Splash down for 6 months.

Highly doubtful. They just did a major refurb and they usually announce this stuff in advance. Maybe the cast member misheard something.
Or 100% made it up because it was a slow day and they wanted to feel "all important"...

...that's true in 99.99% of these cases...

Or 100% made it up because it was a slow day and they wanted to feel "all important"...

...that's true in 99.99% of these cases...

Given the comments, there do seem to be a number of breakdowns however, so maybe it is true. Anything is possible these days.

If this is something being planned 6 months in advance, it makes no sense to plan it to fall over the summer months when it would be the most popular. Why wait that long if it's urgent, and why not postpone it another month or two if it isn't urgent?

And by the way, this would totally suck since I'll be there in September.

I seriously hope this is BS. We are going in August, and I'm finally not pregnant and my daughter is tall enough. Splash is my favorite ride, and I've been looking forward to her first ride she was born.

Shutting it down during the hottest part of the season makes no sense.

I seriously hope this is BS. We are going in August, and I'm finally not pregnant and my daughter is tall enough. Splash is my favorite ride, and I've been looking forward to her first ride she was born.

Shutting it down during the hottest part of the season makes no sense.
I never got to ride it because it wasn't open yet the last time I was there. :tilt:

It was down this morning for several hours and I heard people talking about it being down "again" a few days ago. It was up and running when e rode it at 2:45 today though.

I would be devastated. It is one of my family's favourite rides and it would be a real tragedy to have it closed down for our upcoming stay in August. :'(

Well it was a guy sitting high on a stand when you are getting close to boarding who said it. Is anyone familiar with that spot? Maybe someone could ask. He sure seemed to know what he was talking about, and he didn't seem like your average cast member, but someone with a little more authority. Said they were waiting till after the 4th because of crowds around then.

Given the comments, there do seem to be a number of breakdowns however, so maybe it is true. Anything is possible these days.
All the rides have outage problems. I don't think Splash suffers more than the others. Just check out Josh's wait time charts sometime and you'll see chunks of outage time on most all the major rides at some time or another in a given week. I'm not sure any are immune

On this particular day it was Pirates, Space and 7D
magic_kingdom_waits_2417.jpg

Here, it was Peter Pan
magic_kingdom_waits_february_2_2017.jpg

He said it would be the longest rehab they'd ever had. Six months! After I heard him say that, I quickly thought it was only five months from middle of July to middle of December.

Last edited:
Ever heard of the game of gossip? Where you say something and see how it can spread, and change as it moves from person to person.
I believe this CM was playing gossip with a guest.

I guess July will tell...
We should know before that because it would show up on the refurb calendar. Disney doesn't usually give a 6 month refurb as a surprise because then a lot of people would be in guest services not happy.

High seats? What are you talking about? He was sitting on a seat behind a type of podium which was above eye level.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter