDERFUL. But they DO take their responsibility seriously regarding "Room-Checks."
They WILL knock on your door and ask if you need your trash taken out. That translates to: I MUST ENTER YOUR ROOM & REMOVE TRASH EVERY DAY. I assumed they'd come when I was out. But no. They wait for DO NOT DISTURB on door to see your room AND you!

Had a FABULOUS 1st time stay at SSR!
Thank you!

We’re arriving and departing via Sunshine Flyer in July. I assume Bell Services will bring us and our luggage from the Carriage House to our building in a golf cart - is that correct? And when we’re leaving, how far in advance should we call for pickup, i.e., if we want to be at the Carriage House at 10:30 AM, what time should we call Bell Services to request they come pick us up? TIA!
:thanks:

We’re arriving and departing via Sunshine Flyer in July. I assume Bell Services will bring us and our luggage from the Carriage House to our building in a golf cart - is that correct? And when we’re leaving, how far in advance should we call for pickup, i.e., if we want to be at the Carriage House at 10:30 AM, what time should we call Bell Services to request they come pick us up? TIA!
:thanks:

Hi...Yes golf cart service for normal amount of stuff...I did see them use a van for a family that looked like they were moving in for year! LOL!

Last month I called Bell Desk day before to gauge how busy they'd be next morning to be at Carriage House by 8am
They said 7:30 was more than ok. I called 7:20 (I'm a nervous Nellie) & they arrived 7:35 in PLENTY of time to get me there on time.

Having said that, if they're at full occupancy or you're further from CH & you'll have a lot to load, I'd allow more time.
A call day or 2 before or stopping by their desk/kiosk to get info won't hurt.

PS. Bell services AND housekeeping at SSR exceeded my expectations. It was my first stay there & I was very impressed. Not one CM didn't seem very appreciative to be at work during my stay.

Wishing you lots of pixie dust :tink:

Hi...Yes golf cart service for normal amount of stuff...I did see them use a van for a family that looked like they were moving in for year! LOL!

Last month I called Bell Desk day before to gauge how busy they'd be next morning to be at Carriage House by 8am
They said 7:30 was more than ok. I called 7:20 (I'm a nervous Nellie) & they arrived 7:35 in PLENTY of time to get me there on time.

Having said that, if they're at full occupancy or you're further from CH & you'll have a lot to load, I'd allow more time.
A call day or 2 before or stopping by their desk/kiosk to get info won't hurt.

PS. Bell services AND housekeeping at SSR exceeded my expectations. It was my first stay there & I was very impressed. Not one CM didn't seem very appreciative to be at work during my stay.

Wishing you lots of pixie dust :tink:
Thanks! I appreciate the suggestion to call the day before. We won’t have more than two checked and two carryon bags, probably fewer, when we arrive, but when leaving we’ll also have an Owners Locker, and it will be a Friday morning, so definitely a good idea to check with them!

Thanks again to everyone who was so helpful in answering my question re: room requests.

I have another follow up question, how do I go about requesting the room I would like? From my understanding, I shouldn't put any requests in the MDE check in. I booked the reservation through Interval. I've read conflicting things online whether I can fax the request to Saratoga. Is my only option calling since I'm not a DVC member?

You can call Member Services as an inbound exchanger. (This is what your $190 buys you).

You can also use the TouringPlans room request service, though there are conflicting reports about whether that still works.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter