Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting Than You!*6/8* NEW Trip Report Link p154

Nope...he sure didn't! :rotfl2:

Max is finally getting over the fever, but he's still pretty sniff-ly. Ugh. It just makes me feel bad that I can't make him totally comfortable.

It's hard to see them sick

I have been trying to keep up with dis while using my phone... so I saw that you had started, but I wasn't sure how to subscribe by using my phone. I told myself I would pop over here once I was to my computer... and BAM you are how many pages in?

So I am here...but have to go back and read. :goodvibes

:welcome:!!!

Ok, all caught up and Love the start!

It is so great that you and Cynthia have met despite living on opposite sides of the country.

Sorry you had to be in the back of the DME bus. I actually use to prefer that. However, now (now that I know that being a good diser means getting that "we are here shot") I always try to sit up closer to the front.

It really is neat isn't it? We are so far away geographically and how cool that the DIS connected us! I like the front simply to beat anyone else to check in. :rotfl2:

[/QUOTE]

Your pictures have me excited! They are awesome shots and make me want to return... today!

I am with Cynthia on it not being fair about the entire day you East Coasters get in WDW on your travel day. We are lucky to be able to have some dinner before crashing. Unless we do a red eye the night before. :rolleyes:

Love the pics of the archway that Cynthia got!

The laptop sleeve is super cute! I often have suggested to my dh that he use the flight as a work day, but he has never done it. I have a hard time understanding why. All that time... just sitting. Working from home...or in flight...what is the difference? He feels guilty though...so always takes it as a vacation day. :rolleyes:

They are definitely the best archway shots I've ever gotten, very very happy with them! I do like the red eye for exactly that reason. Our first big family trip we got in at 10:30pm. Still had to eat and the kids were WOUND up and couldn't get to sleep. We never made the time switch that whole trip. Since then I really try for the red eye when possible. But since this was a solo trip, it worked out fine on the time switch.

It it very easy to do the work on the way to Orlando. Not so motivating on the way home though.

I am so sorry to hear about your loss. It is amazing how our connections on the dis are so strong...and even though I personally never met her or came across her her on dis, I can feel how much of an impact her passing has had on everyone here. My heart goes out to all of you... and to her family. :grouphug:

Thank you

All caught up! Looks like you had quite an eventful trip Cynthia! Turbulence, ME wait, seatbelts, busy MCO… wow.

Busy makes the trip fly by!

I am so sorry to read about Tracy. Sending lots of thoughts and prayers to her family.

Thank you

Yay, Cynthia has arrived at WDW! You got some nice shots from the front of that new bus!

definitely the best arch shots I've ever gotten

So sad for Tracy's family to lose her so young. I felt, as I do about many of my DISfriends, that I "knew" her through our mutual love for Disney. I did get the pleasure of meeting her in person briefly at our meet in October, and am so glad she was able to enjoy that last trip. I remember her posts on so many TRs I've read and she was always one with some funny comments. She will be sorely missed. :littleangel:

She was a riot and so full of life, it is surreal that she is gone.

Mary Ellen & Cynthia, I was so surprised to see that Tracy had passed away yesterday. I didn't know her but had seen her on the boards. How wonderful that you all had the chance to get to know each other in person as well as virtually. Those photos are wonderful, and are truly the memories worth keeping.:hug:

Thank you, she will be very much missed but I know will live on in all of us that knew her, through a slushie toast or a pool hop to the Poly or in so many other ways

How did you both manage to get great new bags for this trip. ME _ that Mickey bag is wonderful. Was that an Etsy purchase? C - I saw those laptop sleeves last year too. very tempting. Great that your new addition lessened your travel gear. I feel like a bag lady when I go to the airport!

Love the side by side travel stories! This is going to be another fun TR!:banana:

I really like the sleeve. The only bummer is that I like the reversible side better so it doesn't lay quite as flat as the other side does but that is ok.

I'm here for the fun!

Thank you SO much for posting the pictures of our friend Tracy. :goodvibes :hug: It is so tough acknowledging that she's gone but I am so extraordinarily grateful that we got one last amazing trip in October. Such a blast!! Love that photo of her from the Wild Africa Trek. I agree... a great way to remember her. ::yes::

:welcome: Christine!

You and Melissa really made some amazing memories for her throughout the trip, I am so grateful we got to see her as well.

Cynthia - I love the idea she's having a slushie with Walt. She probably is!! And she DID see the photopass pictures somehow. Maybe just in proof form online but I know she looked at them and loved them.

I know she saw them online in proof form, there are some really wonderful ones of her and Brielle and Kathy too. I did let Brielle know they are there and she's going out keep an eye out for them.

She probably is having a slushie with Walt, or maybe a glass of bubbly with Roy!

It was a very special trip for her - I wonder if she knew it would be the last? She had a great time and commented often over the last couple of months how much fun she'd had and how glad she was that we'd done it. Very special memories indeed. :grouphug:

I've been thinking alot about the best way to honor her memory and honestly I think what she'd like best is if you raise a glass (slushie, champagne, margarita, water) to her the next time you are there and continue to BELIEVE in the magic. pixiedust:

She loved Disney and this nutty Disney community we've built so much and was SO sincerely grateful for all of the good thoughts and prayers over the course of her illness.

Thank you for honoring her in your TR. I'm really looking forward to seeing what else you guys were up to over the course of the week. :) It was for sure a trip I will never ever forget! :goodvibes

What I love about Tracy is that even if she knew it would be her last, she definitely didn't approach the trip that way, she was as full of life as ever with such an amazing attitude and having so much fun. I know part of the way through the trip her body couldn't quite keep up but boy her spirit certainly did!

Joining in:) I was so happy to have met Tracy in Oct. She was a great lady and has left quite a legacy. Cynthia I know her family and especially her niece will treasure those pics.

Hi Mary and :welcome: I am so glad we were able to spend a little time with her in Oct as well.

It was hard hearing about Tracy. Only had the Oct meet but it hurts when it is someone so young and so quick. I will most certainly raise a glass next time I am there and only wished there was more time to get to know her. :noah:

Definitely, especially if you are in France, raise a glass to Tracy, she'd love that.

Thank you so much for posting this picture! That was such a great trip and now the memory will always be that much sweeter since it was the only chance I had to meet Tracy.

I'm here by the way! I'm not around a lot these days but I do love to try to catch up when I can!

:welcome: that is a cute picture of you guys!

Yippee - I'm in as well. Havent been on for a few days and you are 6 pages in already.

Loved your last report and have read a couple of Cynthia's and Pat's as well so this should be a blast!:cool1:

:welcome:!

Was lucky enough to get 2 days at F and W back in 2010 - it was wonderful. The New Zealand Booth cracked us up as it didn't resemble anything we know of here - looked more like one of the Pacific islands that are nearby. But the one I saw online this year was much more in line with our Maori culture.

How funny, I didn't really pay attention to the decor of the booth at all, just the menu! I have to look at my passport, I know I had wine there but not sure about food.

So sorry to hear about Tracy.

Take care

Thanks

Ohhhh sorry I'm joining so late! Another MK TR - what a treat! And it is nice to have a dual perspective (nice to "meet" you too Cynthia!) :thumbsup2

What a great tribute for your friend that lost her battle... that's so heartbreaking.

Nice to "meet" you too! :welcome: and thanks for your comments on Tracy.

Ahhh, I was afraid I was going to miss the start of your October TR while I was gone, Mary Ellen! Ah well, nevermind, I'm here now and caught up! :thumbsup2
Yay for departure day and arriving at WL! :cool1:

I am sorry to hear about your loss, such a sad thing to hear. :sad1:

So ME, you are interested in Kentucky. We go there quite a lot, stayed at a bed & breakfast in Lexington & went to the horse park.

Also went to some distillaries, nothing like sampling bourbon at 10 in the morning! Kentucky is beautiful, especially in the fall.:thumbsup2

I really need to get motivated to start my TR. There were some pretty good moments this trip, but I've been so lazy. It took a lot for me to even get started on Christmas!

Ahhh, I was afraid I was going to miss the start of your October TR while I was gone, Mary Ellen! Ah well, nevermind, I'm here now and caught up! :thumbsup2

:welcome: Alicia! Thanks so much for joining in! So glad you made it.

Yay for departure day and arriving at WL! :cool1:

It was a pretty uneventful travel day - which is ALWAYS a good thing! :thumbsup2

I am sorry to hear about your loss, such a sad thing to hear. :sad1:

Thanks! I will miss Tracy very much. She was a great person!

Joining in. Sorry to see about the passing of your friend. Prayers out to her family.

:welcome: lucky lady! Glad to have your joining in! And thank you very much for the condolences.

So ME, you are interested in Kentucky. We go there quite a lot, stayed at a bed & breakfast in Lexington & went to the horse park.

Also went to some distillaries, nothing like sampling bourbon at 10 in the morning! Kentucky is beautiful, especially in the fall.:thumbsup2

That's exactly what I want to do. I really want to tour the distilleries. I just wish Lexington was closer. Let's say 500 miles. Oh well. I'll get there. You'll have to post pictures from one of your visits.

I really need to get motivated to start my TR. There were some pretty good moments this trip, but I've been so lazy. It took a lot for me to even get started on Christmas!

Oh Doris, I can totally relate. I still have all my wrapping to do and I never get around to doing Christmas cards.

I hope you get the motivation for a TR because it sounds like it was a great trip!

Hi! I am back and ready to read about your fun trip.

I am so sorry for your loss. You have wonderful memories that you will cherish.

I'm in, rather late! Also, that was a wonderful tribute to Tracy. I saw the news on facebook and could not remember her Dis name. Great pictures, and she will be missed.

Hi! I am back and ready to read about your fun trip.

:welcome: krhst! Thanks so much for joining in! I should be doing an update very soon, so definitely stick around.

I am so sorry for your loss. You have wonderful memories that you will cherish.

Thank you! I do have wonderful memories of Tracy. I didn't know her nearly as well as I would have liked, but I really developed a lot of fondness towards here because she was a really cool person.

I'm in, rather late! Also, that was a wonderful tribute to Tracy. I saw the news on facebook and could not remember her Dis name. Great pictures, and she will be missed.

:welcome: Disneymoon. Thanks for joining in! You know - I am very happy that Tracy was so candid about her condition and posted about it on FB. It really helped keep the lines of communication and it allowed us to share our personal messages with her.

So, I am hoping to do an update today, but right now Denny is "making me" sign up for some online driving course, which is about the LAST I feel like doing. :faint: So be back later.

MEK said:
So, I am hoping to do an update today, but right now Denny is "making me" sign up for some online driving course, which is about the LAST I feel like doing. :faint: So be back later.

What????? We need more details on that!

We are about 150 miles from Lexington. Also, it's on our route south, which we drive a lot. ot of places to see in the area. Shaker Village is near there, along with other historical places.

MaryEllen, I just wanted to stop in before the next two days get too crazy, and wish you, Denny and all your family a very Merry Christmas.

tiggerchristmas.jpg

Hey Mary Ellen and Cynthia

Its Xmas day here - just 12.20am. I can't sleep due to a shoulder injury and the pain is worse at night.

Thought I may as well be on the DIS so want to wish you all a very Happy Xmas and a terrific New Year.

Looking forward to your adventures.

Take care pixiedust:

What????? We need more details on that!

:rotfl2: It's really not that exciting. If I complete some on-lin driving course for Delaware by the end of the year we all get a 15% discount on our insurance for a couple years. But its one of those things that you can't even skim and guess the answers because each section has a timer on it. So, yesterday I only had the patience for 1 section. I have 6 more to go. :faint:

We are about 150 miles from Lexington. Also, it's on our route south, which we drive a lot. ot of places to see in the area. Shaker Village is near there, along with other historical places.

That's neat. I think when we eventually do visit, I would like to swing through Ohio as well. I have never set foot in Ohio or Kentucky or any of the states in the middle of the country. So who knows - maybe I'll plan a road trip and stop by to see you! ;)

MaryEllen, I just wanted to stop in before the next two days get too crazy, and wish you, Denny and all your family a very Merry Christmas.

tiggerchristmas.jpg

Thank you Kathy! I love all your cute little clip art - they are always so festive and such a treat to get. I hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas, too!

Hey Mary Ellen and Cynthia

Its Xmas day here - just 12.20am. I can't sleep due to a shoulder injury and the pain is worse at night.

Thought I may as well be on the DIS so want to wish you all a very Happy Xmas and a terrific New Year.

Oh Toni - so sorry to hear your shoulder is hurting. Rotator cuff? I can only imagine how uncomfortable that must be at night. Makes me cringe to think about it.

I remember when I visited New Zealand how confused I was about the time change. But, yeah - that makes sense - So cool that it just became Christmas in NZ. Merry Christmas and Happy NY and I hope you feel better soon!

Looking forward to your adventures.

Take care pixiedust:

I am signed on so I can do an update right now. Then its on with the day!

Checkin In and Heading Out

In my last update my Magical Express bus had just rolled up to the Wilderness Lodge. I shot out of me seat like a bat out of ……… I hadn't done online checkin, so I made a beeline for the registration desk. In fact, in my haste I walked right past a CM who was outside helping to direct and check-in visitors. Oops! I was just too fast for her.

Kirk checked me in. I instantly liked him. So friendly and seemed genuinely happy that this was my first stay at the WL as a VWL owner. (I've stayed at the VWL, but now its one of my home resorts). Kirk apologized for my room not being ready. He told me it was on the 4th floor and was an accessible room. He checked to see if anything else was ready, but no such luck. Then he said - you'll like this room - its very nice. Honestly, I think he just said that.

So it was about 1:15pm and I was hoping for a ready room. But no worries, I set off to grab some lunch. I was getting annoyed with my two small bags and I actually considering checking them. In fact, I would have had they not been so full that I couldn't zip them. Yeah - my sherpa ways are here to stay.

I grabbed a sandwich at Roaring Forks and found a table outside near the pool.

IMG_4246.jpg

It was a gorgeous day and I really enjoyed my lunch outside. Just as I was finishing up and deciding what to do next, I got a text saying my room was ready. Woo Hoo. I cleaned up my trash and set off to find my room. On the way I made a quick gift shop stop.

Our room

IMG_9209.jpg

IMG_9210.jpg

IMG_9212.jpg

IMG_9214.jpg

IMG_9215.jpg

Bathroom

IMG_9220.jpg

Shower

IMG_9217.jpg

The problem with the accessible bathroom was there was NO storage at all in the bathroom.

IMG_9216.jpg

I kept wondering how two girls were going to survive in a bathroom with no storage space.

My solution - I decided to put the coffee table in there. Now we had a place to put our cosmetic bags. Problem solved and the BR was so big the table fit with no problem.

Another room view

IMG_9221.jpg

The balcony of our villa faced in the opposite direction from Bay Lake.

IMG_9223.jpg

IMG_9226.jpg

I would have loved a bay lake view, but I was just happy to be off the ground floor.

Just as I was finishing taking a few pictures I got a text from Poolrat Pat asking what I was up to. At first I was impressed that she knew I was there, but then I remembered I had posted my entire journey on FB. Doh!

I told her I was going to the pool and then I was planning to unpack and head into Epcot. I asked her if she wanted to meet me at the Ditch for a rita, to which she said YES!

I knew Cynthia wasn't due to arrive for several more hours, so I thought it would be smart to get my stuff put away before she arrived.

I took my camera with me as I went to refill my mug prior to hitting the pool.

Some WL pictures

IMG_9228.jpg

IMG_9230.jpg

IMG_9233.jpg

IMG_9234.jpg

IMG_9237.jpg

IMG_9238.jpg

IMG_9239.jpg

IMG_9252.jpg

IMG_9242.jpg

I decided to hang at the villa pool

IMG_9243.jpg

IMG_9244.jpg

I didn't spend all that much time at the pool because it was already starting to get very shaded around the villa pool. All those trees that are planted at the WL create a lot of shade and I was running out of a good sun spot. Bummer!

When I got back to my room, my luggage had arrived, so I unpacked and put everything away. I think Cynthia may have sent me a FB pm from the plane and I told her that we had an accessible room. I was hoping she wouldn't be upset about that since the lay-out is different.

In actuality, it was a very big room I guess because there was no closet secondary to the size of the bathroom.

I got ready for Epcot and took a couple more pictures of my reflection before I walked out the door.

IMG_9261.jpg

IMG_9265.jpg

Continued In Next Post........

At the Bus Stop

IMG_9266.jpg

I actually saw a bus pulling away as I walking towards the stop and yup, it was an Epcot bus. Figures. Drat!

So I took some pictures as I was waiting

IMG_9267.jpg

IMG_9271.jpg

Yup - I was getting bored!

IMG_9274.jpg

Finally, another bus came and I was on my way. I texted Pat that I was "finally" on my way. She was staying at the BCV, so I knew she could be there in 5 minutes.

The last time I stayed at the WL I noticed that the buses went over to the GF to pick up guests. I was pretty psyched that the bus didn't go in that direction. But instead we ended up at Fort Wilderness to pick up guests. Fortunately, that detour didn't take too long.

Welcome to Epcot!

IMG_9278.jpg

And the time

IMG_9279.jpg

I swear if I didn't take these occasional "time" pictures I would be totally mixed up as to the time of day.

Getting closer

IMG_9280.jpg

And - I'm IN!

IMG_9281.jpg

And you are not going to believe this, but I carried my camera without its bag so I didn't have to go through bag check. Score!

The first thing I noticed about Food & Wine was that people were carrying glasses of beer right up to the front of the park. Gotta love that!

Cropped to remove the heads

IMG_9282.jpg

Food & Wine Displays. Very Cute!

IMG_9283.jpg

I ALWAYS take a picture of this fountain......

IMG_9284.jpg

and of this awning

IMG_9287.jpg

IMG_9289.jpg

I love this fountain, too!

IMG_9293.jpg

At that point I just dodged other guests and headed straight to the Ditch or La Cava del Tequila. Pat was already there.

Now - you know what they say on the DIS - if you don't take a picture of your DIS meet, it didn't happen. Well, I'm going to be upfront about this - I had several DIS meets this trip where I did NOT take pictures. I know, I know - How can this be? Let's just say that there were some personal reasons why I didn't feel like shoving my camera in everyone's face.

But do not fear - there WILL be plenty more pictures of Pat in later updates. The best IS yet to come.

I decided to order the cucumber margarita (in honor of Danielle's drunk little cucumber)

IMG_4248.jpg

And it did not disappoint! Loved it. It was very much like the jalapeño (but instead of jalapeño bits in the bottom of the glass there were drunk little cucumber remnants).

I forget what Pat had, but I think it was one of their fruity margarita versions.

Perhaps because it was F&W and the majority of park guests were at the kiosks, there was plenty of seating at the Ditch. Pat and I talked for awhile and I instantly liked her. She can talk a mile a minute, but its all good talk and she is totally genuine!

While we were chatting, Cynthia updated us regarding her location. She was making good time to the park which was good since she and I had a 7:30 or 8pm ADR at Le Chefs.

When Cynthia arrived I'm not even sure if she had time for a drink. It was great to see her. Sorry - no pictures of the three of us. We kind of gathered everything up and made our way over to our dinner ADR. I wished that Pat was going to join us, but we told her we would be back in Epcot tomorrow and we would text her to meet up.

So dinner is really a blur to me and I don't remember being especially hungry (I swear its those margaritas - they fill me up)

But I do have a picture of my entree.

IMG_4250.jpg

Coquille St Jacques et crevette, gnocchis Provencales - sauteed scallops and shrimps served with gnocchis provencales $31.99

It was good, but a little on the bland side. Again, I have noticed that after I have one of those Ditch ritas, the flavor of certain foods seems to be bland. I noticed this last year when we ate at La Hacienda after I had a rita. Hmmmm? A trend perhaps?

We did not see Illuminations because we were eating during the show. I don't think I had anything else with dinner, except, perhaps a glass of wine. Sorry my memory is so bad.

After dinner I didn't really take any night time pictures except for these:

IMG_9299.jpg

Impressive, right???? Haha!

No amount of editing can fix this picture, but I'm posting it anyway

IMG_9300.jpg

A new twist on the fountains outside France

IMG_9301.jpg

I tried to put a photobucket edit in here, but I'm not sure if it "took". So that's why I posted it a second time.

IMG_9301.jpg

Back at the room I think Cynthia was probably still wide away from being on West Coast time. She decided to fix a drink and I joined her. I think we went out and walked around the resort and sat on the beach for a little while just catching up.

Here are our liquor stores for the week

IMG_4252.jpg

Do you think we have enough? :rotfl2:

Up Next - Dumbo and an MK first!

Oh Yeah - Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays Everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well now you're together and you had your Rita! :thumbsup2 That shrimp dish almost looks like a stew.

Merry Christmas to you!

I really want to stay at WL someday. I think the grounds are beautiful! Your room looks nice, except the bedspread. Is that a blue floral? It doesn't look very wildernessy to me. :rotfl:
Yay for the meet up with Pat. She seems like she would be a lot of fun to hang with.

Ahh...I can never get enough WL pictures. What a great resort. Sorry you didn't get the lake view, but I guess you can't win everything.

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2 for a Poolrat Pat meet-up! Glad you two hit it off so well. And now that Cynthia's on board the fun can begin!

Merry Christmas!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!