• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Somethings up at DVC

WDWCRAZY32

Proud DVC Grandpa
I received a phone call tonight from a survey company representing DVC asking questions about my interest in WDW and DVC. They are to email me in about 2 weeks with a DVC survey which they said would take approx. 30 minutes to complete. I'll post what it's all about when I receive it. They could not give me any info as to what the survey was about so for now I'm in the dark.

:rolleyes:

We received the same call on Wednesday.

Now you have me wondering, if it is a legit DVC survey (if could be), or if some resale company that got your name from the public record wants more info on you. Let us know, please, when you get the survey...if it is supposed to be secret, we don't need the details, just let us know if it is really DVC doing the survey.

After our recent trip I got a postcard from Disney asking me to log on to a certain site with the given password for a survey.
But no phone call.

I got that same postcard after our Dec trip, but we were not DVC members at the time and we stayed at the Contemp., while Shades of Green was under renovation. Although we did do the DVC tour that trip I don't think the online survey was related.

The company calling stated they were calling on behalf of DVC, I have to assume that it is really for DVC. The post card surveys are something different, I was at the CR a few weeks ago and received the card about a week later, they have to do with service, cleanliness, and other things specific to that hotel and its services. Also had cards from stays at POR, CSR but no card from my Dec trip to OKW. Will keep you posted.

we received a call the other night...she talked way too fast and I choose not to give her info...just didnt believe she rep. DVC..by a few QQ she ask....maybe i'm wrong ......thought about calling MS....but didnt

I received the same phone call this morning. Did give her my Email, so should be receiving the "30 minute internet survey about the accomodations at WDW". Don't remember how long before I get the survey.

I got the same phone call the other night. I did choose to participate, if only because I try to participate in as much market research as I can. Having worked for a market research agency when I was in high school, I know that we may never know who sponsored the survey. I was not told that they represented DVC, only that the survey was about DVC. Not the same thing. Anyway, I'm looking forward to it. Perhaps I'm naive, but I think some good can come from companies asking for customers' opinions.

We received the same phone call on Thursday night. The caller offered very few specifics and we did not feel comfortable with the call. I told the caller that we had just returned from WDW and had attended the OKW community meeting---telling him that nothing was mentioned at the meeting about an ongoing survey.
He told me that the survey was brand new but when I told him that we had been home less than 48 hours, he hung up. I called our guide on Friday morning and he knew nothing about any surveys being conducted by either DVC or WDW. I am guessing it's a salescall but would like for someone to post after they receive the survey.

When we booked our Christmas trip at the 11 month window before being connected wife was asked if she would like to take part in a survey after booking which she did (she likes to listen to the American accent it makes her fell like she is on vacation). Mainly it was about the cast member who dealt with here regarding helpfulness ect.
Regards Paulh

I'd guess this is a sales call of some sort, likely about other timeshare in Orlando.

I wonder if the surveys are coming from the company that announced it was building the resort on property bordering WDW??? Was it Fairfield or Four Seasons or something like that? They could be trying to find out what DVCers are happy/unhappy about and structure their resort accordingly to try to lure people to purchase from them. They may even have their people reading these boards...

We recieved a call a few months back inviting us to a meeting about our DVC ownership at a local hotel. They told DH it was about exchanges etc............we did not show up!!!!

I just got the same call and they said they were Chadwick, Martin, And Bailey(Spelling might be wrong). They said they were calling on behalf of disney and DVC They asked my age group, if I was a member and if I had internet. They said they would E-mail a survey in 2-3weeks that would take approx.30min the survey was about disney accomidations(sp). The scarey thing is they had all my info ie address, phone,names. I said I was willing to participate but am now wondering how they got all my info.:eek: .
We will have to wait and see.

Originally posted by nelle
...They said they were calling on behalf of disney and DVC They asked my age group, if I was a member and if I had internet.

I'd be a little suspicious that they were calling on behalf of DVC and still asked if you were a member. In the past, most member survey contacts were handled entirely thru the mail with an announcement on DVC letterhead explaining the purpose of the survey. Hopefully the followup communication will be more substantial.

Please keep us posted!

Many times what happens with regard to market research surveys is that a company (ie disney) hires an independent market research firm (chadwick, bailey etc) to conduct surveys and evaluate results. Often they ask questions to confirm that you do qualify to participate in the study (are you a dvc member? Is this your address?). Sometimes they even ask you to confirm your phone number, even though they just called it. This explains why an outside agency has all our info as well as why they're asking questions disney should already know the answer to. I don't see this as being a sales call, though if it were I'd have little difficulty saying no.

I just sent this thread to a DVC CM. This CM usually replies to me in a very timely manner. I will let you all know when I hear something.

Personally I would be VERY leary to give out information over the phone to someone I do not know or know of.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter