Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting Than You!*6/8* NEW Trip Report Link p154

Mary Ellen & Cynthia, I was so surprised to see that Tracy had passed away yesterday. I didn't know her but had seen her on the boards. How wonderful that you all had the chance to get to know each other in person as well as virtually. Those photos are wonderful, and are truly the memories worth keeping.:hug:

------------

How did you both manage to get great new bags for this trip. ME _ that Mickey bag is wonderful. Was that an Etsy purchase? C - I saw those laptop sleeves last year too. very tempting. Great that your new addition lessened your travel gear. I feel like a bag lady when I go to the airport!

Love the side by side travel stories! This is going to be another fun TR!:banana:

I'm here for the fun!

Thank you SO much for posting the pictures of our friend Tracy. :goodvibes :hug: It is so tough acknowledging that she's gone but I am so extraordinarily grateful that we got one last amazing trip in October. Such a blast!! Love that photo of her from the Wild Africa Trek. I agree... a great way to remember her. ::yes::

Cynthia - I love the idea she's having a slushie with Walt. She probably is!! And she DID see the photopass pictures somehow. Maybe just in proof form online but I know she looked at them and loved them.

It was a very special trip for her - I wonder if she knew it would be the last? She had a great time and commented often over the last couple of months how much fun she'd had and how glad she was that we'd done it. Very special memories indeed. :grouphug:

I've been thinking alot about the best way to honor her memory and honestly I think what she'd like best is if you raise a glass (slushie, champagne, margarita, water) to her the next time you are there and continue to BELIEVE in the magic. pixiedust:

She loved Disney and this nutty Disney community we've built so much and was SO sincerely grateful for all of the good thoughts and prayers over the course of her illness.

Thank you for honoring her in your TR. I'm really looking forward to seeing what else you guys were up to over the course of the week. :) It was for sure a trip I will never ever forget! :goodvibes

We will all miss Tracy here. Those of you who traveled with her even more. I'm glad she was able to travel and make such special memories for so many.

I think she was so fortunate to have one last trip in the world only two months and she appeared to be in reasonably good health. However, I suspect that Tracy could have been in a tremendous amount of discomfort and never complained.

I know Cynthia and I feel very fortunate to have seen her one last time!

I am so sorry to hear about Tracy :hug:

Thanks Sara. She was such a wonderful part of the DIS community. It's tough to believe she's not here anymore, but I know she will be with us in spirit.

Cynthia -- a great start to your trip! I often try to get a muffin for the flight too. Sounds like quite a long flight and losing all those hours would just make it even longer! I'm lucky in that way, when I go to Disney I get to gain an hour.

I love gaining time and I hate losing it. I always loved flying out west and hated flying home. Cool that you are so far East that you actually gain an hour.

Mary Ellen & Cynthia -- I am so sorry to hear about your friend's passing. I'm glad you both have some wonderful memories of her to cherish, and those great Disney pictures too.

Thank you Wendy. I do have many fond memories of Tracy. She shared our love of Disney and she was passionate about the place. I will always think of her with each future visit.

Great start Cynthia! Yay on having the cutest boy on the ME bus, I bet that made the wait that much bearable! :p

Always does. :rotfl2:

Mary Ellen, such sad news about Tracy. May she rest in peace, my thoughts and prayers are with her :hug:

That is so thoughtful Tanz. She was a wonderful part of this community and I will miss her for a long time.

I'm really sorry to hear this news. I didn't know her, but it's obvious she was a wondeful friend and well-loved.

Thanks Mark! Her posts had gotten sparse well before she got sick, but after she became ill she stopped posting all together. Everyone who met her instantly liked her.

Hi! I'm glad I found this one, especially since I see it will involve 3 familiar names from other TR's. I usually stumble across new TRs a few months after they start and end up lurking, so I'm glad I got here the first week! :thumbsup2 :rotfl::lmao:

:welcome: Andy! Thanks so much for joining us. I know what you mean about finding a TR too late. It can be really hard to catch up and there are times I don't even try.

It looks like a good start and I love your choice for Wilderness Lodge! That is my favorite resort!

I have a DVC contract there, so it was a no brainer. It actually worked out really well for the beginning of the trip. We used the boat and monorail transportation so much. It was really fun and I was almost sad to leave, but I was excited to get over to the Boardwalk.

I'm sorry for the loss of your Disfriend. I don't think I'm familiar with her name, but she seems to have many friends here on the boards.

Thanks! I actually met her on the boards quite while ago. I think it was probably during my 2009 TR and then I happened to meet her in person in May 2010. It was a total coincidence. She was someone that I instantly liked. She was so laid back and had such a great sense of humor.

I was going to quote that picture and ask if this was a KatMark TR, but I guess you beat me to the joke.

I think Cynthia probably could give Kathy a run for her money in the Starbucks category. Kathy may edge her out by a hair. :rotfl:

I am so sorry to hear about your loss. :hug: Even though I didn't "know" her, its heartbreaking to hear about anyone passing from that horrible disease.

Thanks Tina! Tracy had a cancer that usually occurs in people older than her. Cancer just seems so unfair. It's such an insult, but the people I have known with it are such fighters. And Tracy really fought it tooth and nail.

Nope...he sure didn't! :rotfl2:

The look on his face was pretty priceless. :lmao:

Max is finally getting over the fever, but he's still pretty sniff-ly. Ugh. It just makes me feel bad that I can't make him totally comfortable.

Poor Max. Well, at least he should be all better by the time you leave for the world. I hope you love it there in January.

Oh...that would be awkward! :lmao: There is plenty of Disboard-hate out there. :confused3 I know that the guy over at easywdw had a field day with the the Main Street bakey closing thread.

It was totally awkward. We were having such a nice conversation with her, but the minute we mentioned the DIS boards she totally shut down. I would love to know exactly what happened. But on the other hand, there are some people on the boards (not on the TR threads) who ARE really confrontational to the point of it being over the top.

Joining in:) I was so happy to have met Tracy in Oct. She was a great lady and has left quite a legacy. Cynthia I know her family and especially her niece will treasure those pics.

I have been trying to keep up with dis while using my phone... so I saw that you had started, but I wasn't sure how to subscribe by using my phone. I told myself I would pop over here once I was to my computer... and BAM you are how many pages in?

So I am here...but have to go back and read. :goodvibes

:welcome Ann Marie! So glad you were are joining in! :cheer2:

Ok, all caught up and Love the start!

It is so great that you and Cynthia have met despite living on opposite sides of the country.

It is pretty cool that we were able to meet here on the DIS. It makes me realize that there are so many people all over the country that would be fun to connect with, but it rarely happens. I am thankful to the DIS boards for creating that opportunity.

Sorry you had to be in the back of the DME bus. I actually use to prefer that. However, now (now that I know that being a good diser means getting that "we are here shot") I always try to sit up closer to the front.

I love being up front. I am such a goober when it comes to stuff like that. Spoiler alert - I did get the front seat on the way home. :)

Your pictures have me excited! They are awesome shots and make me want to return... today!

Any pictures of WDW make me want to return. It doesn't take much, does it? :rotfl: That's why I love the TR boards so much!

I am with Cynthia on it not being fair about the entire day you East Coasters get in WDW on your travel day. We are lucky to be able to have some dinner before crashing. Unless we do a red eye the night before. :rolleyes:

I guess that does stink, but what can you do. AT least when you go home you get a few extra hours to ease back into it. That must help with going back to work the next day.

Love the pics of the archway that Cynthia got!

She got a perfect, unobstructed view. I'm jealous!

The laptop sleeve is super cute! I often have suggested to my dh that he use the flight as a work day, but he has never done it. I have a hard time understanding why. All that time... just sitting. Working from home...or in flight...what is the difference? He feels guilty though...so always takes it as a vacation day. :rolleyes:

I have to go back and look at her sleeve. I should post a picture of my new one. It is so darn cute. They had tons of reasonably prices Disney sleeves on Amazon.

I am so sorry to hear about your loss. It is amazing how our connections on the dis are so strong...and even though I personally never met her or came across her her on dis, I can feel how much of an impact her passing has had on everyone here. My heart goes out to all of you... and to her family. :grouphug:

Thank you! My heart really goes out to her family. She was obviously very close with them and they were very, very supportive of each other. And I do think there is a certain bond that we all form here because we are all passionate about the same thing.

All caught up! Looks like you had quite an eventful trip Cynthia! Turbulence, ME wait, seatbelts, busy MCO… wow.

But she got to Epcot right on time - right on time, that is, for a rita before dinner. Priorities you know. :rotfl:

I am so sorry to read about Tracy. Sending lots of thoughts and prayers to her family.

Thank you. It's so great that so many people are thinking of her family during this difficult time. I can't imagine what they are going through.

Yay, Cynthia has arrived at WDW! You got some nice shots from the front of that new bus!

Time to get this party started. Yeah! :cheer2:

So sad for Tracy's family to lose her so young. I felt, as I do about many of my DISfriends, that I "knew" her through our mutual love for Disney. I did get the pleasure of meeting her in person briefly at our meet in October, and am so glad she was able to enjoy that last trip. I remember her posts on so many TRs I've read and she was always one with some funny comments. She will be sorely missed. :littleangel:

She really did have a wonderful last trip. And even though I knew her prognosis couldn't be very good, I never expected her to be gone two months later. So surreal.

She really did always have the best comments - the kind that make you spit your coffee on the computer screen. :coffee: :rotfl:

Mary Ellen & Cynthia, I was so surprised to see that Tracy had passed away yesterday. I didn't know her but had seen her on the boards. How wonderful that you all had the chance to get to know each other in person as well as virtually. Those photos are wonderful, and are truly the memories worth keeping.:hug:

She got sick in May and her disease obviously progressed very quickly despite ungoing very aggressive treatment. I really wish she had had more time on this Earth and her passing gives new meaning to "only the good die young".

------------
How did you both manage to get great new bags for this trip. ME _ that Mickey bag is wonderful. Was that an Etsy purchase? C - I saw those laptop sleeves last year too. very tempting. Great that your new addition lessened your travel gear. I feel like a bag lady when I go to the airport!

I got that Mickey bag in June at the Walmart near Disney World. Originally I picked it up for Nick, thinking he might want to give it to his GF since everything IN Disney is pretty expensive for his pocket book. Obviously, he wanted to pick something out himself. So I ended up with the bag. I loved it.

Love the side by side travel stories! This is going to be another fun TR!:banana:

Despite the fact that it may get confusing from time to time, there should be no shortness of fun. :rotfl2:

I'm here for the fun!

:welcome: Christine! So glad you are joining in for this TR! It was such a great time.

Thank you SO much for posting the pictures of our friend Tracy. :goodvibes :hug: It is so tough acknowledging that she's gone but I am so extraordinarily grateful that we got one last amazing trip in October. Such a blast!! Love that photo of her from the Wild Africa Trek. I agree... a great way to remember her. ::yes::

I feel very grateful, too, that I got to spend some time with her. I knew it wouldn't be much, but I felt such strength and acceptance in her presence. I felt envious of her ability to carry herself with such poise and grace.

Cynthia - I love the idea she's having a slushie with Walt. She probably is!! And she DID see the photopass pictures somehow. Maybe just in proof form online but I know she looked at them and loved them.

My GF's mom died recently and she was a big Disney fan. During the funeral the pastor reminded us that she was surely meeting Walt for the first time. Such a great thought, because I know Tracy already has.

It was a very special trip for her - I wonder if she knew it would be the last? She had a great time and commented often over the last couple of months how much fun she'd had and how glad she was that we'd done it. Very special memories indeed. :grouphug:

I am still shocked that it was her last. I mean, I know she had a poor prognosis just from what I know about metastatic cancer, but I never expected her to leave this world two months later. I wish I had gotten to see her more, but I know she had a fabulous time . Such a blessing that she had that visit.

I've been thinking alot about the best way to honor her memory and honestly I think what she'd like best is if you raise a glass (slushie, champagne, margarita, water) to her the next time you are there and continue to BELIEVE in the magic. pixiedust:

I will definitely be raising a glass to Tracy the next time I am there. I know she will be walking the world showcase with me. I hope she gives me a sign.

She loved Disney and this nutty Disney community we've built so much and was SO sincerely grateful for all of the good thoughts and prayers over the course of her illness.

She was obviously loved and cared about by so many people. I remember after our girls trip thinking she was so great. I remember thinking if I was younger and we lived in the same community or went to the same college, we definitely would have become friends. We would have synched long before the DIS boards. But I am so appreciative of the DIS boards for bringing us all together.

Thank you for honoring her in your TR. I'm really looking forward to seeing what else you guys were up to over the course of the week. :) It was for sure a trip I will never ever forget! :goodvibes

I would like to do something for her on youtube. I working on some ideas.

Cynthia and I had a great time this trip. I had no idea that F&W would be as fun as it was. It really was awesome and I can't wait to go back.

Joining in:) I was so happy to have met Tracy in Oct. She was a great lady and has left quite a legacy. Cynthia I know her family and especially her niece will treasure those pics.

:welcome: Mary. So glad you are joining in. I am glad Tracy made it to the DIS meet. It was a fun afternoon. And, yes, I am certain her family will treasure all those pictures. :goodvibes

Hi, Pat! :wave: I had to just throw this in here, because its relevant and it was funny... I was in line with my little group waiting for the MK rope drop show to start and I was standing next to a woman who was solo and looked like it maybe, kinda, coulda been you and since I've followed your trip reports intermittently (sorry), it was possible my image of you could be off.

So, we started talking and our chat immediately turned to the FLE and whether it was still open to the general public. She was pretty knowledgeable about what was going on (at least as knowledgeable as most of us on the Dis) and mentioned being an AP holder. At which point, I thought, what the hey? She looks an awful lot like Pat, so let me go for it. I started by just asking if she posted on the Dis, she looked at me like I was insane, and that was the end of that conversation. :upsidedow Well, at least I tried, right?

Sorry for hijacking for a sec...

:wave2: Too funny about that. I assure you I would not have given the "look"

I hope we overlap and get to meet for real sometime. :thumbsup2

:welcome: Pat! :cool1: You are are big part of this trip report, so you BETTER be here!!!!!!!!!!! :banana:

I am here and caught up. Last couple of weeks have been a bit insane but the reward is no work until next Wednesday!!!! :cool1:

Of course I have a ton to do at home but I will get caught up, and maybe even get a move on myself on my July TR.

It was hard hearing about Tracy. Only had the Oct meet but it hurts when it is someone so young and so quick. I will most certainly raise a glass next time I am there and only wished there was more time to get to know her. :littleangel: They changed the name of this angel.

Image0122.jpg

Thank you so much for posting this picture! That was such a great trip and now the memory will always be that much sweeter since it was the only chance I had to meet Tracy.

I'm here by the way! I'm not around a lot these days but I do love to try to catch up when I can!

Yippee - I'm in as well. Havent been on for a few days and you are 6 pages in already.

Loved your last report and have read a couple of Cynthia's and Pat's as well so this should be a blast!:cool1:

Was lucky enough to get 2 days at F and W back in 2010 - it was wonderful. The New Zealand Booth cracked us up as it didn't resemble anything we know of here - looked more like one of the Pacific islands that are nearby. But the one I saw online this year was much more in line with our Maori culture.

Now going back to read the pages I have missed.

So sorry to hear about Tracy.

Take care

Ohhhh sorry I'm joining so late! Another MK TR - what a treat! And it is nice to have a dual perspective (nice to "meet" you too Cynthia!) :thumbsup2

What a great tribute for your friend that lost her battle... that's so heartbreaking.

joining in. Luvin your Minnie mouse bag.

Sorry to hear about Tracy.

:wave2: Too funny about that. I assure you I would not have given the "look"

I hope we overlap and get to meet for real sometime. :thumbsup2

Pat would never give the "look". She was a blast to hang out with. Cynthia and I loved her company. :thumbsup2

I am here and caught up. Last couple of weeks have been a bit insane but the reward is no work until next Wednesday!!!! :cool1:

Of course I have a ton to do at home but I will get caught up, and maybe even get a move on myself on my July TR.

I have not wrapped a single thing, so I know what you are saying and I hate doing stuff like that at night. I definitely feel like an old person when it comes to getting housework done.

It was hard hearing about Tracy. Only had the Oct meet but it hurts when it is someone so young and so quick. I will most certainly raise a glass next time I am there and only wished there was more time to get to know her. :noah:

It was terrible to find out about Tracy. I know she was so optimistic that she was going to have a successful surgery and she ended up with an inoperable tumor. So sad. So very sad.

Thank you so much for posting this picture! That was such a great trip and now the memory will always be that much sweeter since it was the only chance I had to meet Tracy.

That really was a great trip. I know you guys had a TON of fun that day at the Cave! I was so shocked you were both still going strong! I know how you feel - I feel very blessed to have met Tracy on several occasions.

I'm here by the way! I'm not around a lot these days but I do love to try to catch up when I can!

Then here is your official :welcome: I completely understand having limited time to DIS, so you have my permission to lurk whenever you want. :rotfl:

Yippee - I'm in as well. Havent been on for a few days and you are 6 pages in already.

:welcome: Toni! So great to have you hear for the fun! :thumbsup2

Loved your last report and have read a couple of Cynthia's and Pat's as well so this should be a blast!:cool1:

Perfect, than you know us all and when we got to together we really had a blast. I was sorry when Pat had to leave because we became quite the threesome.

Was lucky enough to get 2 days at F and W back in 2010 - it was wonderful. The New Zealand Booth cracked us up as it didn't resemble anything we know of here - looked more like one of the Pacific islands that are nearby. But the one I saw online this year was much more in line with our Maori culture.

I have to admit, I don't think I ate anything at the NZ booth, but I think I did have some wine (there's a shock :rotfl:) The only thing bad about F&W is you can't possibly try everything. I felt like a barely made a dent. It really was a fun time!

Now going back to read the pages I have missed.

:thumbsup2

So sorry to hear about Tracy.

Take care

Thank you!

Ohhhh sorry I'm joining so late! Another MK TR - what a treat! And it is nice to have a dual perspective (nice to "meet" you too Cynthia!) :thumbsup2

:welcome: Brenda! You are not late at all! I am pretty excited for this trip report because it was my first F&W trip. Cynthia and I co-wrote our last girls trip. It gets kind of confusing, but its fun.

What a great tribute for your friend that lost her battle... that's so heartbreaking.

Thank you! I was so happy to find those pictures because I couldn't remember what I had.

joining in. Luvin your Minnie mouse bag.

:welcome: petal! I am so happy you are joining in and tonight I plan on getting caught up on your TR. I've been a bit of a DIS slacker this week.

Oh - and thank you on the bag - I love that, too! A great purchase, that's for sure.

Sorry to hear about Tracy.

Thank you. She will be sorely missed.

Checking in! Need to go back to the beginning and start reading!

:welcome: Misskitty3! Thanks so much for joining in and stick around for some great food and wine adventures.

I am joining in!

I love food and wine! My husband and I got married at Disney during food and wine so it holds a special place in my heart.

So sorry for your loss.

Some belated welcomes from me!

That is easily the cutest bag I've ever seen!
And F&W was a blast. We only got one day there...I need to go back!

F&W is a blast! :welcome:

Yay!!!!!!!
:welcome:

I'm here...now back to read (I didn't want to do responses on my TR tonight anyway :lmao::lmao::lmao:).

Great start. This is going to be one great TR...you and Cynthia, an dPat thrown in too. I can hardly contain my excitement.

Glad you got on the bus...even if it was the back of the bus.

:welcome: Kathy! We had SO much fun!!!

I'm here !!

YAY for a girls trip !! I dream of doing one of those sometime. Right now, though, my family would lynch me if I tried to go without them.

I agree that Food and Wine is an amazing time to go. I can't wait to see what you guys ate !!

I am so excited about the Grand Floridian DVC units. The points will probably be insane, but I REALLY want to stay there !!

Yay for Wilderness Lodge. We really enjoyed our time there in September.

Looking forward to reading more !!

Susan

:welcome: F&W is so perfect for an adult only trip

Woohoo...:cool1:

This is going to be good...:cool1:

Great Peeps, Great Resorts and based on the aforementioned great peeps... probs some great food and adult beverages...

Totally Ready...

popcorn::

:welcome: Patricia! I think it's safe to say that there was great food and adult beverages :rotfl:

Thanks for the bat signal!

Yay! Looking forward to reading all about the trip!

:welcome: Lisa!

I'm here! Sounds like it'll be a lot of fun!

Oh, and your bag is just PRECIOUS. :cutie:

Signing on. Can't wait to read all about it!

:welcome: Glenn!

Here !!!!!

I really enjoyed that trip.

:welcome: Pat! We so enjoyed hanging with you!!!

Woo to the Hoo!!! :woohoo:

An new TR, from MEK!! :thumbsup2

:welcome: Millie!

Hey Mary Ellen, thanks for the heads up on the new TR! I'm totally on board for this one!

Love the name and that you met Poolrat Pat many times during the trip. Eek on the wait for the ME bus but you got some pretty pictures of the resorts.

Looking forward to reading more!
Tanz

I'm here!!!! Can't wait to hear all about your trip!!! :banana:

:cool1::woohoo::yay:

Thanks for starting!!! So far, so good! Love the pictures of you and Cynthia and of the 3 of you!

I'm glad you were able to get onto the ME bus- even though you missed the Welcome sign picture, you got some great shots from the window. Wow, that is a lot of stuff going on at GF.

Hope you are able to keep track of that book for the whole trip!

:welcome: Dee!

You're off to a great start I can't wait to read more!

Well, IT'S TRUE!!! You are! :rotfl2: Max was sick all last night, so I just saw this as I was coming into work. Will be back to read and catch up later, but I had to say that and that I LOVE the TR title! :rotfl:

:welcome: Tina :) and thank you for such a memorable moment, it's going to be a fun story to tell

Finally catching one of your reports early on!! I can't wait to read all about it :)

Sigh. Page two...
That's what I get for taking the night off the computer and going to bed early!

Oh well - I'm really excited for this TR - since I was there too! :thumbsup2
Hi Pat and Cynthia!!

:welcome: Sheree! Hi back!

:wave2: I'm here and ready for some WL spectacular-rama!

:welcome: Mark!

Hello girls, I'm in!:cool1:

Yay!!! Thanks for the heads up, I am here and ready for the whole story!
October 16 is a great day, also my anniversary ;)

I'm here and looking forward to all the fun!

Oh, I am so in here!

Sorry I am late joining, we spent the afternoon shopping in Germany (the real one :rotfl2:) and got back later than expected. :goodvibes

:welcome: Karin!

I'm in! I have the same shirt that Pat is wearing!! LOVE that shirt!

Jill in CO

:welcome: Jill, so glad you are here!

I'm here! Great start! I love Food and Wine trips, I'm trying to plot a quick Thursday-Sunday trip this October, but I'm not sure if it's going to work out or not, we'll see! :rotfl: I love your Disney bag, and yay for Wilderness Lodge! :dance3:

Not even 24 hours and I'm on page 3 :headache: you're one popular lady Mary Ellen!

Thanks for the invite, can't wait to hear about your newest adventure :)

:welcome: She is popular isn't she!

OMG, I'm late & on page three! Well at least I'm here. Now to catch up!

Okay, I'm here to actually comment now!

I am soooo glad that you loved F&W! I knew you would. Maybe one day we can overlap a F&W trip and share some drunk little cucumbers. :rotfl:

Departure days are always the best. You're so excited when you get up in the morning. It's the only time I'm actually able to get up early.

How did you like The Girl Who Played with Fire? I think it's a great series.

Hahaha, I think the signature gate picture might prove to be a little difficult when you are seated all the way in the back of the bus.

I am so stoked to stay at the villas at the GF. I don't care what the points are! We've stayed there on points before, and that's without villas. Anything has to be better than that! :lmao:

:welcome: I hope to stay at the GF one day too!

Another trip report? I am so in!

Checking in! Sounds like a fun trip!

:welcome: Yay, Tammie is here!

popcorn:: joining in popcorn::

So glad you started your newest TR! :cool1: Can't wait to read all about the trip!

I did, that's how I got here! :cool1:

OH MY GOSH, page 4~

Found ya, reading later at basketball practice :)

:welcome: Mary Ellen!!!

Here. Great start. I hate having to wait for the bus.

I am excited for GFV but did you see the artist rendition or whatever it is called of the room. YUCK! I will stay there though.

:welcome: Scott, I admit, I liked it but it seems like I am in the minority

Jiminy Crickets ladies...I'm not on the DISboards for a day and a half and you start another TR and I'm relegated to page 4?!?! You ladies are POP-U-LAR!! :thumbsup2 On my TRs it would take me posting 3 1/2 pages of pics and commentary to get to page 4! :sad2:

I'm so looking forward to this TR as DW and I plan for our F&W trip next October. Well....I do all the planning....DW's involvement is a)tell me when we're leaving, b) how long are we staying and c) what will the weather be like?!

Great start. I'm subscribed for the ride!!!

:welcome: Bill!

Mary Ellen, Cynthia, and all of Tracy's other friends- I offer my condolences to you all for the loss of your friend. Thank you for sharing the pictures and stories Mary Ellen. I'm sorry I didn't know Tracy, but I can tell that she was someone with a fun spirit and personality from what you posted. I'm glad that you have those precious memories from past trips with her.

Thanks Dee. She was well loved and a truly special person. I will probably post my own thoughts and memories and pictures over on my TR this weekend as well. She lived and loved well and hard and I admire her more than I can say.

Wonderful update, Cynthia (glad to see I'm not the only one who gets a Starbucks for the flight :)). Sorry for the turbulent flight...one of the many things I hate about flying. That took an awfully long time for ME to the resort. But glad you arrived safely.

MEK, I was so upset when I heard about Tracy. Although I never met her, we exchanged messages from time to time (when Mark's mom was ill as well as my mother and she sent me a lovely message congratulating me on Markie's engagement). She was a lovely lady, and your description just makes that all the clearer. Thank you for sharing your memories.

Kathy you are not! I think you have me beat (but not by much) with the coffee needs. I did have several cups on the flight too. LOL! I've never had any turbulence before to MCO, it was really wierd!

I will probably post my own thoughts, memories and photos over on my TR this weekend, the day she passed I stumbled across some old emails that just really meant the world to find. She was an amazing person.

Mary Ellen and Cynthia, I am SO sorry for your and all our loss. :hug: I did not know Tracy in person, but I feel that here we are all one big family and I still remember her posts.
It breaks my heart seeing those happy smiling photos and on the other hand knowing that Tracy has left this earth. So very sorry. :hug:

Thank you Karin, she was a truly special person, very beloved by the DIS community and I'm grateful that through the DIS, I had the chance to know her.

We will all miss Tracy here. Those of you who traveled with her even more. I'm glad she was able to travel and make such special memories for so many.

I'm so grateful she had this last trip. She was in amazing spirits and clearly having a great time, what a blessing.

Cynthia -- a great start to your trip! I often try to get a muffin for the flight too. Sounds like quite a long flight and losing all those hours would just make it even longer! I'm lucky in that way, when I go to Disney I get to gain an hour.

I do gain when I go home, which makes that part nice but the day of travel there is just lost. I couldn't believe how messy that darn thing was!

Mary Ellen & Cynthia -- I am so sorry to hear about your friend's passing. I'm glad you both have some wonderful memories of her to cherish, and those great Disney pictures too.

I am so grateful to have met her and spent time with her on 2 different trips.

Great start Cynthia! Yay on having the cutest boy on the ME bus, I bet that made the wait that much bearable! :p

Mary Ellen, such sad news about Tracy. May she rest in peace, my thoughts and prayers are with her :hug:

My driver was adorable! Though definitely not a boy. LOL! I am grateful Tracy is no longer in pain, still in shock at how fast it was.

I'm really sorry to hear this news. I didn't know her, but it's obvious she was a wondeful friend and well-loved.

She was amazing, and very well loved. I have so many memories that have been spilling out since she passed that I do think I'll do an update on my thread over the weekend.

Hi! I'm glad I found this one, especially since I see it will involve 3 familiar names from other TR's. I usually stumble across new TRs a few months after they start and end up lurking, so I'm glad I got here the first week! :thumbsup2 :rotfl::lmao:

It looks like a good start and I love your choice for Wilderness Lodge! That is my favorite resort!

:welcome: So happy to have you here!

I'm sorry for the loss of your Disfriend. I don't think I'm familiar with her name, but she seems to have many friends here on the boards.

Tracy hadn't been active in some time due to her illness and as Mary Ellen said, even before that. She was a poster, not a writer and we all met her that way. A bit private on the photo side but one of the funnest people I've ever met. I am so grateful to have had what little time I did and treasure all the memories that were made on both trips.

I was going to quote that picture and ask if this was a KatMark TR, but I guess you beat me to the joke.

LOL! I think Kathy's worse. Not by much though.

I am so sorry to hear about your loss. :hug: Even though I didn't "know" her, its heartbreaking to hear about anyone passing from that horrible disease.

Thank you Tina, it's been a shock to us all, it happened so fast. Even though we knew things weren't good, it was still so much faster than I expected.

I am joining in!

:welcome: jash08. thanks so much for joining in! We're so glad to have you! :thumbsup2

I love food and wine! My husband and I got married at Disney during food and wine so it holds a special place in my heart.

F&W has to be the perfect time and place to get married. Congratulations to you. I bet that was an amazing honeymoon.

So sorry for your loss.

Thanks so much!

BTW - Where do you live in Kentucky? I know that's a weird question, but I am on this quest to visit Kentucky. I really want to tour the distilleries and the horse farms. I was planning to visit over labor day weekend (I know - that's 9 months away), but I figured out that Lexington is like 700 plus miles from Delaware. So I'm thinking I better wait until I have more time to drive there. Anyway - I have this "I want to visit Kentucky" obsession right now but have so many other long trips planned this year I am not sure when to fit it in. :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter