Anyone renew their Sirius XM radio subscription lately?

clh2

<font color=green>I am the Pixie Stick NARC at my
I always try to negotiate my annual Sirius XM subscription. My subscription is up in April, abe I will not be renewing for the list price of $247.58.

i probably listen to it for about 1-2 hours a month. If DH is in the car with me, that time will go up, DH loves Sirius radio.

For me, this service is worth about $50/year, including all the fees. For DH, in my car, he feels the service is worth $100.

what have you all recently negotiated for?
thanks!

We let ours expire when the trial period ended on our new car since we hardly ever use it. They keep sending us stuff in the mail advertising a lower price if we sign up. Don't recall how much it was and just tossed it in the trash with the other junk mail. After yours expires in April, you will probably start to get those renewal specials in the mail.

There are always a few location radio stations we can listen to. Perhaps if someone travels a lot, that type of subscription radio is worth something, but otherwise think it is a waste of money.

So my update:

I was on hold phone far less than I thought, about 20 minutes.

first deal they offered was for $118.79, which I refused. Second offer was for 68.83 Including all taxes and fees. Still a little more than I feel it is worth, but it will keep my husband happy if he is ever in my car.

thanks for all your feedback!

I have been on the promotional rate $5/mo for about 6 years now. I would have to threaten to cancel every 6 months to get that rate and it was a pain. Recently, the rep said that there is a $60/yr promotion available so I opted for that.

I renewed last month or earlier this month..

Time is a blur right now.

But I also got the $5/month price. It's $7after taxes and fees. The phone calls take forever but I always start by saying "I currently have this rate (or interested in x offer) . If you can continue it, I'd like to extend my subscription, otherwise I'd like to cancel." and it seems to keep the convo shorter than my first ever attempt to cancel, Where they offered me a million different plans/prices. We've had the service for about 5 years.

I renewed last month or earlier this month..

Time is a blur right now.

But I also got the $5/month price. It's $7after taxes and fees. The phone calls take forever but I always start by saying "I currently have this rate (or interested in x offer) . If you can continue it, I'd like to extend my subscription, otherwise I'd like to cancel." and it seems to keep the convo shorter than my first ever attempt to cancel, Where they offered me a million different plans/prices. We've had the service for about 5 years.

Exactly this. LOL I actually called last week when I noticed that my promo had expired and told them what I wanted to pay. They came back with $5/month for 12 months. Cool.
Fun story, last year when I called to negotiate, the guy actually told me to do that 'next year when you call'. I got a kick out of that. At least the people on the phone know the dance.

Sirius XM is all we listen to in the car. We each have a 20 minute commute so we each listen for about 40 minutes a day. I'm paying $40 quarterly per radio. We listen for free at home as it is included on Dish.

I've got it in my Company car, as does my husband. If we didn't have it already I think I'd get a subscription. We both enjoy several of the channels.
I've got no idea what the cost is, not terribly high though. Several of our Company cars have it-

We pay $24 a month for 4 radios with Sirius. Taxes and fees included. We have had this rate for several years.

I just renegotiated the rate for my 80+ year old I laws. My FIL was paying $460 for 2 years for just his car. I couldn’t believe it. When I called in, the girl and her supervisor said since he was prepaid for 2 years, there wasn’t anything they could do. I promptly told them to cancel it and send him back his money. The supervisor quickly backtracked, found him a deal for less than $100 per year and sent him a huge refund check. They really are unbelievable and not in a good way.

I finally kicked Siruis XM to the curb at Christmas and subscribed to Spotify. Now I get to listen to more than the 5 same songs XM played every day.
I have had Sirius XM for years now and I have never have heard the same 5 songs played every day. Of course if you listen to top 40 that's probably what you get which is same as local radio. I only listen to the Beatles channel, 80s on 8, Lithium and Turbo which is 90's and 2000's hard rock. I have never heard the same songs repeated much on those stations. The reason I keep it is I do lots of roadtrips to different theme parks in the summer and like that I don't have to scan for local stations all day.

When our free trial ended, I called to cancel. They offered the $5/month for 6 months. The woman I spoke to said you can usually get that "negotiated" price and to call back before the renewal date so I could get the discount again. I called, and again said I wanted to cancel. The man on the phone offered one package that I didn't want and stated so. Then he magically came up with $5/month for 12 months. I took it. Bottom line, keep saying you want to cancel and eventually you'll get a decent price. They aren't tough negotiators. they just want your business.

Just renewed ours about 6 weeks ago. Got them down to 5$ a month for the whole year. Felt good about that. Now cable was a different story. I’d like to dump it DH for some reason wants it.
We recently switched to YouTubeTV as it offers local network stations which my DH insists on. We’ll save about $70/mo. I also added Hulu for $2/mo on a Black Friday special good for up to 12 months.

I just renewed a few days ago. 1 year for $67.83, which I was very satisfied with. I didn't even have to haggle or threaten to cancel. I just called, waited on hold for 35-40 minutes (ugh) and was offered this price.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!