Splash down for 6 months.

Barbruka

Favorite place in the world.
Just got back. Overheard Splash Mountain cast member telling guest as he got on that ride that it was closing down for six months. Don't know if this is common knowledge or not. Big refurb. Just after 4th of July to almost Christmas.

That would really surprise me if true. They just had a big refurb for it a couple years ago. Also it would really surprise me if they did this during the summer months when this attraction is most popular. Normally the refurbs for this happen anywhere from December-March because it's typically colder in Florida then.

It does seem highly unlikely so soon after the prior huge rehab. But that does bring up a question I have, how often do they do extensive rehabs on rides? Is there a schedule like every 5 years? Or something like that? Or is it just when they see a big enough need to shut down to repair?

It does seem highly unlikely so soon after the prior huge rehab. But that does bring up a question I have, how often do they do extensive rehabs on rides? Is there a schedule like every 5 years? Or something like that? Or is it just when they see a big enough need to shut down to repair?
It usually depends on needs. Water rides tend to have them more frequently due the water aspect. Other rides like big thunder and space can go much longer without major refurbs.

Makes sense. More or less what I expected they did.
Has Splash been breaking down a lot? It doesn't seem like they have been but maybe I miss the reports (very possible)

Makes sense. More or less what I expected they did.
Has Splash been breaking down a lot? It doesn't seem like they have been but maybe I miss the reports (very possible)
Not that I've seen but I don't pay attention to that aspect often. During the 9 days I was at Disney in January I noticed one splash breakdown.

When we were there in October it was down multiple times throughout our 3 MK days for hours at a time. Not sure if it was just the week we were there. It was rough cause BTMRR was closed for refurb at that time.

When we were there in October it was down multiple times throughout our 3 MK days for hours at a time. Not sure if it was just the week we were there. It was rough cause BTMRR was closed for refurb at that time.
Seemed to be down quite a bit when I was there is September also

My family had to be walked off on our Oct/Nov trip, but that actually happened with more than one ride that trip (they also got evacuated from Space and we all got walked off the People Mover, which was harder than it sounds with two 4 yo, two 6 yo + 4 other kids, since you have to walk on the narrow track along a bridge). They seemed to be having many mechanical issues in MK that 2 weeks. Hope this isn't true, as we planned for it to be up for our May trip.

My family had to be walked off on our Oct/Nov trip, but that actually happened with more than one ride that trip (they also got evacuated from Space and we all got walked off the People Mover, which was harder than it sounds with two 4 yo, two 6 yo + 4 other kids, since you have to walk on the narrow track along a bridge). They seemed to be having many mechanical issues in MK that 2 weeks. Hope this isn't true, as we planned for it to be up for our May trip.

We were there at the end of October through the beginning of November. We had to be evacuated from Splash when one of the logs got stuck. We got stuck on the worst spot on the entire ride since it required them to move the logs in front of us to move us to an evacuation point. It took them a while, and it definitely was not the only time that ride was having issues during our trip. At least we got a fistful of fastpasses out of it and vouchers for free ice cream!

Highly doubtful. They just did a major refurb and they usually announce this stuff in advance. Maybe the cast member misheard something.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter