SSR Lovers and Owners Part 3

You can call Member Services as an inbound exchanger. (This is what your $190 buys you).

You can also use the TouringPlans room request service, though there are conflicting reports about whether that still works.

Great, thank you. I was able to put in my room request through the MS chat!

Thanks again to everyone who was so helpful in answering my question re: room requests.

I have another follow up question, how do I go about requesting the room I would like? From my understanding, I shouldn't put any requests in the MDE check in. I booked the reservation through Interval. I've read conflicting things online whether I can fax the request to Saratoga. Is my only option calling since I'm not a DVC member?
I put in a request through touring plans. They fax the request and I usually get what I’m asked for or close to it.

Any idea what the distance from the check in to the farthest building is? Wondering if it is walkable.

Last edited:
Any idea what the distance from the check is to the farthest building is? Wondering if it is walkable.
I don't know but I imagine it is quite walkable. I stayed by the Paddock Pool last trip and it was 7-8 minute walk (I timed it a few times) to check in. We were right by the Carousel bus stop so I suspect you might add about 5-6 additional minutes to get to the furthest Carousel room. In my head, SSR is a huge resort, but in practice it's easier to walk than I expected.

Any idea what the distance from the check in to the farthest building is? Wondering if it is walkable.
According to Google Earth, the two furthest buildings from the Carriage House are in Congress Park and Carousel and are approximately 1,900' or a little over 1/3 of a mile away.

Afternoon all, we have a 1 week stay at SSR in a few weeks and am looking for the best way to get to RIV for a 7:30 breakfast reservation. Are buses from DS running to resorts that early or is ride share the only option at that time?

Afternoon all, we have a 1 week stay at SSR in a few weeks and am looking for the best way to get to RIV for a 7:30 breakfast reservation. Are buses from DS running to resorts that early or is ride share the only option at that time?
I think you'll need rideshare. DS doesn't open until 10:00 in the morning (although some places like Starbucks open at 9:00 for breakfast). So it's unlikely that buses will be running from DS to resorts early enough to get you to Riviera for a 7:30 breakfast.

We are checking in the week to a preferred studio, any suggestions on location requests? Are any of the pools currently closed?

We are checking in the week to a preferred studio, any suggestions on location requests? Are any of the pools currently closed?

The Grandstand pool has been closed for maintenance last Spring. The Congress Park pool will be closed for maintenance October 3 through mid December 2022. The High Rock Springs pool will be closed from early January through mid March 2023.

(From the DVC member website).

The Grandstand pool has been closed for maintenance last Spring. The Congress Park pool will be closed for maintenance October 3 through mid December 2022. The High Rock Springs pool will be closed from early January through mid March 2023.

(From the DVC member website).
The Grandstand pool was open when we were there this last March.

We just got back from a split-stay [BRV and SSR] and had an AWESOME room location in The Springs, room 3503 [1BR]. Our patio faced the lake and fountain:

00-qSvDM5RbRDsgPz4pfWeJXkYr5IDGYCMS7j3bLZS0RJgNuoLSjmbDH92dJUktib104xJ2Twu75QF_jizMkB1ZdA

00-qSvDM5RbRDsgPz4pfWeJXkYr5IDGYCMS7j3bLZS0RJi8K_-YdkYwqE_CdBXM0CC6ldMTLfbtJ__wYVBQ_4iTow

00-qSvDM5RbRDsgPz4pfWeJXkYr5IDGYCMS7j3bLZS0RJgphHinGr5anpZtigBzTKjLaAUrgnwgvQnZ_1RWb7NZPA

00-qSvDM5RbRDsgPz4pfWeJXkYr5IDGYCMS7j3bLZS0RJhxxr-Fs2634YnagzuDl49rrnHjCyIZu59oV2we_kMG9A

and was steps from the bus stop and directly across from this:

00-qSvDM5RbRDsgPz4pfWeJXkYr5IDGYCMS7j3bLZS0RJgj2X5iiZQtfNKsqkSJkSuArnHjCyIZu59oV2we_kMG9A

Nice pictures Kimmar! I just got back from Congress Park
staying in a studio. Nice to see the pictures of the one bedroom
in case we ever want more space. I really like the updated rooms at Saratoga -- they look really clean.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter