Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting Than You!*6/8* NEW Trip Report Link p154

YAY our meet!!!

Yup looked through my pictures and nothing :scared1: Those 'ritas do it everytime. :rotfl2:

I remember that eternal wait for the bus. Always the way right?

Wishing you and the family a Merry Christmas.

disney.jpg

I really want to stay at WL someday. I think the grounds are beautiful! Your room looks nice, except the bedspread. Is that a blue floral? It doesn't look very wildernessy to me. :rotfl:

:rotfl2: I actually don't really care for the decor of the villas. I wish they would redo it. But when I took the lodge tour I learned that the whole theme of the villas is after a later 1800 roundhouse. It was during the time people traveled predominately by train and when they did, none of their furniture matched. Hence - the mismatched appearance. Once I learned the reason for the theme, I realized an upgrade is probably NOT going to fix it. :rotfl: I don't remember the bed spread being horrible or flowery, so perhaps it did blend right in.

The lodge itself is just so impressive. Architecturally I do not think any of the other resorts compare to it, except, perhaps the GF because it had such a great visual appeal as well.

IYay for the meet up with Pat. She seems like she would be a lot of fun to hang with.

She IS so much fun! We actually spent time with her every day until she went home. She was definitely the third amiga.

Ahh...I can never get enough WL pictures. What a great resort. Sorry you didn't get the lake view, but I guess you can't win everything.

I didn't request the lake view, so I didn't really expect to get it. Next though! It really is a pretty resort and it was hard to leave when we transferred to the boardwalk. I have a reservation there next fall, so maybe I'll actually stay there again for part of the trip (I am going to try to switch part of the stay to the BWV)

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2 for a Poolrat Pat meet-up! Glad you two hit it off so well. And now that Cynthia's on board the fun can begin!

We spent a lot of time with Pat this trip and we were so sorry to see her leave. I am also bummed that I am going to be missing her by a few days next October, but my dates are firm because it includes Denny's BD. Can't change that.

Merry Christmas!

Same to you! I hope you, Julie, and the kids have a wonderful holiday season! :santa:

YAY our meet!!!

Yup looked through my pictures and nothing :scared1: Those 'ritas do it everytime. :rotfl2:

I remember that eternal wait for the bus. Always the way right?

haha - I knew we weren't taking any pictures. But you know what, I didn't care because I knew we were going to get more pictures later in the week. And we did - we got some great shots of the 4 of us.

Wishing you and the family a Merry Christmas.

disney.jpg

Thanks Pat! That's so cute! I love that! I hope you have a wonderful Christmas!

Merry Christmas Gals !!!!!

ChristmasMickeygathering.jpg

I love that Jen! So cute! Thank you!

I hope you have a wonderful holiday season!

Great update, MEK. I'm not sure I like the decor of the room...it doesnt' seem to quite fit with the resort. :confused3

You are very clver in solving the no space issue in the bathroom,

Beautiful pictures around the resort.

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo: for meeting up with Pat. I know there's a picture later so I won't give you grief.

Glad that Cynthia arrived and you made your dinner and "love" the bar area. :thumbsup2

Merry Christmas again.

Mark me down as another who didn't care for the room decor.

Wow, that's a lot of goodies to drink! No wonder you had such a fun time!:rotfl2: It is a lot cheaper than buying drinks at the pool bar. DH liked the refillable mug, he would add bourbon, then head to fill with diet coke, then sit around the pool!:thumbsup2

Just come on over some time, a visit from would be fun!;) I have seen a lot of the middle states, but I've been to your part of the country also. Every July 4 we take a trip that is in a 150 mile radius of our house. Thus all the trips to Ky & other nearby states.

Have a wonderful Christmas!

Love, love, love Wilderness Lodge. Congratulations on starting for your first time as an owner there!

That was a great way for you and Pat to meet. Can't beat the Cava for good drinks with old (or new) friends!

I grabbed a sandwich at Roaring Forks and found a table outside near the pool.

IMG_4246.jpg

Roaring Forks is one of my favorite QS spots at DisneyWorld.

I love being able to eat outside by the pool and enjoy the water falling over the rocks.

YAY for your first trip to this "Home"!

That bed looks really small. Was it a double or a queen? We've stayed at WLR twice and I am sure we had queens, but that bed looks smaller.

I kept wondering how two girls were going to survive in a bathroom with no storage space.

My solution - I decided to put the coffee table in there. Now we had a place to put our cosmetic bags. Problem solved and the BR was so big the table fit with no problem.

Great idea!

I would have loved a bay lake view, but I was just happy to be off the ground floor.
Really you don't like the ground floor? I do at WLR because it let me cut across the pool area and get coffee at roaring forks in the morning. But I guess at VWL higher would be better for the view. The trees are pretty tall already. Did you see any deer or wildlife while you were there?

In actuality, it was a very big room I guess because there was no closet secondary to the size of the bathroom.
hmm mental note to NEVER get an accessible room. no bathroom storage AND no closet? No thanks!

At the Bus Stop

IMG_9266.jpg

I actually saw a bus pulling away as I walking towards the stop and yup, it was an Epcot bus. Figures. Drat!

ugh! I remember never taking the bus to Epcot or MK from there -- we just loved using the ferry!

Welcome to Epcot!

IMG_9278.jpg

IMG_9282.jpg

Food & Wine Displays. Very Cute!

IMG_9283.jpg

I ALWAYS take a picture of this fountain......

IMG_9284.jpg

and of this awning

IMG_9287.jpg

IMG_9289.jpg

I love this fountain, too!

IMG_9293.jpg

Love starting out at "the ball". what is all over that first fountain? It does not look familiar to me at all.

IMG_4250.jpg

Coquille St Jacques et crevette, gnocchis Provencales - sauteed scallops and shrimps served with gnocchis provencales $31.99

mmmmm

Here are our liquor stores for the week

IMG_4252.jpg

Do you think we have enough? :rotfl2:

LOVE the liquor stash for the week. Enough?mmmm sure if you're also having drinks at F&W:rotfl2::rotfl2:

Merry Christmas Mary Ellen!
dcc718250LARGE.jpg

:

BTW - Where do you live in Kentucky? I know that's a weird question, but I am on this quest to visit Kentucky. I really want to tour the distilleries and the horse farms. I was planning to visit over labor day weekend (I know - that's 9 months away), but I figured out that Lexington is like 700 plus miles from Delaware. So I'm thinking I better wait until I have more time to drive there. Anyway - I have this "I want to visit Kentucky" obsession right now but have so many other long trips planned this year I am not sure when to fit it in. :rotfl:

I live in FARRRRR west Kentucky. About as far west as you can go before you get into Illinios. Mostly farm land. I am a transplant here. I was born and raised in New Orleans. Definately a culture shock, but I like it here too. You should absolutely make time to come and see it!

Memories of Wilderness Lodge! :thumbsup2

I love your new updates! Your room looks nice and I love how you solved the bathroom dilemma. ;)

I know I am a little late, but I wanted to wish you and your family ....

happyxmas.jpg

Great update, MEK. I'm not sure I like the decor of the room...it doesnt' seem to quite fit with the resort. :confused3

The villas theme is a late 1800 roundhouse (since Walt was into trains) and during that time period people traveled mostly by train. Because of limited space they would just pick up random pieces of furniture along the way and nothing ever matched - hence the somewhat mismatched look of the rooms. Now that I understand it, I get it better. But I really wish there was something they could do to improve the decor. I'm not really a fan either. However, I will say that when you are actually in the room it doesn't look as bad, if that makes sense. :rotfl:

You are very clver in solving the no space issue in the bathroom,

Always thinking! ;)

Beautiful pictures around the resort.

Thank you. I am glad I took them the first day because we seriously were NOT at the resort that much.

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo: for meeting up with Pat. I know there's a picture later so I won't give you grief.

That was such an unexpected surprise. We loved hanging with Pat. I can't say enough about her. I would love to plan a girls trip around her dates in the future.

Glad that Cynthia arrived and you made your dinner and "love" the bar area. :thumbsup2

Everything went perfectly for our first night. It couldn't have been better! :)

Merry Christmas again.

Same to YOU!

Mark me down as another who didn't care for the room decor.

I hear you. It's really probably my least favorite decor of any DVC villa, but the other amenities of the resort make up for it. See above what I wrote to Kathy. It explains the historical perspective of why the room looks that way.

Wow, that's a lot of goodies to drink! No wonder you had such a fun time!:rotfl2: It is a lot cheaper than buying drinks at the pool bar. DH liked the refillable mug, he would add bourbon, then head to fill with diet coke, then sit around the pool!:thumbsup2

I couldn't find a small bottle of that one rum, so I just bought the big one and bubble wrapped it to death. I ended up giving the rest of it to Christine. I wasn't about to take it back home. We pretty much drank everything else! ;)

Just come on over some time, a visit from would be fun!;) I have seen a lot of the middle states, but I've been to your part of the country also. Every July 4 we take a trip that is in a 150 mile radius of our house. Thus all the trips to Ky & other nearby states.

When I plan a trip out to KY I will definitely let you know. I really do want to do a driving trip of that part of the state. Unfortunately, it probably won't be in the next year because of all my other trips. What a tough problem to have, right? :laughing:

Have a wonderful Christmas!

You TOO! Doris! Have a great day!

Love, love, love Wilderness Lodge. Congratulations on starting for your first time as an owner there!

The lodge is pretty amazing and I love it even more after taking the lodge tour. I took that several years ago and I highly recommend it for anyone who wants to learn more about the lodge and its history. It's really interesting. When I saw a small resale contract there, I knew I had to have it. :thumbsup2

That was a great way for you and Pat to meet. Can't beat the Cava for good drinks with old (or new) friends!

Both Cynthia and I were so happy to get to spend a lot of time with Pat on this vacation. She's a blast! We really enjoyed her company!

Roaring Forks is one of my favorite QS spots at DisneyWorld.

I love being able to eat outside by the pool and enjoy the water falling over the rocks. [/COLOR]

OK - I have to warn you - I have no idea how this cut and paste is going to turn out. You challenged me here girlfriend! :rotfl:

Sitting by the pool eating was so lovely and so convenient. I love the proximity of the Roaring Forks to the pool area. Perfection!

[SIZE]YAY for your first trip to this "Home"!
[/COLOR]

I was excited to be an actual owner, even though we stayed there before by booking at 7 months. I can't wait to stay there at Christmas some time!

[/COLOR]

That bed looks really small. Was it a double or a queen? We've stayed at WLR twice and I am sure we had queens, but that bed looks smaller.

It was a queen and I think it just looks small from the perspective in those pictures. We took turns with the real bed, so Cynthia slept in the bed at the WL and I slept on the pull-out. It was fine and perfectly comfortable. Cynthia can comment on the bed. The bed at BWV was great - no complaints.

Great idea!
[/COLOR]

Girls gotta do what they gotta do! :rotfl:

Really you don't like the ground floor? I do at WLR because it let me cut across the pool area and get coffee at roaring forks in the morning. But I guess at VWL higher would be better for the view. The trees are pretty tall already. Did you see any deer or wildlife while you were there?

[/COLOR]

I am not a ground floor person. I don't know why. I just don't like it. I like being up higher. I never even realized that until I was placed in a ground floor studio at SSR once. I hated it (well, part of the problem was I didn't like the condition of the room) and we literally asked to be moved. It was then that I realized I don't like the first floor.

I also know there are a lot of people who do because they don't like stairs, so I figure it all works out.

hmm mental note to NEVER get an accessible room. no bathroom storage AND no closet? No thanks!

[/COLOR]

I am not crazy about accessible rooms and here is why (and I hope this doesn't sound awful). But I work in a hospital and I see medical equipment all the time. The accessible shower just reminds me of the showers I see at work and I don't like being reminded of work when I am not there. I hope that doesn't sound terrible, but its just the way I feel.

ugh! I remember never taking the bus to Epcot or MK from there -- we just loved using the ferry!
[/COLOR]

We used the ferry a lot! It was wonderful. I think we did every possible combination of transportation during this past trip. Fun!

Love starting out at "the ball". what is all over that first fountain? It does not look familiar to me at all.[/COLOR]

Which fountain? The first one going into the park or the one near France? :confused3

I have to go back and see if you posted a pic. The one before Spaceship Earth I just took at a tilted angle.

LOVE the liquor stash for the week. Enough?mmmm sure if you're also having drinks at F&W:rotfl2::rotfl2:[/COLOR]

Yeah - we were pretty much set for the week and then some! :lmao:

Merry Christmas Mary Ellen!
dcc718250LARGE.jpg

Same to you ME! I hope you and your family have a wonderful holiday season!

Great update and
mickey-mouse-disney-christmas_zpsafd81ebf.jpg

Thank you so much! Everyone has the cutest clip art. Love it! I need to find some clip art for next year!!!!!!

I hope you have a wonderful Christmas, too!

I live in FARRRRR west Kentucky. About as far west as you can go before you get into Illinios. Mostly farm land. I am a transplant here. I was born and raised in New Orleans. Definately a culture shock, but I like it here too. You should absolutely make time to come and see it!

I bet that was a big change for you! I have never been to New Orleans either. That's on my bucket list, too! But is it weird that I want to go to Kentucky first? My son keeps getting stuff from the University of Kentucky and I actually thought about encouraging him to apply. :laughing: A little too far though for transportation costs.

I am definitely planning a trip to KY. And when I do I will let you know!

Memories of Wilderness Lodge! :thumbsup2

I love your new updates! Your room looks nice and I love how you solved the bathroom dilemma. ;)

Isn't the WL wonderful? And I was pretty creative with the storage problem, wasn't I? :rotfl:

I know I am a little late, but I wanted to wish you and your family ....

happyxmas.jpg

You are not late at all! You are right on time! It is Christmas morning here and everyone is still sleeping. Thank you for posting this adorable clip art. I need some Disney clipart.

I hope you have a wonderful holiday season as well!

Yay for getting your room before your bags got TOO annoying!!! It looks really pretty, and the balcony view looks so peaceful!

Hahaha I need to start taking more "time" pictures. I NEVER can remember what happened when in my trips!

Yay for the Drunk Little Cucumber! I had really wanted to try it, but it wasn't listed on the La Hacienda menu! :(

Joining in!! We stayed at WL last year before we were DVC and we LOVED RF! I think we ate there at least once per day...they always have good stuff.

I am very interested to try the cucumber drink...and the jalepeno drink! I am disappointed in myself that I have NOT discovered these on my many tours of Epcot...guess I need to travel with more people interested in drinking around the world...:scratchin

Looking forward to hearing about the rest of your trip!

Oh I can't believe how much your pictures make me long for WL. We stayed there last december and I didn't realize just how much I loved it. I still think I like the epcot deluxe resorts better... but RF is is such a good cs location. :thumbsup2

I think that I have decided on a benefit to my long travel day from west coast out... my room is always ready. ;) Course, my bags often come in the middle of the night...so maybe it isn't a benefit. :scratchin

Super cool you got to have a dismeet while you waited for Cynthia to arrive. I have never been to the Ditch, but someday I want to try a margarita there!!!

I really didn't like that WL shared a bus to Epcot with FW. There were days when we went that the bus was so crowded we were squished and standing.

Lots of booze for some yummy boozy drinks! :thumbsup2 Love the creamer up there too! You gals had your beverages covered!

I notice you were wearing a wristlet with your phone. I JUST got one for Christmas. How do you like yours? Do you then just have that in the parks? I usually have my phone in my pocket. Not sure that is any better... but somehow it dangling from my wrist makes me a tad nervous. :rolleyes:

Merry Christmas!

Hope everyone had a great Christmas. :santa: We were in the car for a good part of yesterday, but thanks to my new computer I was able to edit over 400 pictures while traveling. :thumbsup2 Gotta love that!

I finished my edits this morning, so I'm sorry that I don't have time for replies right now! I've got a bunch of stuff I need to do and is it wrong that I want to try some post Christmas shopping? :rotfl:

Anyhow - I'll be back later today with replies!

Trip is off to a very good start. Still haven't been to the La Cava for a margarita. Suppose that will change at some point, but probably not on my upcoming trip! ;) I'm so glad you got along so well with Pat. Meeting people on here is always such a fun experience. And, for the record, I'm not sure there are pictures of us meeting up....except for pictures of me making an *** of myself with a certain someone who I won't name yet. :rotfl:

Hope that you had a wonderful Christmas!

Ahh you're pictures from WL are making me want to stay there again! Except I'm not letting myself repeat any resorts from now on, so the WL will have to wait a while! :rotfl: It's just so pretty and peaceful, and I love how close to MK it is! Although I feel like when I stay in BLT this Feb. I'm never going to want to stay anywhere else! :scared1:

Yay, Epcot! Yay for a 'rita at the ditch! Yum! Although, I have to say, I'm not sure I'm brave enough for a cucumber margarita...I don't like cucumbers so I'm guessing I wouldn't want one in a drink! But it's pretty to look at! :thumbsup2

I love how you guys bring your own liquor for drinks at the resort! Maybe Brandon and I should try that on our next trip! :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter