Splash down for 6 months.

I don't think cast members get "higher seats" based on knowledge and/or seniority. ;)

They don't...more often than not you find out when they are putting the schedule together and informing you that you will be standing somewhere else in 2 weeks.

Reactions: eXo
High seats? What are you talking about? He was sitting on a seat behind a type of podium which was above eye level.

Let me translate: the guy pushing the button has no idea about operational schedules or plans.

He never did...he never will.

They have over 60,000 employees...nothing good can come of disclosing information to the rank and file.

The employees talk a lot though...it gets boring for sure...

Reactions: eXo
Listened to a podcast today and they said they think splash is going down to get re-themed to guardians of the galaxy? Crazy!!

Nope he was being totally serious, it was the Extra Magic Hour podcast. But that won't happen how would it fit with the land theming?!?

Listened to a podcast today and they said they think splash is going down to get re-themed to guardians of the galaxy? Crazy!!

That would just make me laugh. Mostly because nothing surprises me any more.

They totally should do that. If you want to do ToT you have to visit WDW. Then if you want to do Splash, you have to to to DLR. That gets everyone to double up on trips, right? :p

Obviously, people can say anything they wish, without any worry to validity. This borderlines on ridiculous. Not to say it would never be rethemed, I can see that happening one day but GoG, someone needs drug testing ;)

In all fairness, that was sort of my response when they first said they were turning ToT at DCA into a GotG attraction.

Hey guys! I just called the reservation line and the cast member told me they are shutting down Cinderella's Castle for 8 months! They are going to re-theme it to Indiana Jones! A 50 foot tall sculpture of Shia Lebouf's head will sit in the center with a floating fedora and a crystal skull on top!

Fire works will shoot out of his ears!

I know it's true because one of a thousand employees at Disney who makes just over minimum wage told me so!

Well it was a guy sitting high on a stand when you are getting close to boarding who said it. Is anyone familiar with that spot? Maybe someone could ask. He sure seemed to know what he was talking about, and he didn't seem like your average cast member, but someone with a little more authority. Said they were waiting till after the 4th because of crowds around then.
Let me give you a little tidbit. When I was on the phones for 8hrs a day for an eternity one thing you were graded on...confidence..sometimes you didn't know the answer and no they didn't want you to lie but have confidence in your voice. If you didn't know the answer don't hesitate or sound unsure..take charge basically.

Just because someone seems to have more authority does not mean they actually do. And if someone is telling guests at a park that a ride is going down for refurb before Disney has a chance to officially annouce it I would think that would be a big no-no.

Here at the DIS we may get advanced notice from sources but those sources aren't in the parks telling their information to random guests.

It's obvious that no we can't be for sure about it going down or not. It is unlikely though. You have hot hot hot temps still into Sep and parts of October so taking a water ride offline to do a scheduled refurb (rather than a down day or two) doesn't make much sense. Yes we also know so many things Disney does don't make much sense though. Crowds also come for Food and Wine and MNSSHP so it's not like it's a dead zone after the 4th of July.

I agree with others could it happen? It's Disney yes it could..is it likely to happen? Probably not..is the person who has that knowledge going to be telling that information at the actual ride all randomlike??Unlikely.

Hey guys! I just called the reservation line and the cast member told me they are shutting down Cinderella's Castle for 8 months! They are going to re-theme it to Indiana Jones! A 50 foot tall sculpture of Shia Lebouf's head will sit in the center with a floating fedora and a crystal skull on top!

Fire works will shoot out of his ears!

I know it's true because one of a thousand employees at Disney who makes just over minimum wage told me so!

Ha! Seem's like a fun place to take this thread. The unbelievable rumors...

I seriously hope this is BS. We are going in August, and I'm finally not pregnant and my daughter is tall enough. Splash is my favorite ride, and I've been looking forward to her first ride she was born.

Shutting it down during the hottest part of the season makes no sense.
Lol, the way you said that! Agree, August here, and my boyfriend and his mom in October

As far as any pattern; the next major rides for rehab are Space Mountain and Everest. Space needs a lot of work.

Almost all of Frontier/Adventureland has been done recently. The focus leading to the 50th is going to be on Tomorrowland.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter