• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting Than You!*6/8* NEW Trip Report Link p154

Wow, that view is amazing!!

It really is, isn't it?

Dinner sounds great. I think that might be high on the list of "date night" restaurants for me if we ever take the grandparents to Disney. :goodvibes

The food is really wonderful and the costumer service is great. I highly recommend it!

Sucks about your IBS acting up. :sad1: No IBS diagnoses but we do come from a family of sensitive stomachs, so I kinda know how that goes.

Bad timing, but nothing really earth shattering. Believe me, I have had it worse than that so I am thankful!

booooo not fun ,sorry to hear you had that to deal with during the awesome display :crazy2: but hopefully it didnt continure on cause that would stink ,literally !!!

At least I wasn't on a ride when I had to make the mad bathroom dash!!!! :rolleyes1 But it was still a great dinner and a fun evening and, although I missed dessert, I did get champagne! :lmao:

Wow, talk about a view! I could vacation there and just sit and stare at the pool and the Swan and Dolphin all afternoon. :rotfl: I'd say your room definitely made up for being on the ground level back in June. :goodvibes

:rotfl2: Yes - it definitely made up for that ground level room! :rotfl2: That view was absolutely stellar. I knew we wouldn't get a view like that with standard, but wow - what a difference for a few more points. So worth it!

I haven't read or seen too many reviews of FF on people's trip reports, so it was nice to read about a not-so-common to me restaurant. And your appetizer looked delicious!

I have eaten there twice and the food and service have both been superb both times. I think the small size of the restaurant really promotes both features.

Having to simply walk out of the IG to get back to your resort must have been wonderful. You were able to avoid the mass exodus through the park and could indulge in the food and wine without worrying about driving. I think all Disney fanatics like us dream of staying so close to Epcot at least once. :goodvibes

I can't say enough about how great it is to enjoy F&W and then walk out through the IG. It really IS very VIPish. I waitlisted there and BCV for my first three nights in October and I really, really hope they come through!

Be still my heart...that view....nothing short of spectacular!! Wow....I really don't have any words!

It really was a spectacular view. You don't even realize it has the potential to be that great until you actually see it. I mean, you know all those buildings are there, but the way they line up from up high is just awesome.

We really enjoyed FF when we went in 2010 and can't figure out why we haven't been back!:rotfl2: I love wandering the Boardwalk after and taking it all in....

There are so many wonderful, fun restaurants at WDW that its hard to fit them all in from trip to trip. But FF is now 2 for 2, so I will definitely be back!

Wow, that view is amazing for sure! Sorry about your stomach troubles. I have similar problems myself. BOO. Glad you could catch the end of IllumiNations, at least!

It was such a lovely view. I would love to stay there everytime I visited. ;)

I'm glad I got to see the ending of Illuminations, too. I would have been a lot more disappointed had I not seen it three times in June! :rotfl:

Mary Ellen - the view - wonderful. I am such an Epcot area lover, so, lovely. FF looked yummy, sorry to say we have actually never eaten there. One of these days! Sorry to hear of your stomach problems, but any bit or picture of Illuminations is not bad. :)

I just loved our view. It really was perfect. I just absolutely love the Boardwalk and I really hope my waitlist comes through for there in October. It's such an awesome resort.

FF is really good. I have had two stellar meals there and will definitely return.

College stuff - I totally get it. Good luck to Nick with decision making. Pros and cons, but sounds like he is a practical, smart kid that will make a good decision. I have faith and hoping Connor ends up as happy with his choice as our older son, Sean, is happy with his choice of Lehigh. May 1 cannot be here soon enough! Good luck with the Rowan visit. Also, we will be at UD April 6 for the decision day, you? We are hoping to see the new honors dorm!

I am glad we are going to meet on the 6th.

I actually didn't get to go to the Rowan open house because I had a memorial service that afternoon and it would have been too much driving and too stressful going directly from one to other. Denny and Nick enjoyed the presentations. They said the entire auditorium was FULL although they expect that only 25% of the kids will except spots in the class. They were impressed with the facilities and the academic program because it is very team oriented and all the students are assigned actual projects with companies. I am sure the education there would be very good, but I'm not sure about the overall college experience.

Oh what a spectacular view!!! I love that resort! (We're booked there in December.) Those rooms on that side are so good because of your view of the Swalphin hotels. (We had a view of the pool from the other side by the fire pit. not nearly as good as yours.)

December - nice! I would love to be there during Christmas time! Such an awesome resort. Yes - our view was spectacular and we really lucked out!

I can completely relate to constant planning.... your dining lines up with your resort - that makes sense to me!

We had the restuarants in reverse order initially. We quickly realized that was NOT going to work! :rotfl:

Glad to know FF was a wonderful dinner. Nice food, good wine, great company - what a great experience. Sorry about your post dinner gastic distress. No bueno!

Post dinner was definitely NOT bueno, but dinner was fabulous. And, honestly, my post dinner GI stuff could have been a lot worse. I really enjoyed that restaurant. I will definitely be back!

Ahhh Illuminations... lovely. You did have a great cell phone photo but your other photos are awesome! I don't think I've ever really had a great photo of those fireworks. Gotta learn to use my manual camera settings I suppose! :rolleyes:

Using the manual settings has helped me a lot. I just use the shutter speed setting and set it fast enough that I don't get blur but the picture can be seen.

I wish your DS all the luck in his school choice! How exciting that he has so many options. :)

Thank you! With my older son it was an easy choice for his college. It's been much more of a process this time so I appreciate the good thoughts.

Ah the Boardwalk. My new home!!!

It will be interesting to see what I think of Boardwalk View versus our Luna Park perfection. It truly did inspire a purchase, absolutely no doubt about that.

I would love to have the Boardwalk as a home. I just waitlisted there and the BC for 3 nights in October. I hope I am lucky enough to have it come through again! Please!!!!!!

I think we did have the same thing for dinner! SO good. Hands down favorite meal of the trip. But maybe different wine flights? I'll have to check when I do my update which will probably be tomorrow. There is a gap of time in there actually though after we checked in and before dinner, where I went and did something else, I am guessing maybe you just hung on the balcony while I did? I don't recall but maybe it will come to me when I do the update.

I'm sure we had different wines because I tend to like sweeter. They were all delicious.

Just to show how sweet I like them - I just came home with two bottles of polmegrante wine from our recent visit to the Cheats Fork Winery in WV. :rotfl:

Your poor tummy, I felt so bad.

Fortunately, it turned out to not involve multiple BR trips and I only missed a little bit of Illuminations, so I'm grateful for that.

Good luck to Nick as he makes his decisions.

Thank you Jill. I really appreciate the positive thoughts!

Love the view. I need to give Boardwalk another chance. I ended up there for one night after my cruise in Oct after having issues at WL....I wasn't thrilled with the room but I think I just got a stinker (not much inventory left on Saturday night of Veteran's Day weekend!) I do love the location.

Jill in CO

That happened to me when I checked in on a Saturday night (into the villas). I didn't love my location, so I guess I paid for it when I didn't do online check-in. Oh well. I hope if you decide to return you like your new room better. I love the overall vibe of the resort and its location. I think the only thing I don't like is the parking lot. The self parking is NOT convenient at all!

Talk about an awesome view! That one was really outstanding!
And I like the look of your room as well.

It was an outstanding view. Luna Park Perfection, as Cynthia said! We both loved it. It was really hard to leave that view. Trust me! The studio interior also has a nice roomy feel.

Lovely dinner at FF but so sorry to hear you got tummy issues. :hug: It always seems to happen at the most unconvenient time (not that there IS a convenient time. :lmao:)

All I can say about my IBS is it could have been a lot worse. I am glad I was right near a BR. I think I planned that. :rotfl:

All that said, it makes me really think about giving the BW a chance! Can you book a pool view or is it luck of the draw? I just love the look of water and am always booking it, if it's an option. :thumbsup2

The categories (and Cynthia may have already answered this) are: standard (with views of the front of the building, courtyard, parking lot), pool/garden (self explanatory), and Boardwalk. I just most villas fall in the second category.

Great update! We'll check in to the BWV in just 34 days :cool1:, so you know I'm loving these updates, and your adding to my excitement. We have a Standard View One Bedroom booked so I'm wondering if your view is considered a standard view?

:cool1: Woo Hoo! I bet you can't wait! So awesome! I know Cynthia already answered this, but the Standard views face the front of the building - the courtyard and parking lot and I believe it extends to the side where the tennis courts are. There are some lovely standard views, but the view is definitely better if you are up higher. From there you can see Illuminations. I stayed in a standard view studio in June and it was on the ground floor so I didn't have much of a view, but it certainly wasn't unpleasant. I really hope you enjoy your stay.

Sorry about those tummy issues, I hope that was the end of them for your trip!

It was, thankfully! So, it really was only mildy inconvient!

I just love the Boardwalk. Last time we stayed there, our room was in Egypt, but we still loved it !!

:rotfl: Yeah - those hallways are really LONG! That's especially true when you are schleping your luggage in the wrong direction (which I did in June) Do'h! :upsidedow

I love the vies. Claire not so much. She was standing next to me while I was reading so I read it aloud to her and I read the part that said "are you tired of seeing this view"? and Claire said yes. :rotfl2:

:rotfl2: Right on Claire! She was probably thinking "what' the big deal?" To be a kid again! A view is so not important to them and that's great!

I have had issues like yours a few times. It totally sucks, but I don't try to let it run my life, like I see you don't either. I know I have read some reports where people talk about it and how they can't do anything. Boy that really would suck.

It definitely used to be worse, but probiotics are a miracle, at least too me. But I can eat something seemingly benign (just anything different from my usual at home food) and it can set it off pretty unexpectedly. Thank goodness there are plenty of BRs at Disney World! :rotfl2:

Hey, Is Mike Wasowski getting fresh with me?
:lmao::rotfl2:

By now Cynthia and I were both peaked from lack of protein. We figured we would head over to Beachs N Cream for a burger. Yes - BURGER - Mark. The real thing. Angus beef.
:lmao: Excellent decision! :thumbsup2

Unfortunately, at 1245pm the wait time was 45 minutes.
:headache:

I think I was starting to feel a little shaky and probably a little crabby from lack of food.
Why do you think she didn't want to wait? :confused3 :lmao:

Oh well. It tasted good and had a decent amount of alcohol.
Does anything else really matter then??? :confused3

You didn't think that we really pulled of the mad dash out of the lodge without coffee first did you?
Well, you might have made it a little bit earlier if you'd hadn't taken the time for coffee. :rolleyes1 :lmao:

Man I LOVE that ride. My favorite. Hands down.
::yes::

Every time the elevator went UP the items in my purse popped out and went up and then when the elevator went down, they did too. I was trying to hang on to the purse, the grips on the seat, my flying stuff, and laughing like an idiot the entire time. It was hysterical though mildly stressful that I was going to lose something important. Like my camera! Eric still remembers it like it was yesterday. Apparently I do too....hence the hat holding which honestly I didn't realize I’d done until I saw the picture. Too funny.
:lmao::rotfl2::rotfl: That would be a hard experience to forget.

I was honestly worried that this would really bug my elbow and, it did, but in the heat of the moment who cares.
That's the right attitude! :thumbsup2

We'd both hoped to have a drink at the pool and well, we couldn't make one without our supplies. :lmao:
Hadn't thought about that part of it. That would really be frustrating to have all that rum and not be able to put it to use. :lmao:

Unfortunately, I think he is going to decide against Virginia Tech because of the expense compared to these other choices. WVU, UDEL, and Rowan would make it possible for him to attend without any loans. Nick is practical. Almost too practical sometimes.
Not a thing wrong with being practical. Especially in this case. Those loans can get pretty salty, and if there are good quality schools/programs available that he can get plenty of financial help with, then by all means do it! :thumbsup2 :rotfl2:

When we walked out on the "verandah" and saw this, well&&you can just imagine the response. Better than a Boardwalk view, IMHO! I was in love, for sure. And I know Cynthia was too!
It is fantastic!

I loved the restaurant. Funny how a table location can change your opinion of a restaurant's interior.
Different vantage point, different experience!

AT the conclusion of Illuminations we walked home. And I am here to tell you that there is NOTHING better than walking out of Christine's private entrance and heading back to the Boardwalk.
Thtat really would be nice. Maybe one of these days, I'll get a chance to stay at one of the Boardwalk/Epcot area resorts.

Say what you will about the creepy clown, it's a cool slide!
It is indeed. And at least your view is from an angle that the creepy clown can't ruin your verandah experience! :rotfl:

This poor CM was taking remote orders I am sure in an effort to speed up the line but it wasn't really helping. Bubbly isn't something you can speed pour, that’s for sure.
Well, it's the thought that counts I guess. :confused3

10 years later she had her drink and we headed back to England to find a spot. And a killer spot we did find over by R&C, though as she mentioned there were LOTS of very happy people. Happy drunks though.
Hey, happy is happy as long as everyone can behave. Especially in the World Showcase.

Like I said he is far from perfect. :lmao: But even with all those "faults" he is better that some guys I know. :rolleyes1

:rotfl2: Right on Sista!

Yes inquiring minds want to know. I have a standard view booked and was thinking I will just get grass and a courtyard as the view but if I have the chance for the pool I am good.

Grass and courtyard, I'm afraid. But if you are on a high floor you may be able to catch Illuminations. And, honestly, the courtyard view is not unpleasant, it's just not nearly as nice as the view we had.

Jumping in here on this question. Sorry but no, this is a pool/garden preferred view. We lucked out, Mary Ellen requested High Floor but I think that is it. Next time to get this I'd probably request Luna Park View, High Floor and close to elevator. We had all 3!

There are some great charts of the various views for BWV, including standard that can help with making a request.

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=44982179&postcount=1

these are the standard view options I think, tennis courts or driveway.

http://photopost.wdwinfo.com/data/500/BWV_DrivewaySV.jpg
http://photopost.wdwinfo.com/data/500/BWV_TennisCourtSV.jpg

Nice Information Cynthia.

I just hope I get any view for my October wait list. PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :laughing:

I love the view from your rm. It looks like a great place just to sit and relax in the mornings or at night when all the lights are on.

It was such a gorgeous view. I absolutely loved it and can not think of a better room view!

Your son will be in by thoughts and prayers as he make that all important decision about his college choice. It sounds like he has a good head on his shoulders and will choose wisely.

Thank you! that is so nice. He really does have a good head on his shoulders and he really is concerned about the tuition price, so I am glad he is that fiscally aware. I think he realizes that if he graduates with an engineering degree he is pretty much guaranteed a job and the name of the school he graduates from is not going to be a huge factor in him getting successfully employed, so why should he break the bank when he doesn't have to.

Have fun in HHI. Dh are headed their in Sept. We are not staying at the Disney Villas, but at a place on the beach. My cousin and her DH so returned from HHI and the Disney Villas and were able to stay in a 1br with a view of the marsh. She really enjoyed watching the wildlife on the march.

I stayed in a 2BR with a marsh view and it was so lovely.

You will love staying on the beach. That is such an amazing part of the island. If you have been there before, you know what I mean. And if this is your first visit I guarantee you will love it!

What an awesome view at the Boardwalk!!! :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Isn't it amazing? We absolutely loved it!

Your dinner at FF looks really good!! I think we are FINALLY going to give there a try on our next trip!

You guys are such foodies - you really should try it. The food is awesome and the costumer service is great! I think you will enjoy it!

Oh no, hopefully your stomach was feeling better quickly!!

Yes - fortunately no other issues other than missing the start of Illuminations. It definitely could have been worse!

I am finally caught up on your TR! I read all of the updates that I missed on my phone last night before I went to bed, I missed SO much while I was in Disney! :faint: Bad news is...I'm never going to remember everything I wanted to comment on! What I do remember is how you got the title for your TR, that was awesome! :cool1: I'm sure Gaston was thrilled to have someone tell him that other people are more important than he is! :rotfl:

Jen - I missed you over here. So glad you were able to get all caught up again!

Yeah - Gaston was definitely NOT a fan of Tina's comments, but it was just so darn funny! :rotfl:

And all of your pictures of the Wilderness Lodge before you left, love them! My favorite resort! I think I love the Beach Club as much as the WL, but I consider the WL my home, there is just something about that place that makes me SO happy! I really have to do the tour you mentioned someday, I hope they still do it!

I know WL is your home. It's just like POR will always be my first Disney home. It holds such a special place in my heart. If you are a big WL fan then you should definitely do the tour. Yes - they still have it and it is so informative. Seriously, I may do it again in October. It's that interesting and really right up any hard core Disney fan's alley!

Your room at the Boardwalk is so beautiful, but that view!!! OMG it's perfect! :thumbsup2 See, now I'm having 2nd thoughts about the Yacht Club, which is where we are booked for December, now I want to switch to the Boardwalk! Although, the bounceback that I used is only good until Thursday, the 4th, and I definitely want to stay until at least Sunday or Monday, so maybe I can rent points at the Boardwalk? Do you think that will be impossible in December? I know that's a popular DVC time, right?

I bet you could get something in December. The first two weeks are popular DVC times. The third week is actually better. I would definitely try it. You could always get SSR or OKW and waitlist there.

Anyway, that view, I think if I stayed there and had that view, I'd never want to leave, it is seriously that wonderful! It's funny, I used to think the Boardwalk pool area was too crowded for me, because you can see the Swan (or Dolphin, whichever one that is) and it looks so close, but now I like that, it's like you're in the middle of everything!

It really is a very cool perspective. Being up high really shows it. But even on the ground its an amazing location. I just love it there. I always thought I would like the BC better, but in reality I prefer the Boardwalk - all except for the self parking. :rotfl:

Your dinner looks great, I really need to go there someday, if I ever stay at the Boardwalk, I'm definitely going to try it!

It's definitely convenient. And the food and service were wonderful. I have had two really great meals there so I would not hesitate to recommend it.

Ugh, I always have stomach issues in Disney, because you eat so differently there, it's a lot to handle! I always have a huge supply of Pepto and Tums with me at all times! :rotfl: Too bad you had to miss Illuminations, but with all the drunk people it sounds like it would have been annoying anyway. People definitely get crazy during Food and Wine! :drinking1

I eat the most basic food at lunch and dinner when I am at home. I have always been like that. When I try food that's different, as much as I love it, it sometimes doesn't love me back. Oh well. It's not going to stop me from eating fun and adventurous stuff.

Okay, you almost have me convinced that BWV is wonderful! I LOVE the little kitchenette style and your view is fabulous! So much better than sitting on your balcony out on the boardwalk, I think. BUT you are only showing the back/top of that scarey clown! We walked around in the pool area one evening - I think I had nightmares that night! :lmao:

I think that Luna Park view is so much better than the Boardwalk view. Why? Not because the Boardwalk view wouldn't be lovely, but I would be afraid everyone would be looking back at me. I like that this has a more secluded feel.

As far as the clown - here's something interesting - and Cynthia and I both felt this way - the Clown is definitely not a creepy when you are seated on the pool deck. Weird - Yes! But true!

I know Nick will make a good choice for himself. Sounds like they will all be good, and it's great if he can finish with no loans! (From the mom and MIL of two teachers who are up to there in eyeballs in student loans):thumbsup2

I'm sorry about your rumbly tumbly. Ummm, I hate to be indelicate, but you said it first - I had to :rotfl2: when you mentioned "crappy cell phone pics" right after your foray into the restroom. :rotfl: Again, I apologize, I just had to go there.:goodvibes

haha I didn't even realize I said that. :rotfl: OMG - wait until Captain Oblivious reads this. I better go back and edit that out. Thanks for the warning. :rotfl:

I :lovestruc that view and all those pics. Beautiful!

Isn't it wonderful? I wish I could have that room every single time I stayed at Disney. I am a resort hopper, but I wouldn't be for a view like that. ;)

Woah could your view be any better?!:thumbsup2

In one simple word - NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was truly better than I expected it could be. Loved it!

Agh, I hear ya on the IBS. I have it as well, but I believe it's the opposite kind that you have. And it always happens when i'm on vacation. Hate that. Well, at least you got to catch the tail end of Illuminations.

Probiotics work well for that, too! I'm serious. They are wonderful!

Stupid GI tracts love to get all weirded out on vacation. So annoying.

0bdb8bc4-b2fe-4c49-98c8-a18022d0388c.jpg

You have our room number. I love you! I think I took a picture later in the trip, but haven't looked through my pics yet to see. You are so right when you said Luna Park Perfection.

Where I considered this shirt for Jeff

IMG_1246.jpg

Which is exactly the one I got for Denny, although I really love the beer bottle shirt too.

I forgot you went into Epcot (I know -big surprise there). I think I decided to chill a bit because I remember that was the afternoon I get irritated when Nick failed to show up for his assigned ref games. I was partly mad at him but also irritated with myself, because, of all we moms are the master schedule keepers.

Thanks for the posting the champagne menu. I had the ice one. Those desserts look so yummy. I didn't get one dessert during F&W, but that is seriously going to change next year!!!!!!

Cynthia - I am dying to know what t-shirts you ended up getting after seeing all these pictures!
Your room was awesome! What a view! Glad you said it was not standard, lest someone think that was typical! We definitely want to try staying at BW next trip. Maybe if we don't go during F&W we can actually get a room at 7 months!

Cynthia is going to have to post her final purchases because I have NO idea.

I just waitlisted for next F&W for 3 nights, so hopefully it will come through. I had no trouble getting a reservation there for summer, so I think 7 month availability is definitely possible. I think you will love it.

So did the bubbly work okay for you? Sure looked yummy! I LOVE Illuminations! I listen to that music so often when I need to relax! It's very moving and inspiring to me.

She seemed OK to me! :laughing: But what do I know since I was having my own "issues". :rolleyes1

I love Illuminations, too. So wonderful.

eandesmom - I love those WS shirts! I've never even stopped at that place before, but perhaps I will next time for my DH. He's not really into 'Disney' apparel, but I think he'd wear this and that's good enough for me :rotfl:

All I know is my DH better darn well wear his F&W T this October. He'll say something about it being last years date, but who cares? It's a fun shirt. They had a lot of cool F&W merchandise to pick from.

I absolutely LOVE FF! One of the best Signature restaurants. I also love the ambiance and decor of the place.

I definitely agree that its one of the best. I have had two consistently good meals there and I hope to visit again in the near future.

Loving all the t-shirt pics. I'm going to have to keep an eye out now for the retro one with the monorail.

Also, great pics of the resort and view. I'm really looking forward to my boardwalk stay and seeing pictures of the resort help to build the excitement.

All I know is my DH better darn well wear his F&W T this October. He'll say something about it being last years date, but who cares? It's a fun shirt. They had a lot of cool F&W merchandise to pick from.

When will you be going to F&W?! I see your cruise ticker..is that a combo trip? I'm PRAYING that we'll be able to go the week of October 7th. I'm booked at BLT just in case :cool1:

Unfortunately, I think he is going to decide against Virginia Tech because of the expense compared to these other choices. WVU, UDEL, and Rowan would make it possible for him to attend without any loans. Nick is practical. Almost too practical sometimes.

When it's that much money, you have to be practical. I chose UD over VT because of the cost. It's a big factor.

And now...drum roll please...what you've been waiting for...the first of many view pictures.

Fantastic view! You guys hit the jackpot.

Now, here's where I might give you a little TMI. On the way into Epcot I started to feel my stomach "rumble", shall we say. I do have a touch of IBS that is really well managed with probiotics, but the occasional change in diet can sometimes cause a bit of havoc.

And...well...nothing.....Just stomach cramps.

Just as I had finished my champagne and as Illuminations was about to begin, that all-too-familiar stomach "rumble" came back again with a vengeance and I suddenly found myself hustling to the restroom right at the beginning of Illuminations. Talk about terrific timing.

Oh, that stinks. Sorry you weren't feeling so well.

To make up for my lackluster photos

Can you believe someone would try to shoot Illuminations with a tree in the way? :rolleyes1

It reminded me of the crowds that hang out in Dewey Beach in the middle of summer.

:scared1:

Say what you will about the creepy clown, it's a cool slide!

Hey, as long as you don't have to look at his face, I agree!:thumbsup2

Where I considered this shirt for Jeff

IMG_1246.jpg

I'd vote for that one. :thumbsup2

These guys were having fun, I swear he had at least 5, possibly 6 glasses of bubbly. Clearly he’d been a server at some point, if not currently.

Impressive dexterity, especially if he's already had a few.

Oops, not quite ready for the shot thank you very much!

:rotfl2::rotfl2:

With that it was bedtime. Tomorrow would be my last full day. WAH!

NO!! Already?

I fell behind but am all caught up again. Problem is, I forgot just about everything that I wanted to comment on. How 'bout...neat pictures of all the t-shirts from around the world. I had to laugh at the "brought back the high school years" memories because that's exactly what I was thinking.

Great job on the T-shirts. Awesome use of time between room being ready and dinner.

Let's see now - how many T shirt pictures did she take? That should seriously be a contest!

I think she used her time quite well, considering I have no freaking clue what I did then. :confused3 Did I take a nap? Watch TV? Drink on the verandah? :rotfl:

Flying Fish will hopefully be done soon. ::yes:: Looks great.

Definitely 2 thumbs up from me! :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Great updates ladies! Love the room pics and all of the shots of your view! Can't wait to have an opportunity to stay at BW and try Flying Fish sometime!

Thanks! We both loved our view. It was amazing and I think the pictures just speak for themselves. I would definitely recommend trying FF. It was really good!

Mary Ellen, I love the way you tried to delicately tell about your tummy rumbling! :rotfl: With all ths shopping and clothes discussions around here, it's great you included something for us guys to enjoy. ;)

:rotfl: You know I had to have an explanation for why I didn't take 100 Illuminations pictures. I guess I could have thought of another one, but the truth seemed...well....more truthful. :rolleyes1

Cynthia, love the WS T-shirt pics and you have some great shots of Illuminations! :thumbsup2 And :woohoo: on the "Survivor" concert.

I can believe how much she got done while I was doing "God Know's what". Did I go back to the pool? I have no clue, so it probably involved an adult cocktail. :rotfl:

Seems like a little bit of "faulty" reasoning going on here.......

Hopefully he isn't better than ALL of the guys you know........... :scratchin

Hey - you can dish on Bo but he's got a ton of loyal fans and most of them seem to be female. :laughing:

Thank you Cynthia for the view information. We won't be spending our countdown dreaming of the view, you might have saved us from some disappointment;)

I hope you aren't disappointed. The front of the building is so nicely landscaped and if you are high you might see Illuminations. Another DISer posted pics from her standard 1 BR and the view was really very nice. Not a pool, but very nice all the same.

Nope Bo is not better than ALL the guys I know... just some.. ;)

I would love a man that cooks, cleans and loads and UNLOADS the dishwasher,doesn't mind short shopping jaunts,and long walks through Disney.
I know BO can't do all that. :laughing: He is rather "stuck" with what he CAN do and that is greet everyone with a smile and be that strong silent type, even if he is a little shallow. :laughing:
You women are always setting those unreasonably high and unattainable standards.......... :faint: :rolleyes2

:rotfl: You know I had to have an explanation for why I didn't take 100 Illuminations pictures. I guess I could have thought of another one, but the truth seemed...well....more truthful. :rolleyes1
:lmao:

I can believe how much she got done while I was doing "God Know's what". Did I go back to the pool? I have no clue, so it probably involved an adult cocktail. :rotfl:
You gotta have priorities!!! ::yes::

So you're saying those adult beverages are why you can't remember what you actually did........... :confused3 ;)

Hey - you can dish on Bo but he's got a ton of loyal fans and most of them seem to be female. :laughing:
So I've been trying the wrong pattern all along...........be more like Bo and I can have my own harem!!! :scratchin :banana:

Awesome updates, ladies.

Your view is absolutely spectacular and I certainly wouldn't mind that view in December (as long as I can't see the clown I'd be okay!).

MEK, I love that you posted all three pictures of yourself getting ready for dinner. We don't see you often enough in the pictures.

A great selection of t-shirts Cynthia and I still can't wait to see which one(s) was/were the winner.

Great view from your BW balcony! Hate to hear about the tummy troubles later that evening. Hope that was the end of that.

LOVE the nation World Showcase shirts.

so I know ure at home noe but can I just protest the end of this vacation ,because i don't really want this tr to end i like having both points of view

Nope Bo is not better than ALL the guys I know... just some.. ;)

I would love a man that cooks, cleans and loads and UNLOADS the dishwasher,doesn't mind short shopping jaunts,and long walks through Disney.
I know BO can't do all that. :laughing: He is rather "stuck" with what he CAN do and that is greet everyone with a smile and be that strong silent type, even if he is a little shallow. :laughing:

Bo is certainly getting a lot of attention in this TR! Go Bo! I expect to see Bo pictures in everyone's TRs!!!!

Thanks, we are renting points, so it will be the driveway view, but heck, it's most likely better than the view than I've got right now...we're up to our eyeballs in snow:crazy2: Thanks again for the clarification though!

You're going to love it there whatever view you get! Bring us back a picture to post please! We want to see it.

What excellent room views! :worship:

Our room view was simply amazing. We loved it!

I love the looks of your meals at Flying Fish. I really need to give that place a try sometime.

It was an excellent meal. I highly recommend it and I hope you get a chance to give it a try.

Cynthia, hooray for more t-shirt photos! I never take enough time to look through the shops (I blame the attractions!) and it's so much fun to see all they have to offer! Feel free to post more!

I know Cynthia went shopping at AK too so maybe she'll have more T pictures from there.

Now, that's what I call a "nice" update! ;)

Again, I love the room location and the view is just awesome!

Like I said before - I could book that room on every single visit and be totally happy. Such a great view! And a wonderful resort!

All the T-shirts look really cool, so I can't wait to find out which ones you really bought.

I can't wait to find out which ones she bought because I really don't know. :rotfl2:

Dinner looks good, guess we need to get ourselves back to FF any day soon.
Great pics of Illuminations too. :thumbsup2

Dinner was relish. I highly recommend you make a return visit.

wow, what a room and what a view! Amazing! The kitchen is so cute!

We absolutely loved that view and that room. It was perfect. I would be happy to stay there every trip.

Also, how awesome is the proximity of your dinner? And Epcot? Again I say, amazing! Your meals look really awesome. I've never been to the FF, looks really cool inside!

The proximity is unbeatable and we really enjoyed FF. You should check it out on one of your future trips. It's a cute place with a great location.

Mary Ellen, so sorry to hear about your tummy troubles acting up. Not much worse than feeling below par in wdw. :sad2:

Fortunately, it was short lived. I think I really lucked out in that respect.

I believe you!!!

:rotfl:

Cynthia - I just love all your t-shirt pics! I feel like I'm window shopping! Hehehe. Also love your pp pic!

I know - Cynthia needs a commission from Disney for all the free advertisement.

That darn Mike! :laughing:

:lmao: Excellent decision! :thumbsup2

I figured you would be on board with that! ;)

I am bummed that we couldn't go to Beaches n Cream? I really want to eat there one of these trips!

Why do you think she didn't want to wait? :confused3 :lmao:

Same reason, I suppose. :laughing:

Does anything else really matter then??? :confused3

Come to think of it - NO!

Well, you might have made it a little bit earlier if you'd hadn't taken the time for coffee. :rolleyes1 :lmao:

If I didn't drink coffee in the morning I would have to go back to bed, so I don't think your theory holds true me. :rotfl:

Definitely a great attraction!

:lmao::rotfl2: That would be a hard experience to forget.

I remember the first time I went on ToT with a really long necklace that kept flying up like it was going to come completely off my head. :rotfl:

That's the right attitude! :thumbsup2

I love her competitive spirit - she smoked me!

Hadn't thought about that part of it. That would really be frustrating to have all that rum and not be able to put it to use. :lmao:

We could have stormed luggage services, but that wouldn't have been right. :rotfl:

Not a thing wrong with being practical. Especially in this case. Those loans can get pretty salty, and if there are good quality schools/programs available that he can get plenty of financial help with, then by all means do it! :thumbsup2

Thanks for putting it into perspective. I really do agree with this. The cost of a college education nowadays can be absolutely insane, so I am glad he is open to cost effective options.

It is fantastic!

It's hard to debate, isn't it? Its as close to a perfect view as I've ever had.

Different vantage point, different experience!

It was quite a different experience. It surprised me.

Thtat really would be nice. Maybe one of these days, I'll get a chance to stay at one of the Boardwalk/Epcot area resorts.

I hope you do. It's really a great experience, especially if you need easy access to Epcot.

It is indeed. And at least your view is from an angle that the creepy clown can't ruin your verandah experience! :rotfl:

I know - isn't that funny? The creepy clown did not appear in any of our pictures. See what I mean about perfect?

Well, it's the thought that counts I guess. :confused3

:rotfl: I didn't realize it took longer to pour bubbly, but to get those perfect bubbles I guess its a skill.

Hey, happy is happy as long as everyone can behave. Especially in the World Showcase.

There was a lot of happy going on that night. The only thing that concerns me is how many of those people get in a car and drive home?

Loving all the t-shirt pics. I'm going to have to keep an eye out now for the retro one with the monorail.

Cynthia really got some great T shirt pictures. I must say there is something for everyone and that monorail T is pretty darn cute!

Also, great pics of the resort and view. I'm really looking forward to my boardwalk stay and seeing pictures of the resort help to build the excitement.

I thought our view was perfect. I am so happy with it. I hope you absolutely love the Boardwalk. It's an awesome resort!

Yup! That view will work!

So much to look at. :goodvibes But I can't help notice that the pool looks pretty empty for 4-ish. The slide looks fun- I especially like that it is not an enclosed slide.

Nice shopping expedition Cynthia! Great shirts. I'm drawn to the retro ones. My DH had an EPCOT shirt from our first visit in 1983 (when we were high school seniors and sweethearts)

Dinner looked fantastic! I haven't been to FF (or any signatures for that matter) but all I hear is raves about this place.

I was going to write "Bummer" about your after dinner issues, but then I thought that might not be the best phrase to use, so I am sorry to hear about your discomfort!

I liked both of your cell phone pictures from Illuminations. Mary Ellen- that 3rd one is really interesting. And at least there isn't a witch in a hat ruining all of your photos!

The International Gateway Rocks! If they had a t-shirt that said that, I would totally buy it!

When will you be going to F&W?! I see your cruise ticker..is that a combo trip? I'm PRAYING that we'll be able to go the week of October 7th. I'm booked at BLT just in case :cool1:

Yes -it's a combo trip. The cruise is over my DH's bday which is Halloween. We will be in the world three days before the cruise and four days after. We actually arrive late on October 23rd - so late that I think we will just crash somewhere near the airport and then go to Disney. Right now we are at VWL, but I have us waitlisted at BWV and BCV for the first three nights. We are cruising with another couple who are going to meet us at the port and then they are heading back to VWL with us.

When it's that much money, you have to be practical. I chose UD over VT because of the cost. It's a big factor.

It really is a big factor because school loans are ridiculous. So he is definitely going to pick an affordable option. I'm glad he has a couple to pick from.

Fantastic view! You guys hit the jackpot.

We definitely did hit the jackpot!!! We were thrilled.

Oh, that stinks. Sorry you weren't feeling so well.

Fortunately, it was short lived. I was so thankful for that.

Can you believe someone would try to shoot Illuminations with a tree in the way? :rolleyes1

I know - how silly! :rotfl2: The place was packed and given my late arrival there was NO PLACE to stand.

Ah - do you know of which crowds I speak? You can't tell me you've never been to the Starboard or Bottle & Cork on Saturday night.

Hey, as long as you don't have to look at his face, I agree!:thumbsup2

Notice that we never saw his face from our room. He was totally hidden. How perfect is that?

I'd vote for that one. :thumbsup2

I love that one - I got it for Denny! ::yes::

Impressive dexterity, especially if he's already had a few.

I have to agree that that guy was doing a great job of carrying all those bubblies!

:laughing:

NO!! Already?

Sunday was Cynthia's last full day and she didn't have to leave until late Monday afternoon. I stayed until Tuesday!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter