Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting Than You!*6/8* NEW Trip Report Link p154

Not even 24 hours and I'm on page 3 :headache: you're one popular lady Mary Ellen!

:welcome: Pam. So glad to have you here joining in! With two people writing a trip report, its easy to be popular - at least in the beginning! :rotfl:

Thanks for the invite, can't wait to hear about your newest adventure :)

I am so very excited to be writing about this TR. It was SO. MUCH. FUN.

OMG, I'm late & on page three! Well at least I'm here. Now to catch up!

:welcome: Doris! So glad you are joining in! And I'm still wondering if you are going to start a TR for your September trip? :worship:

Okay, I'm here to actually comment now!

Yeah! :cool1:

I am soooo glad that you loved F&W! I knew you would. Maybe one day we can overlap a F&W trip and share some drunk little cucumbers. :rotfl:

I would love that. I actually did have a drunk little cucumber as soon as I entered Epcot. Surprised? :rotfl2:

Departure days are always the best. You're so excited when you get up in the morning. It's the only time I'm actually able to get up early.
Tell me about it. Normally I want to silence my alarm for the next 30 minutes. But never on D day!

How did you like The Girl Who Played with Fire? I think it's a great series.

Loved it. I love the entire series. I just ordered the last book.

Hahaha, I think the signature gate picture might prove to be a little difficult when you are seated all the way in the back of the bus.

Yes - it was quite difficult from the back of the bus and I was actually so disappointed because I didn't get the signature shot in June either.

I am so stoked to stay at the villas at the GF. I don't care what the points are! We've stayed there on points before, and that's without villas. Anything has to be better than that! :lmao:

Wow - that must have been a lot of points, but such a fun time. I really can't wait to stay there and I hope its not impossible to get a reservation.

Another trip report? I am so in!

:welcome: Rachel! Thanks so much for joining in. Yup - another TR. I could have used a little break, but oh well.

Checking in! Sounds like a fun trip!

:welcome: Tammie! So glad to have you on board for this TR. It a good one, if I do say so myself.

That was such a fun moment Tina, I still smile every time I think about it! I hope Max is feeling better.

Yeah - its so great that Tina recognized us right away, because I'm not sure if we would have recognized her so easily. That meet was too funny. :lmao:

Sorry I'm not getting to all the replies, but I will. I promise!

Mary Ellen, Cynthia, and all of Tracy's other friends- I offer my condolences to you all for the loss of your friend. Thank you for sharing the pictures and stories Mary Ellen. I'm sorry I didn't know Tracy, but I can tell that she was someone with a fun spirit and personality from what you posted. I'm glad that you have those precious memories from past trips with her.

Wonderful update, Cynthia (glad to see I'm not the only one who gets a Starbucks for the flight :)). Sorry for the turbulent flight...one of the many things I hate about flying. That took an awfully long time for ME to the resort. But glad you arrived safely.

MEK, I was so upset when I heard about Tracy. Although I never met her, we exchanged messages from time to time (when Mark's mom was ill as well as my mother and she sent me a lovely message congratulating me on Markie's engagement). She was a lovely lady, and your description just makes that all the clearer. Thank you for sharing your memories.

Mary Ellen and Cynthia, I am SO sorry for your and all our loss. :hug: I did not know Tracy in person, but I feel that here we are all one big family and I still remember her posts.
It breaks my heart seeing those happy smiling photos and on the other hand knowing that Tracy has left this earth. So very sorry. :hug:

We will all miss Tracy here. Those of you who traveled with her even more. I'm glad she was able to travel and make such special memories for so many.

Cynthia -- a great start to your trip! I often try to get a muffin for the flight too. Sounds like quite a long flight and losing all those hours would just make it even longer! I'm lucky in that way, when I go to Disney I get to gain an hour.

Mary Ellen & Cynthia -- I am so sorry to hear about your friend's passing. I'm glad you both have some wonderful memories of her to cherish, and those great Disney pictures too.

Great start Cynthia! Yay on having the cutest boy on the ME bus, I bet that made the wait that much bearable! :p

Mary Ellen, such sad news about Tracy. May she rest in peace, my thoughts and prayers are with her :hug:

I'm really sorry to hear this news. I didn't know her, but it's obvious she was a wondeful friend and well-loved.

Hi! I'm glad I found this one, especially since I see it will involve 3 familiar names from other TR's. I usually stumble across new TRs a few months after they start and end up lurking, so I'm glad I got here the first week! :thumbsup2 :rotfl::lmao:

It looks like a good start and I love your choice for Wilderness Lodge! That is my favorite resort!

I'm sorry for the loss of your Disfriend. I don't think I'm familiar with her name, but she seems to have many friends here on the boards.

Wonderful update, Cynthia (glad to see I'm not the only one who gets a Starbucks for the flight :))
I was going to quote that picture and ask if this was a KatMark TR, but I guess you beat me to the joke.

popcorn:: joining in popcorn::

:welcome: MiaBelle! thanks for joining in! :thumbsup2 I see you have a F&w trip slated for next year. You are going to LOVE it!

So glad you started your newest TR! :cool1: Can't wait to read all about the trip!

:welcome: Danielle! Thanks so much for joining in on the latest and greatest! All I can say is - it was a really fun trip!

I did, that's how I got here! :cool1:

:welcome: addictedtothemouse! Love your screen name because each and everyone of us can relate to it. :rotfl: Thanks for joining in!

OH MY GOSH, page 4~

Found ya, reading later at basketball practice :)

:welcome: Mary Ellen! Thanks for catching up with us on the latest and greatest TR! Definitely a great way to pass the time at basketball practice. ;)

Here. Great start. I hate having to wait for the bus. .

:welcome: Scott. Isn't it great when you get in on a TR right from the beginning? So happy to have you along for the ride.

I am excited for GFV but did you see the artist rendition or whatever it is called of the room. YUCK! I will stay there though.

No, I didn't. I guess I need to look at that. Did you find it here? Is it all victorian and flowery. Please say no. :rotfl: I will still stay there, too!

A There were only a few other folks on the bus so of course, I grabbed a front row seat!

And sat.

And sat.

And sat............................

While we waited for it to fill up. Which it did. Eventually. I was really wishing I'd have waited in line and gotten that water.

I wonder what is worse - waiting in line or waiting on the bus? At least you got the front row and got great entry pictures.

I once got on ME and had to wait awhile. It was then that I realized how thirsty I was and it drove me crazy the whole way, so now I always get a bottle of water. :rotfl:

Great update, Cynthia! I'm sorry it takes so long to get to Disney from the west coast. If I can't live in Florida, at least my flight's under three hours.

I am so glad that my flight is only 1 hour and 55 minutes. Yeah! :cool1: 5 hours is just too long, but what are you gonna do?

I also think I have the same work computer as you...is that a lenovo?

Nice laptop sleeve! I really liked all the 40th merch they had and it was funny because it was also my husband's birthday.

All I can say to this is I am so happy to now have my new lap top to travel with. My last one was 17inches and the hinge broke so I couldn't close it. It's traveling days are well over. :rotfl:

Glad you've finally arrived safely!

I am too. I think she made great time. She got to Epcot right on time!

OMG Mary Ellen. My heart just literally dropped into my stomach reading this update. :( I am SO sorry for the loss of your friend. I didn't know Tracy, but I do remember seeing her comment on people's TR's, and I knew you met her on a few trips. How awful. I had no idea she was even sick. I mean, I don't know how I would have, but still, it's such a shock.

Did I welcome you already Jen? I guess I did because you have two posts. Ugh Altzheimer's already.

Anyway, thank you so much for your kind comments. I know a lot of DISers knew Tracy and, even though she hasn't posted here in awhile, this is where I met her. She got diagnosed with cancer last May and endured grueling chemotherapy all summer long. I feel very blessed that I was able to spend some time with her in October, her last trip.

I am so, so sorry for your loss. My heart is already broken for those poor families in Newtown, and now for this. :goodvibes :hug:

That is tragedy that will never be forgotten. That's for sure. It's so horrific and I can't imagine how those parents are surviving.

That's such sad news Mary Ellen. I'm so sorry.

Thanks Glen. Judging by the number of people who have posted on her FB page, she will be sorely missed by many, many people.

So sorry to hear this news. I didn't know her personally, but I do remember her postings. She had a sassy way about her which made her posts enjoyable. Such a shame when someone passes away so young.:sad1:

Thanks Doris. You described her perfectly. She was definitely sassy in her approach to life and I liked that she seemed unencumbered by the anxieties that seem to plague a lot of people. She seemed pretty fearless and that's how she approached her diagnosis.

Jiminy Crickets ladies...I'm not on the DISboards for a day and a half and you start another TR and I'm relegated to page 4?!?! You ladies are POP-U-LAR!! :thumbsup2 On my TRs it would take me posting 3 1/2 pages of pics and commentary to get to page 4! :sad2:

:welcome: Bill! So glad you are here! :cool1:

And, stop.....your TRs are awesome! But, yeah, we are popular~:lmao:

I'm so looking forward to this TR as DW and I plan for our F&W trip next October. Well....I do all the planning....DW's involvement is a)tell me when we're leaving, b) how long are we staying and c) what will the weather be like?!

So DW has some very important contributions to your trip. Weather is important. I did learn something important about the weather - pack a light jacket or sweater. There were a couple of evenings were it was a little cool out. I was not prepared for that and only had the jacket I wore on the plane. Good thing it was a neutral!

Great start. I'm subscribed for the ride!!!

Yeah! And I can't wait for next year. When we meet up next year we should decide if we just want to walk around and hit all the kosks or whether we should actually plan a meal together. Whatever we decide it will be so fun!

I am glad you posted these. I struggled with this today. I spent a chunk of time last week, once we learned she had started Hospice, to get her photopass out as quickly as possible. I doubt she had a chance to see it, it arrived on Friday which made me so upset. I'd sent hers express, everyone elses priority and I swear the priority ones got to people faster. Anyway, it's not about me. I just couldn't bear pulling up pictures after going through those last week. I will probably post a few of my favorites on my TR at some point but I'm not there yet.

I would love to see her PP pictures and I am certain her family would appreciate having them. I actually would love to post a tribute to her on youtube, but would obviously ask her family. I have an acoustic recording that I did of "Gone Too Soon" that I have been waiting to post (only cause I'm lazy) and it seems like the perfect song for her.

Is it wrong that all I want to do right now is have a margarita and toast to her? That was my first meeting with Tracy, at the Ditch.

Nope. I thought the same thing. First rita I have in June will definitely be a toast to her!

Mary Ellen I'm so sorry to hear that! My thoughts and prayers are with everyone.

Thanks Danielle! I am certain her family (and especially her neice) are going through a hard time right now. So very sad.

I am so, so sorry to hear about Tracy's passing. I didn't know her, but from the way you described her, it sounds like she was a wonderful person and friend. I'm so glad you were able to make some wonderful memories with her. I am sorry her family and friends had to lose her right before Christmas. I hope she's loving her new home. :littleangel:

Thank you Marissa. I do have very fond memories of Tracy. She was definitely one of the most likeable people I have ever had the occasion to meet. I am sure her friends and family and grieving hard right now.

Mary Ellen, Cynthia, and all of Tracy's other friends- I offer my condolences to you all for the loss of your friend. Thank you for sharing the pictures and stories Mary Ellen. I'm sorry I didn't know Tracy, but I can tell that she was someone with a fun spirit and personality from what you posted. I'm glad that you have those precious memories from past trips with her.

Thanks so much Dee! Tracy used to post on one of my old TRs. It may have been the one where I was staying at Kidani. It turned out that in May 2010 our trips overlapped. Pure coincidence. I had never even seen her picture when I met her. But she recognized me right away. We actually had the same ADR - again coincidence. I just sort of bonded with her because she was so genuine.

Wonderful update, Cynthia (glad to see I'm not the only one who gets a Starbucks for the flight :)). Sorry for the turbulent flight...one of the many things I hate about flying. That took an awfully long time for ME to the resort. But glad you arrived safely.

We also had starbucks for our coffee pot every day! It was wonderful.

I guess crumbly muffins and turbulent flights really don't mix all that well. :rotfl:

MEK, I was so upset when I heard about Tracy. Although I never met her, we exchanged messages from time to time (when Mark's mom was ill as well as my mother and she sent me a lovely message congratulating me on Markie's engagement). She was a lovely lady, and your description just makes that all the clearer. Thank you for sharing your memories.

Thank you Kathy. She really was lovely and so genuine. So very likeable and the phrase "only the good die young" keeps going through my head when I think of her.

Mary Ellen and Cynthia, I am SO sorry for your and all our loss. :hug: I did not know Tracy in person, but I feel that here we are all one big family and I still remember her posts.

Thanks Karin. And you are right - we are all like a family because we are so connected by our love for a place which is geniunely happy and magical. It's hard to lose a member of our virtual family.

It breaks my heart seeing those happy smiling photos and on the other hand knowing that Tracy has left this earth. So very sorry. :hug:

It is sad to see her alive and well and so full of life. She even looked beautiful (although quite a bit thinner after chemo) when we saw her in October. She posted a picture of her dressed up for Victoria and Alberts where she looked stunning.

I am so sorry to hear about your loss. :hug: Even though I didn't "know" her, its heartbreaking to hear about anyone passing from that horrible disease.

Well, hey....who am I to argue with that, but I sure think it threw Gaston for a loop. He didn't know what to say! :rotfl2:

I hope Max is feeling better.

And I have you and Cynthia to thank for the TR title. I can't claim even an ounce of credit.

Nope...he sure didn't! :rotfl2:

Max is finally getting over the fever, but he's still pretty sniff-ly. Ugh. It just makes me feel bad that I can't make him totally comfortable.

That's actually a pretty amusing story. I guess she decided you were a creepy internet stalker. :rotfl: That happened once with my friend Jen and I. We met some lady getting off the plane in Orlando and when Jen asked if she was on the DIS she said, "NO I hate the website" Awkward!

No hijack at all!
[/QUOTE]

Oh...that would be awkward! :lmao: There is plenty of Disboard-hate out there. :confused3 I know that the guy over at easywdw had a field day with the the Main Street bakey closing thread.

I have been trying to keep up with dis while using my phone... so I saw that you had started, but I wasn't sure how to subscribe by using my phone. I told myself I would pop over here once I was to my computer... and BAM you are how many pages in?

So I am here...but have to go back and read. :goodvibes

Ok, all caught up and Love the start!

It is so great that you and Cynthia have met despite living on opposite sides of the country.

Sorry you had to be in the back of the DME bus. I actually use to prefer that. However, now (now that I know that being a good diser means getting that "we are here shot") I always try to sit up closer to the front.

Your pictures have me excited! They are awesome shots and make me want to return... today!

I am with Cynthia on it not being fair about the entire day you East Coasters get in WDW on your travel day. We are lucky to be able to have some dinner before crashing. Unless we do a red eye the night before. :rolleyes:

Love the pics of the archway that Cynthia got!

The laptop sleeve is super cute! I often have suggested to my dh that he use the flight as a work day, but he has never done it. I have a hard time understanding why. All that time... just sitting. Working from home...or in flight...what is the difference? He feels guilty though...so always takes it as a vacation day. :rolleyes:

I am so sorry to hear about your loss. It is amazing how our connections on the dis are so strong...and even though I personally never met her or came across her her on dis, I can feel how much of an impact her passing has had on everyone here. My heart goes out to all of you... and to her family. :grouphug:

All caught up! Looks like you had quite an eventful trip Cynthia! Turbulence, ME wait, seatbelts, busy MCO… wow.

I am so sorry to read about Tracy. Sending lots of thoughts and prayers to her family.

Yay, Cynthia has arrived at WDW! You got some nice shots from the front of that new bus!

So sad for Tracy's family to lose her so young. I felt, as I do about many of my DISfriends, that I "knew" her through our mutual love for Disney. I did get the pleasure of meeting her in person briefly at our meet in October, and am so glad she was able to enjoy that last trip. I remember her posts on so many TRs I've read and she was always one with some funny comments. She will be sorely missed. :littleangel:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter